• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

Ramirez

Pretty sure I'm never going to win another game, I don't even care enough to complain about the sliders, the cpu is just flat out cheating me in most of these games. Last play of OT, I have my TE wide open, throw it to him, the ball morphs through his hands and into the safeties gut. :lol I have a wide open INT, my safety goes for it, bounces of his hands and into the hands of a passing WR who catches it near the ground off a tip and takes it for a huge gain. :|

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LJ11 said:
Tomorrow night Lone, pretty tired tonight.

I may or may not be around tomorrow. There's an out of state, 1 day business trip tomorrow, and I haven't gotten confirmation if I'm going or not. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Lonestar said:
I may or may not be around tomorrow. There's an out of state, 1 day business trip tomorrow, and I haven't gotten confirmation if I'm going or not. I'll let you know tomorrow.

liar. you are secretly excited about madden! we will turn you from the fradulent sport of college football yet!

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
liar. you are secretly excited about madden! we will turn you from the fradulent sport of college football yet!

Pfft, Georgia Chapter of DHI, meeting at a Maggiono's Little Italy, somewhere in Atlanta. It'll probably be mind numbing talk, but sounds like some good food. Plus, last time I went, they taught us Lock Bumping, which gives me the ability to once and for all, sneak into your house and destroy the Gameshark.

Lock Bumping: So Easy, 10 year Old's and Livewire can do it!

Lonestar said:
Pfft, Georgia Chapter of DHI, meeting at a Maggiono's Little Italy, somewhere in Atlanta. It'll probably be mind numbing talk, but sounds like some good food. Plus, last time I went, they taught us Lock Bumping, which gives me the ability to once and for all, sneak into your house and destroy the Gameshark.

bro i have so many game sharks you don't even know!

Lonestar

Well, looks like I am going. Won't be home till 11 PM or so, by which point I'll probably head straight to bed.

Won't even be able to pick up Madden at lunch, I'll be on the road.

Lonestar said:

Lonestar is a locksmith confirmed?

Somnia

DenogginizerOS said:
Somnia,

What time do you want to play on Wednesday?
Well I'll be home earlier tonight than I thought so tonight after 1030pm cst or anytime tomorrow. You pick and I'll be there.

Lonestar

Azwethinkweiz said:
Lonestar is a locksmith confirmed?

Not Really. Though, I can key a lock. I just don't drive around in a van with a picture of a giant key on the side of it.

locksmith-van.jpg

Lonestar

Yeah, guess I'm just not cut out for Crime.

I do like long car trips now, especially with Smartphones, 3G, and not being the driver.

Lonestar

Yep, so far, a bit boring. On break before more meetings, walking around Cumberland Mall. They have a Teds Montana Grill. I miss the one they closed in Birmingham

Reposted from the other thread:

Patch #2 Details

Hello again NCAA Fans!

I'm Russ Kiniry and I'd like to welcome you to Client Update 2 for NCAA Football 11. You should be able to download the update now (it will automatically download when you start the game). Roy talked about this update coming a while back in his blog 'Thank You' and I brought it up again when we released Live Tuner Pack 1 last week. I am happy to finally say it is here, and we've got a long list of tweaks, tunes, and fixes. Many of these changes were requests straight from you, the fans of NCAA Football, so it was very important to us to get them in the update. Enough words, let's get to the list!

Graphics

* Uniform degradation has been fixed.
* Fixed a graphical issue with TeamBuilder sideline home uniforms.
* Fixed several camera bugs (pulled back on field goals, blurry cameras, and replays after a change of possession)
* Fixed helmet numbers for Rice and Wake Forest

* Resolved an issue with Season Showdown, allowing us to turn it back on, so you're upload failure message every time you go in/out of game is gone!
* Fixed a couple freezes related to lobbies
* Fixed voice communication in Online Dynasty Hub on PS3
* Fixed an issue that could lead to a disconnect in online play during play calling

Offense

* Fixed an issue on a couple plays where the QB would miss a hand off and run backward
* Reduced the chance that the ball will be knocked out when a receiver is hit at the time of the catch
* Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate
* Tuned how the CPU ball carriers utilize leans and special moves so that they won't be used in situations when they shouldn't (e.g. a HB in the open field will not put his shoulders down when running forward)
* Tuned pass accuracy and the ability to lead a receiver
* Tweaked sideline catch animations in the end zone so that they have a bit more room to play
* Fixed an exploit where backwards passes could be overly effective

Defense

* Fixed defensive reaction to pump fake to be more balanced. Skilled defensive backs will not be as easily fooled by pump fakes.
* Tuned the Aggressive Defensive Line Gameplan to have more risk of jumping offsides
* Removed a hesitation from defensive lineman pass rush on screen plays
* Improved flat zone and deep zone coverage
* Tuned man coverage reaction to the run
* Adjusted CPU pursuit angles in some specific cases where they weren't being aggressive enough

Special Teams

* Tuned onside kicks to be less predictable
* Fixed an issue where catching a kicked ball after hitting the goalpost would result in kicking team getting the ball back
* Fixed an issue where the punter could line up out of place
* Adjusted cross bar collision on field goals and extra points

Other

* Tuned CPU clock management where they would let the clock run out in some cases they shouldn't
* Fixed a bug with time of possession tracking
* Adjusted substitutions to be more intelligent (previously would see some weird players in the game with lots of aggressive no huddle)
* Fixed a couple places where the wrong custom stadium sounds would play
* Fixed a bug that caused Road To Glory to be simulated day by day near the end of the season
* Tuned Kick Power and Kick Accuracy of progression of kickers and punters in Dynasty Mode
* Fixed a couple infrequent game lock-ups

Again, I want to thank you for providing us with all the feedback you have thus far, and encourage you to continue to do so. It's safe to say this is the biggest update in NCAA History. We wanted to be sure that we continue to improve your experience while playing NCAA Football 11, so this update touches almost every area of the game. You can look forward to more Live Tuner Packs for NCAA Football 11 in the near future.

