• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

i know on airballs it is a lag issue. you may not see it, but the input of the button wasn't registered properly. otherwise you wouldn't airball anything unless shooting a 3 with your center

ecnal

so you're confirming what most people have already experienced? 2K's netcode is god awful?

the thing that feels like dice rolling, to be specific, is that at the end of the game nash just starts hitting the same shots he was getting all game, and then he hits a FULL COURT shot that goes right in--as if the game is saying, "well, he hasn't made enough shots for this game, give him the next 3." that's where my real concern comes in. if the game has shitty netcode, oh well. but feeling like the entire game was a series of dice rolls is way worse.

edit: i think i remember CB3/AKA having like a 20% shooting game too. maybe they can chime in on what their experience was like with that one.

not confirming it, but ive never had an airball with someone who is even an average shooter offline, but i have had airballs with dirk, stackhouse, terry, etc. online

DiddyBop

offline baron davis wets like no other,but online he is pretty much a non factor, his shooting percentage must be in the low 30s. but on the other hand guys like mobley and gordon seems to be fine so i doubt i have a lag problem but i dunno.

and yea,sometimes it really does seem as if the computer decides if youre going to perform well or not, it seems like a dice roll. that game mechanic pisses me off sometimes but oh well.

anyone up for a scrimmage?

ecnal

ill scrim you in a little bit diddy. maybe around 1pm PST?

if knicks or nuggets can play today let me know--i'll be available.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I don't know if it is my internet or XBL but I keep getting disconnected from XBL.

I am around this afternoon if anyone wants to try.

Mrbob

Does the Spurs or Pistons owner ever check this thread? :/

I want to watch football today, but after the san diego/denver game tonight we can rumble.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Does the Spurs or Pistons owner ever check this thread? :/

I want to watch football today, but after the san diego/denver game tonight we can rumble.

I've found that it's better to PM these guys.

And True can we play today please. You are my last game.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am in the lobby if anyone is free.

Clippers
Raptors
Nets
Magic

I will practice while I wait. Send me a message via XBL if you want to play: Denogginizer OS

daw840

Anyone who needs to play me (Nuggets) I will be in the lobby in about 15-20 minutes. I am currently at a friends house and will be available to play probably 2-3 games tonight. Post here if you want to play me and I will check this thread in about 15 minutes.

DM and Daw, I was supposed to play you two but I can't. I may be able to borrow my friend's xbox starting tomorrow because he and a few others are staying with me for a few days but I can't guarantee it.

daw840

Really? Not one of my 4 opponents is around? That's shitty. Pheeniks, I know your shit is fucked up, just let me know when/if you get a temp box.

edit: I will check back in another 15-20 minutes to see if anyone has responded to this.

AirBrian

Just got back from Houston (fuck the Texans, fuck the Vikings, fuck the Giants, :lol Lions, :lol Cowgirls, and I STILL BELIEVE IN NECKBEARD!), so I'll be around tomorrow and Tuesday to get games in!

AirBrian said:
Just got back from Houston (fuck the Texans, fuck the Vikings, fuck the Giants, :lol Lions, :lol Cowgirls, and I STILL BELIEVE IN NECKBEARD!), so I'll be around tomorrow and Tuesday to get games in!

so you weren't the crowd of people invading my hood?

i live in deerfield. you cannot fucking drive around at night!

AirBrian

pheeniks said:
so you weren't the crowd of people invading my hood?

i live in deerfield. you cannot fucking drive around at night!
Holy shit, dude. I knew you were from Plano, but that's freakin' close. I used to live (my parents are still there) at Custer and Legacy. In fact, I used to work at the Albertson's that's now closed at Independence and Legacy during high school.

Last year I was in your neighborhood checking out that crazy synced up house playing the song on the local station with the lights. So awesome, but not for you and the other residents I'm guessing. Haha.

AirBrian said:
Last year I was in your neighborhood checking out that crazy synced up house playing the song on the local station with the lights.

