• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Matrix or whoever,

You can have my spot in this league. In fact, I am resigning from this and Madden. I am not competitive in these games and frankly, someone who has the time and energy to play these games deserves this much more. I truly appreciate the opportunity but it is time for me to accept the fact that I quite simply do not have the skills to offer what so many in this league deserve - a challenge.

Thanks for the opportunity. This will be my final appearance in any league on GAF.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sorry to hear that Denogg.

Not sure if I want in, I'll have to think it over.

Two leagues is a lot, plus madden. Not sure I can handle that.

DenogginizerOS

Matrix said:
Sorry to hear that Denogg.

Not sure if I want in, I'll have to think it over.

Two leagues is a lot, plus madden. Not sure I can handle that.
I understand. I feel terrible about stepping in and I apologize. You or someone else should get this spot though. At the very least, this league can be restarted because the cheats are active ;)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
If i make DCX rage quit this season, i was just doing you a favor buddy!

LJ im eating now so anytime after 15 minutes or so i can play

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
I understand. I feel terrible about stepping in and I apologize. You or someone else should get this spot though. At the very least, this league can be restarted because the cheats are active ;)

It could allow me to confer with FMT about deleveling Alabama to a realistic level.

But I'd miss Random 5 Star DT.

dang, sorry to see you go denogg, but if you aren't enjoying yourself you aren't enjoying yourself. thanks for your years of service :(

on another note, i could've sworn i have "shortcuts" turned off. are they showing as enabled for you guys? isn't that the cheats?

DenogginizerOS

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dang, sorry to see you go denogg, but if you aren't enjoying yourself you aren't enjoying yourself. thanks for your years of service :(

on another note, i could've sworn i have "shortcuts" turned off. are they showing as enabled for you guys? isn't that the cheats?
I appreciate it. I am going to take a break from football and hold off on any decisions about Madden until close to league start. I want to be absolutely certain I am comfortable with what I can achieve, and right now I need a lot of work.

And yes, the special perks are on. The 2 recruiting report things I have showed up.

somnia i'll be around tonight to do this.

also luke said that the sliders played very well. guys keep me posted on what you think of the sliders (win or lose!)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ram is so going to rage quit! :p

CB3

@ LJ
@ Easy Button Alabama back to back to start the season?

I see you FMT. I see you...

Ramirez

Ugh, I should have been in that game, if not won it. Two crucial 3rd downs early on deflated me, had both stopped in the backfield only to see a stupid broken tackle animation that no other defender can cancel out. :( Bama's QB stat line was 3/7 for 38 yards, awesome, the RB's numbers were inflated from a couple of breakaways, one which should have been stopped easily.

The input lag was awful as well, felt like I was steering a boat while running or trying to tackle. :lol Oh well, didn't expect to win it. These game wrap ups in game are awesome, it's shameful that the Madden team is leaving theirs unchanged.

edit: forgot my awesome run for about 20+ with one person to beat...fumble...FUUUUUUUU, oh and an option pitch got intercepted, that was great too.

Lonestar

Did I really need to throw the ball any, once up 28-0?

You seemed to have trouble defending the Pistol. I shall continue to see if others have trouble with The Pistol.

BTW...where is DM?

BTW, any video saved in the game, is uploaded too. Doesn't seem to be attributable to your "Media Lounge" area, which has always had that 5 video limit.

Ramirez

Lonestar said:
Did I really need to throw the ball any, once up 28-0?

You seemed to have trouble defending the Pistol. I shall continue to see if others have trouble with The Pistol.

BTW...where is DM?

BTW, any video saved in the game, is uploaded too. Doesn't seem to be attributable to your "Media Lounge" area, which has always had that 5 video limit.

No, I'm pretty sure you could have sit your controller down, let the cpu run the plays and won actually.

Anyone want to play?

Lonestar

Ramirez said:
No, I'm pretty sure you could have sit your controller down, let the cpu run the plays and won actually.

Anyone want to play?

That's kinda what I did... The runs early were me, though the break tackle TD was that standard Uber Back break tackle.

I'll play. Who's your next opponent?

CB3

I knocked Alabama in alot of my recruiting. if i cant beat your superteam on the field ill do it in the meetings damnit

Lonestar

CB3 said:
I knocked Alabama in alot of my recruiting. if i cant beat your superteam on the field ill do it in the meetings damnit

Sadly, the backups on the team will last me 4 seasons, before any possible lack of recruiting can effect the team.

Ramirez

Lonestar said:
That's kinda what I did... The runs early were me, though the break tackle TD was that standard Uber Back break tackle.

I'll play. Who's your next opponent?

Ah, I haven't checked, I might use Kentucky.

Somnia

ugh...GG FMT. I was happy with my d play overall I'd say, but I really wish I would have gotten more than 1 game in before my first dynasty game to learn the offense. I felt like all of my passes were way off. I need to learn this game!

LJ11

Ramirez said:
Ugh, I should have been in that game, if not won it. Two crucial 3rd downs early on deflated me, had both stopped in the backfield only to see a stupid broken tackle animation that no other defender can cancel out. :( Bama's QB stat line was 3/7 for 38 yards, awesome, the RB's numbers were inflated from a couple of breakaways, one which should have been stopped easily.

