• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Not sure how you do it on the 360 version this year.

PS3 version it's the L2/R2 buttons and left stick.It just takes practice,it's kinda hard to give any tips when I'm playing using a different controller.

It also depends on the player you are using.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Matrix said:
Sick, Matrix, siiiick.

Seeing that makes me realize how poor my IsoMotion skills are! :D

BTW, is anyone else having issues with PlayVision not working? From what I understand, it's supposed to replace "Run the Play" from 2K8, but I *rarely* see any play diagrams show up on the floor. Maybe for a couple seconds each quarter, if that, no matter what setting I try to use for that Feature.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
just got the game and am extremely disappointed to find that the triple threat is broken in the full version too :-(

wow, really shocked how unpolished they pushed this game out

Smokey

Matrix said:

How do you upload footage?

I think that's what's most frustrating for me so far. I'm used to the 2K view because it's easier for me to perform key isomotion moves and I feel really limited with the broadcast view. I'm having a hard time adjusting.

anachronous_one said:
Sick, Matrix, siiiick.

Seeing that makes me realize how poor my IsoMotion skills are! :D

BTW, is anyone else having issues with PlayVision not working? From what I understand, it's supposed to replace "Run the Play" from 2K8, but I *rarely* see any play diagrams show up on the floor. Maybe for a couple seconds each quarter, if that, no matter what setting I try to use for that Feature.

Everytime I enable PlayVision it works.

Cerrius said:
just got the game and am extremely disappointed to find that the triple threat is broken in the full version too :-(

wow, really shocked how unpolished they pushed this game out

Yeah :/

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Ramirez said:
How in the world do you use Isomotion? I can't figure it out, too lazy to look in the book. :lol
I dont think its in the book this year either. Go to practice mode.

AirBrian

vumpler said:
I dont think its in the book this year either. Go to practice mode.
I don't think it was in the book last year either. 2K7 is when it first appeared, right? That's the last time it's in the manual.

strikeselect

you guys dont know what the triple threat position is?

jab step, shot fake, protect ball, etc.? press left trigger and right trigger at the same time to activate it.

casual players won't notice that you can't shoot the ball directly after you jab step. this was one of my favorite go-to moves in 2K8 but they borked it in 2K9

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
AirBrian said:
I don't think it was in the book last year either. 2K7 is when it first appeared, right? That's the last time it's in the manual.
At least though this year they have it ingame. They teach you over 20 iso moves in the practice tutorial mode :D

Helped me a lot.

you guys dont know what the triple threat position is?

jab step, shot fake, protect ball, etc.? press left trigger and right trigger at the same time to activate it.

casual players won't notice that you can't shoot the ball directly after you jab step. this was one of my favorite go-to moves in 2K8 but they borked it in 2K9

i.... don't get it.

can you guys possibly put me and daw in the same division? i have a feeling we'll have some competitive games! some horribly competitive games...

AirBrian

I too don't know what this isomotion and triple threat that you guys speak of is. If we do divisions, I'd like to be in FMT and daw's too! :D

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i.... don't get it.

can you guys possibly put me and daw in the same division? i have a feeling we'll have some competitive games! some horribly competitive games...

45-47 FTMFW

Just to explain what triple threat actually means, it refers to facing up to the basket after receiving a pass so you can shoot, pass, or dribble (TRIPLE~).

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i.... don't get it.

Triple thread position is when you have the ball and haven't used your dribble. You're in position to shoot, drive by your man, or pass. You have 3 options hence the name triple threat.

Cloudy said:
Ok give me the Nets or Kings, Smokey..

Gotta pick up my copy at the apartment office tomorrow :p

Cool, I'll give you the Nets.

