• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 Season 8 Thread of "Kobe do you polish yo rings"?

ecnal

sorry man, i'm just going to be rather tied up for most of this week due to my friend being in town... there's also the possibility that i may go back with her to hawaii this coming weekend, so hopefully we can finish this up in the next couple of days.

ecnal said:
sorry man, i'm just going to be rather tied up for most of this week due to my friend being in town... there's also the possibility that i may go back with her to hawaii this coming weekend, so hopefully we can finish this up in the next couple of days.

PICS

or it didn't happen

just kidding

viakado said:
who said you we're invited in the next one?

34nh7jc.jpg

charsace

ph33nix said:
I guess I could go ahead and make a new one to get things started fast.

Hunter are you in? Or is your disc broken
I am in. Gonna get a new copy of the game (I did not break the last one).

Smokey

ecnal said:
i'll be available from like 1pm pst till 5pm pst tomorrow.

and ill be around most of thursday.

oh if you have a GIRL in town then okay ...wrap it up!

1-5 is 3-7 my time...i don't have to work today so if you can we can get some games in during that window.

Core407

Banned
Teamup league means 2 people playing on the same team, right? Never played that way but I'd love to try it out. If anyone wants to do any practice games, send me a message on PSN (Runner45 is my ID).

Edit: Err this is a XBL league? Fail, GAF,fail!

Smokey said:

1-5 is 3-7 my time...i don't have to work today so if you can we can get some games in during that window.

i see what you did there

ecnal

Smokey said:

im here, getting on.

Smokey

ummm...

good games i guess ecnal?

seems to me you don't really want to play, which is fine just let me know and i can sim the last game and it can be over with.

game 4 you didn't shoot with anybody but your pgs? really? and then the game disconnects in middle of 2nd quarter?

if you didn't really want to play you could of just said something and i would've simmed the games instead of playing and feeling like i'm wasting my time.

ecnal

sorry man, im on the phone trying to get ticket reservations and take care of stuff before i leave.

i assumed you wouldn't want the games to be simmed so my only option was to play while handling other things.

completely my fault; i didn't anticipate going to hawaii before a previously planned trip out of the country. stuff kind of piled up and i had to take care of it before friday.

i dunno what happened in the last game, i got instantly disconnected and booted to the main menu. you can take the win for that game, or if it gave me the win go ahead and sim the last game.

good games, congrats on the millionth championship. also, i need to back out of whatever the next league/tournament you're doing, as i'm not going to be in town for the next month or so.

again, sorry for the way it panned out, but imo it was still better than simming the entire series.

Ok I am going to create this shit. Pick whatever team you want.

Smokey called Bobcats
I call Bulls
CB calls Pistons
Hunter wants Nets
Viakdo wants??
Birdman wants??
Heylow 2 wants??
DCX wants??

I'm doing just 8 player tourney. so if there's outsiders...better hurry up so I can maybe make a bigger one. but i stuck with 8 because its the easiest number for a bracket and the 8 i have listed i know can play, and will play

i'll post more info in a bit

Ok so I made an 8 player league.

10 game season.
Best of 5 playoffs.
Trading is on. So is fantasy draft.
Injuries are off.

I sent an invite to 8 of you (the 8 that I know are always here and easily reachable)... which means if for some reason ALL of you wanted in, it's going to be musical chairs. I figured someone wouldn't want in.

As for fantasy...what's a time that works for everyone? If not, I hope there's a pre-ranking system.

BTW...no limits on the fantasy draft :lol this is also a contest to see who drafts the best!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
37 points with BG and i cant get the ball in the 4th. I hope you guys dont wonder why we lost that game.

Smokey

http://www.gamespot.com/sports/blog...9/26988090/nba-2k10-exclusive-first-look.html

Gamespot article said:
Spaced Out

The first time you hit the court in NBA 2K10, something might look a bit different. Yes, you'll notice things like the improved player likenesses, including animated faces, better skin textures, and greater lighting effects. But you might also notice a sense of space on the hardwood that simply wasn't present in previous iterations. As developers put it to me, that's because the proportions between player size and the floor had gotten a bit out of whack in older games, resulting in players that were slightly larger than in real life. The team took a look at all of the player models in NBA 2K10 and made size adjustments across the board, with the result of having a slightly more open feel to the play on the court.