The input lag was awful as well, felt like I was steering a boat while running or trying to tackle. :lol Oh well, didn't expect to win it. These game wrap ups in game are awesome, it's shameful that the Madden team is leaving theirs unchanged.

edit: forgot my awesome run for about 20+ with one person to beat...fumble...FUUUUUUUU, oh and an option pitch got intercepted, that was great too.

Yeah, there's definitely some lag when playing online, pretty big difference from offline.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
I'll have the game around Tuesday

Nice Bob/Frankman act.

any comments on the sliders?

to be honest my game with somnia didn't seem that much different.... both D's were all OVER the play destroying things and picking off passes.

LJ11

Any of you try recruiting via the web?

I tried one Call, and the convo didn't load properly. Now I can't approach him until the next week.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
any comments on the sliders?

to be honest my game with somnia didn't seem that much different.... both D's were all OVER the play destroying things and picking off passes.

I definitely noticed that Man Coverage was toned down, everything else felt the same for the most part.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
The dude in the alley said he would have the game by Tuesday, he swore.

:lol

i'm getting that maybe we should tone down the pass rush. can't say i disagree, both myself and somnia were ferocious on the line basically hitting the qb on every drop back

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm getting that maybe we should tone down the pass rush. can't say i disagree, both myself and somnia were ferocious on the line basically hitting the qb on every drop back

What's the difference between decreasing pass rush vs increasing pass block?

Lonestar

LJ11 said:
What's the difference between decreasing pass rush vs increasing pass block?

Unknown.

Fun game playing with a team I hate. Back up Caudle with the "where did he come from" game.

BTW, Auburn's actual offense is the hurry up. AUTHENTIC!

Ramirez

Lonestar said:
Unknown.

Fun game playing with a team I hate. Back up Caudle with the "where did he come from" game.

BTW, Auburn's actual offense is the hurry up. AUTHENTIC!

Yup, that was fun, just wish there hadn't of been so many fumbles.

Might I add, the input lag in the game I just played with Lone was probably the best I've had online, but the franchise game was awful on my end. There's always a noticeable difference between offline/online for me, but it was very noticeable in the Bama game. I dunno.

Lonestar

Ramirez said:

Might I add, the input lag in the game I just played with Lone was probably the best I've had online, but the franchise game was awful on my end. There's always a noticeable difference between offline/online for me, but it was very noticeable in the Bama game. I dunno.

ALSO authentic to the Auburn Experience :p Usually against Auburn, but oh well.

Cam Newton got knocked out of the game early :lol Probably to go check out available laptops at Kentucky.

Perhaps it was because you hosted this time. I saw no real lag difference in either game.

Ramirez said:

it's part of the Easy Button feature for bama this year. if you play in bama your guys go haywire, if you get past that you have to deal with bamas great offense, if you get past that you have to deal with their incredible defense, and if you get past all that keep in mind only you are lagging. lonestars game was actually running SMOOTHER than single player because he was using bama. thank god you can't export NCAA teams to madden, because they would destroy every nfl team as well. thank you tiburon for not including that requested feature

Ramirez said:
I think we only have one game left, unless we're waiting for DM. :p

Looks like I have an open week next though. :(

I haven't heard from Smokey yet, but I don't think I'll be able to play tonight anyway.

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
Which rosters did we end up using? The ratings are slightly different for Fairdale Kings than they are in our dynasty

We're using what was called "Community Rosters" on Operation Sports. They mentioned that they removed/moved players that have transferred/quit/added. Not sure how close to 100% accurate they got. I know they removed Star Jackson QB from Alabama, because he transferred. Same with a few other players. But rating changes, I don't think they adjusted.

Fairdale King's roster, is literally the out of the box EA Roster, just with names.

Ramirez

Lonestar said:
We're using what was called "Community Rosters" on Operation Sports. They mentioned that they removed/moved players that have transferred/quit/added. Not sure how close to 100% accurate they got. I know they removed Star Jackson QB from Alabama, because he transferred. Same with a few other players. But rating changes, I don't think they adjusted.

Fairdale King's roster, is literally the out of the box EA Roster, just with names.

Can I change it now or is it too late? I used FK's because Matrix said it was good in the other thread. :p

Lonestar

Ramirez said:
Can I change it now or is it too late? I used FK's because Matrix said it was good in the other thread. :p

Change what?

FK's good for scrimmages, because they're the default rosters anyway. If you're talking about a dynasty you've started, don't think you can change it.

Ramirez

Lonestar said:
Change what?

FK's good for scrimmages, because they're the default rosters anyway. If you're talking about a dynasty you've started, don't think you can change it.

You made it sound like the OS one's removed players, but thinking about it more, I guess FMT's rosters are the ones everyone is using, or no? /confused

Ramirez said:
You made it sound like the OS one's removed players, but thinking about it more, I guess FMT's rosters are the ones everyone is using, or no? /confused

The one FMT used to start the dynasty is the one everyone uses. For any other dynasty that YOU start, you can use any roster you want.

Top Bottom