• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

LukeSmith

Pheenix beating CB 49-35 in the fourth

Lonestar said:
I needed at least 2 MLB's to keep the minimum amount. Boom, 3 or 4 MLB's want to go to Alabama. Only spots I don't need are DE's, WR's, and Centers.

Back 2 Back Mythical national championships help too.

Yeah, I had two strong years of recruiting during and in the wake of some 22 game, championship free winning streak. I don't have any giant holes in my roster beyond kicker/punter. I've ended up with some good lineman on both sides of the ball and some fun linebackers

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
Pheenix beating CB 49-35 in the fourth

Yeah, I had two strong years of recruiting during and in the wake of some 22 game, championship free winning streak. I don't have any giant holes in my roster beyond kicker/punter. I've ended up with some good lineman on both sides of the ball and some fun linebackers
You cursed him..CB up 3 now.

Nevermind..idk what happened at the end but Phee wins 52-42?

DCX

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg dcx. felt like you had it and then got a little too conservative with the running which let me get back in the game.

and either my o-line is awesome or your Defense is fucking awful. delicious holes all over the place.

on the negative side, my star RB missed most of the entire game because he was on fucking PR duty because my top WR got hurt for 8 weeks! fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

i also got 2 first call commits! and i got like 980 points of interest from a 5 star tackle but he didn't sign.... yet!
Fixed. I have a shitty D, it's C rated :/ I'll score, but i won't stop anyone. My only hope is a fluke turnover.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This defense should be fun this year.

His shithead HB Pro Tak'ing out of two guys behind the LOS on a 3rd and 2 and busting it for a TD was the end

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just to show my thought process of what to recruit, I usually try to think of 2 seasons ahead, to avoid the situation of not having enough players in any particular spots.

Center: 3; 2 RS Juniors 1 Freshman (redshirting). Debateable to try and grab another one this season, since one of the Juniors is 99 and could feasibly leave early, plus at the end of next season, I'll just have 1 Center.

QB's 4; 1 RS Senior, 1 RS Sophomore, 1 Freshman (Redshirting), 1 Sophomore(Redshirting). Don't need a QB, but since there's 1 or 2 5 stars with me first, I'll throw some minutes their way.

HB: 4; 2 RS Juniors, 1 RS Sophomore, 1 Sophomore(Redshirting). Lost 1 HB early to draft before the season, only 4 left. End of next season I'll only have 2 left, so I'll look for at least 1 HB.

FB: 1; Converted Freshman HB and is not really a good FB. Looking to get a FB that would be better, perhaps to move that HB back to HB, which would fix the HB problem, but he also might have a screwed up developement.

WR 7; 1 Junior, 2 RS Sophomore, 1 Sophomore, 2 RS Freshman, 1 Sophomore(Redshirting). I do not need another WR, but like QB, I'll throw some minutes on a 5 star WR that has me #1.

TE: 2; 1 Sophomore, 1 Freshman. I'd like another one, and if there's one that'll be better than either of these, I'll go after.

Tackles: 5; 1 RS Senior, 2 RS Sophomore, 2 RS Freshman, 1 Freshman (Redshirting). Won't go after a tackle unless it's a high star player with me as #1

Guards: 6; 1 RS Senior, 1 Junior, 1 RS Junior, 2 Juniors (Redshirting), 1 RS Freshman. Might go after some younger Guards, as a couple of my guards are JUCO guards.

DE's: 8; 2 RS Seniors, 1 RS Junior, 2 Redshirt Freshman, 3 Freshman (Redshirting). I do not plan on going after any DE's, same reasoning as WR's

DT: 4; 1 RS Senior, 1 RS Junior, 1 Junior (Redshirting), 1 Sophomore(Redshirting). 2 of these are converted DE's and are probably too small. Looking for some DT's.

MLB: 5; 3 RS Seniors, 1 Junior (Redshirting), 1 Sophomore (Redshirting). Early commitment from 1 MLB already, looking for another 1 or 2.

OLB: 6; 1 RS Senior, 3 RS Juniors, 1 Sophomore(Redshirting), 1 Freshman (Redshirting). Looking for some OLB's, as I'll be down to 2 after next season.

