• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

daw840

Soooooo......the DVD drive on my 360 crapped out. And wouldn't you know it, MS won't cover it under warranty. Fucktards. I will be buying an elite in the next couple of days though.

Smokey

Alright guys...league has been created.

Make sure you sign up here and link your GT:

http://community.2ksports.com/community/index.cfm

Once you do that..under your profile it should tell you what leagues you are in and when you click the link it will take you to our league web page.

http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/index.cfm?l=11080

So it's launched. I'll be posting the schedule here in a few. I am about to create the divisions and conferences. I'll also post the rules and the whole bag so stay tuned.

Smokey

pheeniks said:
I'm kinda confused about "linking" the GT...not sure, the site isn't clear to me
nvm, got it

that appears to be the name of the game with 2k9...confuse your customers..

anyway i'm creating the conferences and divisions.

DMczaf

ei9wg4.png

WTF Konex

Smokey

Alright I've created the divisions and conferences. Because we only have 22 people, in each conference there are 3 divisions. There is one division in each conference that only has 3 teams due to the odd number of teams in each conference.

--

Platinum Conference

Halo
Blazers
Bulls
Bucks
Hornets

Call of Duty
Bobcats
Pistons
Magic

Gears
76ers
Lakers
Suns
Raptors

Gold Conference

God of War
Heat
Cavs
Clippers
Nets

Socom
Rockets
Nuggets
Jazz
Knicks

Ratchet
Hawks
Spurs
Mavs

WHEN YOU PLAY MAKE SURE THE HOME TEAM INITIATES THE CHALLENGE

I'll post the rules tomorrow.

daw840

Wow, I can't believe you used Socom for my division. I had TOTALLY forgotten about that game. I have wasted more hours playing that game than I even want to count.:lol :lol :lol

Smokey

CB3 and I played the first league game..and the sliders are going to have to get changed specifically the 3 pt slider. I sat there and watched as he had 3 WIDE open consecutive 3 pts that were bricks..not to mention Michael Redd only hit 1 3 the entire time and I had the same troubles on my side.

Also...when you try and play a league game you have to make sure the you have the default rosters loaded b/c apparently that's what the league is on. I DL'd new rosters and when I tried to play CB3 my game would freeze consistently when trying to enter the league because of the difference in rosters. Pretty stupid as I'm missing Dorsey on my squad. The only way to fix this would be to delete the league and re-create it and resend invites etc.

Smokey

Admin

Smokey (dboythagr8)

Co-Admins

Shawn (Professa Skillz)
Truelize (Truelize)
CB3 (Coldblooded33)

IMPORTANT LINKS

http://community.2ksports.com/community/index.cfm
GT = NBA2k9 GAF Leag

SETTINGS

Hall of Fame difficulty
8 Min quarters
30 game season
16 team playoff
Best of 7 playoffs
3-4 day interval to play your game

RULES

This isn't NBA JAM 09...this is a SIM league. You don't have to run plays if you don't want to but this isn't the place for cheese. You can get that in plenty doses by playing randoms online.

With that..there are some guidelines.

-50 points in paint is MAX for a game. This DOES NOT include fast break points or second chance points. This is plenty. Now that 2K9 actually has a mid-range game this really shouldn't be too much of an issue.

-Be realistic w/ your subs. No putting a PG at the 3 spot or a C at the 3 spot. Common sense stuff. Now there are multiple guys in the NBA who are versatile (Lebron etc) but again...use common sense.

-Home team can shake the camera while at the FT line. One of the strengths of playing at home.

-No trapping outside of paint.

MISCELLANEOUS

-Trades are enabled until the 15th game. You are the GM of your team you do what you think you gotta do to win the GAF championship. Magical things can happen if you can pull of the right trades.

-Although this is not a requirement..try and play manual defense. It's much more fun when you and your opponent are actually guarding each other rather than letting the CPU do it...

-Blowouts can and probably will happen...HOWEVER it is not necessary to keep your starters in when you have a 20+ lead.

I encourage everybody to visit our league page often. You will have to link your 360 GT by signing up with 2K. They really have done a nice job with it this year. You can view EVERYTHING. Tendencies of your opponent are available at your fingertips. Wondering if you're gonna get the wrong end of a trade...Use the new trade analyzer which will show you a variety of bar graphs illustrating which team has the advantage in the trade.

Other features on our website:

-Edit your teams lineup
-Check out league videos that have been uploaded
-Check team stats, player stats, league leaders, standings, records etc.
-Propose trades and accept or deny them
-check your team schedule
-Click teams at the top and when you choose a team look at their starting lineup, division standing, where they rank in the league, stats, team leaders, latest trades, team videos they've uploaded, where they like to shoot from on the court..

