• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

Ramirez

I'm pretty sure auto sprint is not on...

I liked Lonestar's idea too, no idea why we didn't just make fake conferences, this is one area I'm looking forward to in Madden more. :p

DMczaf

I love divisional play in Madden franchise. Everyone knows each other's gameplan and play style, so the games are completely different from games outside the division.

LukeSmith

I like the CPU, I like that Iowa took me to triple Overtime and while it was embarrassing to lose to Miami, I feel like I got outplayed.

There's a real risk right now in playing against the CPU and I like that.

I don't think the sample size in games is nearly big enough to draw any real conclusions on what should or shouldn't be done with sliders. Minor oscillations in slider changes can't really be assessed accurately with a small subset of games played, especially since we have almost no understanding of other variables (why do teams sometimes shit the bed and cough it up 5x in a game, is there a pattern to that).

Just seems like a lot of messing with a recipe for no reason.

Ramirez said:
I'm pretty sure auto sprint is not on...

I liked Lonestar's idea too, no idea why we didn't just make fake conferences, this is one area I'm looking forward to in Madden more. :p

I think it's because if we all played 12 human games a year, none of us would ever make the national championship.

Ramirez

Azwethinkweiz said:
I think it's because if we all played 12 human games a year, none of us would ever make the national championship.

I suppose, I think a few of them could make a run for it, would definitely up the drama. :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LukeSmith said:
I like the CPU, I like that Iowa took me to triple Overtime and while it was embarrassing to lose to Miami, I feel like I got outplayed.

There's a real risk right now in playing against the CPU and I like that.

I don't think the sample size in games is nearly big enough to draw any real conclusions on what should or shouldn't be done with sliders. Minor oscillations in slider changes can't really be assessed accurately with a small subset of games played, especially since we have almost no understanding of other variables (why do teams sometimes shit the bed and cough it up 5x in a game, is there a pattern to that).

Just seems like a lot of messing with a recipe for no reason.
Which is why they shouldn't have been changed in the first place.

DMczaf

We should have played the entire season and then decided on new sliders during the offseason, but FMT is too much of a pushover! Stop bringing your douchey gay boyfriends into Madd House!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
I cant set auto run or strafe. That is an individual preference you set in your control options

Interesting, didn't know that.

I'll be turning off auto strafe. That's gotten in the way some.

Not sure what I might do with the sprint.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
could go both ways. my pulling guard ran right by that linebacker. I saw it setting up and i figured it was going for a TD till he ignored your defender and went for some other schmuck not even close by

Lonestar

Somnia has a case of the Paprikimitosis....uh, he says Sim it. Or would, if his tongue wasn't swollen to the size of a small Cat.

Somnia

My game will be done within the next 3 hours if not it will be done tomorrow morning. Prepping an inventory right now.

Somnia

You guys can sim my game if you want. I'm going to be here way later than I thought, otherwise I'll have it done tomorrow by 11am cst. Either way works for me as this season is a bust =)

DMczaf

Somnia said:
You guys can sim my game if you want. I'm going to be here way later than I thought, otherwise I'll have it done tomorrow by 11am cst. Either way works for me as this season is a bust =)

We'll wait til tomorrow

Somnia

Lonestar said:
You only lost one! I assume that means you recovered some of your own?

Ya had a total of 4. 3 by my RB and 1 by my QB. Sad thing is I hit protect with my rb and it still happened.

Lonestar

Somnia said:
Ya had a total of 4. 3 by my RB and 1 by my QB. Sad thing is I hit protect with my rb and it still happened.

Well, that's a given. I was doing that alot in the Fumble Game.

RB button doesn't work CONFIRMED.

