• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fmt picked the wrong man!

I'm glad you got Bob jr :D

LJ11

Good game Ram, you got the short end of the stick on more than a few plays.

Perfectly called screen, but a one arm tackle stops you from probably going the distance. Drop by the TE, he was wide open and in the open field. There were a few others as well, but those two came early and really killed your drives.

Still a tight ball game.

Edit: For some reason, I can't add prospects to my draft board, am I missing something or is it just temporary glitch. Have a few slots open so it's not a space issue.

Ramirez

LJ11 said:
Good game Ram, you got the short end of the stick on more than a few plays.

Perfectly called screen, but a one arm tackle stops you from probably going the distance. Drop by the TE, he was wide open and in the open field. There were a few others as well, but those two came early and really killed your drives.

Still a tight ball game.

Edit: For some reason, I can't add prospects to my draft board, am I missing something or is it just temporary glitch. Have a few slots open so it's not a space issue.

Great game dude, was actually A LOT closer than I expected. :lol

I had 3 wide open drops, the one in the endzone by one of my top WRs made me want to break a controller, but I at least scored later in that drive. Basically my problem is, I can't get pressure, my DL is embarrassingly bad, you completed all but 2 of your passes, sigh.

My lead blocker on more than a few plays would just run straight by a guy and let me get blew up in the backfield, I'd have 3-4 linemen on some screens and one guy to beat and none of them even attempt to pick the guy up. :lol

Normally, I'd be mad after a loss like that, but I saw so many things that I would have never seen in a game of Madden, like the out route over your LB actually being completed, or the curl route in the endzone not being jumped by a mile.

Was a great user pick on your end on that one play, even if the guy did jump a little high. :p The input lag in this game is so much worse than Madden has ever been for me, am I alone on this? I miss so many tackles because over me over pursuing because of lag. :(

LJ11

Ramirez said:
The input lag in this game is so much worse than Madden has ever been for me, am I alone on this? I miss so many tackles because over me over pursuing because of lag. :(

I've played you twice so far, and I could definitely feel some lag on each occasion. Think the only other time it's felt that way was either against CB or FMT. I just thought you were trying to hit stick my RB which lead to missed tackles. I could feel the lag right on the opening kickoff, really long delay.

Ramirez

LJ11 said:
I've played you twice so far, and I could definitely feel some lag on each occasion. Think the only other time it's felt that way was either against CB or FMT. I just thought you were trying to hit stick my RB which lead to missed tackles. I could feel the lag right on the opening kickoff, really long delay.

Well, I do love the hit stick, but on a lot of them I don't even have a chance to use it because by the time I get there my guy has already run 5 yards past you when I go to make the tackle. :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol I love how you always blame FMT

LJ11

Fuck, I may have beaten FSU but they took my MLB prospect. :(

Edit: Robert East needs to make up his fucking mind already, I'm done talking to you fool! Shitting on Auburn week after week gets old.

Ramirez

LJ11 said:
Fuck, I may have beaten FSU but they took my MLB prospect. :(

Edit: Robert East needs to make up his fucking mind already, I'm done talking to you fool!

baby%20success.jpg

LJ11

Last couple of games, I've noticed that the CPU starts protecting the ball when they're in the open field. I've seen Nesbitt and now Wisconsin's TE start protecting the ball with no one around, I mean the closet defender was 10+ yards out. Slows them down and you can easily tackle them.

Wonder if it's a slider issue.

Ramirez

I'm not digging the cpu settings at all, my defense is completely helpless against the cpu. I feel like if I don't score every time I have the ball the last few games against the cpu, I'm not going to win. The QBs never make a bad throw against me, the OLs open up holes big enough for the Madden bus to drive through, it's just a miserable experience. :|

I hang around with LJ all game, but the cpu just trounces me? Doesn't make sense.

Perhaps I should have just went to bed. :p

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I would like to request we return the sliders to what they were at the start of the season. The last two games for me have been far different than previous CPU games. The timing in particular has been altered significantly with the altered pass rushes. I can no longer get any pressure on the qb, I have had a lot of trouble tackling anyone, and the total inability to throw the ball due to the cpu's abnormal pass rush has significantly reduced the ability to run. In comparison, using the same roster offline with the original slider settings, I have been in competitive games with the same teams (and have lost) but I did not feel cheated. The last two weeks for me have felt like I am totally getting cheated.

DenogginizerOS said:
I would like to request we return the sliders to what they were at the start of the season. The last two games for me have been far different than previous CPU games. The timing in particular has been altered significantly with the altered pass rushes. I can no longer get any pressure on the qb, I have had a lot of trouble tackling anyone, and the total inability to throw the ball due to the cpu's abnormal pass rush has significantly reduced the ability to run. In comparison, using the same roster offline with the original slider settings, I have been in competitive games with the same teams (and have lost) but I did not feel cheated. The last two weeks for me have felt like I am totally getting cheated.

