• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Smokey

Hunter D said:
What's the point of approving it on the site?

There really isn't. Appears to be another thing 2k overlooked.

I want to play right now...but not against randoms...anybody available?

Smokey said:
There really isn't. Appears to be another thing 2k overlooked.

I want to play right now...but not against randoms...anybody available?

will you be around tonight around 10-10:30 CT? let's get our battle of the titans game in

daw840

@ Orlando Magic
@ New York Knicks
@ Utah Jazz
@ Phoenix Suns
Houston Rockets

I will be around for the rest of the day. If anyone wants to play, just post here.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
hey vidako

M.Bibby: 13-21, 35 points (6-9 3-PT) 4 Ast 2 Stl 2 Blk 0 TO

Gracias Por Favor

i looked at the rockets/heat boxscore cause i saw mcgrady's eruption

how is this possible?

Miami: 7 turnovers
Houston: 72 points off turnovers

was tmac getting 10 point plays? wtf

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
gg Smokey.

I knew it was going to be a tough game to win when you took an 8 - 4 lead in the first quarter off back to back Yao shots over 3 of my defenders :lol

and that Tmac cut to the basket play is ridiculously hard to stop since I can't double outside the paint.

ima have to go into the Heat playbook and look into something like that

Smokey

Cerrius said:
gg Smokey.

I knew it was going to be a tough game to win when you took an 8 - 4 lead in the first quarter off back to back Yao shots over 3 of my defenders :lol

and that Tmac cut to the basket play is ridiculously hard to stop since I can't double outside the paint.

ima have to go into the Heat playbook and look into something like that

Good game Cerrius

I'd say TMAC came to play

19-23 for a smooth 43 pts

That play can be stopped you just have to play the right defense for it and really that's not even a play designed for him..he's simply the first read..if nothing's there I'll let the play continue to develop.

I was happy I was able to hold Beasely to 9 pts because he is a fool in this game when he gets going. I figured Wade was gonna get his and he did but I really wanted to keep Beasely from going off.

Smokey said:
Good game Cerrius

I'd say TMAC came to play

19-23 for a smooth 43 pts

That play can be stopped you just have to play the right defense for it and really that's not even a play designed for him..he's simply the first read..if nothing's there I'll let the play continue to develop.

I was happy I was able to hold Beasely to 9 pts because he is a fool in this game when he gets going. I figured Wade was gonna get his and he did but I really wanted to keep Beasely from going off.

i can't wait to end your streak tonight ;)

strikeselect

ah crap, Im playing Portland now and James Jones is still injured from the game with Smokey..

Noooooooooooo

i didnt know injuries carry over wtf

Smokey

Cerrius said:
ah crap, Im playing Portland now and James Jones is still injured from the game with Smokey..

Noooooooooooo

i didnt know injuries carry over wtf

Shouldn't of tried to foul TMAC on his layup! That's payback son!

Oh and just FYI I've been in contact with the 2k dev via PM over at 2ksports.com about the wins/loss not registering on the site. She said a fix went live for this yesterday, however that still doesn't explain why the Spurs and Raptors records are not aligning w/ the games played.

I've talked to this same person since the game has launched, and at times I feel like a test dummy :(

strikeselect

Smokey said:
Shouldn't of tried to foul TMAC on his layup! That's payback son!

How do I know when I get him back?

I checked his player profile and it says "twisted ankle: 4320 games"

WTF

Smokey

Cerrius said:
How do I know when I get him back?

I checked his player profile and it says "twisted ankle: 4320 games"

WTF

:lol

Looks like he's done for the season homey. I mean you could still play him...but his stats will be drastically reduced.

strikeselect

Smokey said:
:lol

Looks like he's done for the season homey. I mean you could still play him...but his stats will be drastically reduced.

I know I can still play him, he was hobbling around with a 65 rating in our game but he couldn't make a shot to save his life after the injury :lol

Threw my offensive game completely off against you and I barely won by 5 points against Portland.

ugh, this really sucks. My team is bad enough as it is with no good big man other than Zo and now I'm going to be without my best three point shooter to help space the floor for Wade and Beasley.

Smokey

Cerrius said:
I know I can still play him, he was hobbling around with a 65 rating in our game but he couldn't make a shot to save his life after the injury :lol

Threw my offensive game completely off against you and I barely won by 5 points against Portland.

ugh, this really sucks. My team is bad enough as it is with no good big man other than Zo and now I'm going to be without my best three point shooter to help space the floor for Wade and Beasley.

Where'd you see he was injured at?

Looks like he was a big help to your squad too...avg 17 ppg.

strikeselect

Smokey said:
Where'd you see he was injured at?

substitution screen.

anyone have a good 3pt shooter open for trade?

Everyone on my team is eligible for trade except Beasley and Wade.

daw840

The Record for Fouls in a game was tied
By: dboythaGr8 | Thursday November 13 2008
Today Brandon Roy tied the player league record for Fouls in a game with 6

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Exactly how does one go about getting 6 fouls in a game??!??

daw840

daw840 said:
@ Orlando Magic
@ New York Knicks
@ Utah Jazz
@ Phoenix Suns
Houston Rockets

I will be around for the rest of the day. If anyone wants to play, just post here.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius said:
substitution screen.

anyone have a good 3pt shooter open for trade?

Everyone on my team is eligible for trade except Beasley and Wade.

Sasha has a nice release.

Can someone take the Bobcats just so they can trade me Adam Morrison? :D

Smokey

Good game pheeniks...you played me tough.

I lost the 3rd quarter and I was getting pretty frustrated as nobody could hit a damn shot. It was Barry off the bench that made the difference for me he was 4/5 from 3 and hit some of em at some key points in the game. I couldn't get to the FT line either which was pissing me off.

Came through in the 4th though scoring 30 when it was sorely needed, but it was a good intense game.

But alas, I stay a top the unbeaten mountain:D !

next week mcgirk has his way with you smokester....

dirk_drunk2-500x375.jpg

AkaBalla

Cerrius, you still have Cook on your team?

Like Truelize said, Sasha is a good 3 point shooter.. You know the Vujacic..:D

Let me know

okay now that i've lost i'm looking for a three point shooter at the 3 position. or a big man that's not useless (see: robin lopez)

no one on my roster is untradeable, but if you're gonna take nash, snaq, stoudemire, or bell, it'll take a lot!

Top Bottom