• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll have to think about it :\ Not sure where I would sell my copy since I'm done with ebay now and no one I know would want the game.

Mrbob

I will be NBA2King later tonight.

Matrix get it on 360 so you can crush me! I am the Madden Matrix equivalent of NBA games.

Mrbob

NCAA
0110bobbypetrino.jpg

NBA2K
3e081f5cf22b2-54-1.jpg

I found a better job and made the switch!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
I will be NBA2King later tonight.

Matrix get it on 360 so you can crush me! I am the Madden Matrix equivalent of NBA games.

See I'm half way decent at madden despite what you think.Most of my losses with the Texans were close and I'm 1-1 with the Saints losing to Dm by 3 pts cause of a curse.

I would make you my bitch in this game and that would be a waste of both of our times :)

DMczaf

NBA2K9 has to have the worst online setup I've seen this generation.

:|

I thought this gen was about making games more accessible, I guess the memo didn't get to 2K.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I had an awesome game with Pheeniks tonight. I played offline this past weekend and have some decent sliders. We both got 50% on FG%. The points in the paint weren't guarantees and the three point percentage was pretty much bang on. Fatigue was still out to lunch. We played an 8 minute quarter game and I never had to take Bron or Ben out.

Soon we shall have some nice sliders. Soon.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
NBA2K9 has to have the worst online setup I've seen this generation.

:|

I thought this gen was about making games more accessible, I guess the memo didn't get to 2K.

It's soooooo soooo bad and one of the reasons why I have no desire to even bother picking up a 360 copy and most likely wont.

when are we starting this bitch anyways? probably best to wait a week or so until 2k can get the online portion fixed (or are online leagues as simple as they always were?).

if there is an online league page and lobby it will also help playing exhibitions against one another since we can play with the league sliders. score!

why are there so many cheaters online? :(

btw, great game cerrius. stupid wade, kept on scoring on me. but i like the fact he fell down as much as he does in real life!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
when are we starting this bitch anyways? probably best to wait a week or so until 2k can get the online portion fixed (or are online leagues as simple as they always were?).

if there is an online league page and lobby it will also help playing exhibitions against one another since we can play with the league sliders. score!

We are not starting until the rosters are updated. As far as I know Arenas isn't in the game at the moment, Delonte West isn't on the Cavs. I'm sure there are several others that need to be updated.

Are the leagues even up and available? If tournaments are available we will get one going this week so we can get some practice with the sliders we are testing.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
viakado said:
why are there so many cheaters online? :(
Tell me about it, the only game that I've NOT had someone quit on me is the one that I've lost. And somehow the DNFs keep counting against me on the leaderboards? 2K has some effed up ranked stat tracking.

Mrbob

I finally found the slider downloads...what a cluster. But they are downloading!

I'm getting The Futures 2K All Star sliders.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Mrbob said:
I finally found the slider downloads...what a cluster. But they are downloading!

I'm getting The Futures 2K All Star sliders.
Am I alone in thinking that 2K Sports might have the worst UI design, and that they continue innovate and find new ways for their UI to suck year after year?

Their ENTIRE front-end menu system is a complete mess of categories that push out into subcategories --- I swear some options are buried 4 layers or more deep.

Then, when playing online against someone, why can't BOTH players adjust settings/matchups/options at the same time? Does EA somehow own the exclusive rights to this game mechanic? What witchery allows my friends and I to change lineups in Madden simultaneously?

I've loved the 2K series from the very beginning, but as the gameplay seemingly grows stronger, I find that it accentuates the game's weaknesses/flaws.

Sorry about the slightly OT rant, especially if I'm alone in my opinions.

Mrbob

Yeah the UI in this game is complete garbage. 2K makes it harder to find things than it needs to be.

Anyway I tested a game against the Warriors with Futures 2.0 slider settings and adjustments off of OS. Each team shot around 44 percent (3 point shots around 30) and I won an 8 minute game in all star 84-74. I think I will bump it up to 9 minutes. I'm starting to see things on the court a bit better now but I still struggle at times getting things down. Using all star settings as well.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I will create the league today, but I REALLY don't want to start it with all these problems with the online mode. I'm hoping a patch will be out by early next week or so.

:/

Mrbob

I wouldn't mind waiting for a patch b4 the league starts.

Did you try out Futures sliders? Maybe you can see what you like, what you don't, and tweak them. Seems like a solid set to base the league sliders off of.

