• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm glad I'm not in this league. Teams like the Coogs can not hang with teams like Ohio State. The D they have and speed difference is insane.

Good fucking luck Smokey :lol

I also felt like I was playing madden for a sec, my qb was knocked into at least 3 ints instead of being sacked.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol @ dropped passes

also wtf at not letting me call a timeout, just so you know Ram I kept pressing select at the end of the 4th and it didn't work. I know I had two left.

Ramirez

Matrix said:
:lol @ dropped passes

also wtf at not letting me call a timeout, just so you know Ram I kept pressing select at the end of the 4th and it didn't work. I know I had two left.

Yea, the dropped passes sucked. Not sure why you were running hurry up at the end with so little time left, you were in FG range 2-3 plays before the clock ran out. :lol You should have also kicked the FG on 4th down in OT. :(

I thought it was a pretty awesome game aside from the dropped passes at the end...

This game plays so much better than Madden 10, it's like night and day difference. You can actually rely on all of your WR's routes working possibly, the hit stick doesn't have a magnet attached to it, etc. etc.

Still think a Dynasty with lesser teams would have been a lot more fun. I used UK against Matrix and it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be, but they are ranked all B's...

Matrix

Cause I was trying to get closer, cause my fg kicker sucks. I figured with hurry up you wouldn't have time to adjust as quickly and I had at least two time outs and figured I was ok.

Damn select button didn't work :\

I wanted to see how many in a row I could drop in OT :lol

That game was a ton of fun, playing against number 2 ranked Ohio... not so much.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
The hurry up definitely had my guys winded, they weren't guarding worth anything on that last drive. :lol

:lol

I should just play no huddle all game, I might win a few.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
Still think a Dynasty with lesser teams would have been a lot more fun. I used UK against Matrix and it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be, but they are ranked all B's...

Should have joined the other league :D

Smokey

Matrix said:
I'm glad I'm not in this league. Teams like the Coogs can not hang with teams like Ohio State. The D they have and speed difference is insane.

Good fucking luck Smokey :lol

I also felt like I was playing madden for a sec, my qb was knocked into at least 3 ints instead of being sacked.

Yeah I'll be going up against all the power schools, but its cool. We'll see how I can do. The Cougar D is lololol though. Pretty accurate. #1 in offense in the nation last season and then 2nd to last in defense so EA nailed it!

And I've been out..what is the dynasty name and pw?

Ramirez

Smokey said:
Yeah I'll be going up against all the power schools, but its cool. We'll see how I can do. The Cougar D is lololol though. Pretty accurate. #1 in offense in the nation last season and then 2nd to last in defense so EA nailed it!

And I've been out..what is the dynasty name and pw?

You should have an invite from FMT in game, just go to online dynasty from the menu.

Matrix

Smokey said:

True, but still playing with that D in game makes you feel like shit :lol Guys breaking off 80 yards runs on me is just flat out embarrassing.

LJ11

I threw a fade in the endzone against man coverage to win a game. Felt like a huge accomplisment, thought I would share.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
There are some sweet accomplishments in the game. Got one for scoring a td with a rb that was a formation sub.

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Schedule is up. Take a look and let me know if you have issues. Ill start it tonight!

Where's the schedule at? Can you move Alabama to the Pac 10 or wherever :p

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
it doesn't show in the game? :/

guess it wont show till i advance for you guys then!

Nope. DCX with the early lazy reading. OSU's regular schedule, he already plays Miami and Michigan (i.e. Somnia and Luke)

Lonestar said:
Nope. DCX with the early lazy reading. OSU's regular schedule, he already plays Miami and Michigan (i.e. Somnia and Luke)

then i guess you guys are in for a surprise when i advance!

btw DM has switched to oregon. PAC 10 representin'!

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
then i guess you guys are in for a surprise when i advance!

btw DM has switched to oregon. PAC 10 representin'!

Did I move to Big Televen?!?

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
should have picked a normal team and not bandwagoned onto bama! now you suffer the consequences!

p.s. you still have 4 or 5 human games, so you won't be TOO lonely!

Hows that possible? There are only so many OOC games! You could have just swapped Penn State and Alabama. They both worship dead guy's!

Lonestar

Oh yeah, just in case you didn't know, the roster limit is 70 (that might have been where NCAA games have always been, though I thought it used to be 75).

Anyways. It sucks. NCAA rosters are 85 :(

Ramirez

I have TWO games against humans? Is this correct? :(

edit: nvm, seems the schedule will change when FMT advances...which will be when?

gg lone, i am done playing exhibitions against top 5 teams. the amount of bullshit... wow :lol

i'll advance the league shortly. i was HOPING smokey would sign in but i guess it's too much trouble :/

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg lone, i am done playing exhibitions against top 5 teams. the amount of bullshit... wow :lol

i'll advance the league shortly. i was HOPING smokey would sign in but i guess it's too much trouble :/

Just to ask, was that a standard disconnect, gameshark ran out, or quit?

