• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FrenchMovieTheme said:
How did you possibly play the cpu with original settings if I changed them after week 1?
FrenchMovieTheme said:
advancing now. things that will change starting week 2:

* i have adjusted the pass blocking sliders for humans up to 55 (from 50)
* i have decrased human pass rush from 45 to 35

please keep me updated on what needs to be tuned as far as sliders go. i will never tune sliders mid-week though. everyone has to play with the same settings for a given week!

p.s. dm why did you restart twice against the CPU? :lol

I did play a pretty tough game in week 2 against BC.

DenogginizerOS

For comparison, I averaged 5 OS slider sets, and subtracted the average from GAF's value:

HUM CPU
QB Accuracy -2 -5
Pass Blocking -3 -3
WR Catching 4 6
RB Ability -7 -11
Run Blocking -6 -8
Pass Coverage -5 -16
Pass Rush -9 -9
Interceptions 18 16
Rush Defense -5 -7
Tackling -14 -4
FG Power -3 7
FG Accuracy 1 1
Punt Power 7 -3
Punt Accuracy 3 13
Kickoff Power 7 1

Making adjustments, these are the sliders I recommend for our league (HUM/CPU)

HUM CPU
QB Accuracy 25 35
Pass Blocking 50 50
WR Catching 55 55
RB Ability 55 65
Run Blocking 35 65
Pass Coverage 40 55
Pass Rush 50 45
Interceptions 20 25
Rush Defense 35 65
Tackling 50 50
FG Power 25 30
FG Accuracy 20 55
Punt Power 35 45
Punt Accuracy 25 60
Kickoff Power 30 45

I think that is too great a disparity. I think it should be 45/55 for both.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
For comparison, I averaged 5 OS slider sets, and subtracted the average from GAF's value:

HUM CPU
QB Accuracy -2 -5
Pass Blocking -3 -3
WR Catching 4 6
RB Ability -7 -11
Run Blocking -6 -8
Pass Coverage -5 -16
Pass Rush -9 -9
Interceptions 18 16
Rush Defense -5 -7
Tackling -14 -4
FG Power -3 7
FG Accuracy 1 1
Punt Power 7 -3
Punt Accuracy 3 13
Kickoff Power 7 1

Making adjustments, these are the sliders I recommend for our league (HUM/CPU)

HUM CPU
QB Accuracy 25 35
Pass Blocking 50 50
WR Catching 55 55
RB Ability 55 65
Run Blocking 35 65
Pass Coverage 40 55
Pass Rush 50 45
Interceptions 20 25
Rush Defense 35 65
Tackling 50 50
FG Power 25 30
FG Accuracy 20 55
Punt Power 35 45
Punt Accuracy 25 60
Kickoff Power 30 45

I think that is too great a disparity. I think it should be 45/55 for both.

Your 35/65 is no change from before. If they were already 30/60.

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
Your 35/65 is no change from before. If they were already 30/60.
Right. That is what the data provided, and why I said at the bottom that I am in favor of it being 45/55.

I do think bringing tackling up for human is key. When I tested these, I found I had more realistic stopping ability (I lost to UGA but it didn't feel cheap).

LJ11

What about RB Ability, how does that factor in?

Honestly, the last two times I've played the CPU its been a bit easier, not sure if GT counts though.

Wisconsin mounted a comeback after the half because I just kept running the ball, but if I kept on the throttle, they would have been beaten by 30+. Clay was a non factor as well, though I gave up some pretty big yards in the air as a result.

It was a bit tougher to run on Wisconsin, but maybe it's because they went into an aggressive D attack.

I tend to run out of the gun, so I haven't really noticed much of a change, maybe a bit more difficult than it was earlier in the season, but my playbook doesn't have many runs.

I'm sure the guys who run the ball under center have a better understanding of what's going on.

Edit: The toughest back I had to deal with was the NC back, he was a machine, but the sliders have been changed since. Felt like a human was controlling him.

DenogginizerOS

Stanford, ND, and Michigan have very good passing stats.

Those of us who have teams built for the run are struggling. I don't expect to beat the CPU every week, but I should not be struggling to run against an outmatched Wake Forest or Duke. I don't want to use cheese to win or to make VT run a fun and gun just to beat the CPU.

LJ11

There are way too many variables for some of these categories, 3 for the run game alone. Hard to tell how each one is weighted.

I have no problem going back to the way things were. I'm putting up insane pass numbers. If we're applying the same rules to the pass, then we should tighten up the pass D/tone down the pass.

I just want guys to have fun.

Somnia

I'm down for whatever regarding the CPU. I've won and lost to them. Finally feel like NCAA is starting to click with me and then I go and lose my last game. Bout to get this weeks game in...

Also just as heads up I'll be gone from August 24th to Sept. 2nd (back late on the 2nd). I'll be training August 24th-27th for my new promotion :D and then flying out to San Antonio on the 27th to the 2nd for my corporate conference (which btw Luke who you guys sending from Bungie? I know at least one of ya will be there!).

Lonestar

LJ11 said:
There are way too many variables for some of these categories, 3 for the run game alone. Hard to tell how each one is weighted.

