• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DMczaf said:
Washington ain't losing, they play gimmes the rest of the way. Locker beasts in Simulated games!

If me and Washington both win out, we will tie in conference record. I have the tie breaker since i destroyed Washington earlier in the year. Overall record wont factor into the Pac-10 Championship

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm really not sure you'd see DCX in the Rose Bowl. Unless he slips up against an AI team, he's either in the BCS game (if he beats Luke) or he loses to Luke, then it'll be up to where Luke is in the polls. If he's high enough to go to the BCS game, you'll probably see DCX. Otherwise, you'll see Luke.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Of couse I lose to wash in the sim. U better not advance till sat dm! Probably going to miss out on a bowl bc of that loss :(

2 2-pt losses are going to send me to the Del Taco Bowl against you.

The Macho Burrito Cup is mine!

CB3

Lonestar said:
I'm really not sure you'd see DCX in the Rose Bowl. Unless he slips up against an AI team, he's either in the BCS game (if he beats Luke) or he loses to Luke, then it'll be up to where Luke is in the polls. If he's high enough to go to the BCS game, you'll probably see DCX. Otherwise, you'll see Luke.

I expect Luke to beat DCX so thats why i said it.

2 2-pt losses are going to send me to the Del Taco Bowl against you.

The Macho Burrito Cup is mine!

:lol :lol

LukeSmith

CB3 said:
If i can win the Pac-10 ill see Luke or DCX in the Rosebowl. Its win-win

It'll be DCX, I am out of town Sat-Wed and then Aug 15-23 and then Aug 26-Sept 1. Though, I may take my console with me Astro style on the Sat-Wed trip

DMczaf

LukeSmith said:
It'll be DCX, I am out of town Sat-Wed and then Aug 15-23 and then Aug 26-Sept 1. Though, I may take my console with me Astro style on the Sat-Wed trip

Don't you guys have 360s falling out of your asses after all these years?

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
Don't you guys have 360s falling out of your asses after all these years?

Sure, but camping and then playing from Germany seems like a pretty meh situation - it's bad enough scheduling from the Best Coast

Ramirez

Another cpu loss, FUUUUUUUUU. If they hadn't of fumbled like 5-6 times they would have beat me by 40. They had 3 passes that game where the WR/TE basically jumped to the moon to grab the ball, and one late in the game that was overturned even though the guys foot was completely out of bounds. :| The OL's are still opening up huge holes, nothing I can do, so stupid.

Playing the cpu is tedious, roll on Madden.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Ram

Plug in the sliders I posted and use the CK-11 roster we are using and see if you like them. I am still testing them but I can already say that tackling is vastly improved.

As for the CPU, three games in a row now I have found myself scrapping just to get back to the line of scrimmage on runs. I have one of the best RB tandems (had; Williams is done for the season). In addition, the total inability to make open field tackles on 3rd down plays has killed me. At the very least, look at the disparity in our sliders compared to the 5 OS slider sets.

EASports said:
A blog with details will be coming soon, but here is answers to many of the questions already asked:

Q: Will I need to restart my Dynasties for these changes to work?
A: You do not need to start your Dynasty over, these changes will be applied to all Offline and Online Dynasties after you download the file. Dynasties that are past years 4 and 5 might take a season or two before everything is back on track.

Q: Should I put my existing Dynasties on hold? Or do I just continue playing?
A: Continue playing the game, like the previous question these changes will work on any current Dynasty.

Q: Are the Live Tuning Packs optional? Can I revert back to the older version if I don’t like the changes?
A: For Offline game modes if you do not download the file the changes will not be made (or you can delete the file from the File Management screen), however for all Online game modes you will need the changes. Do note that any changes we make are to improve the game.

Q: Will this update fix the high number of injuries or fumbles?
A: Both are very subjective thing, the data we’ve been tracking does not indicate there is a high amount of either. But we will continue to monitor them. Keep in mind if you’re trying to break out of a lot of tackles your chance to fumble goes up and you can use the Game-Planning options in Play Call to cut down on fumbles.

Q: Will the LTP change my Rosters?
A: There is no impact on Rosters.

Q: How do LTP’s impact my sliders settings?
A: None of the changes in Live Tuner Package 1 will change anything with Sliders. You will not have to reset them.

Q: Do LTP’s have different effects on each difficulty level or does everything change?
A: For the game play changes, yes. But they have been tuned to be in-line with the difficulty of each level.

Q: How will Online Games be impacted – do I need these for Head to Head?
A: They will automatically be downloaded for every Head to Head game. You do not need to save them.

Q: Does this fix Dynasty Not Available?
A: We’ve been working on these as quickly as possible (and have fixed a number already). Please keep checking our NCAA 11 Forums for more information.

Available NOW!

