• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

AkaBalla

viakado said:
you dont need another small forward. if you get shaq, you can bump radman to the 3 spot making radman williams and trevor manning the 3.
we both win in this trade.

I love how Viakado is trying to be the GM of my team.. telling me which deals will help me and what wont..

:lol

Go away..

Thats like DCX telling me not to manually Offensive Rebound..:lol

Aka

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
I love how Viakado is trying to be the GM of my team.. telling me which deals will help me and what wont..

:lol

Go away..

Thats like DCX telling me not to manually Offensive Rebound.
.:lol

Aka
I never told you not to, i told you dont abuse it, if you're going to heckle do it right Mr Cheez!
:D

DCX

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
AkaBalla said:
Injuries reset in the morning..

LaLaLaLaLa :D

you sure man?

because james jones has his rating at normal now but when I used him awhile back he was still playing like he was injured. couldn't make a shot to save his life

a 91 rated 3pt shooter missing wide open threes.... something felt wrong.

maybe it was just me?

anyone want a scrim? im curious about this

AkaBalla said:
Thats like DCX telling me not to manually Offensive Rebound..:lol

Aka
wow. give the guy a credit. you can rebound effectively...in theory.:lol

btw, good game mr. cheeser aka pheeniks.
diesel +1
redd = curse.

AkaBalla

Cerrius said:
you sure man?

because james jones has his rating at normal now but when I used him awhile back he was still playing like he was injured. couldn't make a shot to save his life

a 91 rated 3pt shooter missing wide open threes.... something felt wrong.

maybe it was just me?

anyone want a scrim? im curious about this

His shot sucks.. Good luck

AkaBalla

viakado said:
wow. give the guy a credit. you can rebound effectively...in theory.:lol

btw, good game mr. cheeser aka pheeniks.
diesel +1
redd = curse.

Sorry i should have been more detailed "New Jack"..

This was in 2k7 and 2k8..

AkaBalla said:
Sorry i should have been more detailed "New Jack"..

This was in 2k7 and 2k8..
what's the difference? they've been using the same rebounding system for years.
this game has had the same problems since the dreamcast days.
and yet i buy it every year. ugh.

edit: just played a scrimmage with pheeniks.
shaq goes for 18 pts on 9-10 shooting, and 6 rebounds, and 3 assists.
still taking suiters!:D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
viakado said:
what's the difference? they've been using the same rebounding system for years.
this game has had the same problems since the dreamcast days.
and yet i buy it every year. ugh.

edit: just played a scrimmage with pheeniks.
shaq goes for 18 pts on 9-10 shooting, and 6 rebounds, and 3 assists.
still taking suiters!:D

Charlie V for snaq. straight up!

Smokey

pheeniks said:
redd isn't the curse. it's nash. he better starting doing well or i'm shipping his ass out.

hey i could use nash.

you see daw couldn't quite figure out iverson, so he ships him out and wins 2 in a row. coincidence? nah don't think so.

let me help you out.

strikeselect

smokey the old sliders are currently active right?

i've missed some 3s but made some as well with JJ so far.. so i think he's ok

CB3

Mrbob said:
Viakado you are really trying hard to unload shaq fu. :lol

thats because 3 of his 4 best players play the Center Position :lol

I actually made a decent offer. Ramon Sessions and Charlie V are both upgrades to your starting line up. You know Snaq wont be guarding anything on the screens and pick and rolls

CB3

Smokey said:
potential trade looming between rockets and another unnamed team...

stay tuned.

if you land another player without giving up a starter im quitting.

and kicking out the other person before i leave

strikeselect

after my scrimmage with pheeniks, Heat team doctors have declared James Jones ready to play!

Watch out GAF League!

james jones is officially back in the Heat rotation!

Smokey

Cerrius said:
after my scrimmage with pheeniks, Heat team doctors have declared James Jones ready to play!

Watch out GAF League!

james jones is officially back in the Heat rotation!

so you pretty much scammed LA out of Odom and Vujacic

WOW

pheeniks said:
that's it. i'm not playing this pussy shit offense anymore. time to go back to the power team i was

Nash doesn't fit into that equation, he does however fit down in Houston.

strikeselect

Smokey said:
so you pretty much scammed LA out of Odom and Vujacic

WOW

Nash doesn't fit into that equation, he does however fit down in Houston.

hey hey, i gave up Zo and Marion! I didn't scam anyone!

If I knew JJ was going to make an early return from injury I wouldn't have even made the trade.

but with that said, Farmar and Vujacic give me alot more 3pt shooting threats than before.

