• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

daw840

Mrbob said:
Ok someone help me out here.

I see daw has me listed last night as one of four temas to play. Can we play our games ahead of a said schedule???

Also, are we resetting the league tonight? I have a game planned this evening against me week 1 opponent and won't play it if we are starting over.

Edit: I'm on the league page right now...I see we can play all the week 1 teams right away?

Hey man, are you around right now? I'm free in about 10 minutes

DiddyBop

how do i go about playing a game? do i have to do it through the league online? and any of my opponents wanna play tonight? suns or nuggets?

Smokey

Heh you can follow games in our league that are being played.

http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/index.cfm?l=11080

It's like if you'd follow your team online when you wouldn't be able to watch them on TV IRL. It updates every time somebody scores and has all the stats from the players from the game listed on the left.

Nuggets v. Clippers
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/game.cfm?l=11080&g=977256

Jazz v. Magic
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/game.cfm?l=11080&g=977272

They really stepped it up w/ the leagues and what you can do. Only thing missing now is a full blown spectator mode.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the other team is the hawks! viakado i sent you a friends request.

dang, NO ONE is around!? i want to play!

I just got home.

lets run a game

daw840

Wow, Nuggets win their first game ever by a score of 81-80, fucking incredible game that came down to the last second. The Clippers missed a 16 foot jump shot with 1 second left to seal the deal for the Nuggets.

Great game Diddy

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Yo ... Shawn, you around?

Looking to knock out a game or three tonight! :) Pistons here, Anachronous One.

EDIT: Can we play ANY of our 1st round games in ANY order? IE, AirBrian is my second opponent, but is online. Can I play his game now?

ecnal

jazz here--any week1 opponents that want to go i'm ready to play

edit: playing mr.bob in 15 minutes, anyone that wants to play after that msg me

daw840

anachronous_one said:

EDIT: Can we play ANY of our 1st round games in ANY order? IE, AirBrian is my second opponent, but is online. Can I play his game now?

Yes, you can play any week 1 game at any time. You don't have to go in order. A feature that I really like a lot.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
anachronous_one said:

I'll be around to play some games. I see Pistons are my third opponent, so whenever you're ready hit me up

lol i dont know if i just suck or its the mavs, but howcome every shot i take seems to be contested and every shot my opponent takes is almost always wide open. i'm playing a mix of man and zone!

i need to learn about the release point cause im shooting a poor percetange and i can't make layups sometimes.

i did ok in the 2nd half against cerrius because he destroyed me from outside. i need to shoot like that :(

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol i dont know if i just suck or its the mavs, but howcome every shot i take seems to be contested and every shot my opponent takes is almost always wide open. i'm playing a mix of man and zone!

i need to learn about the release point cause im shooting a poor percetange and i can't make layups sometimes.

i did ok in the 2nd half against cerrius because he destroyed me from outside. i need to shoot like that :(
retry..back to lobby!

AirBrian

Sorry, FMT, anachronous sent me a challenge.

I really wish you could see how far along the game is (at least what quarter) like you can in EA online game. You have no idea if a "LIVE" game has just started or almost over.

Mrbob

Damn. Game disconnected just as the 4th started. I was going to have my big comeback! :lol

Offensive rebounds are way too plentiful.

ecnal

ya, what should we do about random network errors?

it called the game from where it disconnected. is there a way to replay or something?

DiddyBop said:
dude i asked foe the suns a few posts up,lets get a game in!

oh ok i didn't see it. i need to finish watching our courtrivals team, should be about 10 min,i 'll message you on live when that's over!

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Dammit, Cerrius ... thought I had you where I wanted you in the 1st half!

That shower of 3s absolutely punished me for the zone I played in the 2nd half, though. DAMN.

AirBrian

Wow, gg, Smokey. It fell apart at the end, but it was a battle for most of the game.

DCX said:
did u propose a trade with me?

DCX
Nope. It says you proposed a trade with me. And I just declined it BTW. :)

AirBrian

Oh, and the fouls seem a lot harder this year. I swear I wasn't doing that on purpose. :lol

And 2K better fix the damn FT camera-slo-mo glitch thing. Holy crap that's so frustrating.

Top Bottom