• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Smokey

FINAL WEEK OF THE SEASON

STANDINGS

Platinum Division:

1. Blazers
  2. Lakers
  3. Pistons
  4. Suns
  5. Hornets
  6. Raptors
  7. Magic
  8. Bulls
    --
  9. Bucks
  10. 76ers
  11. Bobcats

Gold Division:
  1. Rockets
  2. Heat
  3. Mavs
  4. Jazz
  5. Cavs
  6. Nuggets
  7. Hawks
  8. Clippers
    --
  9. Spurs
  10. Nets
  11. Knicks

Final week of the season. I call this Death week. Some on the fence will make into the playoffs...others will perish into the darkness. The choice...is yours!

Friday January 2nd is the deadline

GG smokey.

I can't believe I choked at the line with Redd. I also got pissed so many times in the game when it just seemed like you got every loose rebound or loose ball

and good lord you could probably tell i was pissed when i went down by 14. i dont think i've ever mashed the shoot button so hard in my life, and stoudemire's dunks just made me feel better :lol

but i finally played a competitive game with you, and i didn't go over the PIP limit. makes me feel better about the playoffs

Mrbob

Oh my god. I actually lost that game due to playing manual defense.

It was a good game FMT, but good grief I was getting pissed off at all the blocks I had that game which I didn't get the ball back and turned into points for you. You got double digit points that game because I blocked the damn ball, and it goes flailing. Somehow one of your other players grab it and it leaves me defense out of position, pass to the open guy and hit the shot.

Mrbob

Smokey how do I get the ball back after making a block? I've had this problem all year to be honest. I'll block a guy, and somehow the offense recovers the ball and my defense is in shambles because all the cpu guys go for the ball leaving them out of place. Then its an easy open shot.

Mrbob said:
Smokey how do I get the ball back after making a block? I've had this problem all year to be honest. I'll block a guy, and somehow the offense recovers the ball and my defense is in shambles because all the cpu guys go for the ball leaving them out of place. Then its an easy open shot.

yeah, smokey is definitely the right person to ask. I would know.

yeah your D finally showed up in the 4th bob. cut it to 10 i think and i thought i might blow it. my worst game of the season (% wise) with dirk, but stack and kidd saved me. our shooting %, PIP, blocks, second chance points all pretty much evened out. the difference was FT's and turnovers.

peja was fucking ice cold in the 4th :lol dirk was ice cold all game basically :(

Smokey

GG smokey.

I can't believe I choked at the line with Redd. I also got pissed so many times in the game when it just seemed like you got every loose rebound or loose ball

and good lord you could probably tell i was pissed when i went down by 14. i dont think i've ever mashed the shoot button so hard in my life, and stoudemire's dunks just made me feel better

but i finally played a competitive game with you, and i didn't go over the PIP limit. makes me feel better about the playoffs

Yeah good game. You gave me a good run. I was all out of sync that game man. I knew you were going to make that push and you did a good job of getting back in the game. That 3 TMAC hit w/ 46 seconds left was clutch! I think I was only up by 1 and Hill gave me too much room (I think you thought I was gonna throw it to Yao) and you backed off just enough for him to rise up and nail it. I couldn't believe Artest fouled him on that 3 pt jumpshot. I didn't even look to see if you hit the 3...i just immediately let my head down and let out a satisfying FUCK!

Even though I didn't play my best I enjoyed that game, and those types of games in general.

I usually quickly icon switch to the closest defender to the ball when this happens. Because I'm crazy I automatically know which players correspond to which button so it's like 2nd nature for me to quickly switch to whomever I want to.

Good game ecnal too. I believe Alston has emerged as my 5th legit scorer on my squad. Had 22 in the Jazz game (4/5 behind arc) and had 11 in the game against Suns but was 3/4 behind the arc.

As mentioned before Cerrius is banned for 1 month from GAF, so you'll have to get at him on XBL.

yeah dude that game was so emotional for me. i kept slamming the desk everytime i tried to defend you and failed and my sister was like WTF is going on from the other room

Smokey

Looking at the standings in the Gold conference...looks tight.

Seeds 6-8 all have 12 losses and have the same record, while seeds 4-5 are only separated by 1 game.

god bless you dirk.... 54 points including the game winning J from about 15 in odens mug.

gg breezy. i said give me a fucking break when i got that and 1 call on Roy. thought i would lose after that, but mcgirk wouldn't be denied.

lol, yea "BAILOUT" on that and 1 for Roy.

