• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Smokey said:
What's so bad about him?
you know when a girl goes down on ya. You're about to violate her face and then decides to stop because she feels the relationship is going to fast. And moments later you get blue balls?
...yeah, something like that.

DiddyBop

DiddyBop said:
fuckin finally baron davis decides to show up and play. when he does well we usually win ball games,but knowing him he will shoot 1-30 next game and force gordon to carry the offensive load,lazy ass.

corey fucking brewer is gonna start pissing me off if he keeps making layups regardless of how many ppl are in the key

i predicted the future!:lol

ecnal

DiddyBop said:
i predicted the future!:lol

been doing it all season.

he has like one of the highest FG % in the league. dude is pretty ridiculous in this game.

ps; his name is ronnie brewer :p

Mrbob

Oh and I'm really getting sick of getting called on fouls on contested shots. :p This is bordering on ludicrous now. :/

Beginning of the 3rd, I have 10 fouls to his 1? Cmon now.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Those season awards are garbage. Complete garbage. Ron Artest's 10 points a game gets him on an All NBA team? Where is Beasley? Where is Lebron?

That hurts a little bit you know.

How does Lebron come in second in the league in steals and not get onto a defensive team? How does Wade not make it onto the first defensive team?

ASStacular. :lol

CB3 said:
So whos down for a Fantasy Draft season?

I am NOT! They never work. If you guys decide to go fantasy draft then I'm out. Which really sucks because there isn't a game on my shelf that I enjoy playing more than this one.

ecnal

seriously wtf is with this game.

korver is shooting like 9/40 for the series so far :lol

like 90% of those shots are wide open, un-contested shots. this is driving me absolutely insane... at least harpring turned into a beast :lol

Smokey

Truelize said:
Those season awards are garbage. Complete garbage. Ron Artest's 10 points a game gets him on an All NBA team? Where is Beasley? Where is Lebron?

That hurts a little bit you know.

How does Lebron come in second in the league in steals and not get onto a defensive team? How does Wade not make it onto the first defensive team?

ASStacular. :lol

Sorry you're wrong!

Ron Ron was a beast and he is 100% deserving of being All NBA first team.

ecnal

ROFL right after i say korver can't hit a shot, he goes lights out.

still doesn't make sense though.... same exact looks he's been getting the entire series.

DiddyBop

ecnal said:
seriously wtf is with this game.

korver is shooting like 9/40 for the series so far :lol

like 90% of those shots are wide open, un-contested shots. this is driving me absolutely insane... at least harpring turned into a beast :lol
please...do not complain,my team absolutely sucks,our defensive awareness is retarded,and nobody wants to hit an open jumper.you got guys that dont know how to miss on the fast break drive to the bucket,and nash is sooooo fake,it hurts:lol

CB3 said:
So whos down for a Fantasy Draft season?

ME

True what is wrong with a fantasy league? we have a lot of people in this league and teams won't be so stacked

also, do you want redd to own you again viakdo?

and my xbox didn't ship today. maybe tomorrow :(

DiddyBop

when we shoot 39% and let our opponent shoot 61% we will not win many ball games. as a coach,there was nothin else i could do,if im perfect releasing wide open shots and we wanna miss,its out of my control. why was gordon ten feet away from his defender on that play i replayed? why did our big men keep switchin onto guards? SMH,im ready for season 7:lol

ecnal

DiddyBop said:
please...do not complain,my team absolutely sucks,our defensive awareness is retarded,and nobody wants to hit an open jumper.you got guys that dont know how to miss on the fast break drive to the bucket,and nash is sooooo fake,it hurts:lol

meh, that was after our last game.

regardless of what just happened, korver throwing up the same shots for 3 games, and 2 games he shoots like 20%, the third he hits nearly all his shots makes no sense.

just doesn't make sense. this last game was bound to happen man... i've been getting wide open jumpers the entire series--just a matter of time before they started dropping.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yes im down viak. dont be late.... i need to finish before my gf gets home from work (turning tricks tonight)

I slipped your girl another 20. It will be a couple hours till she gets there

ecnal

DiddyBop said:
when we shoot 39% and let our opponent shoot 61% we will not win many ball games. as a coach,there was nothin else i could do,if im perfect releasing wide open shots and we wanna miss,its out of my control. why was gordon ten feet away from his defender on that play i replayed? why did our big men keep switchin onto guards? SMH,im ready for season 7:lol

when you sub in gordon, i run the majority of my plays at him on offense.

