• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

daw840

Alright guys, tomorrow I am going over to my friends house where my xbox is. I will be there in the afternoon (CST). So post on here if you need to play the nuggets. I should be able to get at least 2, hopefully 3, games in. If I'm lucky, and people respond, I could get 4 in. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up to try and work with your schedule.

DiddyBop said:
best of 7 each round? these playoffs wont end until june:lol

Since your playing the same person you could play double or triple headers to make it go faster!:D

daw840

New Jersey Nets
Orlando Magic
New York Knicks
Phoenix Suns

Are any of these teams going to be around in a couple of hours?

Smokey

TRUELIZE

today..SUN JAN 4TH..can you play.

it's like kicking myself in the balls over and over trying to get a response from you!!!:lol

Mrbob

The two teams directly behind me have three games and four games to play this week yet...which is somewhat crappy since coin flips will now determine my playoff seeding.

daw840

Well, I was available pretty much all weekend, not one of the three available teams (sans Pheeniks) posted that they were available. Sorry everyone, but my playoff hopes now rest on the flip of a coin...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Mrbob said:
Wow Smokey on the verge of blowing a huge 2nd half lead against True. :eek:

yeah the game smoothed out for me in the third quarter, I finally started hitting some shots and came back. The last three minutes were pretty intense. Was an awesome game.

If I wouldn't have had to take that crappy loss against the Bucks due to lag I would have a four game win streak going into the playoffs. That would have been nice.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Wow Smokey on the verge of blowing a huge 2nd half lead against True. :eek:

yes i did and it was amazing. 2nd loss. great timing!

im in the process of sorting out the playoff tree..the game fucked up...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Did Zep just win like 3 coin tosses to jump past me into the playoffs?

:lol :lol :lol

If i cared about this game id be fuming right now

Smokey

CB3 said:
Did Zep just win like 3 coin tosses to jump past me into the playoffs?

:lol :lol :lol

If i cared about this game id be fuming right now

oh don't worry..game fucked up so he's not in and he should be technically ill post more in a second.

Smokey

Alright so what happened was the game completely ignored the divisions I setup and went by overall W/L for playoff seeding. So basically it listed the best teams 1-16 and went off of that. Here are the matchups:

Raptors
Rockets

Pistons
Cavs

Hawks
Mavs

Clippers
Jazz

opposite site of bracket

Magic
Heat

Suns
Nuggets

Hornets
Blazers

Spurs
Lakers

Team listed on bottom is the home team. Although this is not accurate in the from a divisional standpoint, it is accurate from aN overall W/L point of view. I mean 9 teams from the Platinum division got in compared to 7 from Gold division because of the record.

So I'm thinking I will leave it how it is. It sucks that the divisions were ignored, but it's not going to be accurate even if I move the matchups around b/c more teams from Platinum division got in than Gold.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wait, so the nuggets are playing in the opposite conference in the playoffs?

Well it's going by overall W/L, but that's just how it came out. I'm playing Raptors from opposite conference, so is Pistons, Magic, and Lakers too.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
too bad it doesn't let you put the matchups as you want them :(

I can. I haven't finalized it yet. But what I'm saying is, if I do that it's still going to be messed up because there's 9 platinum teams in compared to 7 gold.

i meant i wish it would let you put which playoff teams are in and which teams aren't, and then the matchups too

post when the final schedule is done so we can start!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i meant i wish it would let you put which playoff teams are in and which teams aren't, and then the matchups too

post when the final schedule is done so we can start!

I'll finalize it in probably 30 minutes, my g/f is using the TV now and I have to do it through the 360.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I don't like how it is now because it's not likely that FMT and I will matchup at all. And if it would have kept it as conferences we would have played in the first round. The one matchup I wanted too. It would have been a battle.

As is I don't even recall playing the Pistons this season so I have no clue what to expect. Which is kinda cool too. And then if I get past them I will likely have to deal with the Rockets again, and if today shows Smokey and I anything is that it could be an awesome series.

Looking forward to it guys.