It was a total buzzkill on that last play though, ball just flies out of Roy's hand with 2.8 seconds left because it hits Terry's kneecap or something.

edit: And I wonder how long Aldridge is out, fucking thanks Dirkheim - in addition to dropping 54 effortlessly you proceeded to shatter my 2nd best player's ankle.

BigAT

@ Philadelphia 76ers
@ San Antonio Spurs
@ Charlotte Bobcats
@ Dallas Mavericks
Detroit Pistons

I don't know if anyone will actually be around today, but let me know if you want to get our game in.

Mrbob

Hey just because the bottom half of the platinum division is under .500 doesn't mean a hot race isn't going on! :lol

The battle for 5-6-7 spot is going down to the wire. I think I just need one more win to clinch a playoff spot, but I don't want to play the Blazers after the 79-44 beating he gave me. :lol Of course I can't stop Kobe, nor the Suns. Maybe my best bet is the pistons, but they'll bounce me out of the first round too! Well I need to get their first, but I would be happy just making the playoffs!

yeah that last play was kinda bogus, it reminded me of my inbounds pass against smokey when i was only down 2 points with 8 seconds left or something and fucking yao ming comes out of t-macs asshole for the steal. frustrating when that happens, i would have rather have air balled a shot than that happen.

yeah but that wasn't on the last play of the game! you stopped mcgirk, but you forgot to stop kidd!

next season is going to suck if i dont get the mavs. i dont know how i will succeed without someone like dirk. i dont even need to be open to shoot with him, i dont need to drive to the basket. he can basically catch and shoot over anyone not named yao ming and have great success. oh dirk :(

Mrbob

Damn Kidd. I had a hand in that guys face on almost all his shots and he would swish them.

But yeah, I'm trying to figure out how I'll have the time to try and learn a new team for season 2. It's been a big struggle trying to learn the hornets, and I think I'm starting to figure the team out as we head into the end of the season. Now I'll have to start all over! :x

Smokey

i hope you guys do what you gotta do to get your games played.

i don't want to be simming a billion games for the last week of the season. week 4 was the best week where i only had to sim like 5 games...and then last week it shot right back up.

PM, XBL, post here do something :(

how the fuck did i lose to zep?? fucking coin toss!!
oh well.

Detroit Pistons
Milwaukee Bucks
Los Angeles Lakers
Chicago Bulls
Miami Heat

hit me up today. i'll be available after 2pm PST today.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Holy crap! I lost 3 of 4 games to coin tosses. Dang Smokey. Get a better coin. I was hella available until Monday and Tuesday this week. Hate losing when I was around and able to play.

Well my work day only went 18 hours yesterday. I think my store is setup and now I'm home till boxing day (the 26th). I should have time to play a bit in between wrapping gifts and such.

Bucks
Lakers
Bulls
Heat
Rockets

Nice easy week to finish out the season.

Smokey I am playing you last. So don't even ask man. Don't even ask. :)

Smokey

Truelize said:
Holy crap! I lost 3 of 4 games to coin tosses. Dang Smokey. Get a better coin. I was hella available until Monday and Tuesday this week. Hate losing when I was around and able to play.

Well my work day only went 18 hours yesterday. I think my store is setup and now I'm home till boxing day (the 26th). I should have time to play a bit in between wrapping gifts and such.

Bucks
Lakers
Bulls
Heat
Rockets

Nice easy week to finish out the season.

Smokey I am playing you last. So don't even ask man. Don't even ask. :)

:lol

well i mean tuesday was the deadline and yah..

playing me last? okay..well..get your games played then. i don't like waiting until the last minute to play.

i'd say this is a critical week for you. 1 game separates you from 5th (where you are now) and 8th.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Boobcats can't play at 9EST. Since I have a child, you can imagine what I will be in the middle of then. ;)

Perhaps on the 26th?

other opponents:

when can you play?

i think i still have the clippers (sorry about last night dude! i didn't see you on anymore so i played the hawks), uhhhhhhhh... nets (konex hit me up!), and one more team.... i can't remember who it is.

i dont know if i can play tonight bc its my dads bday and ill have to go to my parents house, but maybe LATER tonight i could play. let me know fellas!

ecnal

ive got knicks, suns, nuggets, and sixers. i may be able to play a game today, post here if you think you can play.

Top Bottom