I have no problem going back to the way things were. I'm putting up insane pass numbers. If we're applying the same rules to the pass, then we should tighten up the pass D/tone down the pass.

I just want guys to have fun.

Yeah, some of you guy's passing numbers are insane. I mean, I'm doing fine, probably running too many times (well, also count on a decent amount of Conservative tempo against some of these CPU teams)

I'm glad I haven't thrown an INT yet *knock on wood* But I think I've attempted half the amount of passes as you.

Somnia

I got so pissed by the 2nd in that game I just simmed the 3rd quarter...fucking bullshit. 5 drops in the 2nd quarter by my recievers and a INT by Harris. I had Byrd wide open with no one around him and as I threw it the LB jumped like fucking superman to catch the ball. Fucking Lebron James playing on the Terps or something. *sigh*

Ramirez

Somnia said:
I got so pissed by the 2nd in that game I just simmed the 3rd quarter...fucking bullshit. 5 drops in the 2nd quarter by my recievers and a INT by Harris. I had Byrd wide open with no one around him and as I threw it the LB jumped like fucking superman to catch the ball. Fucking Lebron James playing on the Terps or something. *sigh*

:lol

I feel your pain, UNC's WR corp were straight up making 10 foot jumps to catch balls last night.

LukeSmith

Finish the season with the sliders as is. Plumb stats for noteworthy numbers.

Lonestar is a self-admitted cheddar head so schedule him against the PAC-10 and LJ next year, DM, CB, FMT, and the class of the Big10, DCX.

DenogginizerOS said:
Stanford, ND, and Michigan have very good passing stats.

In the league I'm behind: OSU, Florida State, Oregon, Stanford, Miami, Houston and Notre Dame in passing yardage for a team. :(

DenogginizerOS said:
Those of us who have teams built for the run are struggling.
Williams is third in the NCAA in rushing yards!

More inside the numbers:

Rushing yardage top 6 for human controlled:
Stanford 1282
Michigan 1264
Bama 1225
OSU 1192
FSU 1149
VTech 1114

That's half of the league within 168 yards of one another. This really doesn't seem as broken as people are making it sound.

Sacks
Notre Dame 24
Houston 23
Alabama 23
Michigan 22
Vtech 17
Stanford 17
Oregon 16
Miami 16
Clemson 15

Edit: not sure if this includes the week in progress, stats seem weird in game

Ramirez

I'm ok really on the offensive side of the ball, maybe my defense really is THAT bad, but I don't get why the same stuff that works on humans doesn't even come close to working on the cpu. I guess we'll see when I get a better DLine, I'm pretty sure I have less than 10 sacks on the year, maybe even less than 5. :lol

Lonestar

210 8.07 YPC Human FSU
293 9.15 Human USC
95 3.65 Human Michigan
171 5.18 CPU Arkansas
155 4.55 CPU Florida
117 4.5 CPU South Carolina
8 0.29 CPU Ole Miss
176 5.02 CPU Tennessee (Picked up Draw Attack here, also lost Richardson for a month starting here)
127 3.85 CPU LSU

Overall, it's probably just that 8 yard game (Ole Miss), that continues to dwell on me. On top of Ingram disappearing in the Ole Miss, Florida, and Arkansas game. Not to Mention Fumblelooza.

And I'm already playing CB, LJ, and the Cream of the Big Ten this year ;P

Lonestar

138 to 239 is my Pass to Run ratio. 377 plays 37% Pass 63% Run :lol That's soooo different than Madden 10

FMT's at 229 to 245 - 474 overall - 48% Pass 52% Run
CB3 at 154 to 195 - 349 - 44% Pass 56% Run
DM at 209 to 197 - 406 - 52% Pass 48% Run
Luke at 203 to 225 - 428 47% Pass 53% Run
DCX at 185 to 236 - 421 - 44% Pass 56% Run
LJ at 290 to 219 - 509 - 57% Pass 43% Run
Denogg at 109 to 198 - 307 36% Pass 64% Run
Az at 172 to 203 - 375 - 46% pass 54% Run
Somnia 292 to 247 - 539 54% Pass 46% Run
Ram 209 to 195 - 404 52% Pass 48% Run
Smokey 303 to 215 - 518 59% Pass 41% Run

I didn't bother trying to correct the whole "Sack was a Pass" part. So, if your QB gets alot of negative carries, I added them as a run.

Total Offensive Plays

Somnia 539 9 Games 60 plays
Smokey 518 (Simmed a game) 8 Games 65 plays
LJ 509 (Simmed a game) 9 Games 57 plays
FMT 474 (Simmed a game) 8 Games 59 plays
Luke 428 (Simmed a game) 8 Games 54 plays
DCX 421 8 Games 53 plays
DM 406 8 Games 51 plays
Ram 404 8 Games 51 plays
Myself 377 8 Games 47 plays
Az 375 8 Games 47 plays
CB3 349 7 Games 50 plays
Denogg 307 7 Games 44 plays

Anyone else have at least 1 sim game? Those are the ones off the top of my head.

This is also going off the game, which doesn't seem to count the games we've played this week.

