• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Mrbob said:
Stand up for your consumer rights, pheeniks! Don't let MS gouge you for some more money off their faulty shitboxes. Make them send you a new one!

Having said this, my warranty is now done so when mine goes poof I'll have to buy a new one. :/

do you think I will get a new one by the way things look? couldn't you just bullshit yours too, saying you have 3 red rings?

i wasn't going to pay 94 bucks for them to repair something they sent to me. the next xbox i have will be my 3rd..

Mrbob

Is your system still under warranty? If it is you might have a shot. If not, I would raise hell with them. Especially if this is your third system.

I guess we'll find out if they check out the bad systems right away or throw them in a pile to be fixed later.

Smokey

I just had the most unusual game this season against Cerrius..holy crap.

http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/game.cfm?l=11080&g=977534&menu=teamstats

I couldn't hit anything in the 1st half and the score at halftime was 28 - 45. At this point I figure the game is probably over so I put in my backup unit a few minutes into the 3rd quarter. I'm sort of frustrated at what's happening so I just start playing really different to try and throw him off. I would back off of everybody when they got the ball...daring him to shoot even though he's been lighting me up all game.

Then when I got the ball off of a make or miss I came down w/ Head and was just jacking three pointers...and they were falling. So I'm like...okay. Keep doing my unusual defensive tactic and it's working. Go down to the other end and was just jacking 3's with Kleiza or Head..and them bitches were FALLING. I'm like OH SHIT :lol . Still..at the end of the 3rd the score is 53-71 Heat lead. My bench was in for the entire 3rd quarter.

And then...something happened. Fourth comes around and I start Full court pressing (using manual D of course) just to try and get back into the game. And it works and kind of throws him off. I keep playing and playing and climb my way back into the game with like 4 minutes left and I'm like fuck it...I'm going for the win..and put my starters back in (who have been out since the beginning of 3rd quarter). I switch and put Yao ming on Beasley to make him work for his shots and I eventually climb my way back into the game after being down by almost 20 going into the 4th.

One thing leads to another and I end up winning the game pretty much in the 4th quarter. Look at the gametrack in the boxscore and scroll to the 4th quarter and you'll see the crazy shit I'm talking about. I'm still sitting here like...what?:lol

I pretty much conceded the game in the 3rd when I put my bench in (figured I might as well get a good look at em for the playoffs) and I somehow pulled it out.

Mrbob said:
Is your system still under warranty? If it is you might have a shot. If not, I would raise hell with them. Especially if this is your third system.

I guess we'll find out if they check out the bad systems right away or throw them in a pile to be fixed later.

not under warranty anymore. but i hope my "customer is always right" belief comes true

i can't believe it died on christmas. FU microsoft :(

smokey, this just means your bench>starters. quit playin yao!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I can play. Ill be on AIM the rest of the night but ill say there is about a 60% chance i knock out at some point soon because im pretty tired.

AkaBalla

Viakdo u need to learn the mid range game a little.. Your game is lame..

Mind u i could score 56 of 71 PIP and not lose the game for breaking rules but i wouldnt do that, also checking your stats in the middle of the 4th quarter to see if u can pound the paint more..

BTW you made 2 free throws so 13 points total in the perimiter..

Your garbage..

If these guys are allowed back for next season count me out..

Edit: Arent u the one who wants to enforce a % of PIP u would have broken it by 20.5 points.. You should be in favor of the current rule... that will save your lame ass

well not that it's any of my business what happened in your guys' game, but when i played viak he had a midrange game. i dont think even half his points came in the paints so i'm not sure, maybe it was an abberation (ive played him twice).

AkaBalla said:
Viakdo u need to learn the mid range game a little.. Your game is lame..

Mind u i could score 56 of 71 PIP and not lose the game for breaking rules but i wouldnt do that, also checking your stats in the middle of the 4th quarter to see if u can pound the paint more..

BTW you made 2 free throws so 13 points total in the perimiter..

Your garbage..

If these guys are allowed back for next season count me out..

Edit: Arent u the one who wants to enforce a % of PIP u would have broken it by 20.5 points.. You should be in favor of the current rule... that will save your lame ass
i had like 54 PIP. 12of that was 2nd chance points. so i had 42PIP. Well below the 50pt barrier. And look at my shot chart. Admittedly plenty was in the paint, but you can see i tried to make midrange shots.
Learn to win, And learn to lose. Suck it up son. i didn't exploit anything.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well not that it's any of my business what happened in your guys' game, but when i played viak he had a midrange game. i dont think even half his points came in the paints so i'm not sure, maybe it was an abberation (ive played him twice).
no, you're right. i dont get complaints about my game. AKA is just being a sourpuss.

