• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LukeSmith said:
CB promised the punter a championship, so next year when he doesn't win, I assume that kid is going to xfer to home, DCX-recruit style

Nah, he'll sit on the bench, just so he'll get his one playing shot in the last 2 games of his senior season.

I call it: Mustained.

Lonestar

ph33nix said:
what week recruiting are we in can we just do the position changes/redshirting shit now

Just entered week 4 of 5. Sounds like Luke, as well as myself, are done with recruiting. Would be nice to see a roll call of who is done (odds are, most of us are)

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Just entered week 4 of 5. Sounds like Luke, as well as myself, are done with recruiting. Would be nice to see a roll call of who is done (odds are, most of us are)

I've got 2 guys left that I'm interested in, so I still will do week 5 when it pops

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i looked through and saw Notre Dame and Clemson has some 4 star guys they were still going after. I was ready to double advance it

Lonestar

Ugh, lost track of how many spots I actually had opened :lol

Sitting at 78 players, and I know they'll throw on a walk on kicker and FB :(

Gonna be a tough go round come cutting time. I'm sure I'll be totally ethical with it.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Ugh, lost track of how many spots I actually had opened :lol

Sitting at 78 players, and I know they'll throw on a walk on kicker and FB :(

Gonna be a tough go round come cutting time. I'm sure I'll be totally ethical with it.

I have no clue how many roster spots I even have

Lonestar

hit the right stick "button" (R3?) on the recruiting screen, and it'll give you all your roster spots. Add the "current" roster amount to the amount of commitments, that's how many players you'll have. Roster Limit at 70.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
hit the right stick "button" (R3?) on the recruiting screen, and it'll give you all your roster spots. Add the "current" roster amount to the amount of commitments, that's how many players you'll have. Roster Limit at 70.

ew I'll be getting a walk-on kicker then, though last year i used the lonestar redshirt technique of letting a senior P stay, but not ever play to earn a redshirt and come back this year to do double duty

Lonestar

Trying to understand the sentence. So, you had a SR punter who didn't play at all, and did get a redshirt year? Or did not?

My Never-Used-Before RS Senior Punter is going to be the kicker this year, while the walk on does nothing.

That punter (that CB3 ended up with) was really the only one I had a chance with getting one this year, though I'd stilll be forced to get a walk on kicker with my theorectical 2 punters (I would have moved one of the 2 to the Kicker Position and cut the walk on). Can't do that now, though. Maybe one of these 2 ATH's is really a kicker! (They seem to be a DE and a DB though)

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Trying to understand the sentence. So, you had a SR punter who didn't play at all, and did get a redshirt year? Or did not?

My Never-Used-Before RS Senior Punter is going to be the kicker this year, while the walk on does nothing.

That punter (that CB3 ended up with) was really the only one I had a chance with getting one this year, though I'd stilll be forced to get a walk on kicker with my theorectical 2 punters (I would have moved one of the 2 to the Kicker Position and cut the walk on). Can't do that now, though. Maybe one of these 2 ATH's is really a kicker! (They seem to be a DE and a DB though)

Last year:
Senior (RS) K
Senior P

Bench Senior P all year, to earn a redshirt, since you can't redshirt a position you need to carry on the active roster. I am pretty sure you made a post about doing this awhile ago.

Now this year:
probably shitty walk on kicker
Senior RS P

Punter will kick and punt

Lonestar

Good Good, glad to see it worked out.

There's plenty of good available players at almost all the positions...except the Kicking area.

Maybe that's why USC went and got 2 Punters and a Kicker :D

CB3

Good idea. Post whether you need to recruit for week 5 or not. Me, FMT, and i think Luke and Lonestar dont

Lonestar

Azwethinkweiz said:
He advanced it at 2am EST. Some of us have day jobs and thus need to go to sleep at a reasonable hour. Chill out.

Some of us work till 5 or 6 pm CST, and can't be around to play at 1 or 2 PM...

Lonestar

Azwethinkweiz said:
You were, however, available to respond. I know this because I saw you posting in other threads.

Not really. Was around before lunchtime, then was away from my computer the rest of the day. Can't respond to a 1:39 PM CST message, not until I first checked in when I was about to leave work at 4:59 PM CST. Where were you at 9 PM EST on the night before? I skipped the 4th quarter of the Alabama vs. High School game at sometime after 8 PM CST and you had left, even though you PM'ed you'd be around.

Lonestar said:
Not really. Was around before lunchtime, then was away from my computer the rest of the day. Can't respond to a 1:39 PM CST message, not until I first checked in when I was about to leave work at 4:59 PM CST. Where were you at 9 PM EST on the night before? I skipped the 4th quarter of the Alabama vs. High School game at sometime after 8 PM CST and you had left, even though you PM'ed you'd be around.

