• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

damn it, the more i see that game vs smokey the more pissed i get. i did everything right for three quarters, and then i completely choke the goddamn fourth

it was my first home game too. maybe i should go for roadcourt advantage

pheeniks said:
okay now that i've lost i'm looking for a three point shooter at the 3 position. or a big man that's not useless (see: robin lopez)

no one on my roster is untradeable, but if you're gonna take nash, snaq, stoudemire, or bell, it'll take a lot!
must.resist. ...actually im only interested in bell.

AkaBalla

pheeniks said:
okay now that i've lost i'm looking for a three point shooter at the 3 position. or a big man that's not useless (see: robin lopez)

no one on my roster is untradeable, but if you're gonna take nash, snaq, stoudemire, or bell, it'll take a lot!

What da hell, Could Shaq come back to LA? Kobe wants to win a championship again..

Sasha/Odom/Mbenga/Farmer/Marvin Williams/Ariza/Karl/Powell

are expandable..

This goes for others as well, if your interested in these players hit me up!

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
paul probably had gatorade logo too. learn to sub people out and have them fresh for the stretch run!

:lol

This is true BUT!

He had 4 out of 5 bars with like a minute left, and then the gatorade bar went on him for the inbounds pass with 4.5 seconds left in the game. :/ I'm learning to manually sub in the game now because when I set auto sub to fatigue the AI doesn't seem to do a good job of subbing out players.

Can I get some help with the NBA pros here. I still really don't know basketball that well, and am trying to learn my lineup. I know I should use Paul for slashing in the paint and kicking it out to my guys. Looking at Posey, should I use him mainly for short jumpers and in the paint? I don't know what I'm doing wrong with him but I'm airballing 10 foot shots with him at times. Also, with Peterson shouldn't he be my outside threat? He is set up as my shooting card. He also tends to miss not only a ton of 3 pointers, but also 15 foot jumpers too. Maybe I need to get my timing down? If I can get any tips I would appreciate it!

AkaBalla

Bob sorry about last night, as i didnt respond, i wasnt at the computer..

Whats ur availability like Saturday morning? I will be free from 11a-2p est..

Mrbob said:

This is true BUT!

He had 4 out of 5 bars with like a minute left, and then the gatorade bar went on him for the inbounds pass with 4.5 seconds left in the game. :/ I'm learning to manually sub in the game now because when I set auto sub to fatigue the AI doesn't seem to do a good job of subbing out players.

Can I get some help with the NBA pros here. I still really don't know basketball that well, and am trying to learn my lineup. I know I should use Paul for slashing in the paint and kicking it out to my guys. Looking at Posey, should I use him mainly for short jumpers and in the paint? I don't know what I'm doing wrong with him but I'm airballing 10 foot shots with him at times. Also, with Peterson shouldn't he be my outside threat? He is set up as my shooting card. He also tends to miss not only a ton of 3 pointers, but also 15 foot jumpers too. Maybe I need to get my timing down? If I can get any tips I would appreciate it!
go to practice mode and see if your releasing your shot too early or too late. if its not that, get peterson to the lane and make a couple of layups/dunks before raining down the 3's.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
AkaBalla said:
Cerrius, you still have Cook on your team?

Like Truelize said, Sasha is a good 3 point shooter.. You know the Vujacic..:D

Let me know

Yeah I have Cook on my team.

I would love to have Vujacic to space the floor for Wade and Beasley.

What do you want?

how about Marion/Cook/Zo for Odom/Sasha/Mbenga?

Smokey

Mrbob said:

This is true BUT!

Paul should be used for a little bit of everything. He's got a rating of 99. But he's very quick and is a good passer. As for Posey, he's a 3pt shooter. He should be on of your guys on the arc while you try and get something going with Paul. I'd be willing to bet that you're just releasing the shot too early or too late. Go to practice mode and get used to the timings of each player...that will make a big difference.

And about your subs the computer does fuck up sometimes and not sub when goes are dead tired. In 2K games I manually do EVERYTHING (subs, defensive assignments, pressure etc) because the A.I. doesn't always do what it's supposed to do, and if I'ma lose a game it's gonna be b/c of my mistakes and not because the A.I. didn't take out a player at the correct time.

CzarTim

I want a basketball game, should I get this or NCAA?

Edit: This may help: will you guys be doing another season after this, or not? If so I'll get 2k9, if not I'm more familiar with college hoops.

daw840

@ Orlando Magic
@ New York Knicks
@ Utah Jazz
@ Phoenix Suns
Houston Rockets

I am home, post here if you want to play. I would like to get at least one game in today!

daw840 said:
@ Orlando Magic
@ New York Knicks
@ Utah Jazz
@ Phoenix Suns
Houston Rockets

I am home, post here if you want to play. I would like to get at least one game in today!

I ought to be around later tonight..

daw840 said:
Do you know what time? I would like to get it in before the GF gets home.

I have recording stuff late till at least 9 PM CT...and after that things will be erratic. If not, we've got the weekend?

alright, all my week 2 games are done except for the clippers. but he hasn't played any of his week 2 games. i dont want it to come down to a coinflip if he doesn't show, i've tried to get the game in!

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
alright, all my week 2 games are done except for the clippers. but he hasn't played any of his week 2 games. i dont want it to come down to a coinflip if he doesn't show, i've tried to get the game in!

Thems the breaks! I tried getting in a game with ramirez for 3 days straight and then his system went out and I took the loss!

Be a man and take the coin flip!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
With James Jones out for the season and Heat GM Cerrius desperately looking for more 3pt shooting help to compliment Wade, a gigantic 8 player trade is in the making between the Heat and Lakers...

Pending the league commissioner's approval the deal stands as:

Mario Chalmers
Alonzo Mourning
Shawn Marion
Daequan Cook

for

Jordan Farmar
Sasha Vujacic
Lamar Odom
DJ Mbenga

Smokey

All trades have been approved: