• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 Season 8 Thread of "Kobe do you polish yo rings"?

Smokey

chaoticprout said:
Wait. Sasha is out for 10 games.

Holy shit fuck this game

It won't be 10 real games. Every game you play I think it goes down by a certain amount. Pierce was supposed to be out 11 games when he got injured and i've played 2 games w/o him and now it says he's only out for 3 more..basically 1 more league game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
damnit i hate being the last post in a page

@ Denver Nuggets
@ Phoenix Suns
@ Washington Wizards
Houston Rockets
Portland Blazers

JR smith. 42pts
6-12 3pt shooting
chaotic, i told you JR smith>>>rayray
jrnetsblog.JPG

Birdman02

Smokey said:
It won't be 10 real games. Every game you play I think it goes down by a certain amount. Pierce was supposed to be out 11 games when he got injured and i've played 2 games w/o him and now it says he's only out for 3 more..basically 1 more league game.

I though you turned injuries off...or did Sasha's injury happen in a simmed game?

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
I though you turned injuries off...or did Sasha's injury happen in a simmed game?

i did but some people thought i was playing favoritism because my guy happened to be injured so the flip was switched back on. speaking of which:

PAUL_PIERCE1.jpg

goddamnit we missed you. you caused many a rotation problems in your absence, but we pushed on!

gg diddy. that 2nd quarter was bullshit, bullshit, BULLSHIT. Typical 2k fashion I score 28 in first quarter, and then get OUTSCORED 20-6 in the second!! Almost threw my controller against the wall in anger.

And I dunno what you did, but Yao had a horrible game against your midgets :(

charsace

I'm shooting like 35% in the league. None of my open jumpers go in. I can only hit jumpers when someone is playing defense and even then my percentage is low.

I can't go through another 2k league after this.

Smokey

charsace said:
I'm shooting like 35% in the league. None of my open jumpers go in. I can only hit jumpers when someone is playing defense and even then my percentage is low.

I can't go through another 2k league after this.

moar practice?

Hunter its karma for all that shit you talked earlier in the season. Also I can't play till thursday because I have no internet yrt

charsace

Smokey said:
moar practice?
I've spent hours in practice mode shooting around with the guys I have on my team. Doesn't matter because during the game nothing falls. This is my last 2k league. I practiced until I knew everyone's perfect jumper so don't understand why my players can't hit anything. Not even on the fastbreak can I hit jumpers. I take like 20 3 a game (almost half of them wide open on the break) and can only make 2. I said last season would be my last well this one is my last.

Live 10.

God I hope I play you again Vikado.

FYI, it wasn't a blowout, it was a 12 point game and jr smith was in "this game is broken" mode so i said fuck it.

Smokey

viakado said:

wow :lol

charsace said:
I've spent hours in practice mode shooting around with the guys I have on my team. Doesn't matter because during the game nothing falls. This is my last 2k league. I practiced until I knew everyone's perfect jumper so don't understand why my players can't hit anything. Not even on the fastbreak can I hit jumpers. I take like 20 3 a game (almost half of them wide open on the break) and can only make 2. I said last season would be my last well this one is my last.

Live 10.

You're shooting 45% on the season. Making almost half your shots....

charsace

Smokey said:
wow :lol

You're shooting 45% on the season. Making almost half your shots....
Probably thanks to sim games. Last 3 games I've played I've shot under 40%.

Doesn't matter to me anymore because now I will have 60 extra to add to my f/w season clothes shopping.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think 2k just gave me the worst shooting night in league history. Seriously. Ive never felt so jobbed in my life.

Honestly. I couldnt believe the game. Every other possession i was blocked or the ball was stolen. Roy hit EVERYTHING. Nothing went in for me. Didnt matter if i was covered or wide open. This is the closest ive ever been to just straight up turning my 360 off in the middle of a game

I dont even know how i scored 56 points. Anything i got was in the paint.

nbazone2.jpg

unbelievable.