It really is an extension of the league and you can access it anywhere you have a computer.

As mentioned earlier I will always make a post letting everybody know when the deadline is to get your game played. If I don't one of the co-admins will so it shouldn't be an issue.

PLAY YOUR GAMES!

This is as close as you can get to playing franchise mode with other people. Playing in the GAF NBA2K leagues has been some of the most fun I've had online. The drive to get to the playoffs is exciting and competitive and once you get in the playoffs it's even better!

We all realize 2K has screwed up the online portion of 2k9 so we'll try and deal with it as best as we can while they are working on the patch. So if there's any problems with the games not connecting just let me or one of the co-admins know. Not like we can do too much...just let somebody know.

That's all I got.

Deadline for GAME 1 is NOV 4 (tuesday)
MAKE SURE HOME TEAM INITIATES CHALLENGE OTHERWISE GAME WILL NOT BE RECORDED

Diddybop, I added you...when can you play?

Also, I know you shouldn't double outside the paint, but sometimes the AI will do it even though you didn't ask for it. Just pointing it out.

Mrbob

Looks like I got the Jazz in game one, when do you want to give me my beating?

Also, how do you shake the camera for free throws? I didn't even know about this feature! :lol

2-28 season here we go!

AirBrian

Mrbob said:
Looks like I got the Jazz in game one, when do you want to give me my beating?

Also, how do you shake the camera for free throws? I didn't even know about this feature! :lol

2-28 season here we go!
The left and right triggers.

Also, I would just like to emphasize this rule:

-Home team can shake the camera while at the FT line. One of the strengths of playing at home.

That means NO visiting teams! There were a few times last year where I was the home team and the other player shook the camera. >:|

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Smokey said:
CB3 and I played the first league game..and the sliders are going to have to get changed specifically the 3 pt slider. I sat there and watched as he had 3 WIDE open consecutive 3 pts that were bricks..not to mention Michael Redd only hit 1 3 the entire time and I had the same troubles on my side.

didn't pheeniks point this out weeks ago?

le sigh.

Charlotte when can you play?

AirBrian

Smokey, it looks like you're in the Halo Division on the 2K website. Is that right?

And FMT, when do you want to roll? I can't tomorrow night (Hook'em Horns!) or during the Bears' game on Sunday, but other than that I'm pretty open this weekend.

Smokey

Cerrius said:
didn't pheeniks point this out weeks ago?

le sigh.

Charlotte when can you play?

Yeap, but I haven't played in about 2 weeks and forgot about it until CB3 and I played.

AirBrian said:
The left and right triggers.

Also, I would just like to emphasize this rule:

That means NO visiting teams! There were a few times last year where I was the home team and the other player shook the camera. >:|

You can't do it this year anyway if you're the visiting team. They took it out so only the home team can do it.

AirBrian said:
Smokey, it looks like you're in the Halo Division on the 2K website. Is that right?

And FMT, when do you want to roll? I can't tomorrow night (Hook'em Horns!) or during the Bears' game on Sunday, but other than that I'm pretty open this weekend.

No I shouldn't be in the Halo division..it looks like it moved things around..I should be in the Socom division. But I fixed it so it's back to normal.

Here is GAME 1 Schedule:

Bucks v. Rockets
Magic v. Nets
Lakers v. Pistons
Knicks v. Raptors
Bulls v. Mavericks
Jazz v. Hornets
Heat v. Bobcats
Suns v. Clippers
Cavs v. Spurs
Nuggets v. Blazers
Hawks v. 76ers

Everybody and their team is listed in the OP if you need to know who you play and who to get into contact with.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
viakado said:
deal!
i want a second player as well. i want either luke or sasha for another one of my players.
4player blockbuster deal!
Wow, JJ and Kobe on the same team?? No "no trade" lists in this league, huh?
Mostly bitter because I have to play the Lakers in my first game.

Shawnwhann said:
When can you roll Anchronious One?
BEFORE THAT DEAL GOES THROUGH! ^^^ ;)

Most nights after 8pm Eastern. Tonight might be a little difficult to get on that early. It might be more like 11pm. Otherwise, Sat/Sun night I should be on after 9pm Eastern.

Pregnant wife, young kids, etc. :)

viakado said:
deal!
i want a second player as well. i want either luke or sasha for another one of my players.
4player blockbuster deal!

Hmmm... how about adding in Luke Walton and Maurice Evans? I'm pretty loaded everywhere else....

anachronous_one said:
im severely small to compete with bigger teams, i'll almost have to play scramble and help defense to compete.

