• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
nash is automatic from downtown.

what does deron provide that nash doesn't other than dunking ability?

this could be a bad trade depending how you use him.

Cerrius said:
nash is automatic from downtown.

what does deron provide that nash doesn't other than dunking ability?

this could be a bad trade depending how you use him.

I don't want my team to be a bunch of three point shooting pansies. that is what lost me all my games

BigAT

AkaBalla said:
BigAt cant believe we decided to be rejects and play through that lag.. lol..

Smokey you able to reset this game..

I don't know about anyone else, but my last 3 games have been nearly unplayable from lag. Is anyone else experiencing similar? I don't think it's just me, as I get nothing like this playing Madden, Gears, etc. and there's no other traffic on my network to account for it.

It's been incredibly frustrating and has made my games painful to the point that I wonder how much more I can take if it remains as bad as it's been.

So yeah, please reset Raptors/Lakers when you get the chance.

AkaBalla

BigAT said:
I don't know about anyone else, but my last 3 games have been nearly unplayable from lag. Is anyone else experiencing similar? I don't think it's just me, as I get nothing like this playing Madden, Gears, etc. and there's no other traffic on my network to account for it.

It's been incredibly frustrating and has made my games painful to the point that I wonder how much more I can take if it remains as bad as it's been.

Have u tested your XBL connection?

Smokey

BigAT said:

game has been reset. also test ur connection. I had terrible lag last week and a comcast guy came out and looked at my box and my noise ratio was terrible. he replaced the box and now im back to full speed. im on the wireless connection too.

ecnal said:
the new utah jazz are beast :D

gg smokey, i think i've come full circle now :lol

Yeah gg. You know have a big body down there to get those rebounds which is what got me. On my side I had 5 players in double digits points so they delivered on that end, but those boards got me.

Really good game though. You've made like a 720 turn since we played in week 1:lol I'll meet you in the last week of the season, then we'll see if you can do it when the lights are shining bright and playoff implications come into play :)

BigAT

AkaBalla said:
Have u tested your XBL connection?

Like I said, I don't have problems with any other game on XBL. I play wired and don't have any real connection problems aside from this. I'll look into it some more and try to get it figured out.

ecnal

Smokey said:
Yeah gg. You know have a big body down there to get those rebounds which is what got me. On my side I had 5 players in double digits points so they delivered on that end, but those boards got me.

Really good game though. You've made like a 720 turn since we played in week 1:lol I'll meet you in the last week of the season, then we'll see if you can do it when the lights are shining bright and playoff implications come into play :)

i'll be ready... hopefully. just gotta refine my play selections/rotations and i think i'll be fine :)

Mrbob

Fuck Wade. :lol

GG Cerrius. I put up three out of four quarters of good offense, but I couldn't stop you at all. :lol

I should feel good I only lost to you by 8, but I was so close that game I wanted the win! Oh well, maybe next time!

Mrbob

I also need some more help from the vets.

What am I doing wrong on tipped passes? I lose them all the time, and I gave up a good 10+ points the last game on passes on D I tipped. Some Heat player would jump up and get the ball and then my defense is all out of position, leaving a guy open for 3 which is hit. Do I need to hit Y to jump for the ball after its tipped? It happens all the time to me in games where I tip passes, somehow don't get the ball, and my d is way out of position leading to an easy basket.

Mrbob said:
I also need some more help from the vets.

What am I doing wrong on tipped passes? I lose them all the time, and I gave up a good 10+ points the last game on passes on D I tipped. Some Heat player would jump up and get the ball and then my defense is all out of position, leaving a guy open for 3 which is hit. Do I need to hit Y to jump for the ball after its tipped? It happens all the time to me in games where I tip passes, somehow don't get the ball, and my d is way out of position leading to an easy basket.

try pressing X too

deron williams has made me a much more dangerous team. viakado you got lucky stoudemire was out!

DiddyBop

Mrbob said:
Fuck Wade. :lol

GG Cerrius. I put up three out of four quarters of good offense, but I couldn't stop you at all. :lol

I should feel good I only lost to you by 8, but I was so close that game I wanted the win! Oh well, maybe next time!
yea,wade was impossible to stop in my game with him,he especially hurt me on the fast break. i think wade dropped 40 and 15 assists on me:lol

pheeniks said:
try pressing X too

deron williams has made me a much more dangerous team. viakado you got lucky stoudemire was out!
whatever you slut. you're pretty thin down low without mr. unguardable. Big sexy just abuses down low without no sense of pitty!

omfg heartbreaker against dave in what i believe is the highest scoring game of the season, 113-111.

anyhow, what happened is this. he had a 2 points lead with 3.5 seconds and inbounding. he inbounds and it trying to pass again to run time, kidd intercepts, i pass to terry but have to pump fake because his guy jumps, i shoot the 3 and it goes in.... about a millisecond after the red buzzer light came on :( that was the win!

then i got beat by ecnal. ive had that ass beating coming due to all my good fortune of late. one of those games where none of your shots go in and nothing goes right for you until its too late. also ive played nash twice today and im tired of seeing him! he's too quick!

p.s. smokey did you mess with the 3 point settings or shooting in general? better % of 3 pointers are going in.