he has horrible d-awareness and he often gets stuck in screens for days :lol

it's basically the only way i can counter gordon effectively--he scores, i can run a number of guys at him all game long to make it a tic-for-tac affair.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
pheeniks said:
True what is wrong with a fantasy league? we have a lot of people in this league and teams won't be so stacked

Yes they will be stacked. The strategy of having to know when to play your bench guys and what lineup will stay effective is lost when all 12 players are good performers. I don't enjoy the lack of strategy. I also find that people start bailing early on those seasons, don't know why but they do, it has always happened that way.

thank god for jerry stackhouse.

if you told me i would win a game where mcgirk scored 7 points and kidd scored 8 (i think), i would have told you to gtfo.

but stackhouse poured in 18 4th quarter points. i basically couldn't miss with him. that, coupled with some good/fortunate D in the 4th let me win the game.

i've held serve viak. now to atlanta!

p.s. i agree with truelize unless you are going to put a limit on certain types of players that can be drafted.

oh also shane battier had 20 points and was 8/8 shooting (4/4 from downtown!)

but damn dirk was 3/17. i just can't do anything against the hawks D. either kirilenko or bynum are always on him and he can't do shit with them. i want to play a team with a bad defense so dirk can get his playoff accolades :(

but, we've got 22 teams playing in this league...there are 30 teams in real life. about 8 of them are shitty. it really wouldn't be bad and nobody would be put at a "disadvantage"

unless you drafted like shit

but it's in snake order so it's really good imo

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
pheeniks said:
but, we've got 22 teams playing in this league...there are 30 teams in real life. about 8 of them are shitty. it really wouldn't be bad and nobody would be put at a "disadvantage"

unless you drafted like shit

but it's in snake order so it's really good imo

But what is better about that then learning how to play with your own team? I have loved the fact that I have figured out a lineup that works for me. I've learned how I can use certain players and learned their strengths. My lineup isn't very good at all, but I've figured out how to maximize them in a lot of situations. That is what is awesome about this game. And that is what I most enjoy.

I mean I did one trade this season and that was to get Stuckey on day one. I'm a fan of his and I like his speed (his shot is horrible but oh well). But having him coming off the bench completely changes how I use my team.

I think the only people that are going to want to do the fantasy draft will be people that did too many trades this year and killed their teams. Or are people that feel that they would really enjoy the draft part of it. I would have fun doing the draft, but if I didn't wind up getting the one of two players that I really wanted then it's much worse than not getting to pick your team. I pick the Cavs because I know I'll like using at least 3 or 4 of the players. But if I take the Cavs in the fantasy draft and get no one I really care for because I'm in a situation where I need to pick the best available player then it's not as fun for me.

Make sense?

Truelize said:
But what is better about that then learning how to play with your own team? I have loved the fact that I have figured out a lineup that works for me. I've learned how I can use certain players and learned their strengths. My lineup isn't very good at all, but I've figured out how to maximize them in a lot of situations. That is what is awesome about this game. And that is what I most enjoy.

I mean I did one trade this season and that was to get Stuckey on day one. I'm a fan of his and I like his speed (his shot is horrible but oh well). But having him coming off the bench completely changes how I use my team.

I think the only people that are going to want to do the fantasy draft will be people that did too many trades this year and killed their teams. Or are people that feel that they would really enjoy the draft part of it. I would have fun doing the draft, but if I didn't wind up getting the one of two players that I really wanted then it's much worse than not getting to pick your team. I pick the Cavs because I know I'll like using at least 3 or 4 of the players. But if I take the Cavs in the fantasy draft and get no one I really care for because I'm in a situation where I need to pick the best available player then it's not as fun for me.

Make sense?

it is time to expand your game and learn how to use anybody besides lebron!

it'll be a lot of fun. i love playing with all kinds of guys, it opens up a different part of the game you know? there are plenty of other championship caliber guys you could learn to use

and keep in mind. lebron doesn't have shit in real life!

DiddyBop

why dont we just have a vote for the fantasy draft? this is a democracy dammit! unless stalin and hitler over there have already made up their minds that season 7 will use real teams:lol which i kinda prefer right now anyways.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
pheeniks said:

it'll be a lot of fun. i love playing with all kinds of guys, it opens up a different part of the game you know? there are plenty of other championship caliber guys you could learn to use

and keep in mind. lebron doesn't have shit in real life!