Smokey said:
I will create the league today, but I REALLY don't want to start it with all these problems with the online mode. I'm hoping a patch will be out by early next week or so.

:/
good, im going on vacation this week and i wont be back til the 27th. i hope my absence wont cause any problem.

Smokey

Hopefully things are getting better.

I've been able to connect to every match since I've been online with 2k9, and I was able to get into custom game lobby on my 1st try for a game with pheeniks..

Mrbob

Played my second season game against the Suns with 9 minute quarters...lost 104-87. 3rd quarter crushed me when i was outscored 26-6, couldn't get anything going. Steve Nash was torching me like he would in real life. I really like these sliders.

Mrbob

Question for long time NBA2Kers...do you have regular passing with the left analog stick with the A button or do you use icon passing? It seems like I should figure out how to mix both together but I'm not really sure. Many times when I try to do icon passing on a fast break its like the players lag behind a bit as I make the pass.

This brings me to a second issue too. If I use Chris Paul on the opponents PG and I strip th ball away from midcourt with a steal, I'll hold RT to increase my speed towards the hoop for a layup and he'll somehow lag and get caught by a defender? Why does this happen?

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Question for long time NBA2Kers...do you have regular passing with the left analog stick with the A button or do you use icon passing? It seems like I should figure out how to mix both together but I'm not really sure. Many times when I try to do icon passing on a fast break its like the players lag behind a bit as I make the pass.

This brings me to a second issue too. If I use Chris Paul on the opponents PG and I strip th ball away from midcourt with a steal, I'll hold RT to increase my speed towards the hoop for a layup and he'll somehow lag and get caught by a defender? Why does this happen?

I use icon passing probably 90% of the time.

I'm not sure about your 2nd question..

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AkaBalla said:
Sorry guys imma have to sit out this season. Celtics are for konex only..:lol

Sitting out again? I should have dibs on the Celtics then. :) But I'm fine with the Cavs, really liking their roster this year.

daw840

I am having some serious doubts about playing in this league. I have played 5 or 6 ranked games online and have not won a single one yet. I don't know if I want to play in a league that I only win one game in the entire season (against FMT :D )

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I've played 55 games online and am currently ranked at #350.

I absolutely HATE how easy points in the paint are this year. It's absolutely ridiculous. When you start going up against the top 100 - 200 players all they do is pass into the paint, spin move and layup. I played one guy who took Steve Nash into the paint the WHOLE GAME. All he did was go in, spin move to get rid of the defender and do an unblockable layup animation. (if you block it, it's called a goaltend). The few times he wasn't able to spin his way under the rim he passed it to Stoudemire for the dunk or easy post up (even though I would surround him with THREE defenders!!!!)

and don't even get me started on the automatic threes.........

I would've been happier if they just re-released 2K8 with updated rosters TBQH

DiddyBop

cerrius,thats why i only play online with my friends and now the GAF league. its extremely hard to find non-cheesers online.

DiddyBop

daw840 said:
I am having some serious doubts about playing in this league. I have played 5 or 6 ranked games online and have not won a single one yet. I don't know if I want to play in a league that I only win one game in the entire season (against FMT :D )
im sure you played against some cheesers thats why you lost. the GAF league will have rules to unsure we play a proper game.

Smokey

Cerrius said:
I've played 55 games online and am currently ranked at #350.

I absolutely HATE how easy points in the paint are this year. It's absolutely ridiculous. When you start going up against the top 100 - 200 players all they do is pass into the paint, spin move and layup. I played one guy who took Steve Nash into the paint the WHOLE GAME. All he did was go in, spin move to get rid of the defender and do an unblockable layup animation. (if you block it, it's called a goaltend). The few times he wasn't able to spin his way under the rim he passed it to Stoudemire for the dunk or easy post up (even though I would surround him with THREE defenders!!!!)

and don't even get me started on the automatic threes.........

I would've been happier if they just re-released 2K8 with updated rosters TBQH

I haven't played as much as you but I'm ranked 765 right now. Got a 87% win percentage.

Could you potentially be my nemesis?!!:lol

daw840

DiddyBop said:
im sure you played against some cheesers thats why you lost. the GAF league will have rules to unsure we play a proper game.

Probably, but I don't really know how any one is cheesing in this game. I can see that shit in football games, but in basketball it just feels like I am getting worked. I will play in the league, but these ranked games are just making me frustrated as all hell with this game.

Top Bottom