And more.... http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=Live Tuning

Russ said:
THE FIRST LIVE TUNING PACKAGE FOR NCAA FOOTBALL 11 WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING UPDATES:

• Increased the default starting values for all Recruits.
• Slightly increased progression for low and mid tier teams.
• Tuned CPU recruiting to prevent teams from signing too many players at any one particular position.
• Increased CPU's focus upon needed positions in recruiting.
• Top schools will sign 5 star prospects earlier in the season.
• After a recruit Soft Commits, any CPU team that is not ranked in the top three will spend significantly less time calling the recruit.
• Addressed an issue with big lineman jumping too high and deflecting passes.
• Tuned ESPN U Top 150 Players to be more in line with actual top 150 recruits by decreasing the number of Fullbacks and Kickers.
• Tuned Field Goal, Kick Offs, and Punting in Super Sim.

Some additional LTP changes will not be put into place until after Title Update 2 (currently estimate is in Mid-August). More details to follow, but we expect to address items such as Kicker and Awareness Progression.

My kicker is a senior. If my next guy has a KPW of like 70 due to the stupid recruiting bug, you asshats can be expecting me to go for it on 4th down anywhere behind the 25 yard line. You have been warned.

Lonestar

Azwethinkweiz said:
My kicker is a senior. If my next guy has a KPW of like 70 due to the stupid recruiting bug, you asshats can be expecting me to go for it on 4th down anywhere behind the 25 yard line. You have been warned.

My kicker is a Freshman. But has 81 kicking power. I have actually been short on 35 yard field goals.

DenogginizerOS

I have had ZERO luck recruiting a punter and a FB. NONE. I invested so much time in people (people who had expressed top 3-5 interest in VT) and all of the people I recruited have gone on to other teams. I am now recruiting 1-2 star punters and FB/athletes and am having no luck. I may be going for it a lot next season. :lol

Lonestar

I just added a 3 star kicker, who must be begging to come to Alabama. Never paid him any attention, but I'm still his #1 candidate, and he's already over 50% of "whatever it is you call the bar" Bar.

I need some WR's though. Only Team Need I'm lacking.

Lonestar said:
I just added a 3 star kicker, who must be begging to come to Alabama. Never paid him any attention, but I'm still his #1 candidate, and he's already over 50% of "whatever it is you call the bar" Bar.

I need some WR's though. Only Team Need I'm lacking.

Interest Bar?

LukeSmith

Yeah, I'm not going to end up filling all of my needs this season in recruiting. I don't even think I'll end up getting 25 scholarships accepted. "Coach lukesmith your [sic] doing it wrong"

LukeSmith said:
Yeah, I'm not going to end up filling all of my needs this season in recruiting. I don't even think I'll end up getting 25 scholarships accepted. "Coach lukesmith your [sic] doing it wrong"

I don't think I've ever had 25 scholarships accepted in a year. You're only allowed 70 people on your roster anyway. 25*4 = 100, so if you get 25 students a year, you'll be way over anyway.

Lonestar

Not Counting losing any Juniors early, or transfers, I'm probably already got enough commitments to match outgoing seniors.

Ramirez

DMczaf said:
What are your thoughts on Denog's sliders? I'll put them in if we get everyone's ok

FU FMT!

I don't think anything could be worse than what we're currently using, from my personal experience anyways.

Lonestar

Ramirez said:
I don't think anything could be worse than what we're currently using, from my personal experience anyways.

I'm trying to understand what Denogg's post is trying to say. Is the 1st group the current ratings were doing? Seems like his 3rd post is making the CPU better than it was.

Lonestar said:
I'm trying to understand what Denogg's post is trying to say. Is the 1st group the current ratings were doing? Seems like his 3rd post is making the CPU better than it was.

Yeah I noticed that too. It seemed like the OS sliders actually buffed the CPU more.

Ramirez

FMT should put them back to whatever he had them during the first few weeks of the season, the cpu wasn't that hard, but you still couldn't sleep through the game and win.

I can't really explain why I'm losing these games, I can accept the fact that I'm not the best player, but on the same foot, I know that if I can be in a game with LJ, CB, etc. that the cpu should not be beating me by 20. The games just feel like a mess, a good example is last night, I was down 14-0, I get a big TD play, then they fumble the kickoff and I score again, it's tied, and then less than 2-3 minutes later I was down by 14 again. :lol It just feels like a rubberband match to me.

Lonestar

Ramirez said:
FMT should put them back to whatever he had them during the first few weeks of the season, the cpu wasn't that hard, but you still couldn't sleep through the game and win.

I can't really explain why I'm losing these games, I can accept the fact that I'm not the best player, but on the same foot, I know that if I can be in a game with LJ, CB, etc. that the cpu should not be beating me by 20. The games just feel like a mess, a good example is last night, I was down 14-0, I get a big TD play, then they fumble the kickoff and I score again, it's tied, and then less than 2-3 minutes later I was down by 14 again. :lol It just feels like a rubberband match to me.
well, first few weeks weren't CPU games. So, not sure what a change might do.