That's fine and all, but realize if we go back to the original sliders, some of us are going to be beating the computer by 50 every week.

Also, yay for Ramirez losing to NC State. Atlantic title is MINE!

DenogginizerOS

Azwethinkweiz said:
That's fine and all, but realize if we go back to the original sliders, some of us are going to be beating the computer by 50 every week.

I am pretty sure that I see discrepancies in scores like that in the NCAA all the time. I don't like feeling like I am losing because the CPU has an unfair advantage and right now, that is certainly the case.

DenogginizerOS

As a compromise, instead of returning them 100%, we could retract them 50% and see if that at least makes things any better. Anything would be better than what it is now. In fact, I would propose that the reason passing stats are going up is because money screens and quick routes are being used to counter the reduced ability to run and the decrease in time to throw a slower developing pass play. Some people still had struggles against CPU opponents before the changes and I think those losses were lost due to restarts.

LosDaddie

Banned
Ramirez said:
I'm not digging the cpu settings at all, my defense is completely helpless against the cpu. I feel like if I don't score every time I have the ball the last few games against the cpu, I'm not going to win. The QBs never make a bad throw against me, the OLs open up holes big enough for the Madden bus to drive through, it's just a miserable experience. :|

Sounds (sadly) realistic for FSU's defense. Hopefully Stoops knows what he's doing in Tally.

So are you guys mainly playing Online Dynasty these days? Or do you still play some scrim games?

Ramirez

Azwethinkweiz said:

I would take this over the current situation, like I said, if I don't score every time I have the ball I'm not going to win, because the cpu is unstoppable in the past two games. I was semi struggling against the cpu with the old slider settings, if we were worried about cpu games being too easy for people with OP teams then we should have all went with crap teams.

I just think it's silly that I was in a knockdown drag out fight with probably the best player in these leagues, and then I play a crappy cpu team and get torched all game long.

I also forgot to mention the cpu hardly ever goes down on first contact, and if they do, they do some stupid animation that nets them 3-4 more yards.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Players I've gotten commitments from so far.

Anthony Butler 4 Star Tackle #12 Tackle OVR 79-80 rated
David Carter 4 Star Center #2 Center OVR 79-80 rated
Dee Wright 4 Star Center #7 Center OVR Lower 70's rated
Sammie Tucker 5 Star DT #1 DT OVR 78-80 rated
Randy Henley 4 Star DT #16 DT OVR 74-75 rated
Joesph Jones 5 Star HB #3 HB OVR 78-80 rated
Nick Johnson 4 Star QB #6 QB OVR 78-80 rated
Mike Dowdell 4 star FS #5 FS OVR Low 70's rated

Wonder how accurate these ratings will end up being. Also, wonder how the widespread "D-" Awareness will effect players in the next few seasons.

Ramirez said:
I would take this over the current situation, like I said, if I don't score every time I have the ball I'm not going to win, because the cpu is unstoppable in the past two games. I was semi struggling against the cpu with the old slider settings, if we were worried about cpu games being too easy for people with OP teams then we should have all went with crap teams.

I just think it's silly that I was in a knockdown drag out fight with probably the best player in these leagues, and then I play a crappy cpu team and get torched all game long.

I also forgot to mention the cpu hardly ever goes down on first contact, and if they do, they do some stupid animation that nets them 3-4 more yards.

I would argue that my team is rated decently worse than yours and I'm still winning my games by a 30 point margin. Although UNC did give me a run for my money and I only beat them by 3.

DenogginizerOS

Azwethinkweiz said:
I would argue that my team is rated decently worse than yours and I'm still winning my games by a 30 point margin. Although UNC did give me a run for my money and I only beat them by 3.
Was that pre or post slider changes?

Ramirez

Azwethinkweiz said:

You're making our upcoming meeting oh so harder to wait for.

I had no problem with the cpu until the recent slider changes, at that point the game became an unreliable rubberband AI type of mess for me. Denogg shares some of the same concerns, so I know I'm not alone at least.

DenogginizerOS

Azwethinkweiz said:
I haven't played my game yet this week, but last week I beat GT (ranked #11) 42-7.
So, UNC fought you tough on the old sliders, and the new sliders still did not prevent you from destroying GT. That sounds like you are good at the game and the sliders don't make much of a difference for you. However, that does not mean Ram and I have meritless complaints. I am 100% certain that before the slider changes I felt the game provided a fair challenge and was not cheap. Post slider changes, I feel the opposite. Just because you are a talented player does not mean some of us in the league should have our enjoyment sacrificed in order to try (and it appears unsuccessfully) to balance it for a few players.

