• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

i'm back! congrats on your championship LJ! hard to believe that was your first ever in any gaf online football league considering you have probably been the best madden player consistently every year

DMczaf

Awesome, another FMT screw job and he's not even the commish.

How about we just stop listening to that moron altogether?

i had to make some tough position changes cause i was so weak at some positions. i'm set for "years" at defensive line though! not sure how i get such good recruits on the d-line consistently. most other positions are very hit and miss, but for some reason dline always turns out 75+ for me

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i had to make some tough position changes cause i was so weak at some positions. i'm set for "years" at defensive line though! not sure how i get such good recruits on the d-line consistently. most other positions are very hit and miss, but for some reason dline always turns out 75+ for me

I'm finally have a weak spot in a position, possibly! CB's.

Only make up with a totally absurd and broken receiving core. If Bass hadn't left for the NFL, I'd have 3 99's and a 97.

That #2 overall HB is a strange strange case. A 191 lb "Power" back with 80 speed, no strength or trucking. Has average AGI and ACC, and good break tackle, spin move and juke. 79 OVR.

i was looking at my FS's stats..... 91 speed, 99 play recognition, 99 man covg, 95 zone covg, 99 press.... hello new starting cb! not too much of a drop off with the FS taking his place either!

i did have to make some tough cuts! not sure why i care since some of these receivers/backs will never see the light of day but you never know!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
KanZolo said:
we don't want you losers in our league anyways
The-Rock-Might-Not-Appear-in-the-Gears-of-War-Movie-2.jpg

"Who in the blue hell are you"

Azwethinkweiz said:
I'd be curious to see how a 25-man combo-league with the "3 star or less prestige team" rule in place turns out.
I think it would be awesome if it started out well balanced between prestige and team ratings.

LukeSmith

I think even if the leagues expanded to 25 we'd still end up with close to 2 leagues, if not two separate leagues. I am sure a bunch of the Madden holdouts from last year would come over and play NCAA 12, especially with the mileage we've got out of it this year.

Az, I don't get the blaming your team thing, LJ and I have both noted that the team you started with was pretty strong - and really only Lonestar had a superteam in year 1 (and has every year since [CB did last year, but he graduated everyone]).

Also: My cut period is done.

LukeSmith said:
I think even if the leagues expanded to 25 we'd still end up with close to 2 leagues, if not two separate leagues. I am sure a bunch of the Madden holdouts from last year would come over and play NCAA 12, especially with the mileage we've got out of it this year.

Az, I don't get the blaming your team thing, LJ and I have both noted that the team you started with was pretty strong - and really only Lonestar had a superteam in year 1 (and has every year since [CB did last year, but he graduated everyone]).

Also: My cut period is done.

I didn't blame my initial team. I had only one loss that first season. And I'm pretty sure I finished in the top 10 every season after that. But that first season I was only able to recruit 3 star prospects and a couple 4 star guys. The problem with the new NCAA recruiting system is that prestige plays a huge role in who you can recruit. In the old system, you could recruit well regardless of your team prestige. I know this because I remember stealing the #1 overall recruit from CB in NCAA 2009. You could pump as much time as you wanted into a recruit and so it wasn't as much on rails. With the new recruiting system, high prestige schools are at a huge advantage. While you guys with the 6* prestige schools were able to maintain and even increase your personnel immediately, the rest of us didn't have the same luxury. Anyway, I'm not complaining or making excuses or anything like that. But as someone who was in both leagues from the beginning, I thought the even footing and "building up your team" aspect of the other league made it more enjoyable.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Anyway, I'm not complaining or making excuses or anything like that. But as someone who was in both leagues from the beginning, I thought the even footing and "building up your team" aspect of the other league made it more enjoyable.

Even more so the further you go down in prestige the bigger the difference. 6* to 5* wasn't a huge difference to me as the 2* to 3* prestige increase was. I hope next year EA puts conference invites in the game so you can start with a 2* team, build them up, then eventually get an invite to a larger conference. I don't remember the last time I enjoyed a sports game this much. EA has me hooked and I can't wait to see what they improve upon next year.

LukeSmith

Azwethinkweiz said:
I didn't blame my initial team. I had only one loss that first season. And I'm pretty sure I finished in the top 10 every season after that. But that first season I was only able to recruit 3 star prospects and a couple 4 star guys. The problem with the new NCAA recruiting system is that prestige plays a huge role in who you can recruit. In the old system, you could recruit well regardless of your team prestige. I know this because I remember stealing the #1 overall recruit from CB in NCAA 2009. You could pump as much time as you wanted into a recruit and so it wasn't as much on rails. With the new recruiting system, high prestige schools are at a huge advantage. While you guys with the 6* prestige schools were able to maintain and even increase your personnel immediately, the rest of us didn't have the same luxury. Anyway, I'm not complaining or making excuses or anything like that. But as someone who was in both leagues from the beginning, I thought the even footing and "building up your team" aspect of the other league made it more enjoyable.

Ah I didn't realize the actual recruitment mechanic had changed that significantly. That seems like a bad change overall.

Lonestar

You used to be able to spend about as much time as you wanted on a single player, as long as the player didn't become annoyed and hang up. You could also pick what topic to talk about, instead of random like it is now.

So:

Talk to 1 player for 4, 5, 10 hours, on and on about something your team is good in (and he likes) to keep him interested.

Versus:

1 Hour only a week, a random topic to talk about once.

But I think they did add in negative recruiting on this years.

No, they had negative recruiting last year. But it was different. This year is "compare school ratings." Last year it was "These guys are a C+ at so and so, you shouldn't go there"

Lonestar

I might be remembering more on the year before last years game. Barely played last years game (because everyone just went Madden last year)

az i started out with a 3 star prestiege too and worked my team up to a 5 star prestige. you get killed if you make promises you don't keep.

i'm usually in the top 5 recruiting class in the nation with fucking stanford!

p.s. kazolo if our league played your league i guarantee we would come out on top overall. infact i would take DCX vs. whoever your national title winner was

Lonestar

Though, I would like to see how the other league would play with the nerfing that we play with. My limited time in the other league, the game moved faster and was a little more "arcadey", at least in the run game. I know Fast Players were noticeably faster than regular speed players. Whereas our league, I'd almost would say Equal speed limitations were on. Only the Highest of the high will pull away from slower defenders.

Top Bottom