• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

AirBrian

2K servers are still down. :|

I'll be around most of the day tomorrow except during the Bears' game (12-3 PM CST).

Miami Heat
Cleveland Cavaliers
Atlanta Hawks
Portland Blazers
Los Angeles Clippers

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
pheeniks said:
cerrius wtf how dare you trade mourning away! riley would shoot you

I'm desperate :-(

AirBrian said:
2K servers are still down. :|

I'll be around most of the day tomorrow except during the Bears' game (12-3 PM CST).

Miami Heat
Cleveland Cavaliers
Atlanta Hawks
Portland Blazers
Los Angeles Clippers

I'll be around tomorrow as well except during the Heat game (1PM - 3PMish)

strikeselect

wtf it looks like james jones isn't injured on my roster anymore.

oh 2k :lol

james jones in one corner and vujacic in the other though? I like.

edit: nevermind it's just glitched. it shows his normal rating but he still plays like he's injured.

daw840

@ Orlando Magic
@ New York Knicks
@ Utah Jazz
@ Phoenix Suns
Houston Rockets

Alright, now that the servers are back up, does anyone want to get one of these games done? I will be available after the first round of NFL games, so at like 1:30 PST.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hey Cerrius I am home and available to game real quick. Just gotta eat a bit. I'll be online by 3:15 mtn.

You can hit me on AIM or Live.

Smokey

Truelize said:
Hey Cerrius I am home and available to game real quick. Just gotta eat a bit. I'll be online by 3:15 mtn.

You can hit me on AIM or Live.

Well when can we play..I've been trying to get a game in for like the past 8 days.

And just a reminder week 2 deadline is Friday Nov 21

AirBrian

gg, Cerrius! Beasley is just nasty. That lag sucked though. :-(

viakado said:
hawks here.
bulls and cavaliers are my last two. if you're around today, hit me up.
I'll be on later this evening, will you? Say, around 7ish (CST)?

And True, we need a game too!

Smokey

Just FYI for some teams on the website when you check the standings the overall w/l record may be off (it's like this for 3-4 teams) but in NBA2K9 itself everything is correct.

daw840

I don't know if I can take anymore of these 3-4 point losses. I just want to settle down with a bottle of Jack Daniels afterward and drown my tears......

daw840

@ Orlando Magic
@ New York Knicks
@ Utah Jazz
@ Phoenix Suns
Houston Rockets

Anyone else? I will be around all night. Just post here.

daw840 said:
I don't know if I can take anymore of these 3-4 point losses. I just want to settle down with a bottle of Jack Daniels afterward and drown my tears......
losing by 3-4 pt losses means you need a defensive big. it'll make your life a whole lot easier.

Smokey

2 things regarding this issue:

1.) points in paint...

limit is 50.

Five - Zero

That is PLENTY.

2.) If you have a center who can score obviously this is different as the paint is their domain...but there should be NO reason 1/2 or 3/4 of your shots with a guard are in the paint. PMs are starting to flow..and this is my 2nd time bringing this up.

It's very very easy to check the 2K website and see how many points were scored in paint...the shot chart of your team for the game...the shot chart for individual players...it's all there for me to look at.

Play ball there is a mid-range game in 2K. Use it. Mix it up do something.

I'm not dropping names and there's no need to when all the info is on the website. The whole point of playing in a league is to get away from the crap that plagues playing against randoms, and to play w/ people you know.

daw840

Smokey said:
2 things regarding this issue:

1.) points in paint...

limit is 50.

Five - Zero

That is PLENTY.

2.) If you have a center who can score obviously this is different as the paint is their domain...but there should be NO reason 1/2 or 3/4 of your shots with a guard are in the paint. PMs are starting to flow..and this is my 2nd time bringing this up.

It's very very easy to check the 2K website and see how many points were scored in paint...the shot chart of your team for the game...the shot chart for individual players...it's all there for me to look at.

Play ball there is a mid-range game in 2K. Use it. Mix it up do something.

I'm not dropping names and there's no need to when all the info is on the website. The whole point of playing in a league is to get away from the crap that plagues playing against randoms, and to play w/ people you know.

My only problem with the stats on the 2k page is it doesn't seem to list second chance points. I scored 62 in the paint but I had like 16 second chance points.

points in the paint=50 minus 2nd chance points right?
i don't think i've ever passed that.
in any case, i shot myself in the foot. i've geared my team towards defense. and only have redd and lue as my only viable 3pt threat.

i passed 50 once but we went to overtime and i had a shit load of fastbreak points and second chancers.

i usually don't come close too. i'm going to give amare/shaq the ball more cause im tired of seeing matt barnes throw up bricks :(

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Trailblazers
Clippers
@Nets

I'm the Pistons. Any of you guys around to play our games and get them out of the way? I'm ready!