This update is for you Mr. Passionate-NCAA-Football-Gamer.

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football

Wooo!

Lonestar

There's alot of Yay in that patch update, even though I'll miss the happy feeling of causing DB's to bite on pump fakes.

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
Must be nice to have time to do a pump fake.....

As long as you don't run a PA pass (on 1st down!) and attempt a Pump Fake.

Seriously, unless you're playing against a human, don't bother running a PA pass on 1st down, the CPU knows before the play starts you are doing a PA pass, and will just blitz and kill you.

I also pump fake literally right after the snap of the ball. I try not to wait too long when getting rid of the ball.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I don't waste my time with PAs anymore. The last few games have been a nightmare though. Running game is stuffed and whenever I try to pass (on any down) it seems like I am getting nanoblitzed. But I am dealing with it....

LosDaddie

Banned
Alright, I know this is an Online Dynasty thread, but do you guys still play scrim games? Or just OD games?

I just received this game from Amazon and I know it's too late to join you guys in the OD. But I'd love to play some of you online.

LosDaddie said:
Alright, I know this is an Online Dynasty thread, but do you guys still play scrim games? Or just OD games?

I just received this game from Amazon and I know it's too late to join you guys in the OD. But I'd love to play some of you online.

You can take Smokey's team. I doubt he'd even notice.

Somnia

Denogg I'm going to the car dealership around 4pm cst. I don't think it will be very long, but if I'm running a bit late I'll make sure to post. Time to finally trade in the ole car which I've had for 8 years and upgrade (looking at the ford fusion hybrid...or maybe a brand new mustang :lol )

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Somnia said:
Denogg I'm going to the car dealership around 4pm cst. I don't think it will be very long, but if I'm running a bit late I'll make sure to post. Time to finally trade in the ole car which I've had for 8 years and upgrade (looking at the ford fusion hybrid...or maybe a brand new mustang :lol )
Sounds good. Good luck! And if you are buying a car tonight, I can almost guarantee you won't be back in time. Just let me know if you think it is going to go late.

Lonestar

Man, I've been tempted to finally go out and get an upgrade of my car. About time to retire my 2001 Nissan Sentra SE-R.

Lonestar said:
Man, I've been tempted to finally go out and get an upgrade of my car. About time to retire my 2001 Nissan Sentra SE-R.

I upgraded my 2000 Maxima last October to a 2007 Infiniti G35s

I love being a grown up.

Somnia

Well guys it was a blast, but with Madden arriving I'm going to go ahead and call it on NCAA now that my season is officially over. Going to focus my time on Madden from this point on.

I've decided NCAA is just not for me. Was fun while it lasted though!

LJ11

Upset in Tuscaloosa!

First off, I did not deserve to win that game. Missed two stick routes, easy ints dropped. Misread the safeties on another throw to Floyd, easy int dropped.

Lone also gifted me 3 points with a questionable decision early in the game.

Caught him on a hurry up call out of 4 wide, 3 man line, draw run TD. Still should have stopped me before the TD, but a poor angle took him out of position for the tackle.

The hurry up calls on my last drive, especially on the 4th down were necessary because you were aggressive and I didn't want to be left without any time on the clock. You ran the ball well and ate up chunks of clock in the first half.

Besides, you went hurry up on that 4th down goal line play, I couldn't make my adjustment in time, and you nailed the TD. May have stuffed you on the GL otherwise.

Lone basically lost on a draw play. I pinned him on his 2 with a punt, lucky bounce, I called a blitz and my LB shot the gap and nailed his RB, ball rolled into the endzone for a TD.

I enjoyed the hell out of that game, even if I lost I would have enjoyed it. That one Pass combo you had with the TE in the flats was fantastic, because it basically neutralized my most effective blitz in the game. Roasted me on more than one occasion and I had to go elsewhere.

thanks for playing somnia. looks like you took some lumps this year.... and then balled all your anger up and took it out on me with one pass to dez bryant in madden :(

to be honest i would have probably killed myself if that was a league game.

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
thanks for playing somnia. looks like you took some lumps this year.... and then balled all your anger up and took it out on me with one pass to dez bryant in madden :(

to be honest i would have probably killed myself if that was a league game.

:lol

If you makes you feel any better I just returned 3 kick returns for TDs with ogletree against Smokey.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Somnia said:
:lol

If you makes you feel any better I just returned 3 kick returns for TDs with ogletree against Smokey.

You should have fake punted for good measure

guys i did adjust some of the sliders this week. i decreased RB ability and run blocking. I also decreased CPU accuracy. let me know what you think.

i finished my game and it was close but i felt the CPU running game wasn't as cheap (i.e. breaking tackles all game)

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys i did adjust some of the sliders this week. i decreased RB ability and run blocking. I also decreased CPU accuracy. let me know what you think.

i finished my game and it was close but i felt the CPU running game wasn't as cheap (i.e. breaking tackles all game)

Why did you decrease it? Who wanted it? It was just about right!

Lonestar said:
Why did you decrease it? Who wanted it? It was just about right!

yeah, it seemed just about right. 50-ish scores every week, extreme robo QB. don't worry, your precious mark ingram won't be affected and you can get your 250 yards per quarter still!

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah, it seemed just about right. 50-ish scores every week, extreme robo QB. don't worry, your precious mark ingram won't be affected and you can get your 250 yards per quarter still!

I can't hit 50 points :/

My games have been realistic scoring.

Top Bottom