CB: 7; 3 RS Seniors, 1 RS Junior, 1 Junior (Redshirting), 1 Freshman (Redshirting), 1 RS Freshman. Like everyone else, hard time getting any quality players at CB. 1 Senior is a converted Safety, the RS Freshman is a lower quality player who was almost cut. After this season I'll have 3-4 CB's, and they won't match the overrated secondary's I've had in the first few years.

Safety: 6; 2 RS Seniors, 1 RS Junior, 1 Junior, 2 Freshman (Redshirting). Don't really need one as the 2 freshman will probably be starters in a year or 2, but I like to get 1 or 2 safeties a year, as they seem more plentiful than CB's. Always a chance to convert to CB's or even OLB's.

Kicker/Punter: yeah, we all need some luck in this department, unless you've managed to find one already.

Lonestar

CB3 said:
I have 4 combined. Its a shame they cant play DB

Alot of the Kicker/Punter problem lies in the "No one wants more than 1 on a team at a time, it's a wasted roster spot if you have more than 1." So you limit yourself to hoping that in the offseason after you lose a kicker/punter, that you'll find a good replacement. I tried it this season and it didn't work out. Probably should have cut ties with a DE I was recruiting in the offseason, I feel I would have gotten that Punter that went to USC if otherwise.

That, as there are maybe 1-3 quality kickers in a class.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Azwethinkweiz said:
So Mik can't use his WR sweep against me, right?
I ran it a handful of times against Luke. HB kept it a couple times and the WR got it a few. I think I got 8 or 9 yards per carry off it with the WR. I had much bigger problems that game though.

LJ11

Lonestar said:
Alot of the Kicker/Punter problem lies in the "No one wants more than 1 on a team at a time, it's a wasted roster spot if you have more than 1." So you limit yourself to hoping that in the offseason after you lose a kicker/punter, that you'll find a good replacement. I tried it this season and it didn't work out. Probably should have cut ties with a DE I was recruiting in the offseason, I feel I would have gotten that Punter that went to USC if otherwise.

That, as there are maybe 1-3 quality kickers in a class.

My focus on kicker/punter cost me a 5 star RB, but I nabbed two punters, converted the A+ power guy into a kicker.

I lost Florida as a pipeline state, but managed to gain Alabama, only to lose them for Texas. Kentucky being a pipeline is pretty worthless, pretty sure they weren't on their to start the year, no idea how they got on.

Lonestar

LJ11 said:
My focus on kicker/punter cost me a 5 star RB, but I nabbed two punters, converted the A+ power guy into a kicker.

I lost Florida as a pipeline state, but managed to gain Alabama, only to lose them for Texas. Kentucky being a pipeline is pretty worthless, pretty sure they weren't on their to start the year, no idea how they got on.

Forgot to check out my pipeline states. I want to say I might have picked up Texas. 5 players from a state, right? I have at least 1 player from 24 combined states. :lol

14 from Alabama, 13 from Florida, 8 from Georgia, 6 from Texas, and 5 from Tennessee. I think I lost Mississippi. It would be nice to pick up Louisiana. But just having Georgia, Florida, and Texas is huge, 3 of the most talent rich states.

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
I think my pipelines are OK:
Ohio
Texas
Florida
California
and Michigan

Heh, you should see USC's and Texas Roster :lol 47 players from Texas on Texas's roster :lol

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Heh, you should see USC's and Texas Roster :lol 47 players from Texas on Texas's roster :lol

My roster looks pretty spread out, a couple of my favorite guys I've recruited came from DCX's backyard

Lonestar

Obligatory

ohio.jpg

LukeSmith

CB's roster is insane, he has 3 of the top 7 players in the country (lone has the other 4) and he and Lone both have 5 of the top 13 players in the country.

Lonestar

Ok, there are 5 players rated 99 Overall

QB Robert Cox USC RS Freshman 99 Awareness, 90 THP, 99 THA

WR Kyle Prater USC RS Senior 94 Speed, 90 AGI, 99 ACC, 99 ELU, 99 Spin & Juke, 96 Catch, 99 Spect Catch, 97 CIT, 89 Release, 99 BCV

C David Carter Alabama RS Junior 82 STR, 87 ACC, 88 AWR, 92 Run Block (88 RB Strength/88 RB Footwork), 96 Pass Block (93 PB Strength/94 PB Footwork), 90 Impact B

RG Anthony Butler Alabama RS Senior 91 STR, 96 ACC, 80 AWR, 91 Run Block (94 RB Strength/97 RB Footwork), 94 Pass Block (89 PB Strength/94 PB Footwork), 81 Impact B