EDIT: I probably won't be watching this thread much longer, but I plan on being online, just playing through the Gears 2 campaign, so hit me with a XBL msg, and we'll get some run.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius said:
Smokey if you're going to enforce this "1/2 points for a guard can't be in the paint" rule then maybe you should set the example.

I can pull up your last game and see 14 of McGrady's 22 points are in the paint.

I understand Truelize was frustrated that he couldn't stop Wade from slashing to the rim but it's ridiculous that one of the best slashers in the NBA can't attack the rim because of some arbitrary "etiquette" rule.

edit: His inside defense has been the weakest I've played against so far, so why can't I punish him? I played well within the 50 PIP limit.

Whoa whoa there. Like I said in my pm, Smokey's post was before our game ended. I'm not mad about our game at all. I just think it would be better if the game was more balanced.

* note: Cerrius actually deleted me off his friends list because of Smokey's post. Smokey you need to jump in here and defend me.

I'm not the bad guy today. I usually am the whiner, yes I'm aware of that. But not today.

strikeselect

Truelize said:
Whoa whoa there. Like I said in my pm, Smokey's post was before our game ended. I'm not mad about our game at all. I just think it would be better if the game was more balanced.

* note: Cerrius actually deleted me off his friends list because of Smokey's post. Smokey you need to jump in here and defend me.

I'm not the bad guy today. I usually am the whiner, yes I'm aware of that. But not today.

I understand you were upset about Wade though which is why we had that back and forth after the game.

That being said, the whole notion that 1/2 a guard's points can't come in the paint is ridiculous when you have dominant slashers like Wade and LeBron (who plays guard at times).

I just checked down the list of games and most players in the league are scoring with guards IN THE PAINT the majority of the time.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius said:
I understand you were upset about Wade though which is why we had that back and forth after the game.

That being said, the whole notion that 1/2 a guard's points can't come in the paint is ridiculous when you have dominant slashers like Wade and LeBron (who plays guard at times).

I just checked down the list of games and most players in the league are scoring with guards IN THE PAINT the majority of the time.

They are. But you actually didn't even take more than 4 shots outside the paint with Wade. That's why I was talking to you. And if you go back I was never rude or accusing. Like I said before, it would be cool if you played a more balanced game. You are one of the top 3 players in the league IMO and if I can stay with you I'm happy.

strikeselect

Truelize said:
They are. But you actually didn't even take more than 4 shots outside the paint with Wade. That's why I was talking to you. And if you go back I was never rude or accusing. Like I said before, it would be cool if you played a more balanced game. You are one of the top 3 players in the league IMO and if I can stay with you I'm happy.

and that's fine, but when I see LeBron dunking over three of my guys in the lane I don't think "jumpshot".

I think of exploiting the defense and returning the favor :D

in your case, there was never a second guy to help out with Wade's penetration.

AirBrian

viakado said:
acie law injured in a breakaway layup.:lol
airbrian, you dirty..
Yeah, this game pisses me off something fierce. I have a break-away and your guy strips the ball from me as I go up. You have a break-away and I injure you. Sorry about that...hopefully it's not bad. Anyhow, gg.

So is league-wide 3-pointers down this year? I have Gordon and Hinrich wide f'n open and they can't hit dick. And earlier against Cerrius, he had his sharp-shooter open like 3 times in a row and missed 3 straight times. And then I airballed two shots with Nocioni. WTF. :lol

AirBrian said:
Yeah, this game pisses me off something fierce. I have a break-away and your guy strips the ball from me as I go up. You have a break-away and I injure you. Sorry about that...hopefully it's not bad. Anyhow, gg.

So is league-wide 3-pointers down this year? I have Gordon and Hinrich wide f'n open and they can't hit dick. And earlier against Cerrius, he had his sharp-shooter open like 3 times in a row and missed 3 straight times. And then I airballed two shots with Nocioni. WTF. :lol
i know. its a bit low imho. and offensive rebounding is too high too.

Smokey

Cerrius said:

You are correct.

The 1/2 a guards point deal is a stupid point and doesn't make sense you are correct.

But overall I'm just saying watch the PIP.

And my post was made before you and Truelize game even finished so my comment wasn't even directed at you. I've been getting PMs so I decided to make a general statement. Why are you upset at True? Has nothing to him complaining to me or w/e I just made a blanket statement.

