• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

LJ11

done.

Lonestar said:
And not much to do, but done. CB3 with the final dagger in the recruiting class, getting an OLB and DT that I wanted to replace players leaving early, to top off LJ getting that QB.

That QB is the only recruit I'm going to land unfortunately. Paper thin at safety, I couldn't land a single one.

im done. got a 4 star center at least!

and i think i finally wrapped up this 4 star LT. i started bad mouthing OK state and they were getting -50's and -60's on the board when i did. i've never seen that before :lol

how do you get positives for advisors? i see it randomly

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
And not much to do, but done. CB3 with the final dagger in the recruiting class, getting an OLB and DT that I wanted to replace players leaving early, to top off LJ getting that QB.

WellPlayed-1.gif

hard-knock-life-cover-L.jpg

the only fucking dagger cb3 did was have me skip week 3 of recruiting when i never said i was done so i couldn't get brady leach. fuck you

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ph33nix said:
the only fucking dagger cb3 did was have me skip week 3 of recruiting when i never said i was done so i couldn't get brady leach. fuck you

thecoldone33 10:24 am
(10:24:22 AM): go do your recruiting
the pheeniks 10:26 am
(10:26:06 AM): and then play me
thecoldone33 10:26 am
(10:26:11 AM): nah
(10:26:22 AM): bitch im not doing recruiting yet then
(10:26:25 AM): i'll wait till every one else is done
(10:26:27 AM): i dont care
(10:26:30 AM): ill advance anyway
(10:26:31 AM): suck on that

You were warned

CB3 said:
thecoldone33 10:24 am
(10:24:22 AM): go do your recruiting
(10:26:06 AM): and then play me
(10:26:11 AM): nah
(10:26:22 AM): bitch im not doing recruiting yet then
(10:26:25 AM): i'll wait till every one else is done
(10:26:27 AM): i dont care
(10:26:30 AM): ill advance anyway
(10:26:31 AM): suck on that

You were warned

doesn't mean you should actually do it you sack of whore tits

CB3

This isnt the days of FMT's empty threats. You had all day to do the 2 minutes of recruiting. But you chose to BS around in 2k11 all day! Not my problem

CB3 said:
This isnt the days of FMT's empty threats. You had all day to do the 2 minutes of recruiting. But you chose to BS around in 2k11 all day! Not my problem

whatever i don't care. i am going to tap your ass in 2k all year and you know it

Azwethinkweiz said:
Are you playing as the Alabama of the NBA?
:D

I have waited patiently all my life for something like this.

but he uses the lakers and the world still seems to think they're better so whatever

CB3

Going on to advance now. Im 95% sure that everyone is gone during week 5. Ill double check that and if its the case, ill advance past that week. If its scheduling after that ill pass it off to FMT and we'll wait on him

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've only got 2 players left on my board. Only thing after this was Cuts of players, then onto that preseason screen, where it's scheduling, redshirting and pre ranking of recruits.

And both committed elsewhere, so done.

CB3

There's a handful of 4 star guys left that ill just leave it just incase you guys have any clean up duty.

LukeSmith

Azwethinkweiz said:
Wish we could've finished this all up last night as I won't be able to touch the game again until Sunday.

If it's any consolation my team didn't get screwed up too badly when I missed all of the offseason stuff after year 1

Lonestar

Really, only thing left is cut players. You can tell what your situation will be, if you will be under 70 or not, from your website. If you are under, there are no problems. If you are over, it "should" just cut your low level players. Should...

Then it's just the preseason stuff, which could possibly take until next week. You'll either miss on being able to redshit your players (though there's a chance you can still achieve redshirts, as I believe I've seen a player that I did not redshirt, but also didn't play, and the following year, showed as being redshirted). Only other things were depth charts and pre-recruiting. Neither matter alot, one of them you can do online.

Lonestar said:
Really, only thing left is cut players. You can tell what your situation will be, if you will be under 70 or not, from your website. If you are under, there are no problems. If you are over, it "should" just cut your low level players. Should...

Then it's just the preseason stuff, which could possibly take until next week. You'll either miss on being able to redshit your players (though there's a chance you can still achieve redshirts, as I believe I've seen a player that I did not redshirt, but also didn't play, and the following year, showed as being redshirted). Only other things were depth charts and pre-recruiting. Neither matter alot, one of them you can do online.

We waited 2 days last weekend so you clowns could convince your players to stay. You guys can wait two days so I can do preseason stuff. I don't care about cutting players though as I should be under the cap.

Lonestar

Here I am, thinking that the talk existing players into returning, factors in more than depth charting and pre ranking recruits. Guess Not.

I just want it to advance so I can see training results!