I will create the league in probably sometime tomorrow or Friday, and I'll PM you guys with the league password. I hope they're doing something to fix online play. I don't play against the CPU so I'm pretty frustrated right now so I hope they're working on something.

i played a little bit on the difficulty below hall of fame and got destroyed by the lakers. i don't know if they are just that good or if my defense with the mavs is horrible but they weren't missing shit. i think they maybe missed 2 shots the entire half. i only stayed within 15 at the half because i got some 2nd chance points but wtf!

obviously we'll be using sliders for the league, but also please ban trading! that ruined prior leagues as i recall!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
no keep trading!

and you have to mess with the sliders. they dont miss shit on anything above pro

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i played a little bit on the difficulty below hall of fame and got destroyed by the lakers. i don't know if they are just that good or if my defense with the mavs is horrible but they weren't missing shit. i think they maybe missed 2 shots the entire half. i only stayed within 15 at the half because i got some 2nd chance points but wtf!

obviously we'll be using sliders for the league, but also please ban trading! that ruined prior leagues as i recall!

nah i'll keep trading. it made it pretty interesting last season.

Smokey

daw840 said:
So we're using the online leagues right? Not leaguedaddy.

yes

viakado said:
this is frustrating, i haven't been able to play a friend in player match yet. when are they gonna fix this shit?

It's somewhat fixed. True and I just played 2 games in a row.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:

With the trade rules we use it's actually been really cool to have trades.

Don't worry. Have faith.

Yeah Smokey and I played a couple of games tonight and they both ran really smooth. Good times.

CB3

does anyone wanna try out the online team play tomorrow? im curious to see how it works. ill be around pretty much all day tomorrow if we can get some people

CB3 said:
does anyone wanna try out the online team play tomorrow? im curious to see how it works. ill be around pretty much all day tomorrow if we can get some people

definitely. just fire me a message on aim

i assume you'll want to use lakers...

Fifty

Not that many people care, but since FMT asked me in the Madden thread and some others have asked me on AIM.. I'm sitting out this season, and probably all this year. I've been involved in most seasons (except for the last few) and even commished a couple..so this is tough, but I just won't have the time. I'm in the Madden league for the long term, and I made a commitment to the FIFA league.

Anyway, good luck guys and have a great league.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What you do Fifty is finish this shitty season of Madden and trade it/sell it towards 2k9 when the time comes =D

Smokey,to upload a vid you need to setup a account/link your gamertag at 2ksports.com and then in the features mode after you have saved a replay during a game go into the 2k reelmaker and you can upload from there.

CB3 said:
im down tonight. anytime past 8pm pst is good for me.
my aim is viakado.

Smokey

CB3 said:

I'm down to try it. Just shoot me an invite.

Matrix said:
What you do Fifty is finish this shitty season of Madden and trade it/sell it towards 2k9 when the time comes =D

Smokey,to upload a vid you need to setup a account/link your gamertag at 2ksports.com and then in the features mode after you have saved a replay during a game go into the 2k reelmaker and you can upload from there.

Nice, I imagine this feature will be getting a lot of play this season. It will by me at least:D

Here is the list of teams:

1. Smokey - Rockets -check
  2. Shawn - Lakers (clippers/raptors)
  3. CB3 - Lakers (bucks) - check
  4. AKA - Celtics -check
  5. AirBrian - Bulls
  6. pheeniks - Heat - check
  7. GCQuinton - Bobcats
  8. Truelize - Cavs - check
  9. DCX - Knicks - check
  10. MrBob - Hornets - check
  11. Cerrius - Heat/Suns - check
  12. Ramirez Sixers - check
  13. daw840 Nuggets
  14. Dmczaf Magic
  15. anachronous_one Pistons
  16. FMT Mavs
  17. Cloudy - Nets
  18. Malley(?) - Jazz
  19. kirbybreezy Blazers
  20. DiddyBop Warriors - check
  21. BigAT Raptors - check
  22. viakado Hawks - check

If you have the game let me know that you do so I can keep this updated and put a check by your name.

BigAT

I have it as well. Definitely need to get some serious time in with it before the season gets going. Although I'm glad to see there are several others that are just as worried they're going to get killed.

strikeselect

5 on 5 team play is laggy as hell, it was a freakin slideshow. ugh

btw Just for the record, me and pheeniks are playin a best of 3 series for rights to the Heat.

I won the first game last night.

CB3

i narrowed it down to just the bucks if i lose against shawn. so they wizards can be open to anyone

Top Bottom