Shawnwhann said:
Hmmm... how about adding in Luke Walton and Maurice Evans? I'm pretty loaded everywhere else....
anyone else than maurice? if you take JJ and Maurice, i wont have any more SG.
maybe one of my other SF?

Shawnwhann said:
Is Marvin Williams a SF or PF? I'd take Pachulia too
williams is a tweener sf/pf. great defender and great finisher, but his mid-range is weak.
how bout this, if its for williams then, i want luke, if for pachulia, that puts me back to square one in terms of bigs, but if for him then i want sasha.
is that fair?

viakado said:
williams is a tweener sf/pf. great defender and great finisher, but his mid-range is weak.
how bout this, if its for williams then, i want luke, if for pachulia, that puts me back to square one in terms of bigs, but if for him then i want sasha.
is that fair?

So Bynum/Luke for Johnson/Williams?

Alright I'll reluctantly bite, Johnson better be good...

viakado said:
yeah, he's my #1 option! imagine having kobe/JJ backcourt? :eek:

so how do we pull the trigger?

If you are home, offer me the trade in the league dashboard in the actual and I'll accept it via the website.

Or we can conclude this evening.

Smokey said:
Shawn already tryin to hustle:lol

viakado you can propose the trade through the league website as well.

It's a fairly even trade according to 2K's trade analyzer thing. I plan on winning this year from fast break offense and dropping bombs from the perimeter; Gasol is a big more suited to help with that.

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
It's a fairly even trade according to 2K's trade analyzer thing. I plan on winning this year from fast break offense and dropping bombs from the perimeter; Gasol is a big more suited to help with that.

The 2k trade analyzer is awesome. I'm glad they put that in there.

After doing more digging on the league website, scheduling appears to be done differently this year.

Our season is 30 games long. It's broken down into 5 rounds per week (6 weeks) for a total of 30 games.

So for instance round 1 of week one I play the Bucks. Round 2 of week one I play the Magic, round 3 the Lakers etc. So it appears to me that you don't necessarily have to play the rounds in any order and then I'd advance the league after all of the games in week 1 have been played.

If that's the case..then I'll change the deadline to next Saturday Nov 8 for our week one games to be played. That's 5 games. If they get finished before then, then I'll go ahead and advance it.

viakado said:
trade accepted!
so what next? will the changes occur automatically? or will we have to change it manually?

Do it automatically.

i want to make a trade too

any trade

i say we have no trading rules anyways. i know the game is sim, but so is messing around with lineups!

pheeniks said:
i want to make a trade too

any trade

i say we have no trading rules anyways. i know the game is sim, but so is messing around with lineups!

Stay tuned, JJ may be back on the market if him and the sliders don't agree :lol

anachronous_one said:

BEFORE THAT DEAL GOES THROUGH! ^^^ ;)

Most nights after 8pm Eastern. Tonight might be a little difficult to get on that early. It might be more like 11pm. Otherwise, Sat/Sun night I should be on after 9pm Eastern.

Pregnant wife, young kids, etc. :)

Cool. Let's shoot for the weekend.

daw840

Well, as Murphy's law would dictate, as soon as this league gets started my DVD drive crapped out on my 360. What happens if I can't play the game by tuesday? I will be buying a new one most likely before tuesday, but I can't guarantee that. My BB credit card will probably entice me to just go ahead and do it, but I haven't decided yet.

daw840

viakado said:
do it, or else another baby will die at the hands of obama.

btw, ramirez, im open to play tonight or tomorrow.

Hmmmmm, that is a good idea. Do this before Obama takes my money and gives it to poor people.........:lol

Smokey

daw840 said:
Well, as Murphy's law would dictate, as soon as this league gets started my DVD drive crapped out on my 360. What happens if I can't play the game by tuesday? I will be buying a new one most likely before tuesday, but I can't guarantee that. My BB credit card will probably entice me to just go ahead and do it, but I haven't decided yet.

You might have missed my post earlier:

After doing more digging on the league website, scheduling appears to be done differently this year.

Our season is 30 games long. It's broken down into 5 rounds per week (6 weeks) for a total of 30 games.

So for instance round 1 of week one I play the Bucks. Round 2 of week one I play the Magic, round 3 the Lakers etc. So it appears to me that you don't necessarily have to play the rounds in any order and then I'd advance the league after all of the games in week 1 have been played.

If that's the case..then I'll change the deadline to next Saturday Nov 8 for our week one games to be played. That's 5 games. If they get finished before then, then I'll go ahead and advance it.

Top Bottom