• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

daw840

Alright, I registered for the 2K sports website. How exactly do I register my GT?

edit: Wow, after like 15 minutes of searching this POS site I found it. Why do they have to make everything so difficult?

Yo Smokey, is Shane Battier on the market? I have a hell of an offer for you if he is... ;)

EDIT - I'll be home in half an hour. Anyone playing the Lakers this week wanna roll tonight, we can run (Except for Smokey as I need more games under my belt before I test him)!

DMczaf

WTF is up with 2K? They have Rashard Lewis on the bench, and everytime i try to put him back as a starter and save, I return to Mangage Team Rotation and he's back to being on the bench.

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Yo Smokey, is Shane Battier on the market? I have a hell of an offer for you if he is... ;)

EDIT - I'll be home in half an hour. Anyone playing the Lakers this week wanna roll tonight, we can run (Except for Smokey as I need more games under my belt before I test him)!

What you got in mind..?

Also my thought earlier was correct.

When you log into the league through the 360 there are 5 games up top and you can play any of those games (they are your first 5 games on your schedule).

I'm about to play DM even though he's game two on my schedule. As long as they are online you play any of those five games up top in no particular order.

So I'll extend the deadline for these first 5 games to be played until next Sat Nov 8.

oh shit viakado, cerrius has the heat, i forgot i was the suns :lol :lol

are you interested in snaq or robin lopez?

pheeniks said:
oh shit viakado, cerrius has the heat, i forgot i was the suns :lol :lol

are you interested in snaq or robin lopez?
:lol :lol :lol lemme check your roster and i'll get back to ya.

btw, my roster still has JJ and williams and no big sexy. what's up with that? :(

shaq for horford?

viakado said:

btw, my roster still has JJ and williams and no big sexy. what's up with that? :(

shaq for horford?

I actually don't think I'd do shaq for horford. i'd trade him for one of your forwards though

viakado said:

shaq for horford?

Just approved the trade in game. They should be on your roster

DMczaf

Why the hell does Lockon D not work all the time? I had the same problem against Konex when he was just driving over and over again with Vince Carter, I would press the left trigger over and over and my player wouldn't lock on. Toward the end of my game vs smokey I couldn't even stick with BRENT BARRY because lock on D wasn't activating.

DMczaf said:
Why the hell does Lockon D not work all the time? I had the same problem against Konex when he was just driving over and over again with Vince Carter, I would press the left trigger over and over and my player wouldn't lock on. Toward the end of my game vs smokey I couldn't even stick with BRENT BARRY because lock on D wasn't activating.

who was the defender?

some of them take a really long time, I think

Smokey

DMczaf said:

It's different this year.

You still have to move your guy manually in order for the lock on D to stick. Last season you could just press it and the defender would stick with their opponent.

GG BTW

DMczaf

I'm not talking about when its on, I'm talking about it not turning on AT ALL. I would sit there pressing left trigger over and over, and nothing would happen.

Or sometimes I would press it once, and bam it activates.

Smokey

DMczaf said:
I'm not talking about when its on, I'm talking about it not turning on AT ALL. I would sit there pressing left trigger over and over, and nothing would happen.

Or sometimes I would press it once, and bam it activates.

Ah I gotcha. It does have some issues though. I usually mix it up between lock on D and just staying in front of my man which is sometimes better. Also who do I have to give up to get Turk off your hands...?

It also looks like they put EVERYTHING online this year. You can now check out the Team Stats screen from your game online.

http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/game.cfm?l=11080&g=977248&menu=recap#media

Looks like you can also upload media from the game and put it on the website too. It doesn't say how to do it though but I'm going to mess around w/ it to see if I can get it to work.

Wow you can also use the Gametrack feature online to see who scored when and where and when you click the check box it shows it on the shot chart above plus all the other stats on the left side o_O

http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/game.cfm?l=11080&g=977248&menu=recap#media

This will solve a lot of those he did this and that battles that will inevitably occur.

DMczaf

Smokey said:
Ah I gotcha. It does have some issues though. I usually mix it up between lock on D and just staying in front of my man which is sometimes better. Also who do I have to give up to get Turk off your hands...?

It also looks like they put EVERYTHING online this year. You can now check out the Team Stats screen from your game online.

Considering Turkey Glue was the only guy on my team who wanted to make jumpshots, NOTHING!

I really should practice with the Magic, it took me until the 3rd quarter to learn how to use this offense.