Smokey

DCX said:
First loss Smoke? Oh really? Ready to resume our talks? lol

DCX

Nah, it was a good loss though. That loss actually showed me what I was doing wrong with Iverson. I bounced back against the Spurs nicely as I now have a better idea on how I want to use him.

fmt said:
p.s. smokey did you mess with the 3 point settings or shooting in general? better % of 3 pointers are going in.

yes.

And GG Hunter D. You're pretty good w/ isomotion almost up there with me! :)

well ill have to wait a few more games but against daw we shot 57% and 61% respectively, then in my game against the jazz he shot 58% i believe.... i shot 34% :/

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well ill have to wait a few more games but against daw we shot 57% and 61% respectively, then in my game against the jazz he shot 58% i believe.... i shot 34% :/

Holy shit dude, you shot 34%?!? How the fuck???

Hunter D

Smokey said:
Nah, it was a good loss though. That loss actually showed me what I was doing wrong with Iverson. I bounced back against the Spurs nicely as I now have a better idea on how I want to use him.

yes.

And GG Hunter D. You're pretty good w/ isomotion almost up there with me! :)
ISO is all I can do. Why do you have ai coming off the bench?

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:

from 3pt land or in general?

Hunter D said:
ISO is all I can do. Why do you have ai coming off the bench?

Because I already have Tracy and Yao in my starting lineup. I usually bring AI in at point around the 4 min mark of the 1st quarter and by that time Kleiza is usually down to 3 bars and I bring Artest in. So the big 4 are all on the court then, and I usually just go from there.

Also I don't want to start TMAC, Yao, Artest, and A.I. at the same time because what do I do when they get tired? Then I'd have to turn to my players that are in the high 70s or low 80s. So I just have A.I. and Artest come off bench so that I always have a fresh scorer in the game :)

no, the 3 point % wasn't in the high 50's. the overall percentage. but i suppose we did have a lot of layups and dunks. as i said, ill see how it goes over the next few games, may have been an abberation! but 113-111 speaks for itself! great game though.

also, dave, 34% its true! it was just one of those games. missing open shots, getting fastbreaks and somehow getting blocked, getting boards near the basket and missing, etc etc. as i said, i had that a long time comin'! i'm not very good at the game and the fact that i was 10-2 tells me that i had some pretty good luck so far

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
no, the 3 point % wasn't in the high 50's. the overall percentage. but i suppose we did have a lot of layups and dunks. as i said, ill see how it goes over the next few games, may have been an abberation! but 113-111 speaks for itself! great game though.

also, dave, 34% its true! it was just one of those games. missing open shots, getting fastbreaks and somehow getting blocked, getting boards near the basket and missing, etc etc. as i said, i had that a long time comin'! i'm not very good at the game and the fact that i was 10-2 tells me that i had some pretty good luck so far

:lol what

so you're saying you've been on a luck streak this entire time?

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:

you don't really give me any credit...

i recovered 1 vs 3 on fastbreaks and came up with tons of manual blocks.

i easily took away 10+ fastbreaks.

you definitely missed wide open shots, but to give me no credit for your 34% shooting...

no you played good defense as well, didn't mean to take away from that. but when im missing point blank shots and wide open shots thats going to lead to a blowout. i usually make a better percentage of those shots, but they just weren't falling for me in that game for a variety of reasons. not saying i would have won with those, but the game would have been closer.

BigAT

daw840 said:
Can someone please explain what the +/- stat means?

It shows how the score of a game changes while that player is in the game. If Kobe gets subbed back into a game when it's 30-30 and he goes to the bench when it's 42-36 Lakers, his +/- is +6.

BigAT

AkaBalla said:
DCX or BigAT you available this fine November morning?

I'm stuck at work on this fine November morning. I'll be home at 5 PM EST though if you want to get it in then or sometime afterward.

AkaBalla

BigAT said:
I'm stuck at work on this fine November morning. I'll be home at 5 PM EST though if you want to get it in then or sometime afterward.

Ill be heading to work this afternoon.. Wont be back until 9p-10p est.. Ill try to catch u on..

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
BigAT said:

I will be home and available to play video games at about 10est. Will you be available for our game then?

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Has anyone figured out a sure-fire way of changing your league rotation, saving it, and then actually getting it to work online in a league game?

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
Has anyone figured out a sure-fire way of changing your league rotation, saving it, and then actually getting it to work online in a league game?

Also to put players on injured reserve and to activate players you need to go to lineups then rotations. There may be one or two players listed as "res" at the bottom. Pick who you want them to replace and save your changes. This also applies when you try and change your lineup.

After you've saved your changes DO NOT GO BACK into the lineup screen, b/c then it'll undo everything you just did. Just go back to the owner screen and wait for your game to start.

Thanks to our valuable member AKA for this wonderful tip!!

Top Bottom