• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You would still have about 10 5 Star guys at week 7 without any recruiting and complaing about some 4 star schmuck you lost out on

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CB3 said:
You would still have about 10 5 Star guys at week 7 without any recruiting and complaing about some 4 star schmuck you lost out on

Nah, you would have them all. I'm the Only one standing in the way of The USC Dynasty.

CB3

"I'm" would mean you actually influenced your super team in some way

Thats like me saying i had something to do with the Eagles win last week

Lonestar

CB3 said:
"I'm" would mean you actually influenced your super team in some way

Thats like me saying i had something to do with the Eagles win last week

:lol

Ok, sure, guess that's true then.

LJ11

He had a stacked roster going in, but you can't keep dogging him for being able to recruit CB when you're near the top during every recruiting cycle. Doesn't work that way.

CB3

we've played 3 seasons. I had the top recruiting class this year and a top 10 one last year but year one i was in the 20 somethings.

I was starting 77 rated guys on D last season. Bama doesnt even start counting until the number 90

LukeSmith

CB3 said:
we've played 3 seasons. I had the top recruiting class this year and a top 10 one last year but year one i was in the 20 somethings.

I was starting 77 rated guys on D last season. Bama doesnt even start counting until the number 90

The last season (not the one we just finished) I had the 108th rated recruiting class in the country. :(

LJ11

CB3 said:

First season doesn't count, most of us didn't have a clue, I had a brutal class.

Lonestar

CB3 said:

About to be counting some 80's on defense :p

you're all fucking babies! you all started with 5 or 6 star prestige teams! what about us who started off with 3 stars and worked out way up..... and then back down :(

in other news, i'm kind of torn on my starting qb. i have josh nunes rated at 90 with 92 accuracy and 90 THP. then i have nottingham is an 82 overall with a 99 accuracy but 88 THP. the main difference is AWR, where nunes is in the 80's and nottingham is in the 60's.

how much does awr play in this game for qb's? i always assumed it was meaningless because YOU are controlling the guy, but the more i think of it the more i believe it has to do with some of the random "bad" throws i see from time to time.

one thing is for sure: no running behind the guards for me this year. fucking brutal guards on my team now. going to have to pass pass pass and a short passing game at that :(

CB3

Looks like we can advance. Will do that in a minute. After that, ill be gone for most of the rest of the day so just incase, frenchy:

2010-05-03-captainplanet1.jpg

The Power, Is Yours!

LJ11

Whoever made this schedule needs to off himself.

I match up against three human opponents, Luke/CB/FMT same guys as last year. No problem with playing these three, since they are rivalry games, but how about a couple of more humans.

Edit: Unless it isn't finished, in which case ignore me!

LJ11 said:
Whoever made this schedule needs to off himself.

I match up against three human opponents, Luke/CB/FMT same guys as last year. No problem with playing these three, since they are rivalry games, but how about a couple of more humans.

Edit: Unless it isn't finished, in which case ignore me!

i haven't touched or seen the schedule yet, so no that is not final.

as i always say, if you have a matchup with someone you prefer (or you prefer NOT to play someone) then tell me within the next day or so.

if you don't tell me then i'm going to go with whatever matchups i feel like. tough titties!

LJ11

I've never played OSU or Oregon in the regular season, wouldn't mind seeing one or both on the schedule. Again, I'm fine with anyone. One more thing, last season I had all my human opponents front loaded, 5 in a row or something like that. Whatever works.

Edit: If I set up my board now, will the CPU override it if I have assists on? I should turn them off just in case, but if anyone knows (Lone) I'd appreciate it.

Lonestar

I'd just turn them off, and set it manually yourself. Just don't put alot of faith it anything auto in an EA game.

Schedule wise, I've just played OSU and Utah once last season, guess could finish home and away there. Still haven't played Oregon or Texas, and I think I only played Michigan once, in the 1st season. I've played CB, FMT, LJ, and Az Home and Aways (and one time each against FMT and CB in bowl games)

That's pretty much the history of my H2H games, so really, open to whatever the Commish wants to do.

LJ unfortunately you see your human opponents front loaded because i'm restricted in every other conference. i can't move conference games or edit them, so everyone but you only has open games early in the year, and then the last couple weeks of the season.

i wish everyone was independent so i could easily sprinkle human opponents throughout the year, but no :(

also, i have CPU assist on and i don't see that they take people out, but like lonestar said i wouldn't trust it over the long haul. i only had it on for the end of the season because there wasn't anyone else i wanted.

some pretty good recruits for stanford. still no 5 star players, but i think people get too wrapped up in the star # rather than looking at the actual player. that is what i like about the recruiting: if i'm looking for a PARTICULAR type of player (for instance, a speed LB), i can look at what his #'s are and not have to worry about his star prestige. i found an OLB with an A- speed and B+ acceleration who is a 2 star. compare this with a 4 star LB who has a C in both and why would i want the 4 star if i'm just looking for a speed guy? true, the 4 star has better play recognition and tackling, but there is value even in some low star players

Lonestar

You could have made everyone independent at the beginning :p

Telling you, there are some great Juco talent there. Even the 3 star Juco players. Getting some low to mid 80 talent from there.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
I'd just turn them off, and set it manually yourself. Just don't put alot of faith it anything auto in an EA game.