HB Scott McKenzie Alabama RS Junior 89 SPD, 91 AGI, 94 ACC, 86 AWR, 99 BTK, 88 Truck, 93 ELU, 92 Spin, 90 Juke, 96 Carry, 93 BCV, 73 Catching, 77 Spect Catch, 76 CIT, 78 Route, 84 Release

I do easily have the best starting Offensive Line, though. Only LJ's RT, Billy Neal, is better OVR than my player at the position. By 1 point (93 to 92)

So, which of these players is or isn't deserving of the dreaded 99 Overall?
Cox probably deserves it with the 99 THA. Questionable of how a Freshman has that...

Prater has the ratings that could easily be 99.

The Offensive Lineman, maybe they're good enough. I guess the ACC on each lifts them up.

McKenzie the HB though....maybe it's the BTK, trucking and elusiveness that does it. Or the low end WR catching ability. He's got good ACC and average speed. There are HB's that are way faster than he is. But I cannot see how he'd be a 99 HB. Not like Michigan's Senior HB from last season.

LukeSmith

Cursory glance two of the fastest backs look to be:
Lache Seastrunk (Oregon)
Ray Grier (Michigan) 4* JUCO recruit from last class

LJ11

Azwethinkweiz said:
He wasn't that great. I ended up redshirting him anyway.

I could still probably use him, had to settle for a JUCO transfer, did nab another high rated back we'll see how he turns out. What screwed me was forgetting that he was in a pipeline state, so I left him alone after you took a pretty big lead, only to jump back in after he had a great visit. If I stayed on him it may have turned out differently. Can't complain though.

Lonestar

Think this is a downloadable excel file

On a top 5 percentage in SPD ranking (ELITE SPEED - 95+), I think FMT and Stanford have the most players represented. 7 players out of 30 players. Sure, a few of those players have poor ACC ratings.

LukeSmith said:
Highest rated True Freshmen looks like it's Alabama's QB Dustin Schroder

Could say that John Blount or Brian Williams was the top rated True Freshman, but they're on my team too. And I ended up #2 or #3 overall. Did get a JUCO DE that turned into an 89 DT.

The League has Football players from 48 states. Any guesses on which 2 states just aren't good enough for us?

Hint:
Ryhmes with Wrongtana and mehvada

Lonestar

Crap, always do forget Utah.

I am an Alabama fan, so it shouldn't be unexpected. I'll put them in, but it might be tomorrow.

Yes, LJ, I can play then.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Lonestar said:
Crap, always do forget Utah.

I am an Alabama fan, so it shouldn't be unexpected. I'll put them in, but it might be tomorrow.
Just giving you shit. There's no need--my highest guy is 89 overall, lowest guy is negative fart.5

LJ11

Lonestar said:
LJ, um...did the screen go black right after the end of the game???? Mine did....

Nah, I went back to the lobby, uploaded and then shut it off.

Good game dude. Talked shit, look foolish now, but honestly that's as stacked a team as I'm ever going to get, so if I can't win with this group I never will.

I was playing way too fast after the 2nd int, it was the end of the world even though it was the second quarter. Pass, pass pass, pass...fuck. Honest to god, didn't even realize I went for it on 4th with 19 seconds, that's how mind fucked I was.

On the first int I saw the defender but said no way he gets there, wrong. On the second my WR didn't shield, and your FS just jumped in front.

Your int bailed me out in the second half, started running it and put up scores. One score game and boom I cause a fumble, I thought I was winning it at that point even with my fuck ups.

Yet on your next series same fucking seam route that killed me all day and my fucking shitty manual defending costs me big time. Honestly, my shitty manual defending cost me big plays all day, that and the sophmore Kimbrough who couldn't cover shit. Dude was torched repeatedly.

LJ11 said:

Good game dude. Talked shit, look foolish now, but honestly that's as stacked a team as I'm ever going to get, so if I can't win with this group I never will.

I was playing way too fast after the 2nd int, it was the end of the world even though it was the second quarter. Pass, pass pass, pass...fuck. Honest to god, didn't even realize I went for it on 4th with 19 seconds, that's how mind fucked I was.

On the first int I saw the defender but said no way he gets there, wrong. On the second my WR didn't shield, and your FS just jumped in front.