Really out of my whole post that is what you get out of it? Wow.

It's not a matter of having championship guys or having a guy that is rated 99 that is important. It's actually liking the players you have. Lets say it's my pick in the draft, I don't have a pg and Chris Paul is on the board. Logically he is the "best" choice to take at this pick because of his rating etc... But I'm not a fan of Chris Paul's. He's awesome but I wouldn't look forward to using him in the game. Do I pass on Paul and not get a top tier guard? Or do I pick him and live with it?

That is why I enjoy using real teams more. I pick a team that I like and cheer for. And then I find ways to use everyone effectively. It's more fun for me to figure out how to use Sasha and Wally well then to have a higher rated player at that position. Because with my guys I have to make really good choices of when I shoot, if they were rated higher I would play a much more arcadey style just because I know I could hit more shots.

Time and possession is what makes this game exciting. How much time is left and how important is this possession? That's basketball to me.

Truelize said:

It's not a matter of having championship guys or having a guy that is rated 99 that is important. It's actually liking the players you have. Lets say it's my pick in the draft, I don't have a pg and Chris Paul is on the board. Logically he is the "best" choice to take at this pick because of his rating etc... But I'm not a fan of Chris Paul's. He's awesome but I wouldn't look forward to using him in the game. Do I pass on Paul and not get a top tier guard? Or do I pick him and live with it?

That is why I enjoy using real teams more. I pick a team that I like and cheer for. And then I find ways to use everyone effectively. It's more fun for me to figure out how to use Sasha and Wally well then to have a higher rated player at that position. Because with my guys I have to make really good choices of when I shoot, if they were rated higher I would play a much more arcadey style just because I know I could hit more shots.

Time and possession is what makes this game exciting. How much time is left and how important is this possession? That's basketball to me.

so what I deduce from this is that you are a cavs fan

lebron can't be the only guy you like....if that's the case i feel sorry for you (don't take offense it's just my typical lebron hating)
and besides. isn't the possibility of having lebron AND ray allen on the same team appealing?

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
pheeniks said:
Holy shit. I've played True three times this season/postseason, and I've NEVER played against someone who uses Lebron so conservatively --- almost breaking realism with how LITTLE he's involved in each offensive possession. This is only my anecdotal evidence, but to me, True is the "fairest" Cavs player that I've encountered, and certainly has not spammed me with LeBron James.

And on the matter of a new season --- I'll have to sit the next one out. The wife is 8.5 months pregnant, and I'm barely getting my games in as it is. Once we have a third child in the house it's gonna be bedlam for a while, and I likely won't be able to meet the scheduling requirements of another season.

ecnal

Truelize said:

while i like the idea of just using regular teams again, i don't really understand what you have against a draft. one of the best aspects of this league is the GM/coach side--managing teams, calling plays, utilizing players, etc. adding a draft can only deepen that aspect of our league. it allows people to draft players that are best suited to their intended style of play--rather than getting stuck with a team that may or may not play the way they like to.

plus, because for some reason you think that everyone is going to have a team stacked of 90+ rated players, it will create more competition within the league. teams will be more evenly balanced rather than a handful of teams having multiple 90+ rated players.

also, there aren't that many 90+ rated players (these are pulled from the day 1 rosters the game had, obviously this is slightly changed, but still reasonably close):

PG's with 90+ rating: 7
SG's with 90+ rating: 5
SF's with 90+ rating: 4
PF's with 90+ rating: 9
C's with 90+ rating: 2

just my 2 cents. i really don't mind playing either way--draft or team selection.

Smokey

kirbybreezy said:
Is Season Seven going to be next year with 2k10 or this year with 2k9?

2k9. we usually do 2-3 seasons with the game. by the time 3rd season is over the next version is usually a month or so away.

My series with the Raptors is over, and I await the winner of Cavs/Pistons.

Good games BigAT.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey said:
My series with the Raptors is over, and I await the winner of Truelize.
Fixed. :(

My jump shooters have been pretty damn broken in our first two games, and I haven't been able to hold an early lead when I got one. We're headed back to the Palace tonight, so I'm hoping my fortunes turn.

Top Bottom