Smokey

Cerrius said:
hey hey, i gave up Zo and Marion! I didn't scam anyone!

If I knew JJ was going to make an early return from injury I wouldn't have even made the trade.

but with that said, Farmar and Vujacic give me alot more 3pt shooting threats than before.

scam scam scam scam:lol

strikeselect

viakado said:
gg daw.
shaq stats:
14pts, 11reb, 2 steals.
thats all star level numbers folks.

is snaq on the trading block?

with JJ back, I think I have more room to make some moves...

anyone but wade, beasley and jones is eligible for trade.

but ONLY if it makes sense...

finally got my game in with the clippers guy. 8-2 bitches!

i'm coming for you week 3 dave.... make your time. mcgirk hungers....

dirktrim.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Do injuries really reset?

I lost Mo Wiliams in the first minute of my game against Aka with a separated shoulder. I wasn't even controlling him, stupid computer made him dive for a loose ball.

I would like to move either Wally or Sasha. There is no reason for me to have two players that are near identical in abilities. I don't even know what I want in exchange.
I could let Big Z go too if I got a big in return.

Anyone interested at all in Wally or Sasha?

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
finally got my game in with the clippers guy. 8-2 bitches!

i'm coming for you week 3 dave.... make your time. mcgirk hungers....

dirktrim.jpg

Even if you win, it wil be tainted by JR Smith not playing.

Smokey

Got a simple question that requires a simple answer...

Those who played in the league last year, where was the hate for the Celtics. They had a "big 3" and were just as loaded as the Rockets. I rolled w/ the Magic and played just fine with them but I wasn't complaining about the Celtics or Lakers...just rolled with the flow. And I think I did just fine w/ the Magic...

So now I got a chance to play w/ my hometown team for the first time in 3 seasons because Matrix had em, and then the hatorade starts flowin' in.

I'm not invincible, neither are the Rockets. Ask Cerrius he freakin' took me to overtime and I had to win w/ a buzzer shot. My last few regular season games have been close until the 4th quarter until I managed to pull away.

And then the trade. Oh the trade of doom. Yeah on paper it sounds like a stupid ass trade but in reality daw has won 2 games in a row since that trade and was averaging 14.4 pts w/ A.I. and was saying the entire season he wanted to get rid of him. I offer a marksman 3pt shooter and a solid SF to make up for A.I...he wins 2 in a row..yet I still hear "it's not fair blah blah blah". Somebody could've got to A.I. before I did...but did anybody? No.

Those who have played in this league for the past 3 seasons, which is when I joined... may remember that I made key trades in each in every season that I've been here to win 2 GAF championships and to get to the Finals last season. This season is no different but oh because I have the Rockets I shouldn't do anything cuz the Rockets suck etc. etc.

Try and make things more interesting by letting people be the GM of their own teams and all I pretty much hear is dboy you suck balls it's not fair etc. etc.

/rant

sorry just irritating me

not aimed at anybody i just would like to know

thanks!

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
Got a simple question that requires a simple answer...

Those who played in the league last year, where was the hate for the Celtics. They had a "big 3" and were just as loaded as the Rockets. I rolled w/ the Magic and played just fine with them but I wasn't complaining about the Celtics or Lakers...just rolled with the flow. And I think I did just fine w/ the Magic...

So now I got a chance to play w/ my hometown team for the first time in 3 seasons because Matrix had em, and then the hatorade starts flowin' in.

I'm not invincible, neither are the Rockets. Ask Cerrius he freakin' took me to overtime and I had to win w/ a buzzer shot. My last few regular season games have been close until the 4th quarter until I managed to pull away.

And then the trade. Oh the trade of doom. Yeah on paper it sounds like a stupid ass trade but in reality daw has won 2 games in a row since that trade and was averaging 14.4 pts w/ A.I. and was saying the entire season he wanted to get rid of him. I offer a marksman 3pt shooter and a solid SF to make up for A.I...he wins 2 in a row..yet I still hear "it's not fair blah blah blah". Somebody could've got to A.I. before I did...but did anybody? No.

Those who have played in this league for the past 3 seasons, which is when I joined... may remember that I made key trades in each in every season that I've been here to win 2 GAF championships and to get to the Finals last season. This season is no different but oh because I have the Rockets I shouldn't do anything cuz the Rockets suck etc. etc.

/rant

sorry just irritating me

not aimed at anybody i just would like to know

thanks!
Spoken like a true Rockets fan. Anyways, you know what needs to be done.

DCX

Top Bottom