Magic Offense - Get the F'in ball to Turkey Glue, and get the hell out of the way!

Smokey

DMczaf said:
Considering Turkey Glue was the only guy on my team who wanted to make jumpshots, NOTHING!

I really should practice with the Magic, it took me until the 3rd quarter to learn how to use this offense.

Magic Offense - Get the F'in ball to Turkey Glue, and get the hell out of the way!

You gotta beast down there in Dwight. Once you learn how to use em you'll be nice:D

dcx, cb3, shawn, airbrian you all are left let me know who can play!

Smokey

pheeniks said:
I may missed something but I can play my week 2-5 opponents now?

Smokey said:
What you got in mind..?

Also my thought earlier was correct.

When you log into the league through the 360 there are 5 games up top and you can play any of those games (they are your first 5 games on your schedule).

I'm about to play DM even though he's game two on my schedule. As long as they are online you play any of those five games up top in no particular order.

So I'll extend the deadline for these first 5 games to be played until next Sat Nov 8.

daw840

Well, since I can play anyone in round 1. Is any owner of these teams available to play right now?

Portland
LA Clippers
New Orleans
Toronto
New Jersey

Anyone?

Smokey

If you want to upload media from your game all you have to do is go to gametrack and save the replay. Then go to reelmaker and upload it to 2ksports.com, and if you're GT is linked it'll show up under your profile. Once there, on the right you can "attach" the file to our league and under that there's a drop down menu to select the game.

I uploaded 2 highlights from our game and didn't take long at all. Pretty cool all the crap they've done with the online part of leagues this year. Now if they could just fix some of the network problems we'd be good!

daw840

Cerrius said:

You too.

I scored 68 pts in the paint, 22 second chance points, and 18 fast break points. Is this against the rules? I know you said no more than 50 points in the paint.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
daw840 said:
You too.

I scored 68 pts in the paint, 22 second chance points, and 18 fast break points. Is this against the rules? I know you said no more than 50 points in the paint.

I have no clue. Smokey's wording is kind of weird.

I don't know if you subtract the second chance points from the PIP numbers or what. I wasn't really paying attention to that though since it was just an exhibition.

damn computer kept trying to sub my starters back in after I was leading by 30 in the 3rd quarter... had to switch off CPU substitutions :lol

Smokey

daw840 said:
You too.

68 - 22 = 46

You were fine by a whole 4 pts.

What did you guys think about sliders? I made some changes after CB3 and I played yesterday.

daw840

Smokey said:
68 - 22 = 46

You were fine by a whole 4 pts.

What did you guys think about sliders? I made some changes after CB3 and I played yesterday.

So fast break points don't count in the calculation?

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
Howdy.

I'll be around most of tomorrow if you want to get our game in. What's good for you?

My GT is BigAT4.
Sometime in the afternoon or after 9 pm est. I'll send you a PM whne i get a better idea.

DCX

heat, bulls, hawks, blazers, or cavs!

i will be around today (but probably not tonight!), hit me up if you want to roll and kick my ass (i haven't played this game in probably 2 weeks)

Smokey

Here is everyone's GT:

1. Smokey - Rockets -dboythagr8
  2. Shawn - Lakers - Professa Skillz
  3. CB3 - Bucks - Coldblooded33
  4. AirBrian - Bulls - AirBrian
  5. pheeniks - Suns - pheeniks
  6. GCQuinton - Bobcats -Wsv771
  7. Truelize - Cavs - Truelize
  8. DCX - Knicks - dcx gaf
  9. MrBob - Hornets - MrBob
  10. Cerrius - Heat - Cerrius
  11. Ramirez Sixers - TJ Ramirez
  12. daw840 Nuggets - darkQberto
  13. Dmczaf Magic - dmczaf
  14. anachronous_one Pistons -anachronous one
  15. FMT Mavs - frenchmov
  16. Cloudy - Nets - cloud2k
  17. kirbybreezy Blazers - fivering
  18. DiddyBop Clippers - ussjme
  19. BigAT Raptors - bigat4
  20. viakado Hawks - viakado
  21. Hunter D Spurs - charsace
  22. ecnal Jazz - slashdc5

Again make sure when you play that the home team is the team that initiates the challenge.

Yo Viakado, we need to reverse our trade we made yesterday. Unfortunately this POS game doesn't save lineups. What that means is that no matter what I try, Kobe is stuck at PG and Vlade Radmanovic is stuck on reserve (he was supposed to be my starting PF...) etc.

Top Bottom