• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 Season 8 Thread of "Kobe do you polish yo rings"?

Smokey

GG Birdman.

That 3rd quarter I thought you were actually gonna come all the way back, but a few well placed timeout's may of helped stop your momentum. Good thing I had built up a good enough lead to sustain the inevitable run.

And with that, my regular season is over. Finished with a respectable 19-1 record (thanks pheeniks). So now we just anxiously await our playoff opponent!

Birdman02

GG Smokey. Rudy killed any chance I had at making it all the way back.....I think he threw up 3-4 airballs in the 4th. I did a few things different in the 2nd half, so we'll see how they work if/when we meet in the playoffs!!!

daw840

Celtics here. I can get a game in right now if someone is around. I will be good if we start within the next 15 minutes or so. Vik?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
got a couple of hours for some games if anyone is down

daw840

Pheeniks. I am done. If you refuse to play on ball D just because you were losing then I am out. This is complete bullshit.

daw840 said:
Pheeniks. I am done. If you refuse to play on ball D just because you were losing then I am out. This is complete bullshit.

You are kidding right? Because you literally hold the ball waiting for me to control the guy, then you shoot because I can't jump fast enough in time to count it as a "contest". Sorry you weren't godly with Brent Barry that game...and sorry if I have a hard time playing on ball D against LeBron when you just dribble around with him until he is three feet near the rim.

I play as much on ball when I can but when someone dribbles around aimlessly, and when I know you're charging straight to the basket every time, I'm going to do what I can as you are doing what you can.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
5yhx06.gif

daw840

ph33nix said:
You are kidding right? Because you literally hold the ball waiting for me to control the guy, then you shoot because I can't jump fast enough in time to count it as a "contest". Sorry you weren't godly with Brent Barry that game...and sorry if I have a hard time playing on ball D against LeBron when you just dribble around with him until he is three feet near the rim.

I play as much on ball when I can but when someone dribbles around aimlessly, and when I know you're charging straight to the basket every time, I'm going to do what I can as you are doing what you can.

What? I have my plays set to auto everytime I go down the court. Sure I use LJ a lot, but who doesnt? You were playing on ball D until you didn't come back from the deficit, then you started purposefully switching to another defender just so the computer would guard the man with the ball. If I wanted to play the computer, I would have just played offline man. All of our other games have been fine, I guess because you normally beat the shit out of me. As soon as I get a slight advantage, you started just letting the computer guard me. That seems fucked man.

daw840 said:
What? I have my plays set to auto everytime I go down the court. Sure I use LJ a lot, but who doesnt? You were playing on ball D until you didn't come back from the deficit, then you started purposefully switching to another defender just so the computer would guard the man with the ball. If I wanted to play the computer, I would have just played offline man. All of our other games have been fine, I guess because you normally beat the shit out of me. As soon as I get a slight advantage, you started just letting the computer guard me. That seems fucked man.

I was roaming with Chalmers because Rondo can't shoot. And I play off the ball a lot because I'm trying to anticipate what you're doing. Basically I feel like you get a lot of advantages in animations, like LeBrick who dunks after one dribble, or Brent Barry, who can make any shot no matter how contested it was. To put it bluntly, I counter cheese-like offense with cheese-like defense. When I feel like I'm about to get screwed by an unstoppable animation I switch off and let the CPU recover for me because this game doesn't register defense well as humans.

ecnal

kinda off-topic, but the nba live 10' website got updated today with some screenshots.

http://nba-live.easports.com/home.action

even though the game doesn't have all of the visual polish yet, there are some serious visual upgrades over live 09'. i'm very impressed, and actually, dare i say, hyped about live 10'.

they also post a blog every friday (today), so there might be some additional content posted later--hopefully some videos :D

daw840

ph33nix said:
I was roaming with Chalmers because Rondo can't shoot. And I play off the ball a lot because I'm trying to anticipate what you're doing. Basically I feel like you get a lot of advantages in animations, like LeBrick who dunks after one dribble, or Brent Barry, who can make any shot no matter how contested it was. To put it bluntly, I counter cheese-like offense with cheese-like defense. When I feel like I'm about to get screwed by an unstoppable animation I switch off and let the CPU recover for me because this game doesn't register defense well as humans.

That's fine if that's how you always play me, but it's not. Every other game we have ever played, where you usually stomp the shit out of me, you play right on the ball. However, when I am actually winning, it seemed like you just immediately switched off the ball. Whatever though, we didn't even finish the game so it doesn't matter.

daw840 said:
That's fine if that's how you always play me, but it's not. Every other game we have ever played, where you usually stomp the shit out of me, you play right on the ball. However, when I am actually winning, it seemed like you just immediately switched off the ball. Whatever though, we didn't even finish the game so it doesn't matter.

I don't really recall stomping the shit out of you. The other game was really close if I remember right. In fact, I rarely beat you cause I remember last season you had my number when I was the fucking Grizzlies. I'm not intentionally playing off ball on LBJ, its just pretty frustrating for your opponent when the game treats him like he is Michael Jordan at the end of Space Jam. You made insane fadeaways, a shot behind the backboard (I think), and no matter how close even the AI guarded you, shit went in. And the fact that after 1 or 2 dribbles, its a dunk or some Globetrotter layup from anywhere.

Can you play again?

Also, dynasty, stay in your own thread bitch!

daw840

ph33nix said:
I don't really recall stomping the shit out of you. The other game was really close if I remember right. In fact, I rarely beat you cause I remember last season you had my number when I was the fucking Grizzlies. I'm not intentionally playing off ball on LBJ, its just pretty frustrating for your opponent when the game treats him like he is Michael Jordan at the end of Space Jam. You made insane fadeaways, a shot behind the backboard (I think), and no matter how close even the AI guarded you, shit went in. And the fact that after 1 or 2 dribbles, its a dunk or some Globetrotter layup from anywhere.

Can you play again?

Also, dynasty, stay in your own thread bitch!

I should be able to play again tonight if your around. Don't worry, I'm not mad. I mean, how could I really be mad at you?!? The HOF AI just pisses me off.

charsace

ecnal said:
kinda off-topic, but the nba live 10' website got updated today with some screenshots.

even though the game doesn't have all of the visual polish yet, there are some serious visual upgrades over live 09'. i'm very impressed, and actually, dare i say, hyped about live 10'.

they also post a blog every friday (today), so there might be some additional content posted later--hopefully some videos :D
Fuck visuals gameplay is the key. The first thing they have to fix about the visuals is the player proportions anyways.

I want to hear about gameplay improvements first. If they improve the offensive gameplay and make the midrange game as good as nba inside drive 2k is screwed.

Smokey

ecnal said:

graphics and floor spacing are not live's weaknesses...everything else is.

ecnal

well, to be totally fair they also have great presentation and defensive ai... and their playbook/playcalling system is significantly better than 2K's.

don't get me wrong, 2K is essentially leaps and bounds better in everything else though.

here's to hoping that live gets their shit together so there's actually a choice between basketball games this year. because, quite frankly, i'm pretty tired of 2K's nonchalant attitude every year.

charsace

Smokey said:
graphics and floor spacing are not live's weaknesses...everything else is.
Defense is way better than 2k. If EA improves on the offense, especially the midrange game, 2k will be in deep shit.

daw840

Dude. I just don't get it. We played 2 games that were super competitive. This shit disconnects everytime and we reset the games. Then we play a 3rd game in which 2k completely fucks me for the whole game, except the 3rd quarter, and now I have to take a loss. Oh well, I think I am out of the playoffs now anyways. Whatever. Don't really care anymore.

Top Bottom