• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
don't worry dave, it will be up next week... then we rumble! chiefs vs. niners style!
Or just have him come to your place when the gf is out, and you can play in person :/

DCX

Smokey

daw840 said:
I have yet to be able to actually play a game online. I have tried numerous times to start a quick ranked match and it never actually goes through. What. The. Fuck.

Viakado and I just finished playing a game.

And I've got about 22 ranked games under my belt. I can't consistently get through but I keep pressing start until it will eventually connect me. I notice that I get the network error when I'm NOT hosting.

Other than that I'm really starting to get used to 2K9. I spend about 1.5 hrs in the practice mode working on post moves and getting used to isomotion with the new camera angle, and when it actually works the online play is nice when you can get a decent opponent.

Viakado and I just played a pretty good game but there is a problem

josh smith was like 16-17 from the field. post moves are impossible to stop either way. he DOESN'T have a post game but everyone in this game apparently has one. either shot close needs to be bumped up or somehow make interior defense better...

(not being a sore loser but you know, doing my duty)

yeah, post moves are way too easy to score with. how about 3point success? i think its a bit too easy as well.
competitive game though pheenix. this marks my first gaf win!:D

Online is a clusterfuck this year. No lobbies, no filters to avoid cheesers, no rating mechanisms to penalize cheesers, and the overall lack of consistent performance is ridiculous.

This is by far the most cheese filled online atmosphere I've ever seen in sports gaming. The creativity in the cheese I've seen is exacerbated by the loss of the responsiveness in the controls that were in 2K8. I'm pretty much sticking to playing folks I know this year. 2K really better step their game up next year as Live is my early preference next year.

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Online is a clusterfuck this year. No lobbies, no filters to avoid cheesers, no rating mechanisms to penalize cheesers, and the overall lack of consistent performance is ridiculous.

This is by far the most cheese filled online atmosphere I've ever seen in sports gaming. The creativity in the cheese I've seen is exacerbated by the loss of the responsiveness in the controls that were in 2K8. I'm pretty much sticking to playing folks I know this year. 2K really better step their game up next year as Live is my early preference next year.

I can see their reasons for taking lobbies out. High ranking people would sit in the lobbies for hours and just talk talk talk. They wouldn't play against you if you were lower than them, or they'd pick on people who weren't ranked high to boost their rank. I hate that you can't see feedback or anything, but they said you can still do all of that and participate in the lobby...in the custom game option. You just can't do it for ranked this year because people were abusing the ranking system.

The controls are different. They have more weight. I spent a lot of time yesterday in the practice mode working on isomotion and post moves, and doing a scrimmage b/c I too was getting frustrated. I'm really starting to get understand it now and am starting to get a grasp on it.

This patch they say they are working on needs to get here ASAP. At the moment I feel a bit ripped off.

Cloudy said:
So why don't I have a "check" by my name?

Was waiting for you to say if you had the game or not...do you?

daw840

Smokey said:
I can see their reasons for taking lobbies out. High ranking people would sit in the lobbies for hours and just talk talk talk. They wouldn't play against you if you were lower than them, or they'd pick on people who weren't ranked high to boost their rank. I hate that you can't see feedback or anything, but they said you can still do all of that and participate in the lobby...in the custom game option. You just can't do it for ranked this year because people were abusing the ranking system.

The controls are different. They have more weight. I spent a lot of time yesterday in the practice mode working on isomotion and post moves, and doing a scrimmage b/c I too was getting frustrated. I'm really starting to get understand it now and am starting to get a grasp on it.

This patch they say they are working on needs to get here ASAP. At the moment I feel a bit ripped off.

Was waiting for you to say if you had the game or not...do you?

I think I figured out a little bit of the isomotion. I can now pull off a spin move pretty much at will. However, I still get beat by the computer on the default difficulty level in my offline season.:p

I was playing 5 on 5, LAG FREE, and it was really fun. Hopefully we can get some going once the network shit is fixed...

people are bitching too much. yes, the game should be perfect out of the box. yes these online issues shouldn't be there. but they're going to be fixed within a couple weeks. relax fellas, there is still time!

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
people are bitching too much. yes, the game should be perfect out of the box. yes these online issues shouldn't be there. but they're going to be fixed within a couple weeks. relax fellas, there is still time!

You want to try and get a game in this evening? I still haven't been able to actually play an online game.

Hunter D

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Want to get a game? I'm charsace on your fr.

Smokey

Anybody want to play? I'm trying to test out sliders for the league. I made some adjustments to them and AKA and I played, and after our game I tweaked some more things and I'm looking to try them out.

GT= dboythagr8

Smokey said:
Anybody want to play? I'm trying to test out sliders for the league. I made some adjustments to them and AKA and I played, and after our game I tweaked some more things and I'm looking to try them out.

GT= dboythagr8

I would love to but apparently 2k never wants me vs. you...

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Smokey said:

GT= dboythagr8

send me an invite if you see me on. I'd love to try them out

AirBrian

I have two TRUs within 5 miles of me, but one of them is moving up the road and will open back up tomorrow. The other one didn't have the game in stock. :-(

I should have the game tomorrow.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This game is awful online,at least the PS3 version is :(

My 360 is broken, the video output is no longer working anymore over component or HDMI....

Dunno whether I'm going to replace it or fucking call it day on the 360 this gen.... 4th system down :mad:

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
My 360 is broken, the video output is no longer working anymore over component or HDMI....

Dunno whether I'm going to replace it or fucking call it day on the 360 this gen.... 4th system down :mad:

:/ :/ :/

Shawnwhann said:

2011 or 2012, really?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Shawnwhann said:
I know, not realistic with Gears dropping in a couple weeks...

I'm 100 bucks lighter and 2-3 weeks away from a functional system...

Ah just ship it back. You are bound to get one of the newer ones now. Just tell them it red ringed. It will all work out.

daw840

Wrap your 360 in a towel and make it red ring.

On another note, I was finally able to play a couple of ranked games. I got worked, of course. But at least I was able to play!

Smokey

DMczaf said:
I should have the game this week, maybe tomorrow if I find the time after class to get to Toys R Us.

Alright cool then we should be ready to roll here in a few days.

encal said:
is there anymore room in the league?

if so, clippers-360

gt = slashdc5

Do you have the game??

Not sure when the league starts but I still want my Lakers. Give everyone that plays me free wins until I get my system back from MS I guess... :/

Smokey

I'm waiting for everybody to have the game before launching this. But it sounds like the final few will have it in a few days so it's all good.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Heads up if you see me on xbox,my bro bought a new system for me,but I'm still not getting this game twice till they maybe patch this crap.

So please don't send me xbox messages telling me to buy this now :p

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Heads up if you see me on xbox,my bro bought a new system for me,but I'm still not getting this game twice till they maybe patch this crap.

Sell the PS3 version!

AirBrian

Matrix said:

WWT
-Mac
D?!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
where do you go to download the sliders? i dont see them anywhere on the online menu's

Top Bottom