• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 Season 8 Thread of "Kobe do you polish yo rings"?

Birdman02

viakado said:
birdman, when are we gonna start our series?
im home around 7pm pst every day this week.

Going to a minor league baseball game tonight, but I might be able to play after (around 10-11 pst) but I'm not sure.

If not, then I can play 1 or 2 games at 7 tomorrow night.

Smokey

We have our first 2 winners of the S8 playoff season...!!!!!!!

Raptors and Suns move on and will face each other in the semi-finals..

charsace

This game is shit. I get a hand in the guys face for like 60% of the shots and they still hit. I double team Yao everytime he touches the ball and he only misses 4 shots. Through all this guards are blocking my jumpers and layups like they are Wilt.

IF 2K10 IS LIKE THIS I WILL NOT PLAY! REAL BASKETBALL IS NOT GUARDS BLOCKING PEOPLE OFF THE DRIBBLE OR FROM BEHIND ON LAYUPS. REAL BASKETBALL IS NOT GUYS SHOOTING OVER DOUBLE TEAMS. REAL BASKET BALL IS NOT GUYS HITTING JUMPERS 75% OF THE TIME WHEN THERE IS A HAND IN THE FACE. REAL BASKETBALL IS NOT TEAMS SHOOTING 70%! FUCK YOU 2K!

Smokey

charsace said:
This game is shit. I get a hand in the guys face for like 60% of the shots and they still hit. I double team Yao everytime he touches the ball and he only misses 4 shots. Through all this guards are blocking my jumpers and layups like they are Wilt.

IF 2K10 IS LIKE THIS I WILL NOT PLAY! REAL BASKETBALL IS NOT GUARDS BLOCKING PEOPLE OFF THE DRIBBLE OR FROM BEHIND ON LAYUPS. REAL BASKETBALL IS NOT GUYS SHOOTING OVER DOUBLE TEAMS. REAL BASKET BALL IS NOT GUYS HITTING JUMPERS 75% OF THE TIME WHEN THERE IS A HAND IN THE FACE. REAL BASKETBALL IS NOT TEAMS SHOOTING 70%! FUCK YOU 2K!

My 'guards'..are TRACY mcgrady..who is 6'8...and Paul Pierce who is what...6'6? Those are my guards blocking your jumpshots. You're making it sound like Aarpn Brooks or Mo Williams is block Melo or something. Tracy is assigned to Melo..Tracy is taller...PP is assigned to C Lee...and Pierce is way taller than Lee...so....

charsace

Smokey said:
My 'guards'..are TRACY mcgrady..who is 6'8...and Paul Pierce who is what...6'6? Those are my guards blocking your jumpshots. You're making it sound like Aarpn Brooks or Mo Williams is block Melo or something. Tracy is assigned to Melo..Tracy is taller...PP is assigned to C Lee...and Pierce is way taller than Lee...so....
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK HOW TALL THEY ARE!

My guards are also tall so you can throw that shit out the window. No way should they getting blocks when I have space or from behind on layups on Carmelo Anthony, Pietrus, or Lee.

ecnal

charsace said:

spc13q.gif

Smokey

good game(s) chars

sloppy...but good.

hey there was a Paul Pierce siting! He had 20 pts in 1st half, finished with 27...good thing..b/c Yao and TRACY had a off game.

I check last night and Chars is pulling the upset of the century, and check tonight and he got blown out twice and lost a third time. WTF IS THIS SHIT CHARS

Feenix29

Do you guys ever record your games?
Not just highlights, but a full game. Would be interesting to watch.

I'd join in but i dont have Live right now, whens the next tourney?

Smokey

Feenix29 said:
Do you guys ever record your games?
Not just highlights, but a full game. Would be interesting to watch.

I'd join in but i dont have Live right now, whens the next tourney?

The closest we have right now is this:
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/game.cfm?l=152033&g=8238914

When a game is currently being played the box score, and team stats are updated in real time.

We've all wanted a spectator mode, and in this day and age I don't understand how it's not in ANY sports game.

If you look on our site you can see videos that we've uploaded from our games, so surely a full on spectator mode couldn't be that far off....

Feenix29

^^^

Yeah, i saw some of the vids, but theyre at most 10 seconds long. Props to whoever did that inbounds play with the Suns, that was nice.

Its not the same looking at box scores when the game moves fast. I'll activate Live again and see if i can join in on the next season or tourney.

Smokey

Feenix29 said:
^^^

Yeah, i saw some of the vids, but theyre at most 10 seconds long. Props to whoever did that inbounds play with the Suns, that was nice.

Its not the same looking at box scores when the game moves fast. I'll activate Live again and see if i can join in on the next season or tourney.

It's a highlight reel function in the game, you can make it as long/or as short as the replay will allow...it will just take forever to upload onto the site.

This is the
probably
last league we're doing until 2k10 btw. This is the 3rd season we've done on 2k9.

Smokey said:
It's a highlight reel function in the game, you can make it as long/or as short as the replay will allow...it will just take forever to upload onto the site.

This is the
probably
last league we're doing until 2k10 btw. This is the 3rd season we've done on 2k9.

no, we're gonna do a 2 man league, you and me.

charsace

Smokey said:

This is the
probably
3rd season and probably your third straight league win thanks to morons that gave you Paul Pierce and Mo Williams to make Yao even more potent.

Some trades should be fucking monitored I fucking swear. I don't see what sense it made to give one of the best players in the league who has one of the best players in 2k(Yao) one of the best midrange shooters in the leauge(Pierce) when the league has a PIP limit fuck 2k.

charsace said:
3rd season and probably your third straight league win thanks to morons that gave you Paul Pierce and Mo Williams to make Yao even more potent.

Some trades should be fucking monitored I fucking swear. I don't see what sense it made to give one of the best players in the league who has one of the best players in 2k(Yao) one of the best midrange shooters in the leauge(Pierce) when the league has a PIP limit fuck 2k.
oh shut the fuck up with the mo thing.
Jameer>>>>mo.

daw840

I thought Junior Members couldn't get into the online side. When I joined, FMT had to pull some strings to get me straight to Member so I could get in the Madden league I thought.

Smokey

WITNESS2K9 said:
finally got my account activted:lol

Oh great another Lebaby supporter.

kado said:
oh shut the fuck up with the mo thing.
Jameer>>>>mo.

I agree.

charsace said:

You guys are funny. It used to be where you had 2-3 players on your team who were untradeable. Then people bitched. So I said ok, we'll have an open trade system. Now people bitch again.

Which is it?

I already said awhile ago that in season 9 for 2k10, there will be some type of trade monitoring just haven't decided yet. And yes...you will be back for 2k10..don't kid yourself.

And when can you play tonight or can you?

charsace

viakado said:
if live10 gets better score. im jumping ships.

what your saying then is to just ban yourself from trading?
Live does not need a better score for me to jump ship. 2k has been seen as the better game for years and because of that Live will have a hard time getting a better score. If live gets 80+ overall I will jump ship.

Smokey

viakado said:
if live10 gets better score. im jumping ships.

what your saying then is to just ban yourself from trading?

I will bet you Live 10 doesn't get a better score.

Mike Wang can't do it in one year, maybe in Live 11 but not Live 10.

ecnal

it's like a 70% complete build (according to a dev), so the lack of visual polish isn't all that surprising.

it's pretty obvious though that they've drastically improved on the animations (no more robotic look) and they've added a number of features that were painstakingly missing from live 09 (most notably tip-ins and contact during shots).

Top Bottom