• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Mrbob

Damn. Portland ESCAPES in game 1.

That game was kind of bullshit though. :lol

I kept on getting called on fouls, and I got killed on offensive rebounds. :/

Plus when I'm up by 1 he gets a tip in OVER MY GUYS BACK and no call. Then I had the ball with 20 seconds left to win the game. I move backwards and somehow I get called for a charge. Then I steal the inbounds pass with 2.5 seconds left and it won't let me call a timeout. Bleh.

OH well, thems the breaks. I better get a game gifted to me now. :lol

Mrbob said:
Damn. Portland ESCAPES in game 1.

That game was kind of bullshit though. :lol

I kept on getting called on fouls, and I got killed on offensive rebounds. :/

Plus when I'm up by 1 he gets a tip in OVER MY GUYS BACK and no call. Then I had the ball with 20 seconds left to win the game. I move backwards and somehow I get called for a charge. Then I steal the inbounds pass with 2.5 seconds left and it won't let me call a timeout. Bleh.

OH well, thems the breaks. I better get a game gifted to me now. :lol

That sucks man. I wonder why it didn't let you call timeout. I would have flipped a shit. Close games have a tendency to end pretty gayly in 2k9 I've found.

god bless you jason kidd

i don't think dirk can dominate this series. the D of AK 47 and the apparent hall-of-famer-to-be andruw bynum means i cant get easy buckets! but thats fine, ill do what i do!

p.s. when can you play again viak?

DiddyBop

fuckin finally baron davis decides to show up and play. when he does well we usually win ball games,but knowing him he will shoot 1-30 next game and force gordon to carry the offensive load,lazy ass.

ecnal

won't matter. my connection is garbage to you for w/e reason. i'm assuming you're probably on the opposite side of the continent from me (california).

hopefully i continue to miss wide open shots and get iso-motioned to death by baron davis. should be a fun series.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
god bless you jason kidd

i don't think dirk can dominate this series. the D of AK 47 and the apparent hall-of-famer-to-be andruw bynum means i cant get easy buckets! but thats fine, ill do what i do!

p.s. when can you play again viak?
tomorrow around 10pm pst. if not, then wednesday after work.

DiddyBop

why the hell is jason kidd still wettin threes? of any player i get soo pissed when ftm wets with him.:lol

and lance,i live in toronto canada so i am pretty far from you.i honestly dont expect baron to have that type of game again,and i dont expect korver to shoot so badly either,youve pretty much killed me our past few scrimmages. corey fucking brewer is gonna start pissing me off if he keeps making layups regardless of how many ppl are in the key:lol

and ive learned that if nash if continues to burn me from deep,i should go right at him,before id shy away and use gordon but nash is a pretty poor defender so i have to go right at him.

ecnal

it's all good. i dunno what's with my connection lately--the last like 4 games i've played have been absolutely horrible. that or the last few games have just been vs people fairly far away from me.

i do like how nash just walks down the court (while gatorade'd, i think 1 bar of energy) and rails a 3 from a few feet past half court. thanks 2K9, korver can't hit a single wide open shot but apparently nash has no range. :lol

DiddyBop

i havent checked the ratings,but nash must be at least a 92 from deep,im surprised you were relatively conservative from deep with him today.and that little rat korver gets on the fast break with the quickness after a missed shot,dude instantly disappears and reappears at the other end:lol now im not sure who i hate more,korver or brewer

Smokey

DMczaf said:
So instead of playing the 3rd seed in my conference, im playing the 2nd best record in the league.

Yeah, that's fair....

Yeah it's like the divisional and conference standings were just there for fun, and not actually taken into account by the game.

And BigAT I'm around all day tomorrow. Hopefully we can get 1 or 2 games in.

This is also why I don't wear a mic when I play(NSFW!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ9P4qgBeSk&feature=channel_page :lol :lol

Has to be one of the greatest Youtube videos I've ever seen.

I pretty much sound like this :lol, not as much cussing but the general idea is there . I get too into it sometimes:lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If anyone who is not in the playoffs would like to play some scrimmage games, I am interested. Just send me a PM or a message on XBL or AIM.

DMczaf

Smokey said:
Yeah it's like the divisional and conference standings were just there for fun, and not actually taken into account by the game.

So NBA2K leagues still don't have divisions and conferences :lol

I guess it goes back on the wishlist for NBA2K10!

Smokey

pheeniks said:
"Aiite that was my bad I can't even blame the game for that one"
:lol

The Carmelo line and the rebound line he says has me :lol every time. If I'm in a bad mood all I gotta do is watch that video and I feel a little better. Classic.

DMczaf said:
So NBA2K leagues still don't have divisions and conferences :lol

I guess it goes back on the wishlist for NBA2K10!

I dunno :/. It looks like it does but at the same time it doesn't.

It's very strange.