Lonestar

I'm not a horrible player. Probably about average. And I, for the most part, did ok against Tennessee. Did ok against Florida too. But The 2 games against South Carolina and Ole Miss were headaches. They're good teams, but the talent difference between the 2 should have been more apparent. Instead, the games were loaded with Rubberbanding. HB's that wouldn't go down, QB's making perfect throws, WR's catching passes through 2 defenders.

I even saw a play that I wished I recorded. The CPU passed to the flat, right in front of one of my LB's. My guy has him dead-to-rights. CPU AI against CPU AI (I was still controlling a DT). My CPU AI LB just literally falls down. Never seen that animation before. The WR proceeds forward for a 1st down. Basically, the CPU collaborated with itself, to CHEAT!

DenogginizerOS said:
So, UNC fought you tough on the old sliders, and the new sliders still did not prevent you from destroying GT. That sounds like you are good at the game and the sliders don't make much of a difference for you. However, that does not mean Ram and I have meritless complaints. I am 100% certain that before the slider changes I felt the game provided a fair challenge and was not cheap. Post slider changes, I feel the opposite. Just because you are a talented player does not mean some of us in the league should have our enjoyment sacrificed in order to try (and it appears unsuccessful) to balance it for a few players.

I wasn't arguing against changing them back. I just stated that if you did, some people would end up beating up on the computer week-in and week-out. If that doesn't bother you, then I'm ok with it too.

Lonestar

Azwethinkweiz said:
I wasn't arguing against changing them back. I just stated that if you did, some people would end up beating up on the computer week-in and week-out. If that doesn't bother you, then I'm ok with it too.

I never wanted to play this many games against the CPU. I wanted to move players together, in fake conferences. Just because it takes out Rubberband AI helping itself out!

DenogginizerOS

Azwethinkweiz said:
Yes, I am ok with returning the league to the levels it was at when we started. I don't see any evidence that it has improved things over the way they were prior to the slider changes.

Lonestar said:
I never wanted to play this many games against the CPU. I wanted to move players together, in fake conferences. Just because it takes out Rubberband AI helping itself out!

BUT IT'S THE SEC! That's why you get your stupid A+ for conference prestige and I'm stuck with a useless B. Now enjoy your stupid rubberband AI while I continue to curbstomp my conference. GOOD DAY TO YOU, SIR!

DenogginizerOS

Azwethinkweiz said:
BUT IT'S THE SEC! That's why you get your stupid A+ for conference prestige and I'm stuck with a useless B. Now enjoy your stupid rubberband AI while I continue to curbstomp my conference. GOOD DAY TO YOU, SIR!
To be fair, you are queen of the inferior side of the ACC.

DenogginizerOS

Azwethinkweiz said:
But I did play and beat UNC, Miami, and GT. If I play you, I'll have played all the contenders in the coastal.
I was more or less referring to real-life, but yes, your talent is not going unnoticed in the 'Burg.

DenogginizerOS said:

Uh all ive done is downgrade the cpu since week 1...

But I will look at it!

DenogginizerOS

Perhaps the game is designed to uptick the challenge in order to increase the likelihood of upsets, regardless of sliders. It looks to me after reading posts in other league threads that regardless what the slider settings are on, the CPU goes into GOD mode on occasion just to give people a challenge and perhaps even cause an upset. I am fine with that to a degree. But I feel strongly that with the way things were before the slider changes, we could at least fight back.

DenogginizerOS said:
I was more or less referring to real-life, but yes, your talent is not going unnoticed in the 'Burg.

If you're referring to real-life, I wouldn't worry about us taking the atlantic this season. We have no one to catch the ball and our linebackers have no idea what they're doing. This usually does not equate to a successful season.

DenogginizerOS

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Uh all ive done is downgrade the cpu since week 1...
Ok. Then move them back to where they were. It appears we are either dealing with something that is not controlled by sliders, or adjusting CPU sliders is affecting more than what it states. Either way, I don't see what harm it will do to return them since prior to them being changed some of us didn't feel like there were issues.

DenogginizerOS

Azwethinkweiz said:
If you're referring to real-life, I wouldn't worry about us taking the atlantic this season. We have no one to catch the ball and our linebackers have no idea what they're doing. This usually does not equate to a successful season.
My biggest concerns for the Hokies this year is defense and Tyrod. The defense is pretty much a mystery at this point, and I still have no idea if Tyrod can respond to any team that is capable of stuffing the run. I fear Boise St. may embarass us on Labor Day.

Top Bottom