• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
so you want to be able to run for 200 yards per quarter with ingram and have your immaculate td/int ratio kept intact as well with no threat from the cpu? :lol

I only ran for 4.5 Ypc :p

I've been on the bandwagon since we started, I didn't want to play this much CPU games. Either they are cakewalks, or the CPU bends the odds in it's favor. I wanted full competition with human players. But you didn't want to do that.

lonestars concerns alone weren't the reason for change. a few people also said that passing was getting too easy for human player.

and cb i wouldn't really call the CPU "harder", it's just a different style of game. the running lanes will be there at times and you have to take advantage. the passing windows are smaller and the CPU doesn't bite as much on pump fakes. so it's not like you're going from a level 7 difficulty up to a 10. i'd say if you are a passing team it goes from a 7 to an 8, and if you are a running team (overall) there really isn't much of a change in difficulty.

Lonestar said:
I only ran for 4.5 Ypc :p

I've been on the bandwagon since we started, I didn't want to play this much CPU games. Either they are cakewalks, or the CPU bends the odds in it's favor. I wanted full competition with human players. But you didn't want to do that.

as much fan as all being in the same division would be, it wouldn't be fun midway through the season where basically every human player is eliminated from a BCS game and half the division would be eliminated from bowl games by the end of the year.

i actually enjoy playing the CPU. they put up a good fight and the games are enjoyable. it sounds like you are going into rage mode when the CPU stops you or scores on you when you feel they shouldn't be able to. stop nitpicking on everything and just enjoy the game. all playing in the same division isn't going to solve your problem because you would just get pissed about something else a human player is doing to the mighty alabama that they shouldn't be able to do

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So now i gotta overcome Rival games on the road with that BS homefield advantage making Barkley even more innacurate. And now its harder to pass?

Ill overcome the odds and the bitching! This pac-10 Title is mine motherfuckers

if all else fails ill just backwards lead draw my way to victory since that seems to be ok with you guys

LJ11

CB3 said:
So now i gotta overcome Rival games on the road with that BS homefield advantage making Barkley even more innacurate. And now its harder to pass?

if all else fails ill just backwards lead draw my way to victory since that seems to be ok with you guys

Just don't lead the pass as much. The ones I missed were rockets that I tried to lead a bit much. I was still able to lead the receiver, even in man coverage. It just wasn't as easy, especially if I was trying to throw a hard ball. I pass more than anyone and I thought it was fine once I figured things out.

CB3 said:

lol what am i supposed to do about lonestar cheesing the CPU? "don't do it!" ok? there is no way to verify how anyone plays the game against a CPU. if he wants to use exploits he's going to use exploits. doesn't sound like it would be any fun but it's his time!

Lonestar

Pfft, draw play isn't guaranteed, isn't near as bad as madden hb flats, and you still have to manage the running lanes. You guys seem to be saying: don't use plays that can work, only use ones that don't!

Lonestar said:
Pfft, draw play isn't guaranteed, isn't near as bad as madden hb flats, and you still have to manage the running lanes. You guys seem to be saying: don't use plays that can work, only use ones that don't!

it was YOU that said you were using an exploit, no one else said that about your running before you said it yourself

GG, Ramirez. I feel like neither of us could stop the other in the run. I guess I just broke a couple more big ones. Don't worry, Jamie Harper is not nearly that good in real life. He does, however, fumble that much.

Ramirez

Azwethinkweiz said:
GG, Ramirez. I feel like neither of us could stop the other in the run. I guess I just broke a couple more big ones. Don't worry, Jamie Harper is not nearly that good in real life. He does, however, fumble that much.

lol, yea 9.0 YPC average for you, my defense is superb. I couldn't pass for anything, your defenders were always there waiting on the pass as if they knew the route anyways.

Doesn't help that I have an earache, I've slept about 90% of the day today. :lol

smokey what's up with your playing situation? not trying to bitch to you about it but it seems like you're always too busy to play or it comes down to you being the last one. it's not a big deal to simulate a CPU game, but my concern is going into next season i don't want it to mess with the human vs. humans scheduling. i'm not going to boot you out or anything but are you sure you have the time for this AND madden?