DiddyBop

i cant wear a mic with ppl i dont know because i talk wayyyy too much. i sound like a true nba head coach every single game:lol

jason kidd is a fairy.
jasonkidd-funny.jpg

ecnal

DiddyBop said:
i cant wear a mic with ppl i dont know because i talk wayyyy too much. i sound like a true nba head coach every single game:lol

hey diddy, some stuff opened up later tonight.

i'll be home somewhere between 6pm PST and 7pm PST if you want to get in a few games.

korver always leaks out when you take long 3s if he's contesting them, same with brewer.

pheeniks said:
if we're doing a fantasy draft he's MINE
i'll trade bibby for nash.
btw, smokey, whats the protocol on picking teams next season? shittiest record gets first dibs? draft? i need to know. the most active GM needs to know the cards before its dealt!

Smokey

Here are the Awards for Season 6 given out by 2K9:

Most Valuable Player : Tracy Lamar McGrady Jr (Rockets)
Defensive Player : Yao Ming (Rockets)
Rookie of the year: Greg Oden (Blazers)
Most Improved Player: Willie Solomon (Raptors)

ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM:

Jason Kidd (Mavs)
Tracy McGrady (Rockets)
Ron Artest (Rockets)
Chris Bosh (Raptors)
Yao Ming (Rockets)

ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM

Baron Davis (Clippers)
Dwayne Wade (Heat)
Peja Stojakovic (Hornets)
LaMarcus Aldridge (Blazers)
Dwight Howard (Magic)

ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM

Jose Calderon (Raptors)
Allen Iverson (Rockets)
Rashard Lewis (Magic)
Dirk Nowitzki (Mavs)
Greg Oden (Blazers)

ALL-DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM

Jason Kidd (Mavs)
Tracy McGrady (Rockets)
Al Thorton (Clippers)
Chirs Bosh (raptors)
Yao Ming (Rockets)

ALL-DEFENSIVE SECOND TEAM

Baron Davis (Clippers)
Dwayne Wade (Heat)
Ron Artest (Rockets)
Andrea Bargnani (Raptors)
Greg Oden (Blazers)

ALL-ROOKIES FIRST TEAM

Jerryd Bayless (Blazers)
Eric Gordon (Clippers)
Nicolas Batum (Blazers)
Michael Beasley (Heat)
Greg Oden (Blazers)

ALL-ROOKIES SECOND TEAM

Roko Ukic (Raptors)
Courtney Lee (Magic)
Joe Alexander (Bucks)
Joey Dorsey (Rockets)
Kosta Koufos (Jazz)

DCX

DCX
Jamal Crawford not getting an award is bullshit! The man was 4th in the league in scoring with a high FG %! 2K sucks.

DCX

DiddyBop

if it went by stats eric gordon wouldve made first team,24 pts a game in 16 mins,that potent offense,but it goes by your record also,thats why the rockets cleaned up.

DCX

DCX
If it went by over rated player Gordan would have been MVP, but i got the goddam Knicks! Take Crawford away and i would have averaged for a team like 22 pts pg

SCX

Smokey said:

ALL-ROOKIES FIRST TEAM

Jerryd Bayless (Blazers)
Eric Gordon (Clippers)
Nicolas Batum (Blazers)
Michael Beasley (Heat)
Greg Oden (Blazers)

I have never ever, ever played Nicholas Batum. Even if I wanted to I couldn't because of the crappy Lineup bug in the League. He's permanently on Reserve...

Smokey

kirbybreezy said:
I have never ever, ever played Nicholas Batum. Even if I wanted to I couldn't because of the crappy Lineup bug in the League. He's permanently on Reserve...

You can make him active. After you replace who ever is active with him, save it. Just don't go back into the lineup screen or your changes will be erased. As long as you do that, the changes will stick but if you go back in you'll have to do it again.

Smokey said:
You can make him active. After you replace who ever is active with him, save it. Just don't go back into the lineup screen or your changes will be erased. As long as you do that, the changes will stick but if you go back in you'll have to do it again.

I swore I've tried every combination of that to no avail. I'll try again.

Still. The dude has absolutely no stats for the entire season. If you look at them for the season, you get an error message on 2ksports.com

DiddyBop

ecnal said:
hey diddy, some stuff opened up later tonight.

i'll be home somewhere between 6pm PST and 7pm PST if you want to get in a few games.

korver always leaks out when you take long 3s if he's contesting them, same with brewer.
lemme know when youre ready.

Smokey

kirbybreezy said:
I swore I've tried every combination of that to no avail. I'll try again.

Still. The dude has absolutely no stats for the entire season. If you look at them for the season, you get an error message on 2ksports.com

Try again.

I've done it multiple times and did it again before my game against the Raptors earlier and it worked.

viakado said:
there should be an award of shittiest season. Michael "the curse" Redd belongs on that list.

What's so bad about him?

ecnal

well, comcast was out here today upgrading some lines and i mentioned to them that my internet connection has been sketchy as of late. they claimed that due to some service issues, connections were abnormally slow over the last week or so, and that their work today should have fixed the problem.

hopefully this means no more missing wideopen shots for the entire game :lol

Top Bottom