• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well if anyone needs a shooter I still have two. I have Wally (rated 79) and Sasha (rated 70). I'm open to several types of deals. Not really sure what is out there honestly.

Let me know. I'm home all day.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Truelize said:
Well if anyone needs a shooter I still have two. I have Wally (rated 79) and Sasha (rated 70). I'm open to several types of deals. Not really sure what is out there honestly.

Let me know. I'm home all day.
True, what are you looking for? Bigs? Slashers? Ball-handling PG? Something else?

Smokey, what's the verdict on that trade you had proposed, and then I submitted?

EDIT:
@ Orlando Magic
@ New York Knicks
@ Phoenix Suns
@ Denver Nuggets

I should be on after 9PM Eastern, maybe as early as after 8PM Eastern.

DiddyBop

jus finished my toughest week where i had to face the top 3 players in the league:lol . blazers owner is an extremely good shooter while the heat owner is the king of fastbreak and knows how to use mike beasley perfectly. i have a feeling Smokey is going to destroy my clippers next time we meet after i tarnished his record:lol

DiddyBop said:
jus finished my toughest week where i had to face the top 3 players in the league:lol . blazers owner is an extremely good shooter while the heat owner is the king of fastbreak and knows how to use mike beasley perfectly. i have a feeling Smokey is going to destroy my clippers next time we meet after i tarnished his record:lol
ok, who the fuck is eric gordon. not even bowen couldn't stay in front of him. :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
viakado said:
ok, who the fuck is eric gordon. not even bowen couldn't stay in front of him. :(

Eric Gordon is a rookie out of Indiana. I have no clue how Diddy does what he does with him. He murdered me with him. It was sadness.

I think I'm dealing with similar lag issues that I had with 2k8. Whenever I challenge I get lag. Not tons but enough that I'm shooting under 40% again. I shot like 4 for 22 or something horrible like that from in the key in my game against the Clippers.

meanwhile I set up a game with the Blazers so that we can play after his game with the Clippers and I'm still sitting here online with 2k9 and he appears to be playing random online games. What the fetch? Why am I sitting here an hour later?

edit: Oh I guess you are playing your league game against dboy instead. Oh well.

Smokey

DiddyBop said:

I won't see you again unless we play in the playoffs..oh but somehow some way I'll get my revenge. That was my first league game with Iverson on my roster and I wasn't quite sure how to use him, and that hurt me. Plus overrated Eric Gordon. I was highly pissed when I lost just to let you know! But since that game A.I. is avg. 22PPG for me (just had 27 against Blazers) so in hindsight that was probably a good loss. Woke me the hell up and pissed me off at the same time:lol

GG kirby. It was a close game the entire way.

Looking at my schedule if things keep trending the way they are, I'd say week 6 is gonna be killer. I got Jazz, Heat, Suns, Bulls and Cavs :/. Those games are gonna determine some spots in the playoffs. That should be a fun week:lol

DiddyBop said:
no wonder,i didnt know you had lag,i knew something was wrong when your guards were missing wide open shots,especially williams. maybe there is something wrong with your connection cause i didnt have any lag in our game.

CANADA is what's wrong with his connection. Just gotta release the shot stick/x button earlier true.

DiddyBop

Truelize said:
Eric Gordon is a rookie out of Indiana. I have no clue how Diddy does what he does with him. He murdered me with him. It was sadness.

I think I'm dealing with similar lag issues that I had with 2k8. Whenever I challenge I get lag. Not tons but enough that I'm shooting under 40% again. I shot like 4 for 22 or something horrible like that from in the key in my game against the Clippers.

meanwhile I set up a game with the Blazers so that we can play after his game with the Clippers and I'm still sitting here online with 2k9 and he appears to be playing random online games. What the fetch? Why am I sitting here an hour later?

edit: Oh I guess you are playing your league game against dboy instead. Oh well.

no wonder,i didnt know you had lag,i knew something was wrong when your guards were missing wide open shots,especially williams. maybe there is something wrong with your connection cause i didnt have any lag in our game.

DiddyBop

Smokey said:
I won't see you again unless we play in the playoffs..oh but somehow some way I'll get my revenge. That was my first league game with Iverson on my roster and I wasn't quite sure how to use him, and that hurt me. Plus overrated Eric Gordon. I was highly pissed when I lost just to let you know! But since that game A.I. is avg. 22PPG for me (just had 27 against Blazers) so in hindsight that was probably a good loss. Woke me the hell up and pissed me off at the same time:lol

GG kirby. It was a close game the entire way.

Looking at my schedule if things keep trending the way they are, I'd say week 6 is gonna be killer. I got Jazz, Heat, Suns, Bulls and Cavs :/. Those games are gonna determine some spots in the playoffs. That should be a fun week:lol
yea,iverson was kidna soft during our game,he was working me with his iso and midrange j in our exhibition games though. i an not looking forward to playing you again:lol i had to give it my all to win that game. and gorodn is not overrated,stop that:lol

and i am canadian too and i dont have any issues with lag. maybe its because i live in toronto and we have better connections here? i dont know, its really unfair for truelize but i dont see any type of solution.

Smokey

DiddyBop said:
yea,iverson was kidna soft during our game,he was working me with his iso and midrange j in our exhibition games though. i an not looking forward to playing you again:lol i had to give it my all to win that game. and gorodn is not overrated,stop that:lol

and i am canadian too and i dont have any issues with lag. maybe its because i live in toronto and we have better connections here? i dont know, its really unfair for truelize but i dont see any type of solution.

yes he is. your x-factor has been exposed. it's alright. i had one of those with the magic (reddick and bogans). x factors are pretty awesome, but it's out in the open now.

well my week 3 is over. finished 4-1. Remember after this week trades are over. And a reminder:

Deadline is next Wed December 3. So a week left. I gave some extra days for the upcoming holiday:D

--side not: i hate simming games. please spare me from doing so, i beg you. middle of the season now and this is where things should start to pickup and where the ducks should start aligning for your GAF championship aspirations...

