• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 Season 8 Thread of "Kobe do you polish yo rings"?

WITNESS2K9 said:
i joined a fantasy draft league a while back, i forgot to actually draft my players, the game just picked for me, and i ended up with shaq, beidrins, camby, dwight, tyson chandler, nick collison, chris mihms, and joe johnson. I had the best post game, good thing there wasnt PIP limit:lol :lol

i can't wait to draft my team, i got sixth pick. i should be able to get somebody good

another reason why i'm going to prerank my players just in case :lol

you and i will have tension tonight! we're next to each other

just fyi i probably cant play any games from the 13th-17th. but who knows...we might finish all our games before then!

btw fantasy drafts online snake drafts right???

DCX

DCX
Is LeBron really that much better than Kobe or Wade in this game? I mean most of his game is bullrun to the hoop, wouldn't that take away from your post men in terms of PIPs? I much rather have a great all around player that can hit jumpers. I am accepting offers for the number one pick :p

DCX

im picking all the rockets players.

edit: i'll open up a AIM chatroom when draft starts. easier for us to communicate, haggle/trade/hustle and know what each other are picking/thinking, etc.

my aim: viakado

DCX said:
Is LeBron really that much better than Kobe or Wade in this game? I mean most of his game is bullrun to the hoop, wouldn't that take away from your post men in terms of PIPs? I much rather have a great all around player that can hit jumpers. I am accepting offers for the number one pick :p

DCX

we're going to raise the PIP limit anyways with the quarters pushed to 10 min (since there were less games) That'll give us real stats...

what do you guys think it should be now? i say 60

DCX said:

DCX

i just hate how they make lebrons shot release and free throw,i hope they imporve that in 2k10. LeBron could actually be effective i the post, i use him at PF sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyd4NPvzKQg

what do u want for your number one pick?

ph33nix said:
we're going to raise the PIP limit anyways with the quarters pushed to 10 min (since there were less games) That'll give us real stats...

what do you guys think it should be now? i say 60

damn 10 mins, i just hope i dont get to the 4th quarter and get disconnected, PIP should be pushed to at least 65-75 since you are basically adding an extra 8 minute quarter

DCX

DCX
WITNESS2K9 said:
i think 9 should give us real stats, 10 might be a litte too much
Realistic stats? We are all going to run with all star teams! We should all be averaging round 100-120 a game. 8, 9 or 10 it won't change :p

DCX

I'm thinking 60 is fine. This is my logic:

32 min quarters / 50 PIP = .64 PIP per minute
40 min quarters / 60 PIP = .67 PIP per minute

Hold on...I'm not even sure if that's the right math or logic. Whatever I don't care I suck at math anyways.

Besides, most people averaged less than 40 PIP last season (if not all I think) so it won't be an issue, I think. As for minutes, 10 felt better than 9...just more even IMO. Dunno. Its an extra 4 minutes, no biggie. Hopefully people play more half court too!

Smokey

Seeing how this is a tournament or w/e, I think 10 minutes would be good. It can be like an experiment to see how it works and when Season 9 rolls around for 2k10 we know if 10 minutes is just right or too much based of off this fantasy tournament.

I'll be ready to roll for the draft tonight. #2 pick is oh so lovely. Let's see what DCX does with his #1 pick. I've got counter moves to counter what he does, and counter-counter moves to counter the unexpected.

We ready!!

ph33nix said:
I'm thinking 60 is fine. This is my logic:

32 min quarters / 50 PIP = .64 PIP per minute
40 min quarters / 60 PIP = .67 PIP per minute

Hold on...I'm not even sure if that's the right math or logic. Whatever I don't care I suck at math anyways.

Besides, most people averaged less than 40 PIP last season (if not all I think) so it won't be an issue, I think. As for minutes, 10 felt better than 9...just more even IMO. Dunno. Its an extra 4 minutes, no biggie. Hopefully people play more half court too!

i was thinkin of scoring 50 points in the paint in a game with shaq last season just to see how u guys react :lol :lol :lol

Smokey

viakado said:
someone make a draft list please. and if its snake draft or not.

snake draft? what is that?

HEY LOW 2 said:
do u know the order of whole draft? i hope i get some back to back picks

When you log into 'GAF Tourney', you press I think RT and you'll go through a series of menus. One of those menus has the draft order. Nobody has back to back picks.

can't wait for 2k10

http://www.gamespot.com/sports/blogs/sports-blog/909097139/26988090/nba-2k10-exclusive-first-look.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;1

960357_20090805_790screen012.jpg

Sorry birdman you late ... :( it would've been great to see your quest of an all white team!

also, its a 10 game season and then best of 5 playoffs. so EVERY single one of your games matter!!!

looking forward to tonight :D

seemingly everyone has to be on tonight for the draft, why not just scrap this current league and create a new one to 12 teams so that birdman and chaotic can play.