DenogginizerOS

FMT said:
i did adjust a couple sliders this week:

1. decreased the CPU running ability slider by 10 points
2. decreased CPU run blocking by 5 points
3. increased cpu pass rush by 5 points
4. increased human pass rush by 5 points

Slider Disparity in Our League - HUM/CPU

QB Accuracy - 25/30
Pass Blocking - 50/50
WR Catching - 55/60
RB Ability - 45/45
Run Block - 30/60
Pass Coverage - 35/40
Pass Rush - 40/35
Interceptions - 35/40
Rush Defense - 30/60
Tackling - 35/45
FG Power - 25/25
FG Accuracy - 20/55
Punt Power - 40/45
Punt Accuracy - 25/75
Kickoff Power - 35/45

For comparison, I averaged 5 OS slider sets, and subtracted the average from GAF's value:

HUM CPU
QB Accuracy -2 -5
Pass Blocking -3 -3
WR Catching 4 6
RB Ability -7 -11
Run Blocking -6 -8
Pass Coverage -5 -16
Pass Rush -9 -9
Interceptions 18 16
Rush Defense -5 -7
Tackling -14 -4
FG Power -3 7
FG Accuracy 1 1
Punt Power 7 -3
Punt Accuracy 3 13
Kickoff Power 7 1

Making adjustments, these are the sliders I recommend for our league (HUM/CPU)

HUM CPU
QB Accuracy 25 35
Pass Blocking 50 50
WR Catching 55 55
RB Ability 55 65
Run Blocking 35 65
Pass Coverage 40 55
Pass Rush 50 45
Interceptions 20 25
Rush Defense 35 65
Tackling 50 50
FG Power 25 30
FG Accuracy 20 55
Punt Power 35 45
Punt Accuracy 25 60
Kickoff Power 30 45

Lonestar

:lol You know EA hates you, when your Starting RT tears his Hamstring and is out 8 weeks, and at the end of the game, the celebration cinematic. Guess who's prancing around like a big fat ballerina?

My Injured Started RT.

DenogginizerOS

Lost Williams for the season on my 1st play of the game. He fumbles, GT picks up, runs in for TD. GT's defense was everywhere. Good times.

Lonestar

Barring setbacks, that upcoming matchup of ND and Alabama should prove to be interesting.

(i.e. Please Please Please don't let Madden Curse follow me to NCAA)

Lonestar

CB3 said:
How the fuck is Washington about to win the Pac-10 -_-

Best I can tell, if you don't lose to any of the other Pac 10 CPU teams, you'd have the tiebreaker over them. I'd say you're winning the Pac 10 right now

The problem is, in the ACC Coastal Division. GT's got a 1 game lead now on VT, and owns the tiebreaker. GT has to lose to Miami AND Duke, just so VT can go to, well, wherever the ACC has their game.

I think, if I beat Miss State next game, I win the West, and odds are, face Florida again.

The OSU/Michigan game will decide the winner of the Big Ten.

CB3

Lonestar said:
Best I can tell, if you don't lose to any of the other Pac 10 CPU teams, you'd have the tiebreaker over them. I'd say you're winning the Pac 10 right now.

Nevermind. I forgot i played Washington Already

DMczaf

CB3 said:
How the fuck is Washington about to win the Pac-10 -_-

All I could do was laugh at that game. Locker was throwing it right at me for Manual INTs and I kept dropping them like I was playing on the road. Then he turns around and throws insane sideline passes that are questionable as hell. You can see one of them in the replays on the website.

And then they win by kicking a 53 yard FG that hits the crossbar and still goes in. -_-

2 straight weeks of losing by 2 pts, blah.

CB3

DMczaf said:
All I could do was laugh at that game. Locker was throwing it right at me for Manual INTs and I kept dropping them like I was playing on the road. Then he turns around and throws insane sideline passes that are questionable as hell. You can see one of them in the replays on the website.

And then they win by kicking a 53 yard FG that hits the crossbar and still goes in. -_-

2 straight weeks of losing by 2 pts, blah.

Manual INT's (Manual D all together, actually) feels like its toned down. Its like they want us to play Konex D

Top Bottom