...but it's no fun if I have to sim the games.

edit again: also for those who haven't participated in this league before, some of these games now could be the difference for the playoffs. If two teams have the same record, the game will list them it in alphabetical order.

So if I have the 7th spot tied with the clippers and nuggets...well sucks for me C and N come before R which means I'll be gone fishin' w/ Kenny.

unless they changed it this year...but we obviously don't know yet.

DiddyBop

well,hes top ten scoring in the league so i guess it was kinda obvious. and i will try to play all my games now,those simmed games hurt. these trades really do spice things up,i remember one dude i faced basically had the whole lakers roster save for kobe:lol

daw840

San Antonio Spurs
Detroit Pistons

Either one of you guys available? I sent a PM to Hunter D but haven't heard back yet.

DCX

DCX
anachronous_one said:
True, what are you looking for? Bigs? Slashers? Ball-handling PG? Something else?

Smokey, what's the verdict on that trade you had proposed, and then I submitted?

EDIT:
@ Orlando Magic
@ New York Knicks
@ Phoenix Suns
@ Denver Nuggets

I should be on after 9PM Eastern, maybe as early as after 8PM Eastern.
I'm on.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DiddyBop said:

I don't really don't know what's wrong with my connection. I have Shaw Elite Speed here and it's supposed to be the fastest possible connection. But in 2k sports games I notice a downgrade when I host games. If the other team invites I'm usually fine. But if I'm the host? Nope. But with this new league setup I have to invite for my home games or it screws up.
Tough situation.

For instance: I just did a speed test through my internet providers site and it told me I have
18.3 mbps download
891 kbps upload
36 ms ping.

Isn't that pretty good?

Smokey

Truelize said:
I don't really don't know what's wrong with my connection. I have Shaw Elite Speed here and it's supposed to be the fastest possible connection. But in 2k sports games I notice a downgrade when I host games. If the other team invites I'm usually fine. But if I'm the host? Nope. But with this new league setup I have to invite for my home games or it screws up.
Tough situation.

For instance: I just did a speed test through my internet providers site and it told me I have
18.3 mbps download
891 kbps upload
36 ms ping.

Isn't that pretty good?

yes.

I dunno dude that sucks.

try and email 2ksports.com technical support and see what they say. that's weird.

ecnal

Smokey said:
So if I have the 7th spot tied with the clippers and nuggets...well sucks for me C and N come before R which means I'll be gone fishin' w/ Kenny.

unless they changed it this year...but we obviously don't know yet.

it appears to be alphabetical, but not by the team's name--rather the city/state. Denver Nuggets, Utah Jazz...

nuggets are ahead of me (we have the same record) and i even have the tie breaker against him (beat him).

Smokey

ecnal said:
it appears to be alphabetical, but not by the team's name--rather the city/state. Denver Nuggets, Utah Jazz...

nuggets are ahead of me (we have the same record) and i even have the tie breaker against him (beat him).

I stand corrected, I knew it was one of those. So yeah, you may not think the games count too much but that one game could be the difference.

Also, I finally realized why the website has the record as 'wrong'. The record on the website lists your games played, so for those of you who I've had to sim games for, even if you won or loss it doesn't show up on your overall record on the website because technically you didn't play the game I simmed it. That explains why my and others record is correct in game and on the website (we have played every game).

If you sim the game on the website it still gives you the w/l but doesn't show up as being played thus throwing you off when you look at the record. However if I sim it through 2K9 where it creates the stats and everything, the game counts it as being played.

I'm glad that finally 'clicked' b/c that was bothering me. Didn't know what was going on. Guess I'll be simming through the actual game from now on.

encal you are actually 8-7(see explanation above), while nuggets are 7-6. That's why he's above you on the website.

AkaBalla

DCX said:
Can't go guys, umm...tomorrow night i can get both games in with Aka and FMT.

DCX

Sorry DCX i think i stated earlier that im out from Weds and wont be back until Mon.. I suppose the game will be simmed...

Smokey

ecnal said:
ah, ok.

that makes sense.

can you re-sim my game vs the nets/76ers then? so it counts?

It still counted. everything is correct in game, but on the website it strictly goes by if you actually played the game. and I tried before, but I can't go back a week once it advances.

Sorry DCX i think i stated earlier that im out from Weds and wont be back until Mon.. I suppose the game will be simmed...

League isn't advancing until next wed the 3rd.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
GGs last night, DCX and pheeniks. I was lucky to outlast Crawford's onslaught and SUPER-lucky that Redd missed a wide open, game-tying, transition three ball with less than a minute left in the game.

@ Orlando Magic
@ Denver Nuggets

I should be on tonight, but later than normal --- likely after 10PM Eastern.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Truelize said:
Take the Bobcats and trade me Adam Morrison. :)
That would be like asking a man with no legs and one arm to give you his last arm....

And why would I take the Boobcats when the Celtics are available?

AirBrian

DenogginizerOS said:
That would be like asking a man with no legs and one arm to give you his last arm....

And why would I take the Boobcats when the Celtics are available?
You still have your head!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
AirBrian said:
You still have your head!
In the ocean, may name would be "Bob".
In a mailbox, I would be "Bill"
In an eclair, I would be "Phil"
In front of a door, I would be "Matt"

I could go on and on...

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dcx what time can you play tonight?
AFter 9:30pm or so..maybe a little earlier or latter. Depends on what time my wife is going to bed. i'll be on AIM.

DCX

Top Bottom