DiddyBop

baron davis is such an interesting character,one day he will go 0-20 next he'll be play of the game.fucking guy pisses me off so much but i cant help but love him

AkaBalla

viakado said:
i had like 54 PIP. 12of that was 2nd chance points. so i had 42PIP. Well below the 50pt barrier. And look at my shot chart. Admittedly plenty was in the paint, but you can see i tried to make midrange shots.
Learn to win, And learn to lose. Suck it up son. i didn't exploit anything.

U sound like an idiot.. Your confirming everything i said..

I also never said you exploited anything..

You had 56 PIP look at the box score son...

Not that it matters since you were below the 50 PIP rule.. Like i stated in my first post..

And I'm looking at your shot chart.. It looks very nice but i cant see the paint area.. I wonder why..:lol

AkaBalla said:
U sound like an idiot.. Your confirming everything i said..

I also never said you exploited anything..

You had 56 PIP look at the box score son...

Not that it matters since you were below the 50 PIP rule.. Like i stated in my first post..

And I'm looking at your shot chart.. It looks very nice but i cant see the paint area.. I wonder why..:lol
56 huh? but hey, dont blame me for wanting to cash in some of my PIP meal ticket in the 4th, blame the rules.

5k5c9v.jpg

I didn't break any rules. I wasn't abusing the Iso, i was passing the damn ball. I had 24 assists to your 16. So i still dont get what your bitching at.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mrbob said:
Me and Denogg just played an offensive powerhouse game....it was crazy awesome.
Yes. But I broke the PIP rule as you could see during the game I was clearly using an exploit. LOL!

Good game. Didn't realize I was doing anything wrong with the mid-court pressure. That kind of got into my head when you sent that message.

Mrbob

Battled back to .500 to the first time well...this season!

Let me finish 1-1 so I can get at least a .500 season. :lol

DCX

DCX
anyone who plays the Knicks, i can play a game today, tomorrow and Monday night i'm free all night.

DCX

xbox claims it'll take 2-3 weeks. thank god i sent the package from dallas cause the repair center is really close by...we'll see...

airbrian, whataburger failed me on christmas. i wanted my midnight A1 thick and hearty. nothin here is 24/7 like it is in austin :(

Mrbob

I hope it is quick, because there is a good chance we will rumble in the first round of the playoffs and I want my vengeance for two buzzer beating losses this year. :D

ecnal

sixers owner, you around?

edit:

jazz here (sitting in the lobby), looking to play nuggets, sixers, or knicks.

if none of them show, i'll scrimmage if anyone is down...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
To my lucky opponents I will be home all day Sunday and likely parked on my couch holding a controller in my hands. If you would like to play me in a game of NBA 2k9 I will be available.

I would love to get a scrimmage in with someone before I start my league games if anyone is around. I haven't played in over a week. Rust worries me.

ecnal

i honestly don't understand this fucking game.

taking wide open jump shots for the entire fucking game and i shoot 40% somehow D:

how the fuck can korver/nash combine for 12/35 shooting?!?! wide open fucking jumpers...

and to top it all off, i'm down by 3, with .3 seconds left, and i inbound the ball to nash and he makes a full court shot to tie but it was too late :lol

gg zep, that last shot i was like ROFL--how the fuck is he going to make that and not wide open jumpers?!

8/30 from outside the paint, 26%... 3/15 from downtown, 20% with 2 of the best 3 pt shooters in the game. i just don't get it.

ecnal

still need to play nuggets and knicks.

come get your easy wins because the game has given me sub 30% shooting outside the paint for the last 2 games. :lol

much like real life, there isn't always an explanation for missing open shots. my last game with dirk i went 10-24, most of them open shots. the game before i went 25/38 and dropped 50+. just know that your shooting evens out throughout the season, sometimes better sometimes worse.... just like in real life!

ecnal

i don't really have a problem with the game 'dealing' people bad shooting nights--it's 'realistic' when the stats balance out with your season's stats as you said.

my problem is that this was easily the worst game in the world. it felt as if i was somehow dice rolled into losing. my stats, as bad as they are, are padded because i had like 46 PIP out of 66... i hit 8 shots outside the paint for the entire game... that's 2 shots a quarter... that should be absolutely impossible--especially when you take into account it's korver/nash shooting wide open jump shots on fast breaks.

to make things worse, snaq/boozer missed dunks/layups down the stretch to seal the deal--how is boozer going to air ball a 3ft shot? really?

Top Bottom