Smokey

PLAYOFFS ARE ON!

Raptors
Rockets

Pistons
Cavs

Hawks
Mavs

Clippers
Jazz

opposite site of bracket

Magic
Heat

Suns
Nuggets

Hornets
Blazers

Spurs
Lakers

I'm not sure on what a reasonable deadline for this would be so I'm going to leave it open for now. It's best of 7 series. If I have to sim any playoff games you fail and won't be lookin' to good for season 7 if you want in! Seriously though this is when it counts obviously so...get em played?

Best of luck to you all!

DiddyBop

smokey,you dodged a bullet there...but you wont get so lucky in the later rounds,you'll eventually run into us,and thats where your cinderalla season stops

Mrbob

Ok I'm thoroughly confused...why do I have the Blazers?

Not that it matters but doesn't 4 play 5 in the conference? Here is to getting my ass kicked either way. :D

Smokey

DiddyBop said:
smokey,you dodged a bullet there...but you wont get so lucky in the later rounds,you'll eventually run into us,and thats where your cinderalla season stops

no you dodged a bullet i was pumped up to put you out of playoffs..im talkin about dishin out an ass whippin and injuring Gordon. But 2K Gods decided to let you live!

Mrbob

Kirby do you have aim?

If so add me:

mrbob2k1

Easier to try to hook up and play a game.

I knew i would have trouble in the playoffs, but I'm not looking forward to playing the guy who gave me my biggest beating this year. :lol

DiddyBop

Smokey said:
no you dodged a bullet i was pumped up to put you out of playoffs..im talkin about dishin out an ass whippin and injuring Gordon. But 2K Gods decided to let you live!
gordon will show tmac exactly why he is a fallen star. that is if tmac's back/knee/shoulder/ear holds up for more than 2 games in a row.

Smokey

DiddyBop said:
gordon will show tmac exactly why he is a fallen star. that is if tmac's back/knee/shoulder/ear holds up for more than 2 games in a row.

:lol :lol

lets get it i hope gordon breaks his ankle in your first game.

AkaBalla

These matchups are fucked..:lol

I am the #2 seed and might be playing the #1 seed Blazers in the 2nd round..

Smokey!! What are you smoking?

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
These matchups are fucked..:lol

I am the #2 seed and might be playing the #1 seed Blazers in the 2nd round..

Smokey!! What are you smoking?

how you know you even get to 2nd round?! gotta get past 1st for you get to 2nd! And I didn't do it that's how the standings came out!

And besides I've gotten hosed before in playoffs when I had the Magic, but if you're a good enough player (and you are) you should be able to overcome it.

AkaBalla

Smokey said:
how you know you even get to 2nd round?! gotta get past 1st for you get to 2nd! And I didn't do it that's how the standings came out!

And besides I've gotten hosed before in playoffs when I had the Magic, but if you're a good enough player (and you are) you should be able to overcome it.

Well i never said i was definitly going to win my first round game.. I said Might be matched up vs the #1 seed in round 2..

Yes Smokey i know what i'm capable of..:)

AkaBalla

Hunter D!

Can you play 2 games tonight? Im online right now..

Do you have aim?

I sent you a friends request through XBL

Whats your schedule for the rest of the week?

Im available Mon,Weds and Thurs 9p-11p est and Tues 10p-11p est..

I might be avail some mornings but i'm hit or miss..

daw840

Well, this is wonderful. I have possibly the worst availability of anyone right now and I play Pheeniks who is without a working 360.:lol

Pheeniks, let me know when you get your box back and we will have to set up a time to get a few games in.

ecnal

DiddyBop said:
lance,can you play two games tmw?

possibly, sorry, i was traveling home today.

i honestly don't know if i'll be able to play tomorrow--i can post here later tomorrow and let you know.

weird playoff scheme :lol

edit: when were you looking to play tomorrow diddy?

DMczaf

So instead of playing the 3rd seed in my conference, im playing the 2nd best record in the league.

Yeah, that's fair....

Top Bottom