• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lonestar said:
holy shit, who is Geno Smith???

Is the Air Raid alot of outward slants? Man, that was open alot, probably as it should be on man defense

And how do you operate the 3-3-5. Just some funky stuff in there.

tons of slants. You also were playing with the second coming of Vince Young it seems :\

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
7 for 10 140 yards and 9 runs for 90 yards hahaha

Wonder if Alabama has a Geno Smith.

Nah, they took Star Jackson off Alabama. He was the only QB with speed. For Now....

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Keenum is a fast QB and I'm not sure why he feels so slow on the move in this game. He's got that awesome quick release, but he's better on his feet in real life than in this game. Or I just suck.

Matrix

Anyone sometimes have a slight little lag delay when trying to user tackle yourself? I think that's costing me as well. I just completely whiff, maybe I'm trying to play D too much like Madden.

Matrix

:lol @ my safety, that must have been me who took control... ugh

lmao @ my mascot, I shamed him.

Nothing is a bug against the Coogs run D, but you take those two insane QB runs away and it was a good game.

ive been TRYING to wait for smokey to sign in so i make sure the schedule is right but if he isn't signed in by tomorrow morning i'm starting the league without doing his schedule. he will obviously play some human opponents because i scheduled "houston" to play some people, but whatever.

dm wasn't a problem because he changed to oregon so i know he already has 2 human opponents in the pac 10 and scheduled 2 others. the problem with smokey is i can't see his other open dates to coordinate more human games.

but oh well, tomorrow morning we advance U2 style

Ramirez

Lonestar said:
holy shit, who is Geno Smith???

Is the Air Raid alot of outward slants? Man, that was open alot, probably as it should be on man defense

And how do you operate the 3-3-5. Just some funky stuff in there.

I can run it amazingly well with the Steelers, but anytime I've tried to use it in this I get torched. :lol

ok guys, finally done with the schedule and will advance after i post the rules here. a few things:

1. i know the schedule is unrealistic because you would never see top teams playing in week 1, but remember in order to have human opponents i basically only have like 5 or 6 open slots so i have to do it that way!

2. except for notre dame, who for some reason i could edit ALL weeks :lol at one point LJ had 7 human opponents.... so i brought that down to 5.

3. smokey has 3 human opponents. it is almost impossible for me to schedule him against 4 without having his schedule there in front of me because he doesn't show up as available to play in certain weeks, so its the best i could do, not favoritism!

4. important: PLEASE TEST THE SLIDERS OUT AND GIVE ME FEEDBACK! i'm not going to overturn any games if you play and the sliders are horrible, but i will fix them for the following week if there are issues. here are the sliders i'm using:

Time Savers: Disabled
Skill: All-american
Recruiting difficulty: All American
Injuries/Fatigue: On
Quarter length: 7 mins
Game speed: Normal
Player min speed threshold: 25 (A low setting will create the greatest speed difference between the slowest and fastest players in the game; the default is 50)
Homefield advantage: On
Ice the kicker: On

Human/CPU
QB Accuracy 25/30
Pass Blocking: 50/50
WR catching: 55/60
RB ability: 45/55
Run Blocking: 30/70
Pass Coverage: 35/40
Pass Rush: 45/25
Interceptions: 35/40
Rush D: 30/60
Tackling: 35/45
FG power: 25/25
FG accuracy: 20/55
Punt Power: 40/45
Punt Accuracy: 25/75
Kickoff Power: 35/45

btw DCX i apologize but your week 1 game is against the CPU. i honestly did everything i could to get everyone to play a human week 1, but when DM changed from UNLV to oregon it just couldn't happen.

you are still playing 4 human opponents though.

Ramirez

I haven't played with it obviously, but I felt the speed threshold was fine on default, I've already seen a billion break away plays, won't this just increase it even more?

Ramirez said:
I haven't played with it obviously, but I felt the speed threshold was fine on default, I've already seen a billion break away plays, won't this just increase it even more?

my issue is there is NO separation with WR's and cb's. i've also seen LB's stick with my WR's who are supposed to be fast. but what is everyone elses thoughts on this? bump it back to 50? try it at what it's at?