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
The tackling is one are where my sliders improve significantly over what we are currently using. However, I am by no means suggesting mine will be better. I just took the average of 5 slider sets and then compared them to ours. Where there are negative numbers in my comparisons, that means we are below the average of what OS is using.

Personally, I think Run blocking and Rush defense should be 45/55

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
Were the sliders made easier from the time the league started to now?

No one knows. FMT was just randomly moving knobs and buttons. Apparently, that's how you guy's roll over on the Best Coast.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
No one knows. FMT was just randomly moving knobs and buttons. Apparently, that's how you guy's roll over on the Best Coast.

What is the overall complaint? It's harder to run now? People are losing more? The computer is a challenge right now and people don't want that? The sliders are different from OS? All of these, some of these, something else?

I have 2 INTs or something as a team this year and 2 of the top 5 sack guys in the nation, are those sliders busted too? (Maybe they are?)

CB3

People want the CPU to be free wins.

I lost to the damn CPU in the BCS game in 09. Deal with it

Lol nice lone. I posted specifically what I adjusted everytime based on everyones feedback and it made the cpu WORSE! But if u guys want it back to the beginning be careful wat you wish for!

Lonestar

:p

My only complaint was some shoddy overkill in CPU Rush Defense, where there's always a DE or DT that literally blows up a double team block, at the same time as the handoff. I could see this on some of the lesser teams facing a good DLine. But my line is high 80's/low 90's across, and they shouldn't be turning into swiss cheese 7 times out of 10.

I've since found that Draw plays can disable this some of the time, so it's been what I've been using the last 2 games. So, instead of having a 98 rated RB behind a 90 OLine run 15 times for 4 yards, I'm up to running 24 times for 124 yards. It's not a 10 YPC average like I had against USC, but a nice, normal 4.5 YPC average.

Lonestar said:
:p

My only complaint was some shoddy overkill in CPU Rush Defense, where there's always a DE or DT that literally blows up a double team block, at the same time as the handoff. I could see this on some of the lesser teams facing a good DLine. But my line is high 80's/low 90's across, and they shouldn't be turning into swiss cheese 7 times out of 10.

I've since found that Draw plays can disable this some of the time, so it's been what I've been using the last 2 games. So, instead of having a 98 rated RB behind a 90 OLine run 15 times for 4 yards, I'm up to running 24 times for 124 yards. It's not a 10 YPC average like I had against USC, but a nice, normal 4.5 YPC average.

And yet even with these awful sliders where you are getting hit in the backfield every play you are averaging 125+ yards per game. You truly have it tough!

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
And yet even with these awful sliders where you are getting hit in the backfield every play you are averaging 125+ yards per game. You truly have it tough!

Like I said, I found an exploit, and I'm using it!

It's not like I want to run draw plays all night long. I want to get back to power running, dives, stretch's, counters, tosses. But the CPU snuffs those out.

CB3

If i can run with Bradford who moves like JaMarcus Russel, anyone can run. I dont need to exploit the CPU to do it either

DenogginizerOS said:
So, Ram and I suck and/or we are imagining things.

But what was wrong with the sliders before they were adjusted?

Im not saying that. Did you guys even play the cpu in the beginning? I changed them because people asked for it

DenogginizerOS

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Im not saying that. Did you guys even play the cpu in the beginning? I changed them because people asked for it
Who asked for the changes? I don't remember seeing anything.

I played Boston College and NC State. Both were away games.

DenogginizerOS

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Look through the thread. I was continually asking for input and got it. Btw the most major change happened after week 1
I am looking through the thread. I see Lonestar talking about rushing issues and you then posted the changes. That was the week I played Smokey.
I found this:
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'll look at the run blocking slider after this week. anyone else feel the run game is overpowered?
And then I later saw Luke and CB3 suggest CPU Run ability needs to be dimished. I guess the question I have is why their complaints warranted a change, but now that the changes have been made and some of us are struggling, we have to make a case for why they have to be returned? LJ and I were speaking after week 2 on AIM about how the game provided a good challenge. I see that you lost a game or two in that stretch. Again, if the game was providing a challenge then, I don't understand why they needed to be changed. At this point, I am not exactly sure what the slider adjustments you made have done, if anything. But I do know that at about the time the changes were made, a few of us started having a considerably more difficult time against the CPU. Again, it may not be the sliders at all. It is just frustrating.

That and aim. It doesnt matter to me to change it. I obliterated the cpu before and after. But if 3 people have issues and 9 dont then its hard. But we will see how going back effects everyone and then go from there

DenogginizerOS

FrenchMovieTheme said:
That and aim. It doesnt matter to me to change it. I obliterated the cpu before and after. But if 3 people have issues and 9 dont then its hard. But we will see how going back effects everyone and then go from there
5 of your first 6 opponents were human. 1 game against UCLA pre changes is hardly a good representation.

But since you are offering to return them to the original form, what was the source for the slider settings we started with?

Top Bottom