Somnia

Denog is there anyway you can play tonight? Dunno if you are even still awake. Otherwise I won't be able to play till Wednesday. Monday I work 12pm-1am (and will be busy prior to 12). Tuesday I work pretty much all day due to Maddens release. Just let me know...I'm on AIM.

CB3

Somnia said:
Denog is there anyway you can play tonight? Dunno if you are even still awake. Otherwise I won't be able to play till Wednesday. Monday I work 12pm-1am (and will be busy prior to 12). Tuesday I work pretty much all day due to Maddens release. Just let me know...I'm on AIM.

30n7vh3.jpg

well there goes the del taco bowl down the drain! fucking lost to cal in the final seconds. their QB shredded me.

i would say we need to up the user d-line pressure. their qb had a fucking wall of blocking that i couldn't get in. although i dont know how much it would help cause even when i got close he darted the ball somewhere anyways. i also dropped a pick on the 3rd to last play -_-

CB3

Ive got the 4th leading rusher in the nation. Suck it down bitches. He runs Jerome Bettis speeds too.

Smart play calling + Quick cuts > Overrated speed backs

CB3 said:
Ive got the 4th leading rusher in the nation. Suck it down bitches. He runs Jerome Bettis speeds too.

Smart play calling + Quick cuts > Overrated speed backs

Allen Bradford? He's like 16th according to the site.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Somnia,

I am pitching tonight in a softball game at 830EST. I won't be free until late tonight (1045ish) and I am already wiped out from this weekend. If people are ok with us playing Wednesday, then we can shoot for then. Otherwise, I will put some coffee on for tonight....

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
smokey what's up with your playing situation? not trying to bitch to you about it but it seems like you're always too busy to play or it comes down to you being the last one. it's not a big deal to simulate a CPU game, but my concern is going into next season i don't want it to mess with the human vs. humans scheduling. i'm not going to boot you out or anything but are you sure you have the time for this AND madden?

The Texans will be mine in the Madden league muhahaahahaha

DCX

DCX
BTW, fuck the CPU..there i said it again. So, heading into my two HUGE human vs games against Luke and Denogg i don't have my all american CB and, AND Pryor , who's play of late bolted him into second in the Hesiman race.

Awesome!

DCX

Lonestar

I hope I get Richardson back this week, and that he isn't "Questionable."

Anyone know how the injury system works? Like, when it says 1/2/whatever" weeks left, that the player is ready at the end of that, or does it go into Questionable/Probable afterwards?

DenogginizerOS

DCX said:
BTW, fuck the CPU..there i said it again. So, heading into my two HUGE human vs games against Luke and Denogg i don't have my all american CB and, AND Pryor , who's play of late bolted him into second in the Hesiman race.

Awesome!

DCX
I lost Evans and Taylor off and on last night and I already lost Williams fir the season. The best part is how it isn't obvious until AFTER the play has been called and you are at the line and Nessler and Erin Andrews are chatting about it. I also think USER pass rush needs to moved up. I think I could have counted to 10 last night at one point.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
I hope I get Richardson back this week, and that he isn't "Questionable."

Anyone know how the injury system works? Like, when it says 1/2/whatever" weeks left, that the player is ready at the end of that, or does it go into Questionable/Probable afterwards?
Pryor is out three weeks for ab strain. And Chekwa collerbone, two more weeks :) Either way, don't have them for Luke or Nogg. My backup QB is a better passer than Pryor so upgrade

447352_o.gif

:lol :lol :lol

DCX

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
I lost Evans and Taylor off and on last night and I already lost Williams fir the season. The best part is how it isn't obvious until AFTER the play has been called and you are at the line and Nessler and Erin Andrews are chatting about it. I also think USER pass rush needs to moved up. I think I could have counted to 10 last night at one point.

Only times I get a sack, is when the CPU is running around, waiting to throw to a WR, and waits too long. Too long as in 8+ seconds. Strange that it's my Nose Guard that leads my team in sacks.

