• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

daw840

pheeniks said:
can you game at 10-10:30 CT? I just got up from my nap (long day) but I really have some things to do before I can play.

Yeah man, works for me. I will see you online in ~2 hours.

Smokey

Is anybody playing right now or about to play?

If not I'd like to scrimmage against somebody with some slider adjustments to see how they work.

Smokey said:
Is anybody playing right now or about to play?

If not I'd like to scrimmage against somebody with some slider adjustments to see how they work.
i'll play smokey. althought i hate playing against you.:lol
what did you tweak btw?

daw840

viakado said:
smith is a beast dunking in traffic. he'll dunk on anyone. giving up smith for just bell is robbery.

See that's my problem. I already use every PIP that I can on every game. I need a better outside threat. Iverson is OK on the long range jumper, but he is just too short and gets blocked all the fucking time. I have Carmelo, Nene, Smith, and Anderson, all of them are PIP players with the exception of JR Smith.

Smokey

viakado said:
i'll play smokey. althought i hate playing against you.:lol
what did you tweak btw?

Haven't tweaked anything yet, but I'm going to tweak def rebounds, off rebounds, and 3pt shooting.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
viakado said:
fuck you, alright?

throw in bibby and a big and i might bite.
lol.

Bibby is mine. you had him and gave him away. He doesnt wanna play for you guys now. And charlie V is a big. why would you want another? you already got bynum

CB3 said:
lol.

Bibby is mine. you had him and gave him away. He doesnt wanna play for you guys now. And charlie V is a big. why would you want another? you already got bynum
because josh smith can and will dunk on anyone. he's easilly the easiest player to use. he's my prized horse. give me bibby and a big for josh.

edit: dunking in traffic>>>3pt chucker.

CB3

viakado said:
because josh smith can and will dunk on anyone. he's easilly the easiest player to use. he's my prized horse. give me bibby and a big for josh.

edit: dunking in traffic>>>3pt chucker.

Bibby's mine homie. You can have Charlie V and Ramon Sessions

CB3 said:
Bibby's mine homie. You can have Charlie V and Ramon Sessions
hell no. josh smith is the only player on my team that can dunk on anyone..ANYONE.
i analyzed smith for amare trade. even smith has a more desirable rating for a big than amare.:lol

Viakado, I'll think about having Shaq in the deal. It's just kinda hard cause with Shaq in their my defense becomes so much better...

:lol

I know Shaq and defense don't go together but in this game they do!

okay got it

how does shaq/bell for smith/bowen sound?

CB3

viakado said:
hell no. josh smith is the only player on my team that can dunk on anyone..ANYONE.
i analyzed smith for amare trade. even smith has a more desirable rating for a big than amare.:lol

id take amare over josh smith any day regardless of ranking. you can have Charlie V and another player not named Richard Jefferson, Mike Bibby, or Andrew Bogut, even though he sucks balls

pheeniks said:
Viakado, I'll think about having Shaq in the deal. It's just kinda hard cause with Shaq in their my defense becomes so much better...

:lol

I know Shaq and defense don't go together but in this game they do!

okay got it

how does shaq/bell for smith/bowen sound?
better make it shaq/barbosa

you just got robbed blind[/QUOTE]

nah

daw, how does 10:15 CT sound?

New suns starting lineup:
nash
redd
bowen
smith
stoudemire

STARTING LINEUP ALL OVER MY FACE

also, is anyone against me using smith at C at times? this will be my cat quick lineup
aka cheesing
, won't be used often

daw840

pheeniks said:
you just got robbed blind

nah

daw, how does 10:15 CT sound?

New suns starting lineup:
nash
redd
bowen
smith
stoudemire

STARTING LINEUP ALL OVER MY FACE

also, is anyone against me using smith at C at times? this will be my cat quick lineup
aka cheesing
, won't be used often[/QUOTE]

Works for me. Will see you then.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
pheeniks team is a cheeser's dream come true, good lord :lol

viakado, what have you done?! you've created a monster!!

Smokey

The city of Houston is proud to welcome the newest Houston Rocket...
Allen_Iverson.jpg

Fear me

viakado said:
you just got robbed blind
i hate you.

btw: pheeniks, approve the trade ingame. let's do a scrimmage.[/QUOTE]

we'll scrim later hopefully. gotta beat up daw first!

now leave me alone and let me do my work, i'll b back at 1015 :lol

Cerrius said:
pheeniks team is a cheeser's dream come true, good lord :lol

viakado, what have you done?! you've created a monster!!
i know. :(
but having shaq and big sexy in the middle at the same time while having barbosa and bell in the perimeter??
that's sex.

CB3

i hate this game.

3 things that should never happen:

Chris Paul blocking Richard Jefferson on a breakaway DUNK
Tyson Chandler baby hooking like 10 feet away form the basket (with gatorade symbol)
Peja Blocking anyone

i can deal with 3 point shots made with hands right in the face because i guess it happens on occasion in the nba but some of this shit is ridiculous.

Rebounding manually puts you OUT of position 75% of the time. so i feel like im penalized for actually trying to do things instead of the computer. I got outrebounded this last game by like 6 but it should have been more because i got some garbage time rebounds with like 3 mintues to go.

what makes it worse is that despite all that im still in games near the end. even with shitty gameplay and an AWFUL team.

i have half a mind to dump this off on gamerush tomorrow. ill sleep on the decision though

Smokey

Cerrius said:
awww hell nah

as if the rockets weren't stacked enough

Big 3? What? How about Big 4:

1. Alston
2. Iverson.
3. TMAC
4. Artest
5. Yao

Fear Me

CB3 chill out I'm going to make some adjustments to sliders for week 3. I disagree w/ you on manual rebounding btw.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
so now 2 super elite teams got even better :lol

Rockets have AI, mcgrady, artest, yao

Suns have Nash,Smith,Amare,Bowen,Redd

freakin ridiculous

maybe True's idea of an untradeable list wasn't so bad after all :-\

Smokey

Cerrius said:
so now 2 super elite teams got even better :lol

Rockets have AI, mcgrady, artest, yao

Suns have Nash,Smith,Amare,Bowen,Redd

freakin ridiculous

maybe True's idea of an untradeable list wasn't so bad after all :-\

why you hatin

one elite team makes a move i cant just sit and not take action.

Smokey

Cerrius said:
im jealous :-(

im the worst team in the top 3 of the power rankings

Look on the bright side, look what you've been able to do with that roster.

I had the freakin Magic the past 3 seasons and was able to win 2 GAF championships in a row so hey...you never know.

Top Bottom