• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 Season 8 Thread of "Kobe do you polish yo rings"?

Smokey said:
goddam chars, pheeniks has been talkin to you like you're his child. he's even in your city now, you just gonna let him talk to you however?
pffft, i'd be talking shit to his mom in bed, and still he wouldn't do shit about it.

"
"2K Games is opening up a very dangerous door, apparently, as a source close to ******* has passed along info on the company's new game for PSN and XBLA, called NBA 2K10: Draft Combine. Set to release alongside NBA 2K10, the spinoff game will allow players to take potential draftees through a rigorous training routine, boosting their stats before being drafted into the retail game.

We call it a "dangerous door," because, frankly, it is. Many criticize sports titles for offering little variety or improvements in each yearly iteration, and Draft Combine sounds like it could be a way to milk sports fans for even more dough. Of course, not knowing further details about the rumored game, this is just speculation, and should be taken as such.""

Mileena

Banned
Birdman02 said:
Anybody on my schedule around for a game?

Nuggets
Suns
Wizards
mavslogo150x150-1.jpg

wat?

the game says wade got 7 but it was really 3. apparently chauncey billups is a master of the behind the back theft in the last 2 minutes of the game. so good that he can do it 4 times. gg hunter but that was some 2k stuff right there!

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
the game says wade got 7 but it was really 3. apparently chauncey billups is a master of the behind the back theft in the last 2 minutes of the game. so good that he can do it 4 times. gg hunter but that was some 2k stuff right there!
Can you play our game today?

DCX

DCX said:
Yeah give me twenty minutes....

DCX

ok that's fine. i'm kinda on a small window, i may have to leave to pick up stuff soon, but after that i'm around all day. what about you?

if you wait after i make my trip you'll also get to play me when i'm really, really, really blazed!

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
ok that's fine. i'm kinda on a small window, i may have to leave to pick up stuff soon, but after that i'm around all day. what about you?

if you wait after i make my trip you'll also get to play me when i'm really, really, really blazed!
I can go now?

DCX

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
what happened with the heat/knicks game?
Well, we tried three times and after a DC before the game started and two DCs afterwards we are waiting to play tonight citing daytime server issues the problem...i say if another DC happens i win :)

DCX

a dc won't happen these hours.

cause its usually the hours reserved for my WINNING TIME.

i think someone is going to quote my avatar after that

Smokey

Ace, I've been trying to play you for the better part of the week you are my last game. Can you play?

and does anybody want to scim

Smokey

ph33nix said:
play me. now. you have pierce. no excuses anymore.

You will get your chance next week.

Full team is back.

So no scrimmages against you. You will feel the wrath of Paul Pierce, and you will love it.

Smokey

ph33nix said:
so what is the tiebreaker for first? because there will be one.

Not if you keep losing.

chaotic said:
Wins over the tied person. So if you beat Smokey and tie his record, im pretty sure you get first

We don't even need to entertain this thought. You see, pheeniks was hyped up about his victory against me (which was game ONE of season 8), but what the young rookie failed to realize was that was the wrong game to win.

Would of been better for him to lose that 1st game, and win the 2nd during our regular season series but unfortunately for him that's not going to happen.

i'll just say in my last game i did not play miami heat basketball. i'm not worried

oh and what time is the deadline? i missed my game with chaotic tonight cause i just fell asleep at the computer....and tomorrow i may be busy all day until evening and i don't know when that'd be. and i can't afford to risk a simmed game. the game thinks i started mark blount every time

Smokey

ph33nix said:
i'll just say in my last game i did not play miami heat basketball. i'm not worried

oh and what time is the deadline? i missed my game with chaotic tonight cause i just fell asleep at the computer....and tomorrow i may be busy all day until evening and i don't know when that'd be. and i can't afford to risk a simmed game. the game thinks i started mark blount every time

5pm central

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:

I agree, you played NY Knicks basketball, i see you're adjusting well to NY, nice to see :D

DCX

is it possible to extend the deadline by like an hour? my friend is leaving here around 6 something eastern and after that i should be ok. we've tried this game a few times already, and got 2ked :(

and also, i am now reallll pissed about last night

Smokey

ph33nix said:
is it possible to extend the deadline by like an hour? my friend is leaving here around 6 something eastern and after that i should be ok. we've tried this game a few times already, and got 2ked :(

and also, i am now reallll pissed about last night

ok

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Boston Celtics
@ Toronto Raptors
@ Golden State Warriors
@ Dallas Mavericks
@ Miami Heat

Smokey

Last week of the season, here are the current standings:

1. Rockets X
  2. Raptors X
  3. Heat X
  4. Mavs
  5. Suns
  6. Magic
  7. Lakers
  8. Warriors
    --------------
  9. Celtics
  10. Knicks
  11. Nuggets
  12. Blazers
  13. Cavs
  14. Wizards

After dotted line = currently out of playoffs
X = clinched playoff spot

Not cool to just quit a game chaotic but gg i guess.

Next Sunday July 19th is deadline...THEN ITS PLAYOFF TIME!!!

viakado if you're around I can play you.

Top Bottom