So...56-7, not too bad.

Probably should have lowered my Defense rating some before we start, eh.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:

That's how I felt after playing DCX using Ohio State last night :lol I will not waste my time playing against those teams in a scrim, no way to even compete.

Lonestar said:
Just to ask, was that a standard disconnect, gameshark ran out, or quit?

So...56-7, not too bad.

Probably should have lowered my Defense rating some before we start, eh.

i guarantee you won't beat me in online dynasty, no matter how good your auto-team is ;)

p.s. although we don't play in the regular season year 1 :(

Matrix

LJ11 said:
Anyone up for a game? Finally was able to connect to the fucking servers?

I'll play you, send an invite my way.

all you really have to do with any of the top teams is play man to man, bump and run defense. sure, once in a while you might give up a semi-big play, but 85% of the time the defense knows your routes and will run them for your receivers. infact, with a team like alabama you really don't need to blitz at all. their end just gets in on the qb basically every play unless you bring help from a rb or te, and even then there were a couple times where the ball gets snapped and they simply don't block him.

i know top 10 teams have all the talent and there's a reason they're top 10, but give me a break :lol

p.s. rocket catch with julio is impossible to stop

Lonestar

LJ11 said:
Anyone up for a game? Finally was able to connect to the fucking servers?

We can try!

Honestly, I'm worried. I've had 2 complete games. 1 versus FMT (with 4 disconnects), and 1 versus Matrix (think I had a disconnect with him).

2 tries with Story ended before they'd begin.

Anyone else having alot of disconnects?

Though, FMT. You managed to nano blitz once :(

Just think if McElroy was a bit more accurate (which is odd, he's got high accuracy). That early PA (probably in game 1) was open to Maze in the end zone. Just lofts it out the back of the end zone.

Lonestar said:
We can try!

Honestly, I'm worried. I've had 2 complete games. 1 versus FMT (with 4 disconnects), and 1 versus Matrix (think I had a disconnect with him).

2 tries with Story ended before they'd begin.

Anyone else having alot of disconnects?

aside from the ones with you i got DC from coldblooded and i think 1 other. definitely not just you, i think its the servers getting hammered (as they always do in week 1 of release)

if that was a nano-blitz (it was a d-lineman), then you nano-blitzed probably every other down.... through no fault of your own!

Matrix

Who wants to scrim? LJ is playing Ram it seems.

Lonestar

Matrix said:
Who wants to scrim? LJ is playing Ram it seems.

I'll play, but chose someone else for me to play as.

Also, FMT, I'm helping out everyone, by redshirting the shit out of my team. My starting D won't be quite as strong. I know I'm redshirting my 2nd DT (90 rated) as well as loads of my LB's (Jerrell Harris 92 included) and some of my DB's.

Now, my starters are still there, but won't have my all american bakkups :p

Debating whether to redshirt Trent Richardson as well.

Matrix

Lonestar said:

I don't care who you use, just not a top 5 team.

Lonestar said:

Also, FMT, I'm helping out everyone, by redshirting the shit out of my team. My starting D won't be quite as strong. I know I'm redshirting my 2nd DT (90 rated) as well as loads of my LB's (Jerrell Harris 92 included) and some of my DB's.

Now, my starters are still there, but won't have my all american bakkups :p

Debating whether to redshirt Trent Richardson as well.

sliders will help a lot. don't feel obligated to help anyone out.... you want to win!

there will be similar 4th down rules to madden though.... both of which we broke :D

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sliders will help a lot. don't feel obligated to help anyone out.... you want to win!

there will be similar 4th down rules to madden though.... both of which we broke :D

More like you.

I went for it when we were tied, before halftime, and I don't think my FG kicker can hit a 53 yarder.

LJ11

Ram sent me an invite right after I posted, sorry for leaving some of you hanging!

Good game Ram. Caught a few breaks with some passes, turned out to be bigger gains than they should have been. Ponder is much more elusive than I thought he was.

Ramirez

LJ11 said:
Ram sent me an invite right after I posted, sorry for leaving some of you hanging!

Good game Ram. Caught a few breaks with some passes, turned out to be bigger gains than they should have been. Ponder is much more elusive than I thought he was.

Yea, good game. I blew so many opportunities, mainly the missed FG and manual D on the first TD. I'm finding it extremely hard to time the swat, and even when I do, the guy sometimes still goes in a completely different direction. :lol

My freaking TE picked my WR on that slant INT, he was wide open. :( After that and my RB getting hurt, it was lights out, the game tried to BS me to a victory towards the end though, lol.

Matrix

WTF do the Coogs drop so many fucking passes.

I hate their run D, christ it's so bad.

Lonestar

holy shit, who is Geno Smith???

Is the Air Raid alot of outward slants? Man, that was open alot, probably as it should be on man defense

And how do you operate the 3-3-5. Just some funky stuff in there.

Top Bottom