I was there at 9pm EST. You didn't show up until a little bit after 10pm EST, at which point I had given up and started watching a movie with the gf. You can see the timestamps in the other thread. It's not really a big deal, and I think the bigger culprit was that we were only given 2 days to arrange a time, but what's done is done.

Lonestar

Yeah, I know what's done is done. I just didn't like how it was handled, and that I ended up being the douchebag even if I was the one on the screwed end.

Yeah, I had the hours on Thursday messed up by an hour, but still, Watching my football game, and left around the start of the 4th quarter. It wasn't like Bob watching Cheers, Fraiser, or Hot in Cleveland.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
niners are playing tonight so don't advance until i'm done d-bag!

He already advanced to position change, everyone should easily be able to knock that out before the niners "game" is done

DCX

DCX
done.. BTW

20100820-213907-pic-933104051_t160.jpg

My Starting MLB...

DCX

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
done on position changes, going to be an interesting year - pretty low on talent at certain spots

Yeah, I'm interested in how we all perform, as this is the final year for any of the pre-existing players. Think I only have 10 of them left. My LB's and CB's are loaded with Seniors too, so I'm good for this year, but next year....

Made my incoming 3 star HB into a 61 rated FB! Moved my punter to kicker, in hopes that walk on punters are better kickers than walk on kickers...

And I've created some nicely rated, but very small, DT's, to make up for my 2 DT's on roster.

Whoa DCX...hope you recruited heavy on Defense, I can't believe you only have 14 players returning on Defense. 2 CB's, 3 DE's, no OLB's, 3 safeties...

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
Yeah, I'm interested in how we all perform, as this is the final year for any of the pre-existing players. Think I only have 10 of them left. My LB's and CB's are loaded with Seniors too, so I'm good for this year, but next year....

Made my incoming 3 star HB into a 61 rated FB! Moved my punter to kicker, in hopes that walk on punters are better kickers than walk on kickers...

And I've created some nicely rated, but very small, DT's, to make up for my 2 DT's on roster.

Whoa DCX...hope you recruited heavy on Defense, I can't believe you only have 14 players returning on Defense. 2 CB's, 3 DE's, no OLB's, 3 safeties...
Recruiting has been horrible. Championship=soul sold.

DCX

LJ11

That 5 Star player, Irby, is basically a 78 rated player anywhere on the line (81 at center). He's a 78 rated FB and a 73 TE. I'm pretty set along the lines so I moved his ass to fullback, not sure if that was the right thing to do. Was thinking of just leaving him at ATH and moving him around as fit, not sure if the game would auto assign.

Edit: I'm stacked on D, ratings may not show it but I feel it's the best unit I've had. The LBs are insane. WRs are lacking big time, but OL/TEs/Backs and D should carry me to the title, guaranteeing it! No more number 2!

Lonestar

I'm liking that there is this odd game of "ok, HB's/WR's/whatever belong to one of us", on a yearly basis. Year one, I had a huge HB class. Year 2, DCX had a huge HB class and I had a huge WR class and CB3 had a huge QB class. Year 3 (this year?) I've pulled in a huge DE class, CB3 pulled in a huge Offensive line class. Like the big dogs of recruiting have taken turns at certain positions. Not by any actual plotting, it's just turn out that way. Anyone else collect a smorgasbord amount of a single position in a single class?

General Consensus to me is...there aren't enough good CB's coming out of the new classes.

CB3

Lonestar said:
I'm liking that there is this odd game of "ok, HB's/WR's/whatever belong to one of us", on a yearly basis. Year one, I had a huge HB class. Year 2, DCX had a huge HB class and I had a huge WR class and CB3 had a huge QB class. Year 3 (this year?) I've pulled in a huge DE class, CB3 pulled in a huge Offensive line class. Like the big dogs of recruiting have taken turns at certain positions. Not by any actual plotting, it's just turn out that way. Anyone else collect a smorgasbord amount of a single position in a single class?

General Consensus to me is...there aren't enough good CB's coming out of the new classes.

Ahh... The Class of Cox!

Lonestar said:

I have like 15 Defensive Tackles. Sadly none of them are any good.

Lonestar

CB3 said:
Ahh... The Class of Cox!

Oh horseshit, look at the roster on the NCAA website :lol

Not only a 99 Freshman last season, used to throw over 1000 yards...

But was credited with a redshirt! That's right, Mr. 99 RS Freshman e'erbody! :lol

4 MORE YEARS
4 MORE YEARS
4 MORE YEARS
4 MORE YEARS

Top Bottom