Meanwhile Hey Low 2 defends me fairly well and i shoot 80% in the first and like 65% for the game. I made like my first 12 shots. Im not even exagurating. I dont understand.

Yeah CB3 there's like one or two games ive played where the game just says fuck you and NOTHING goes my way. I reach charsace levels of anger

Smokey

GG ecnal. Raptors are a touch bunch especially with the trades you've made. This...ladies..is why I have the big 3 (4):

Yao 27 pts 8 rbs
Tracy 22 pts
Pierce 20 pts
Mo 11pts
Landry 10 pts

Mo struggled the entire game, until the 4th quarter when he hit some big shots for me. It took all of my key players to offset the scoring punch of da cRaptors.

CB3 said:
unbelievable.

Meanwhile Hey Low 2 defends me fairly well and i shoot 80% in the first and like 65% for the game. I made like my first 12 shots. Im not even exagurating. I dont understand.

I had one of those...except it was in the 2nd qtr against diddy.

DiddyBop

i for one am disgusted about how many travels amare gets away with:lol it was more funny than anything. but yea the game has its problems and i guarantee you that Live probably has a ton more. that 2nd quater agaisnt smokey was something else:lol my 2nd unit was doin work! but then mo williams came in and :(

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ecnal said:
if you're going to try and cheese me blackace, at least know how to cheese.

haha I started cheesing after you did..

Smokey

You guys are going to have to replay the game. Ecnal you went over the PIP limit (59 in your case), Ace your limit was 53 and you went over that too.

Ecnal should get the L, but Ace went over too the whole game was a mess.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Smokey said:
You guys are going to have to replay the game. Ecnal you went over the PIP limit (59 in your case), Ace your limit was 53 and you went over that too.

Ecnal should get the L, but Ace went over too the whole game was a mess.

its good. He beat me.

DiddyBop

just played an online match wit the nuggets. JR smith is ridiculous:lol i was down 26-6 to the lakers in the first, jr smith comes off the bench with 7 3s in a 20 minute game and leads us to victory.:lol

DiddyBop said:
just played an online match wit the nuggets. JR smith is ridiculous:lol i was down 26-6 to the lakers in the first, jr smith comes off the bench with 7 3s in a 20 minute game and leads us to victory.:lol
hey chaotic, tell me how my ass taste.
love,
jr smith
:lol

Lol......when the interstate rivals meet this week you'll find out what a real star sg is. And chalmers will be pissed you never wanted him, shard will be pissed you traded him, howard will be mad you called him trash, bosh will be mad you traded him like twice, and last but not least chandler is mad u didn't know who he was

Yo smokey disregard that trade obviously...

I was just checking to see the consistency rating of my players. Still baffled as to how Caron Butler missed a WIDE open fast break layup in the clutch.

Also, when is it ok not to play manual defense? I feel like people are taking advantage of it with post offense.

Smokey

kirbybreezy said:

I was just checking to see the consistency rating of my players. Still baffled as to how Caron Butler missed a WIDE open fast break layup in the clutch.

Also, when is it ok not to play manual defense? I feel like people are taking advantage of it with post offense.

What do you mean?

Birdman02

Not sure what Kirby's complaints are, but one thing that frustrates me is when someone calls a double team and then switches to another player to play the passing lanes. Especially since the animation to pass out of the double team is soooo slow.

DiddyBop

kirbybreezy said:

was that from our game? i remember being like wtf when that happened.

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
Not sure what Kirby's complaints are, but one thing that frustrates me is when someone calls a double team and then switches to another player to play the passing lanes. Especially since the animation to pass out of the double team is soooo slow.

I do this, but I don't play the passing lanes I just rotate the closest guy to the open man to occupy him. It's a gamble because all that's needed is to quickly press the pass button before the ball reaches the players hand to do a touch pass to the next closest offensive player. Can get burned on doing it, but sometimes it throws off people's timing which can be a big thing when they're on one of those "2k runs".

Top Bottom