Lonestar

Azwethinkweiz said:
You're saying it's more important than redshirting? Because I'm sure there's an argument to be made for that.

pasted from Operation Sports

A couple of notes:

1. While it doesn't tell you the guy's supposed to redshirt, you can see the redshirt icon next to his avatar. I've gotten into the habit of looking at the avatar when I'm inserting someone using formation subs (since I did the same thing as you before).

2. Technically, a guy redshirts if he doesn't have any stats, not because you put a "redshirt" on him. Putting a redshirt on someone prevents them from playing which means that they get no stats which means he'll get redshirted at the end of the season. What this means is that if you burned someone's redshirt by putting him in formation subs, if you remove him from formation subs and don't ever play him, he'll still redshirt at the end of the year.

IE. My team had a FR(RS) K and a true FR P. It won't let me redshirt the punter since he's the only punter on my team. I started my kicker @ kicker, punter, and kickoffs which meant that my punter never played. Since he never played, he was a FR(RS) the following year instead of a true SO, even though I never flagged him as a redshirt at the beginning of the year.

This is true, as my Kicker and Punter were Freshmen when they started, and you can't redshirt the only player at that position, so I couldn't use that option. But My Kicker has also been my punter and Kickoff guy his entire time there. My Punter got a redshirt year without really redshirting. Now my kicker is a Senior and my Punter is a RS Junior.

So, if you don't play the player and he has not taken the RS yet, he'll get one whether you chose him to be or not.

Not like we'd get past the Preseason part before Sunday night.

CB3

Yes. When I get home. But with gloomy weather plus friday traffic, who knows when that is

Azwethinkweiz said:
League stopped last weekend due to FMT wanting to make man babies with Alex Smith. I don't know why he gets special privileges.

wtf? why is there this rumor that i said don't advance?

not only did i tell CB to advance if everyone else was done, i posted it in this thread! i said we had tried playing a few times, couldn't, and that if we were the last game to go ahead and advance (there were still 3 games left to be played before i left)

i got no special privelages. i got no special privelages when i went to oregon in august (season 1) either when i had a couple of my games simmed and missed out on recruiting time.

CB3

aaaaaand Swerve. The next step is Position change, not cut players. It will be advanced in 10 minutes. I had to go to Signing day before that which is useless

Lonestar

aight, loading up, lets see what I can do.

Might want to give more time, some people got a load of ATH players, and I don't know what happens if you auto them.

Lonestar

New guy's went about like I figured. There are some excellent Juco 3 star players. Got 2 or 3 OLB's that are in the low 80's with fantastic speed.

But 3 star CB's that aren't Juco...meh, mid 60's :/ So, I'm attempting to move a good SS to CB, for depth. Readjusted the Oline and DE's, and I think I'm done.

Sitting on like 12 WR's. I see some transfers in the future. And a switch of offensive philosophy.

dang wtf i didn't get this 4 star LT i had my sights on all year! my offensive line was absolutely destroyed. i got my 4 star center who turned out good, but i had a bunch of guys leave and now i'm incredibly weak at both guard spots.

picked up some nice wr's though. one of my wr's is a 3 star, 74 rated guy but his AWR is 80. i've never seen that in a freshman :lol you usually see the AWR in your recruits always low.

safety and LB took a hit for me as well. although i did pickup a MLB with a 92 speed o_O

overally my only hope for the season is some good progression. my defense and offensive line are really weak

CB3

LJ might be the last one left. Im trying to ask our fearless leader if we're waiting for AZ or not but he doesnt seem interested in answering.

So fuck it. if LJ gets it done tonight, we're advancing.

LJ11

CB3 said:
LJ might be the last one left. Im trying to ask our fearless leader if we're waiting for AZ or not but he doesnt seem interested in answering.

Baseball game is over, be on in a few.

LJ11

Took longer than I originally intended. I somehow ended up with 7 QBs. At least I have options, Gruden style!

Didn't want a couple of guys, one 4 Star ATH was somehow recruited even though I ignored him as much as possible, ended up as a QB.

CB3 said:

it doesn't take a lot of brains to read up a couple posts and see that AZ won't be back until Sunday...yet you skipped him anyways. and yeah I could have done it when you said it but I just didn't feel like entering NCAA and I figured I'd do it saturday morning which is right now...yet you've advanced. fuck you.

worst commissioner, ever.

CB3

ph33nix said:
it doesn't take a lot of brains to read up a couple posts and see that AZ won't be back until Sunday...yet you skipped him anyways. and yeah I could have done it when you said it but I just didn't feel like entering NCAA and I figured I'd do it saturday morning which is right now...yet you've advanced. fuck you.

worst commissioner, ever.

In regards to AZ:

whossorrynow015 8:15 pm
(8:15:35 PM): Advance it
(8:15:37 PM): No mercy

in regards to you:
Its not my fault your weed smoking ass is too lazy to turn on the xbox 5 fucking feet away from you and do something that takes 2 minutes

Top Bottom