Your int bailed me out in the second half, started running it and put up scores. One score game and boom I cause a fumble, I thought I was winning it at that point even with my fuck ups.

Yet on your next series same fucking seam route that killed me all day and my fucking shitty manual defending costs me big time. Honestly, my shitty manual defending cost me big plays all day, that and the sophmore Kimbrough who couldn't cover shit. Dude was torched repeatedly.

So I get to play a pissed off LJ in 2 games...looking forward to this...

Lonestar

LJ11 said:

Believe me, I was puckered up Tense. Lucked out on some big plays, and sometimes your manual control hurt you, but sometimes it helped you (especially on stretch plays.

I'm debating taking out Fowler at MLB. Highest Rated one, but he's in the 70's in Speed and ACC. He's just a strong tank with 99 Zone Coverage. Think we both run similar forms of offense, as we both love the 2 WR 2 TE sets with the WR's on the 1 side.

Might change up my DE's some, as they didn't get alot of penetration on your lines.

Some of my DB's are now doing things that my previous high 90's guys didn't do. Jump routes. Those 2 INT's you mentioned, I was stunned they made the move. Also, I was happy that I user Controlled Fowler to under cut that route, as it's the route I like the throw, and get the User Pick :D

My TE's aren't as good as the last 2 years. Man, I miss Isaiah Johnson. Newell is still pretty decent, and Hodges is young, But neither would get as much push on blocking, nor seperation in routes, as Johnson.

Liking what I got out of my newer Wideouts. Perry was used more, Bass was estatic (seriously, check out his ratings, great on the WR stuff, but then check out his blocking. It's why I have him on the inside WR position on the Twin Flex formation. He's can be a Tight End!

But as good as a 28-14 lead felt, I was sooo close to being estactic when I got you to like 4th and goal at the 4 yard line. Just couldn't defend a quick hitch thrown correctly. Then to fumble the following kickoff, giving you the ball on my 10 yard line... 28-14 turns 28-28. Flashbacks off all the leads I've blown away against you came flooding back.

After I believe 1 good play on the following drive, turned on conservative time. Either I was going to make my way down the field, bleeding to Zero and kick a FG, or I was going to make it tough on you if you didn't use all your Timeouts. That Seam pass, I audibled to it as it looked like your Defense was either blitzing, or doing perhaps some under zone. Which worked.

Oh, that 2nd half opening TD by you, No Fair :lol My guy got totally clipped!

That might be my first win against you in probably 10+ tries.

Man, that's a long and rambling post..

LJ11

ph33nix said:
So I get to play a pissed off LJ in 2 games...looking forward to this...

Haha, you never know with this game. CB beat me twice before I got him last season, you just took out his beast squad so it's going to be tough.

Yeah, I don't run as much two TEs as I used to, more two back one TE sets. Part of my problem was using CPU tactics, at least my blitzes. They destroy the CPU but you killed it. At times it wasn't set up right so it didn't get the pressure I wanted, but it was hard to set up because you snapped the ball before I could see the match ups.

I missed a few throws too, some of them were just inches away. WR just didn't reach out like I wanted them too, probably due to awareness more than anything, because on that last drive 2 of my throws (including the 4 and 4) went to a different WR. Can't complain though because twice I was bailed out by my "smartest" WR (caught an overthrow and a duck I threw after being hit), though he didn't reach out for a long cross I set up.

Definitely took a risk on your user INT, wanted to test you and see if you could get it. That ball felt like it was in the air for days, thought the game was over, but I'm pretty sure I was able to get good heat off the blitz and managed an INT to save my ass.

Just need to find a way to open up the pass while keeping the run threat in tact.

well, i get to get my ass kicked by a pissed off LJ and then i have to play the all star squad. at least i'll have DM and CB to beat up on and still win the pac 10!

Lonestar

Story stilll hasn't shown up on the website, though it does show the score. I have no clue what all my players did individually.

Yeah, there were 2 or 3 throws that were just barely off, either misthrows or WR not reaching out.

My INT in the End zone, was more a result of not having Johnson. He'd have been TE #1, and that route I threw would be to Newell, who's faster than Hodges. Hodges didn't get enough seperation, and boom, your CB easily undercut it.

LJ11

I'm seeing

Close Battle
Notre Dame comes up short in a heart-pounding game vs. Alabama.

On the Dynasty Hub, have access to game details as well. Passed for 372 yards, fuck me.

Top Bottom