Schedule wise, I've just played OSU and Utah once last season, guess could finish home and away there. Still haven't played Oregon or Texas, and I think I only played Michigan once, in the 1st season. I've played CB, FMT, LJ, and Az Home and Aways (and one time each against FMT and CB in bowl games)

That's pretty much the history of my H2H games, so really, open to whatever the Commish wants to do.

Doesn't Lonestar get the "I won the National Championship" schedule of: LJ, CB, FMT, DCX, DM and me? That's what I had last year and I didn't even win the title.

yeah my weed smoking ass might too lazy to turn it on sometimes. but this same weed smoking ass is the one that's kicking your ass in 2k that you're too scared to play me

heat>lakers in real life and in 2k

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
Doesn't Lonestar get the "I won the National Championship" schedule of: LJ, CB, FMT, DCX, DM and me? That's what I had last year and I didn't even win the title.

You played yourself? WOW

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
every game I battle with myself, Lonestar. Every game.

Sign of a TRUE WARRIORRRRR

The Real AJ McCarron is in the game. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah, his arm is insanely better than McElroy.

CB3

yeah i better get some people at home this year besides cupcake FMT

I want Pheeknicks too.

CB3

This league hangs like a ball in the air thrown by Alex Smith as soon as FMT gets the power back.

alright, we've had all weekend. i'll be advancing in about a half hour or so.... got to take a shower and then finish up the scheduling stuff

p.s. alex looked good today. when he didn't look good was when that fat fuck of a lineman anthony davis let the panthers end go in on alex untouched for a sack and dislocated his left shoulder. fuck this team, i want singletary fired after we get back from our loss to the broncos

well i did the best i could guys. there must be some weird glitch with texas or they have requirements i dont know about because i would try to schedule games with them where both teams were under the max games and both teams had the week "OPEN", but it would not let me schedule them together (tried this with USC and Texas).

then, i would try to rearrange their other weeks, and there were some weeks against non conference opponents which i could NOT set to OPEN.... even though for every other team i can do that.

this made it difficult to get the requests for texas in, so sorry if you wanted to play texas and didn't :(

also, some of the other matchups i just couldn't work around. anyhow, enjoy whats there!

Lonestar

Uber Team no more, I've fallen all the way down to an A ranking on Defense! :lol

Also: should have gotten someone to play @ Oklahoma. Sitting on a 46 game home winning streak :lol

True story: For every 5 star player on this year's recruiting list, the top 5 teams on his list would include a combination of Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan, and USC. That's some fucking easy button shit right there.

Lonestar

You guy's are forgetting the Favorite in alot of players hearts: Oklahoma and Penn State. Oklahoma is loaded with players that I went after!

LJ11

I waited until this afternoon to start recruiting and a couple of guys are off the board already, including a safety. Lightning fast.

CB3

LJ11 said:
I waited until this afternoon to start recruiting and a couple of guys are off the board already, including a safety. Lightning fast.

I got the #3 MLB and a 4 star JuCo Athlete to instant commit. Looks like others are having similar success as well

LJ11

CB3 said:
I got the #3 MLB and a 4 star JuCo Athlete to instant commit. Looks like others are having similar success as well

Fuck you. :lol

I'll admit I'm high on many prospect boards, but the margin is slim.

Lonestar

I had a 4 star FS commit. Probably who you are talking about.

"Sadly" he was the only one, of my 8 or 9 "1st choice" guys to insta commit.

I'll let you guy's have free reign on WR's. Just leave some TE's for me.

Gotta be careful on these ATH's. There's a 5 star ATH here, David Irby. 6'1" 202 lb's C ratings across the speed/agility board, Subpar Catching, poor coverage marks, no throwing ability, no blocking shedding, poor defensive marks. Only appears to be good at blocking.

So, the worlds smallest Blocking Only Tight End/Offensive Lineman???

CB3

Lonestar said:
I had a 4 star FS commit. Probably who you are talking about.

"Sadly" he was the only one, of my 8 or 9 "1st choice" guys to insta commit.

I'll let you guy's have free reign on WR's. Just leave some TE's for me.

Gotta be careful on these ATH's. There's a 5 star ATH here, David Irby. 6'1" 202 lb's C ratings across the speed/agility board, Subpar Catching, poor coverage marks, no throwing ability, no blocking shedding, poor defensive marks. Only appears to be good at blocking.

So, the worlds smallest Blocking Only Tight End/Offensive Lineman???

Or he's a really big kicker. David Buehler Jr.

Im home DCX

Top Bottom