• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

viakado said:
go away. im done with you.
thanks for the trade, btw!

no, thank YOU. my team is all kinds of godly now, whether or not I lost last night

cause who gives a fuck it's only round 2!

Jazz/Sixers will you guys be around tonight?

pheeniks said:
no, thank YOU. my team is all kinds of godly now, whether or not I lost last night

cause who gives a fuck it's only round 2!
might as well just call you the cheesecake factory cuz all your gonna do is cheese.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey said:
Anybody that needs a speedy backup point guard I've got Aaron Brooks on the trade block.
Want Chauncey?
No, not really. While I'm all for trades, it seems pretty clear that there should've been a no-trade list set up. Some people can't resist some ridiculous tinkering, even if it means trading away people that have defined their franchise.

This holds true for this league as well as real life --- I'm looking at you, Dumars.

my two cents is just that the league is more fun with crazy ass trades. we all take the league seriously but it'd be so boring if we had pansy shit going down, but instead we have AI going to the rockets and fucking everyone else over...

just kidding. anyways, everyone plays this game differently and we're just all looking for our right pieces. we should have every right to trade who we want in order to help us win. viakado and coldblooded couldn't do shit with redd but since i'm so awesome i have revived him

viakado said:
whatever. the curse will kick in sooner or later.

you sent me the curse of bruce bowen, actually. in two games i took two corner threes with him and he didn't hit a single one, piece of shit.

AirBrian

Speaking of curses...

FMT, your 49ers got in trouble for inappropriate, insider talks with the Bears, and now Cuban, the owner of your Mavericks, has been charged with insider trading!

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
pheeniks said:
we should have every right to trade who we want in order to help us win.
I guess, but at what point should we have just had a fantasy draft and been done with it? I read that statement more as "we should have every right to take advantage of people who want to trade away their star players for mediocrity". I mean, unless I'm missing a running joke or something, I just saw viakado say that he wanted Mike Bibby --- a player that who was on his roster to being with.

Sorry to rant or step on people's toes --- it's not my intention to have anyone get hard feelings over this. It's just odd to see the moves being made ...

anachronous_one said:
I guess, but at what point should we have just had a fantasy draft and been done with it? I read that statement more as "we should have every right to take advantage of people who want to trade away their star players for mediocrity". I mean, unless I'm missing a running joke or something, I just saw viakado say that he wanted Mike Bibby --- a player that who was on his roster to being with.

Sorry to rant or step on people's toes --- it's not my intention to have anyone get hard feelings over this. It's just odd to see the moves being made ...
its a running joke. dont want him, bitch can't make a layup if his life depended on it.
being a manager and negotiating trades is part of the fun. should there be restrictions to trades, im open to that. but talking trades adds another level of fun to the 2k9 experience.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
viakado said:
its a running joke. dont want him, bitch can't make a layup if his life depended on it.
being a manager and negotiating trades is part of the fun. should there be restrictions to trades, im open to that. but talking trades adds another level of fun to the 2k9 experience.

2k9 has levels of fun?

daw840

Wow smokey, I don't think I have ever been beaten that badly. I couldn't hit SHIT. It was also lagging all over the place, I think that was fucking with my shot timing. Not that that's an excuse, you would have won anyway, I've just never lost a b-ball game by 40 points, EVER.

Smokey

daw840 said:
Wow smokey, I don't think I have ever been beaten that badly. I couldn't hit SHIT. It was also lagging all over the place, I think that was fucking with my shot timing. Not that that's an excuse, you would have won anyway, I've just never lost a b-ball game by 40 points, EVER.

Yeah I dunno what was with the stuttering. You see how many times we got to the foul line
a piece?! I was at 20 and you were at like 23.

And I wasn't trying to run up the score at all, I kept going because I'm still trying to get used to Iverson's quick shot release.

GG though

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Smokey said:
LETSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ARTEST!!!!!

:D :D

incredible game, Beasley's 52 points wasted :-(

I thought for sure we were going to double OT with Odom's putback + the foul

Rockets have too many damn weapons, I had no clue who you were going to on that final shot in overtime :lol

Smokey

Cerrius said:
incredible game, Beasley's 52 points wasted :-(

I thought for sure we were going to double OT with Odom's putback + the foul

Rockets have too many damn weapons, I had no clue who you were going to on that final shot in overtime :lol

I was waiting for a game like this I really was. I really wanted to see what would happen if this situation came up w/ this squad. Only way that game would've been any better was if it was an actual season game. I dunno what's up w/ the stuttering. A guy is coming out tomorrow to check my connection as I've been having some general issue so we'll see. I know it was kicking my ass on FT's which I usually make :(

Stat line

Rockets:

TMAC - 32 pts
Iverson- 23 pts
Alston - 19 pts
Yao - 14 pts
Artest - 9 pts (game winning 3 at buzzer in OT)

Heat:

Beasley - 52 pts
Wade - 18 pts
Odom - 13 pts

Beasley went off but when I put Artest on him in the 4th qtr that slowed him down a bit. If you noticed even though I've got A.I. now, it was still my man TMAC handling the show when game was on line..well except when he knocked down that jumpshot to send the game into OT!

I wish others could've seen this game.

ugh. yao, mcgrady, artest, iverson. that's disgusting.
btw, smokey. what are the changes are you gonna make for 3pt rating, offensive/defensive rebounding?

Smokey

pheeniks said:
52 points in 8 min quarter games? WTF someone double his ass :lol

hey brah I got this.

I'm pretty sure if I didn't put Artest on him in the 4th he probably would've had 60 somethin'.

but that's ALL RIGHT I got the dub!

viakado said:
ugh. yao, mcgrady, artest, iverson. that's disgusting.
btw, smokey. what are the changes are you gonna make for 3pt rating, offensive/defensive rebounding?

3pt rating will probably stay at 50. Only because 7/10 times if they are open and you time the release right it will go in..which is how it should be.

Def rebound is at 60 now
Off rebound is down to 30

This past game I got 8 O Reb's and Cerrius got 6 so it's down from before when I'd get like 12-14 a game.

Smokey

daw840 said:
Quick question. Will all of the rosters reset for season 2? Or is this like NCAA where you just continue?

Not sure how they handle it this year.

Last year it was just over and you had to start a new league, but it could be different in 2K9.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey said:
Not sure how they handle it this year.

Last year it was just over and you had to start a new league, but it could be different in 2K9.

doubt they changed it.

and if they did, it wont work right anyway.

Smokey

Sixers (TJ Ramirez)
Clippers (DiddyBop)
Spurs (Hunter D)

You all have yet to play 1 game for week 2. Many people have been trying to get a game in since last Wednesday.

We will be advancing to week 3 on Friday so................

Top Bottom