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
my issue is there is NO separation with WR's and cb's. i've also seen LB's stick with my WR's who are supposed to be fast. but what is everyone elses thoughts on this? bump it back to 50? try it at what it's at?

I'm totally fine with trying it, I hadn't even thought of it in that sense.

I get to open at Bama, WOO.

I'll be able to play tonight Lone, probably around 12 EST, depends on when I get the baby to sleep.

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
advanced to week 1!

somnia when can you play?
Thug play in Miami returns :D

I can play tonight after 11pm CST or anytime Monday, after 730pm cst Tuesday and Wednesday.

Ramirez said:
I'm totally fine with trying it, I hadn't even thought of it in that sense.

I get to open at Bama, WOO.

I'll be able to play tonight Lone, probably around 12 EST, depends on when I get the baby to sleep.

sorry ram, someone had to plus the superfriends eventually :/

LJ11

I just want USC/Michigan on my schedule every season, it's why I picked ND (know the roster as well).

Edit: No Michigan :( But at least USC's going down in week 1! Bama in week 12...hmmm

I haven't checked my schedule yet, but please keep South Carolina on my schedule, FMT. They're a rivalry game and I need that bonus for recruiting awesomeness.

Azwethinkweiz said:
I haven't checked my schedule yet, but please keep South Carolina on my schedule, FMT. They're a rivalry game and I need that bonus for recruiting awesomeness.

i remembered this from 09 and left them on your schedule. they are the last game of your season ;)

LJ i didn't match you up with michigan..... had to move some stuff around to make sure everyone had the right amount of human games :(

in my defense, i did post this on the 15th:

p.s. any requests on matchups can be made now (requesting to play or not to play someone). i'll do the matchups soon. not like we need to be in a hurry, dm doesn't have the game yet! although we could start without him

luckily for az i remembered about south carolina or i would've moved that game off too. sorry dude!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ram, I'm around if you wanna play.

Watched Inception earlier.

Yeah, not sure how to characterize that movie :lol

Why is 70% of my starters on the 1st team all America list... :lol

Lonestar said:
Ram, I'm around if you wanna play.

Watched Inception earlier.

Yeah, not sure how to characterize that movie :lol

Why is 70% of my starters on the 1st team all America list... :lol

because you have the best team in the game? and the best team by a large margin!

i did my recruiting and i like it a lot better this year than in 09. the interface is better as are the options. it's basically a minigame within the game and doesn't really feel as much of a chore as it did in 09. maybe this will change over time but so far it's pretty interesting.

of course the sucky part is the only recruits interested in my squad are 3 stars. there are a couple 4 star guys where i'm in their top 10 but nothing like alabama, usc, ohio state, etc etc.

i'll still take you fuckers out.... with a little Luck :D

andrew-luck-2.jpg

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
welp, that's what we get for allowing any teams! although, michigan has some 5-star recruits that are interested too :lol

Michigan is the school where stars go to die :(

I keep lying and telling the recruits I can get them to the pros

LukeSmith said:
Michigan is the school where stars go to die :(

I keep lying and telling the recruits I can get them to the pros

i like how you can skip pitches. i was recruiting a 3 star QB and it was "Playing time as a freshman?"

"uhhh... we'll talk about that later... ANYWAYS, how about stanfords academic program bro!?"

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i like how you can skip pitches. i was recruiting a 3 star QB and it was "Playing time as a freshman?"

"uhhh... we'll talk about that later... ANYWAYS, how about stanfords academic program bro!?"

The recruiting seems much easier to understand than last year's version. Last year I was as effective at recruiting as real life RichRod

guys dont forget you can go to practice mode in the dynasty at any time.

i tried out the sliders are they are pretty good so far. you can complete comebacks, slants, and outs in the right circumstances, but this is against the stanford D (not a great pass D, but not awful either).

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys dont forget you can go to practice mode in the dynasty at any time.

i tried out the sliders are they are pretty good so far. you can complete comebacks, slants, and outs in the right circumstances, but this is against the stanford D (not a great pass D, but not awful either).

Did not know this, I'll play a few games tonight.

Matrix

Azwethinkweiz said:
Matrix, when will you be available for our game? You're Houston, right?

I just chill in here cause the other league is full of mutes :p

Like DCX said Smokey has them in this league.

Top Bottom