LukeSmith

If we are waiting till Wednesday for som and denog, I get back Wednesday night so id play my CPU game, but I imagine it doesn't matter if I lost the sim game from the just advanced week

Lonestar

DCX said:
Pryor is out three weeks for ab strain. And Chekwa collerbone, two more weeks :) Either way, don't have them for Luke or Nogg. My backup QB is a better passer than Pryor so upgrade

447352_o.gif

:lol :lol :lol

DCX

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't lose Kirkpatrick or any defensive players. I did lose my starting RT for the season, but Depth is there, so I'm ok. Ingram just doesn't seem to run as well as Richardson.

I thought the only simmed game from last week was Smokey? I don't need Michigan falling down the polls!

DCX said:

Awesome!

DCX

Oh man, they're so lucky. I wish I could've played you without Mayor McCheese.

DenogginizerOS

Az-twinkletoes,

If you have a problem with me questioning the sliders, put your comments in here rather than in the Madden thread.

DenogginizerOS

Azwethinkweiz said:
What do you care? You read both threads.
For starters, Madden and NCAA are two different games. Assuming I will complain about Madden sliders is premature. And since I have made the effort to look at the sliders in NCAA and compared them to the latest FMT sliders, I have a better understanding of them. But my purpose was never to make my games easier per se but moreso for them to feel less cheap. Your calling my complaints "bitching" is inaccurate because you left out that I actually offered solutions rather than just coming in there and saying, "I don't have a problem." which is precisely what you did. Thus, I feel your going to the Madden thread and saying something about NCAA, not to mention it being a misrepresentation, is unnecessary and if it should be said anywhere, say it here.

DenogginizerOS said:
For starters, Madden and NCAA are two different games. Assuming I will complain about Madden sliders is premature. And since I have made the effort to look at the sliders in NCAA and compared them to the latest FMT sliders, I have a better understanding of them. But my purpose was never to make my games easier per se but moreso for them to feel less cheap. Your calling my complaints "bitching" is inaccurate because you left out that I actually offered solutions rather than just coming in there and saying, "I don't have a problem." which is precisely what you did. Thus, I feel your going to the Madden thread and saying something about NCAA, not to mention it being a misrepresentation, is unnecessary and if it should be said anywhere, say it here.

I never said you'd bitch about the Madden sliders. FMT said he didn't want to bother with the sliders due to all the differing opinions on the NCAA sliders. I just said that most of it was from a couple of people. Also note that I never called you out. You ousted yourself. Now go win the coastal so we can play our anger match.:lol

Lonestar

Azwethinkweiz said:
I never said you'd bitch about the Madden sliders. FMT said he didn't want to bother with the sliders due to all the differing opinions on the NCAA sliders. I just said that most of it was from a couple of people. Also note that I never called you out. You ousted yourself. Now go win the coastal so we can play our anger match.:lol

I don't think he can win the Coastal...

Best I can tell, he's got to beat Somnia and then Virginia, and GT has to lose to Duke. Then, maybe. Not sure if he'd be tied in conference record (which I assume he'd lose that tiebreaker, he lost to GT).

They need to tune the voters in this game.

My team (Florida) ended up 12-1 and being #3 in the final polls after I shut down previously #1 ranked Alabama in the conference championship 24-0. My lone loss was to #11 LSU and that was on the road and I lost by one touchdown. Guess who's #2? A Fresno State team which played a total of 2 winning-record opponents and barely slipped by two scrub schools. I also forgot to mention I beat down 6 other ranked opponents including #4 Miami, 69-7. Bullshit I say :(

ph33nix said:
They need to tune the voters in this game.

My team (Florida) ended up 12-1 and being #3 in the final polls after I shut down previously #1 ranked Alabama in the conference championship 24-0. My lone loss was to #11 LSU and that was on the road and I lost by one touchdown. Guess who's #2? A Fresno State team which played a total of 2 winning-record opponents and barely slipped by two scrub schools. I also forgot to mention I beat down 6 other ranked opponents including #4 Miami, 69-7. Bullshit I say :(

How is the wiimotion control?

Top Bottom