I wanted to shoot those people for bringing in the crowd...oh my god...

do the playoffs start tuesday? lots of coinflips comin up for the final week! what a shame....

p.s. if things stay the way they are, i play you in the first round viak. time for my own revenge!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
do the playoffs start tuesday? lots of coinflips comin up for the final week! what a shame....

p.s. if things stay the way they are, i play you in the first round viak. time for my own revenge!

week isn't over until the 2nd.

DiddyBop

so i basically have to win 1 out of my next 2 and spurs have to lose 2 out of their next 5....

BELIEVE!
8cc4c5f656f97ede82a3513cbdf662f8-getty-82992001ng025_raptrs_clips.jpg

FrenchMovieTheme said:

bring it. McGirk can't stop Captain Barbosa and Big Sexy!

Mrbob

Ok I'm playing the Pistons tonight around 9 or 10 central, and then the Spurs tommorrow night around the same time.

Hopefully. :x

I refuse to allow my playoff seeding come down to a coin flip.

Mrbob said:
Ok I'm playing the Pistons tonight around 9 or 10 central, and then the Spurs tommorrow night around the same time.

Hopefully. :x

I refuse to allow my playoff seeding come down to a coin flip.
pistons on my schedule too. anachronous one, let's play afterwards.

Mrbob

I can still get the four seed if I win my last two and phoenix loses their last four. :lol

Go go Smokey coin flip go!

Mrbob

Off topic, but posted here so FMT can see it. Check out the Bears schedule next year!

Home

Detroit
Green Bay
Minnesota
Arizona
St. Louis
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia

Away
Detroit
Green Bay
Minnesota
San Francisco
Seattle
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Atlanta

See something on the schedule interesting! Looks like we get to give traitor mike his just desserts! He'll be pulling down his pants again at halftime after the Bears run through your porous team next year!

lol i know we're playing the NFC North next year. 4 easy wins. we're going to kick the living shit out of the bears. unfortunately for you, nolan isn't around anymore and samuri mike wont put up with garbage on the field.

meanwhile, your defense is now old as fuck, your offense is horrible, and even your special teams, once a bright spot on your team, is crumbling.

the only team in your division that might give us a competitive game is the vikings, but only if their starting QB is donovan mcnabb. otherwise, welcome to blowout city minnesoter!

Detroit Pistons
Chicago Bulls
Miami Heat
i wont have much time after tonight, so if any of you 3 can squeeze in their games against the hawks tonight, that would be great!

AirBrian

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol i know we're playing the NFC North next year. 4 easy wins. we're going to kick the living shit out of the bears. unfortunately for you, nolan isn't around anymore and samuri mike wont put up with garbage on the field.

meanwhile, your defense is now old as fuck, your offense is horrible, and even your special teams, once a bright spot on your team, is crumbling.

the only team in your division that might give us a competitive game is the vikings, but only if their starting QB is donovan mcnabb. otherwise, welcome to blowout city minnesoter!
I know this is Mrbob's fight, but bitch please, Neckbeard in his full sexy neck beard is going to pass for 300+ yards with 3 TDs and 0 INTs!

Mrbob

Airbrian FMT speaks out of jealousy, having to resort to needing a Bears legend to save their team. :D

Oh and Spurs and Pistons owner I am home now if you want to play.

ecnal

gg dcx, nail biter.

im now absolutely convinced that this game is trying to dice roll me.

again, people just missing wide open shots, airballing 3 ft shots, etc.

that or it's lag.

DiddyBop

welp,my fate now rests in the spurs hands, all i can do is assume im in and prepare for the rockets... baron davis is no stranger to killing giants as seen in the 2007 playoffs,hopefully he can bring that mentality to my clippers:lol

AirBrian said:
Oh, and can any of my opponents play tonight?

Smokey, let's roll!

I'm ready to go now. Have to leave in about an hour though and don't know when I'll get back tonight. So if we go like in the next hour that would be best.

edit: Scratch that. I'll play a little later if you are still on. Or tomorrow.

Top Bottom