DenogginizerOS

I will not be around until Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

At this point, I have said my peace on the sliders. Perhaps the defensive lineman and linebackers of Duke, Wake, and Gerogia Tech are superior to the O-line and RBs of VT.

But again, what was wrong with the sliders before? I don't see any evidence that the majority of people here had problems with them. In addition, those sliders, regardless of what tweaks were made after week 1, are skewed to favor a more pass oriented team which is what I am definitely not. At the very least, like LJ said, the Passing and Running sliders should be equal.

Man, I suck at getting sacks. Probably because I play as a DB.

I wish I understood why the other ACC guys are having such problems with the CPU. I'm certainly not a better player and yet I think I've only had one CPU team score more than 14 points on me.

DenogginizerOS

Azwethinkweiz said:
Man, I suck at getting sacks. Probably because I play as a DB.

I wish I understood why the other ACC guys are having such problems with the CPU. I'm certainly not a better player and yet I think I've only had one CPU team score more than 14 points on me.
You and me both, brother. Offline, I am not having nearly the trouble I am having online.

LukeSmith

I'll be gone until Wednesday of next week, tried playing Purdue this morning, 5 penalties on the first two possessions in the game. So i guess sim my games until I'm back, I should be back in time to take my shot at DCX tho

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Lol you wanted it you got it ladies. Cpu is even more difficult which is fine by me! Enjoy ;)

Haha, Denog is going to be so pissed.

Ramirez, I'll probably be going out tonight so we'll probably have to get the game in tomorrow.

Lonestar

Ok, going to see how it goes on miss state.

FMT: not sure I'll use up more of my recruiting time. Class probably full, only interested players left are low caliber. I'll get my game in, but if my name doesn't show green, you cam still advance.

Can't believe I'd say this (after the 2009 sugar bowl) but thank you Utah for beating TCU. Gets that team out of the way. Decent shot at having the bcs game be between 2 human players.

the CPU pass defense is much better. i don't notice much of a difference in their Run D. I was getting 150+ before the adjustments and i'm still getting 150+.

their offense was just shredding me. whether it was the sliders or the Air Raid offense (i always have trouble with this) i don't know. but if you guys were tired of the "CPU RB breaks a bunch of trackles" then get ready for your head to explode :lol

LJ11

I played 3 games with these sliders, noticed no real difference in the pass D, but the CPU Run D was insane. Couldn't run from the gun, CPU DE would shed my RT/LT extremely quickly and almost always to the inside.

Tried running under center when each game was out of hand, they stuffed the run extremely well, but they were lining up 8 in the box and blitzing quite a bit.

I didn't notice the CPU breaking tackles until my 3rd game. Played in the snow, so maybe that was a factor. Again though a RB and TE broke loose in the open field and they started to protect the ball with no one around, strange shit.

Could just be those 3 games, small sample.

Lonestar

Well, strangely, running was a little better. The de/dt didn't break through as often, allowing me to do stretch/toss/counters.

But I dislike the passing now. Qb seems to be alot more inaccurate, and now the CPU defenders stick with the wr like before. So threw 3 picks, 41% accuracy. So no, denogg was wrong on that end.

What is the speed threshold? Seems like my speedy wr can get run down by a LB

LJ11

I definitely noticed inaccuracies with the QB, missed some wide open throws, but made some tough ones as well.

The reason I keep bringing up TE/RBs protecting the ball after they've broken away, would probably score a TD 90% of the time, is because maybe this threshold setting has something to do with it. Haven't followed OS, so not sure if it's a bug or the game compensating for the threshold.

Haven't noticed it at all with the default sliders, only in franchise.

Lonestar said:
Well, strangely, running was a little better. The de/dt didn't break through as often, allowing me to do stretch/toss/counters.

But I dislike the passing now. Qb seems to be alot more inaccurate, and now the CPU defenders stick with the wr like before. So threw 3 picks, 41% accuracy. So no, denogg was wrong on that end.

What is the speed threshold? Seems like my speedy wr can get run down by a LB

no change in the speed threshold, it has always been at 25.

and yes, qb's are going to be more inaccurate given these new settings. but there has to be some give somewhere. i don't want this to turn into CPU gimmes all the time, and i think these sliders are good so far

LukeSmith

On the last set of sliders had three games consecutively go to overtime, and we made it harder? :lol

Five clipping penalties in the first two possessions in the snow in purdue.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wait. So people were losing to the computer, and you guys made it harder? Did i miss something here?

21ln33c.jpg

Lonestar

Wasn't like I was a passing powerhouse to begin with. Just sucks to see my nice turnover margin get whacked by non-arbitrary qb inaccuracy.

Anyone want to scrimmage, it's been forever since I played someone, and don't want to head into LJ without some practice.

Lonestar said:
Wasn't like I was a passing powerhouse to begin with. Just sucks to see my nice turnover margin get whacked by non-arbitrary qb inaccuracy.

so you want to be able to run for 200 yards per quarter with ingram and have your immaculate td/int ratio kept intact as well with no threat from the cpu? :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FMT makes the computer harder right as my Pac-10 CPU gauntlet comes up. The conspiracy continues!

Top Bottom