Of course, correcting player proportions is just one of the issues addressed in this year's game. As gameplay producer Rob Jones told me, the team wanted to address animations in a comprehensive way this year. To that end, Jones said his mo-cap team captured something in the realm of 9,000 animations during the mo-cap sessions for 2K10. And while not all of those animations were entered into this year's game, a good chunk have either replaced older animations or been added to the game. As he put it, if an animation is pre-NBA 2K9, it had less than a 50 percent chance of making it into NBA 2K10. Part of that new animation philosophy had to do with providing further definition between players. Naturally, a point guard will have access to a different set of moves than a massive center, but developers didn't stop there. They also wanted to capture the differences between how a 7-foot player moves from how a 6-foot-9-inch player gets around the court. As a result, Yao Ming will move like Yao (assuming he ever plays again, that is), Nene will move like Nene, and Steve Nash will do his thing.

New animations tie directly into the signature style feature that the NBA 2K series has been working off of for years now--this year, the series is expanding the feature into something Jones likes to call "signature play." The essential addition revolves around improved player tendencies. This year, the team went out and partnered up with the NBA scouting service 82Games.com to provide detailed breakdowns on every team and every player in the league. The result is a better and more detailed understanding of how a player reacts at any point on the floor, with answers to such questions as, "Where does a player typically like to get the ball?" "When does he spot up?" "When does he post up?" The result, on the offensive side, is that players familiar with their team's individual tendencies will know how to best utilize them and where. On the other side of the ball, if you're facing up against Paul Pierce controlled by the AI, you'll know his tendency will be either to push in and shoot or try a pro step move. And, depending on your position on the floor, you'll know how to try to stop him.

Other defensive improvements include a better sense of physical play when leaning in on a guy, as well as double-team situations that aren't just canned animations, as they were in previous games. When double-teaming a ball handler, you'll have more control over what you do as you harass the guy. If playing online, one half of a double-team duo might try a steal, while the other keeps his hands up to block a potential shot. Essentially, you won't be waiting for a double-team animation to end--you'll be interacting within it and trying to make a play.

Then there's a new rating spread, which--similar to how the developers of Madden NFL 10 extended the attribute spread among players in the game--better differentiates among the NBA's elite, good, mediocre, and Brian Scalabrine. Jones told me that in previous NBA 2K games, the player attribute spread was basically from 50 to 99; this year, that spread has been extended from 25 to 99. This is in addition to tendency rating spreads that will run from 0 to 99.

yes yes yes

"The essential addition revolves around improved player tendencies. This year, the team went out and partnered up with the NBA scouting service 82Games.com to provide detailed breakdowns on every team and every player in the league."

Now THAT's fucking awesome.

The spacing fix is awesome as well.

Brian Scalabrine:lol I wish 2k had a "save a quarter" feature just like how you can save games in Halo 3, and watch later. It would be tight to see all the clutch moements in the 4the quarter, and then post online

WITNESS2K9 said:
Brian Scalabrine:lol I wish 2k had a "save a quarter" feature just like how you can save games in Halo 3, and watch later. It would be tight to see all the clutch moements in the 4the quarter, and then post online

your first round pick?

i got the worst fucking pick. 5th

ph33nix said:
fantasy drafts are awesome. i'm fuckin hyped already

i joined a fantasy draft league a while back, i forgot to actually draft my players, the game just picked for me, and i ended up with shaq, beidrins, camby, dwight, tyson chandler, nick collison, chris mihms, and joe johnson. I had the best post game, good thing there wasnt PIP limit:lol :lol

i can't wait to draft my team, i got sixth pick. i should be able to get somebody good

my first selection will be Calvin Booth :lol :lol :lol :lol

I dont really know who i would pick yet, but i wish i had first pick , so i could get LeBron

Top Bottom