• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 Season 8 Thread of "Kobe do you polish yo rings"?

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
ok..ill be there in 5

edit..actually how long will you be willing to wait? i'm doing this business project online w/ a group.
No worries, tomorrow ill be up all night.

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
No worries, tomorrow ill be up all night.

DCX

ok cool i'll let you know when we're finished. almost done, but this fucking business simulation is intense. shouldn't be more than another 30 mins

CB3 said:
he has to go over 50 for it to be a DQ...

"-50 points in paint is the limit or if you score over 100pts your PIP cannot exceed 50% of your total points. If either of these happen it's a AUTO LOSS. You are allowed a extra 10 PIP for every OT period."

That reads that if he gets 50 it's an auto loss. He was at 48 at the end, and he clearly knew (checked the box score every few minutes), and I knew he had to take a jumper, so the paint was loosely defended.

i always thought 50pts was the limit if you dont score 100pts.
there was a couple of times where i reached 50pts and still below 100pts, and i didn't get the auto-loss.

charsace

gg cavs, knicks and suns.

Raptors
Wizards

Lets do it.

viakado said:
there was a couple of times where i reached 50pts and still below 100pts, and i didn't get the auto-loss.
50 pip is the limit. Before it was 50 pip minus fastbreak points and second chance points, but people whined and it was changed to a hard 50 pip.

viakado said:

Yeah, apparently that's the case. Someone told me otherwise a few days back (damn you pheenix!!)and the rules read like that's not true, but hey, it's my first time playing here so I guess I gotta get shit all over the face once. Rather now than 2K10 hahaha. Wish I knew cause I defended like he had to take a jumper then kinda fucked around on the last play. It's all good though, that was a well earned win Chars, and a damn fun game.

WTF is going on with this league. single players are pretty much breaking the PIP rule all by themselves.

I would have laughed at a single player PIP limit a season ago, but now not so much.

charsace

ecnal said:
chars, never change. :lol
You kept doing that pump fake ft thing and in the 4th when you were up by 14 you changed to the inbound defender and stole the pass. I said fuck it I'm going to lose anyways so why not steal one from you in a league game.

Moral victory bitches. 50 pip rule keeps the beast caged. None of you fuckers should ever forget it.

ecnal

didn't steal the inbound pass, i was calderon. you threw it right at bargnani's feet and the cpu took it.

and fyi; the pump fake thing was in direct response to you not playing man-d on bargn or dirk after i torched you with them. nene/birdman/martin all have ridiculously high shot contest tendencies, so i knew that the CPU would bite 2/3 times on those shot fakes.

and lulz @ thinking you're a beast :lol

edit: also, you started cheesing way before the 4th. look @ the gamecast clown. you start the 3rd quarter with 6 dunks/layups.

lets get real here, i'll shit on you any way you want to slice it--sim or cheese. at least cheese me from the get go, not after you get blown out by 25+.

charsace

ecnal said:
didn't steal the inbound pass, i was calderon. you threw it right at bargnani's feet and the cpu took it.

and fyi; the pump fake thing was in direct response to you not playing man-d on bargn or dirk after i torched you with them. nene/birdman/martin all have ridiculously high shot contest tendencies, so i knew that the CPU would bite 2/3 times on those shot fakes.

and lulz @ thinking you're a beast :lol

edit: also, you started cheesing way before the 4th. look @ the gamecast clown. you start the 3rd quarter with 6 dunks/layups.

lets get real here, i'll shit on you any way you want to slice it--sim or cheese. at least cheese me from the get go, not after you get blown out by 25+.
I respect you, but to say you could have me any way you want is insane. If there was no rules you would have a blonde wig on and would be called "ecngalla."

The rules say you can have the comp play defense if you are getting shitted on; I let the cpu play defense. You started abusing that pump fake shit. And you doing the double pump lateral dribble nonsense that slows people down even when they don't bite on the fakes.

Keep crying and hating you dumb mothers. If people are going to cheese me I will do the same.

"Do on to others as you would have them do on to you."

Smokey

ph33nix said:
no its not. its 2k. i was beating you down too :(

bitch you were up by 5 just like the 1st game when it d/c i was up by 3.

and i see drama in hur

and the rules do not say you can let the cpu guard your man.

oh and

2jee9eo.gif

Smokey said:
You put up a good battle pheeniks, but in the end your connection couldn't take it or the awesomeness of the Rockets.

blah blah blah. see you in the playoffs.

viakado: i feel for HunterD, ecnal is currently the biggest cheesier in the league. if i was hunter, i would've done the exact same thing.

viakado: quote that as anonymous

Smokey

ph33nix said:
blah blah blah. see you in the playoffs.

viakado: i feel for HunterD, ecnal is currently the biggest cheesier in the league. if i was hunter, i would've done the exact same thing.

viakado: quote that as anonymous

ohhhhhh now its blah blah blah:D :lol

Well, 2K says I have clinched 1st place.

So now the decision...to play my starters like normal or play bench players majority of the minutes these last 2 games and not risk injury.....

@ Mavs
Knicks

is all I have left. I may be able to play tomorrow night after 930 central.

Smokey

ph33nix said:
all i know is i was gonna win the first 2. 2k let you have the third.

The only game you were winning young one was the 2nd. I was up 13-10 in the first, you were up 5 in the 2nd, I was up 20 in tha 3rd......

Might wanna get Wade back in the gym, that was a pretty nasty airball he shot. Not gonna cut it if you hope to win Season 8.

Smokey said:
The only game you were winning young one was the 2nd. I was up 13-10 in the first, you were up 5 in the 2nd, I was up 20 in tha 3rd......

Might wanna get Wade back in the gym, that was a pretty nasty airball he shot. Not gonna cut it if you hope to win Season 8.

that was a bullshot.

like i said, it wasn't my destiny that game.

Top Bottom