DCX

DCX
viakado said:
seemingly everyone has to be on tonight for the draft, why not just scrap this current league and create a new one to 12 teams so that birdman and chaotic can play.
Cause it's done and we would have to wait yet another day or so if we started a new one.

DCX

DCX

DCX
charsace said:
You have first pick so of course you don't want a restart.
You'd be correct sir, and so would everyone of us who ended up with the first pick, carry on.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
yup. i hate this bullshit xbox mic that doesnt work. i can hear you guys but the actual mic doesnt work. so i have no choice but AIM

Its funny to hear hunter talk though. I was rolling when Pau hit that 3 last night and he went crazy.

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
yup. i hate this bullshit xbox mic that doesnt work. i can hear you guys but the actual mic doesnt work. so i have no choice but AIM

Its funny to hear hunter talk though. I was rolling when Pau hit that 3 last night and he went crazy.
I'm picking Pau first BTW, no way you will abuse, erm i mean use him again.

DCX

CB3

im seriously still mad about that bulls pistons game. HOW DO I NOT TOUCH THE BALL IN THE FOURTH.

Fucking Smokey even admitted to playing off me cause you fuckers went into KoME mode so he went to double you guys.

Meanwhile im open behind the 3 point line waiving my hands and nothing.

The absolute best was me draining a fade away 3 in the last minute and i somehow cant get the last shot when i was WIDE OPEN. My bar couldnt have been more Red next to Ben Gordons name

In Fucking Credible

I was like 11-14 behind the 3 point line.

37 POINTS!

That was some Jordan All star game shit. Totally being blocked out.

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
im seriously still mad about that bulls pistons game. HOW DO I NOT TOUCH THE BALL IN THE FOURTH.

Fucking Smokey even admitted to playing off me cause you fuckers went into KoME mode so he went to double you guys.

Meanwhile im open behind the 3 point line waiving my hands and nothing.

The absolute best was me draining a fade away 3 in the last minute and i somehow cant get the last shot when i was WIDE OPEN. My bar couldnt have been more Red next to Ben Gordons name

In Fucking Credible

I was like 11-14 behind the 3 point line.

37 POINTS!

That was some Jordan All star game shit. Totally being blocked out.
Dude i fed you the ball, i had six ast and like 5 of them were to you, i took three shots in the 4th, two wide open threes and a drive and 2k dicked me as usual down the stretch. I have no clue what our PG was doing...

DCX

CB3

viakado said:
i made the game winning floater with iverson. eat dick.

You are the worst fucking PG ever. Im gonna pick whatever PG from now on just so you cant dick things up

CB3

eh team ratings dont mean too much. You can get up to an A in the first quarter just by setting screens

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
eh team ratings dont mean too much. You can get up to an A in the first quarter just by setting screens
I ended the game with them though, trust me i didn't get them by setting screens ;)

DCX

when we CAN log back on, i made a new league.

the league name is gaf and the password is 2ksux

can we all possibly agree to a draft time tomorrow? or if we all join tonight im praying we can snag a time in 20 minutes if live chooses to fucking work...

ph33nix said:
when we CAN log back on, i made a new league.

the league name is gaf and the password is 2ksux

can we all possibly agree to a draft time tomorrow? or if we all join tonight im praying we can snag a time in 20 minutes if live chooses to fucking work...

Still 8 playas?

Major Nelson just tweeted:
Quote:
Live is currently having issues....it's not at your end. The LIVE Engineers are working on it.

for now its same 8 unless we can get a 10th...ugh. i dont fucking know. this is ridiculous

After much bullshit throughout the night the draft has been rescheduled for Sunday at 11:45 ET/8:45 PT.

DCX, Chaotic took your place temporarily. He is being a nice guy and is willing to give it up if you want it.

New draft order:

Chaotic/DCX
Smokey
Hunter
Heylow2
Cold
Viakado
Me
Fivering

Smokey

ph33nix said:
After much bullshit throughout the night the draft has been rescheduled for Sunday at 11:45 ET/8:45 PT.

DCX, Chaotic took your place temporarily. He is being a nice guy and is willing to give it up if you want it.

New draft order:

Chaotic/DCX
Smokey
Hunter
Heylow2
Cold
Viakado
Me
Fivering

I love it.

classic time in AIM chatroom fellas.

CB3

I realize right after me, Smokey, hunter, and Pheeniks beat TMNT, that the achievement for beating it with all 4 turtles actually probably means beating with YOURSELF with all 4 turtles. as in you gotta beat the game 4 times.

:lol

I did get the acheivement for killing the final boss without dying. All i did was stand in the corner the whole fight :lol

Ironically i came up the last minute and delivered the final blow :lol :lol :lol

TMNT__Raphael__Bad_Moon_01_by_mooncalfe.jpg

The MAN

Top Bottom