• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

AirBrian

Man, that was not cool. I finally got some outside shooting and Gordon drains one...a 1/100th of a second too late. :-(

I know you paid them off, DM! Fess up!

(Anyhow, GG!)

daw840

AirBrian said:
Man, that was not cool. I finally got some outside shooting and Gordon drains one...a 1/100th of a second too late. :-(

I know you paid them off, DM! Fess up!

(Anyhow, GG!)

LOL, FMT lost a game like that to me! A 3-pointer drained but 1/100th of a second too late.

i'm 10-4 buddy! ive turned my NBA life around and now i'm on the championship trail!

p.s. i've lost 2 straight and have gotten a lot of lucky bounces in my 10 wins.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm 10-4 buddy! ive turned my NBA life around and now i'm on the championship trail!

p.s. i've lost 2 straight and have gotten a lot of lucky bounces in my 10 wins.
I lost internet all afternoon then i went to the inlaws til now. Pretty beat. Tomorrow i can get one in and Sunday night one more. So FMT and AKA, fill in the times...free after 9 ish est.

DCX

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
what time are you free tomorrow? i can play anytime during the day!
maybe in the afternoon...i've done a straight family run for the last three days...i'm due to have a gaming day.

DCX

AkaBalla

DCX 9pm est tomorrow night.. But i will be around during the day as well.. Hit me up on aim..!

P.S. FMT impressive record.. I'm impressed..:)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm still looking to get games in with:

FiveRing
Konex
BigAT

Any of you guys gonna be around Saturday night or Sunday late afternoon into evening?

BigAT

Truelize said:
I'm still looking to get games in with:

FiveRing
Konex
BigAT

Any of you guys gonna be around Saturday night or Sunday late afternoon into evening?

I'll be around Sunday after the Giants game.

Smokey

DenogginizerOS said:
Smokey,

Do you want me in the league? If so, I'll take the Boobcats. Hopefully they haven't been pilfered.

I will be back in town later on today/evening. I have to send the league invite through the league on XBL. Unless a co-admin can do the invite. If so to send the invite:

go to the league through XBL, there should be some section that lists the users & teams. Go to Bobcats and it'll say send invite, and put in Denogginizer's gamertag(Denogginizer OS). He'll also need the league password which I PM'd everybody.

If a co-admin doesn't get a chance to do it, then I'll send you an invite later on this evening.

Also Denog, be sure to read the OP for rules.

AkaBalla

FrenchMovieTheme said:
DCX you around??

He was, we tried playing. I was sitting in the lobby and he couldnt connect to 2k..Then he just dosappeared when i told him i was on with no plms. Go figure..

when does the league advance again? dcx isn't around and i'll only be here for another hour today, tomorrow is football and ill probably be around from 2-5 pm pst, monday i could play in the day time, i can't play on tuesday or wednesday (pumpkins concerts both days! GO SP!), so our game will probably be simmed. come on coin flip!

Mrbob

Yeah GG dude tough loss for ya. :(

Peja missed a 12 foot jumper and Chandler grabbed the rebound and slammed it in with 0.6 left in the game for the win.

Smokey

DenogginizerOS said:
Anyone want to play?

I'm about to send you an invite to the league. Look for it next time you log on to NBA2K9.

After you get the invite and accept (i'll send the pw to ur XBL GT) you'll be in the league as the Cats. Then when you log onto XBL go to 'my leagues', and the GAF league should be listed. Once it connects and loads the roster you'll be at the 'owner' home screen. There will be 5 teams located at the top of your screen. Those are your next 5 opponents. You can play them in any order just as long as it's done by the deadline.

While in this home screen you are essentially in the "league lobby". To see who else is in the league lobby with you, if you press down on the d-pad it will the other players in the lobby. If nobody is in lobby when you press down on d-pad, nothing will happen.

You can click those who are in the lobby and initiate a custom challenge. This is what we use for scrimmages b/c it uses the league settings(our sliders are a little different from default).

Before I sent invite, you sure you don't want the Sixers? They're a better team than the lolcats and are 3-12 instead of 0-15.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Smokey said:
Would like to welcome the new PROUD owner of the lolcats to the league...Denogginizer!

:handclap
Thank you thank you. I probably should have taken the Sixers but alas, I did not. It will make owning the Celtics later (I hope) even sweeter.

I should be around this morning if anyone wants to scrimmage. I am absolutely horrible at this game (at least playing the 3-point shooting cheeseballs online). I despise how I have played 5 games online and every opponent has shot at least 40 plus 3-pointers and either scored points with those or scored off the rebound. No one I have played thus far plays basketball. They just shoot 3's, rebound, and do full-court press on every in-bound pass. And I also seem to miss a lot of easy shots while they bury the 3's from the exact same spot. If I didn't have this league, I would never play this game online.

Mrbob

FiveRing, ya here pal, we need to play our game. :D Hopefully tonight but it can't be tonight as the Bears and Vikings throw down in rough, tough, quality NFC North football action. :lol

AirBrian

Konex, BigAT, and DCX, when do you want to roll?

I am not available tonight, but I'll be around for most of the day after 1 PM, and tomorrow evening after 7 PM (CDT).

Smokey

DenogginizerOS said:
Thank you thank you. I probably should have taken the Sixers but alas, I did not. It will make owning the Celtics later (I hope) even sweeter.

I should be around this morning if anyone wants to scrimmage. I am absolutely horrible at this game (at least playing the 3-point shooting cheeseballs online). I despise how I have played 5 games online and every opponent has shot at least 40 plus 3-pointers and either scored points with those or scored off the rebound. No one I have played thus far plays basketball. They just shoot 3's, rebound, and do full-court press on every in-bound pass. And I also seem to miss a lot of easy shots while they bury the 3's from the exact same spot. If I didn't have this league, I would never play this game online.

2K online has always been like this w/ randoms.

DCX

DCX
AirBrian said:
Konex, BigAT, and DCX, when do you want to roll?

I am not available tonight, but I'll be around for most of the day after 1 PM, and tomorrow evening after 7 PM (CDT).
Tommorrow it is then.

DCX

Top Bottom