And if you're talking about our game...Tracy had 43 and yeah 22 were PIP but look at the overall stat line. He was 4/5 from 3 pt etc...etc.. You can look at the shot chart if you'd like and see that I shot plenty of jumpers w/ him. Wade had 24/27 of his points in the paint:

http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/game.cfm?l=11080&g=977303

But yes the 1/2 point guard thing was a stupid choice of words and is not what I meant.

And true if he has the weakest interior D then of course you should attack him I'm not saying don't be dumb...just please watch the PIP.

Sorry if you took it as an attack on you that was not my intention, as I made my post before you and True finished your game.

strikeselect

Smokey said:
And my post was made before you and Truelize game even finished so my comment wasn't even directed at you. I've been getting PMs so I decided to make a general statement. Why are you upset at True? Has nothing to him complaining to me or w/e I just made a blanket statement.

I unfairly jumped to conclusions because in the past Truelize has been very very vocal whenever he's upset about something.

And if you're talking about our game...Tracy had 43 and yeah 22 were PIP but look at the overall stat line. He was 4/5 from 3 pt etc...etc.. You can look at the shot chart if you'd like and see that I shot plenty of jumpers w/ him:

Nah I wasn't talking about our game. I just took a look at your last game with pheeniks and saw McGrady had 14 of his 22 in the paint.

Glad you see the light on the "guard points in the paint" issue

Oh and THIS!!!!!!!!!!

AirBrian said:
So is league-wide 3-pointers down this year? I have Gordon and Hinrich wide f'n open and they can't hit dick. And earlier against Cerrius, he had his sharp-shooter open like 3 times in a row and missed 3 straight times. And then I airballed two shots with Nocioni. WTF

Raise 3pt shooting just 1 notch.

Smokey said:
You are correct.

The 1/2 a guards point deal is a stupid point and doesn't make sense you are correct.

But overall I'm just saying watch the PIP.

And if you're talking about our game...Tracy had 43 and yeah 22 were PIP but look at the overall stat line. He was 4/5 from 3 pt etc...etc.. You can look at the shot chart if you'd like and see that I shot plenty of jumpers w/ him. Wade had 24/27 of his points in the paint:

But yes the 1/2 point guard thing was a stupid choice of words and is not what I meant.

And true if he has the weakest interior D then of course you should attack him I'm not saying don't be dumb...just please watch the PIP.

Sorry if you took it as an attack on you that was not my intention, as I made my post before you and True finished your game.
fair enough. how about offensive rebounding? i can't be the only one bitching about the high offensive-rebounding.

Smokey

Cerrius said:
I unfairly jumped to conclusions because in the past Truelize has been very very vocal whenever he's upset about something.

Nah I wasn't talking about our game. I just took a look at your last game with pheeniks and saw McGrady had 14 of his 22 in the paint.

Glad you see the light on the "guard points in the paint" issue

Oh and THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Raise 3pt shooting just 1 notch.

The top 5 3pt shooting teams in our league:

1. Rockets - 38.3%
2. Heat - 35.8%
3 Suns - 33.9%
4 Mavs - 32.2%
5. Magic - 31%

Compared to 07-08 NBA Season 3pt team leaders

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/stati...n=2008&seasontype=2&avg=pg&order=true&split=0

So it's pretty realistic where it is...the top teams last year shot 39% from 3pt land.

It's just sometimes the game is weird. The slider is set on 48/50. Hell True and I just played and went a combined 5/30 from 3pt land.

He was 4/20 and I was 1/10 :/ :/

If I raised it a notch might as well put it back to 50 since it's at 48 now. When 2k9 first launched the ranked matches were set on pro and so like every 3 pt shot went in. Then they moved it up to superstar and they still go in but not as much.

Our league plays on HoF so the frequency of 3pt shots going in could naturally be lower...b/c we're playing on the highest difficulty anyway. So maybe changing the sliders like we did + playing on HoF together made the effects that much worse?

viakado said:
fair enough. how about offensive rebounding? i can't be the only one bitching about the high offensive-rebounding.

I lowered offensive rebounding from 50 to 35 sometime during week 1 and that doesn't seem to have done too much. May lower it again to maybe 20-25.

sometimes i drive to the paint in order to draw a foul. oh wait, i get hacked all the time and get no foul calls!

oh well, a 15 footer from mcgirk is almost like a layup for me :D

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sometimes i drive to the paint in order to draw a foul. oh wait, i get hacked all the time and get no foul calls!

oh well, a 15 footer from mcgirk is almost like a layup for me :D

Can't wait until Artest shuts him down...and then gives him a love tap on the face just because.

Top Bottom