• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Though, I would like to see how the other league would play with the nerfing that we play with. My limited time in the other league, the game moved faster and was a little more "arcadey", at least in the run game. I know Fast Players were noticeably faster than regular speed players. Whereas our league, I'd almost would say Equal speed limitations were on. Only the Highest of the high will pull away from slower defenders.

FMT has been stealth buffing the CPU all along, too!

Lonestar said:
Though, I would like to see how the other league would play with the nerfing that we play with. My limited time in the other league, the game moved faster and was a little more "arcadey", at least in the run game. I know Fast Players were noticeably faster than regular speed players. Whereas our league, I'd almost would say Equal speed limitations were on. Only the Highest of the high will pull away from slower defenders.

like i said before, unless EA's own instructions are wrong, i have the speed setting at 20. default is 50. they say the lower the setting, the more you notice a speed difference. i guess i could go lower but if its "low" now, i dont know how much good it will do.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. kazolo if our league played your league i guarantee we would come out on top overall. infact i would take DCX vs. whoever your national title winner was

Haha, stop trolling. You do know DCX is in the other league, right? Or at least he was.

DCX

DCX
Azwethinkweiz said:
Haha, stop trolling. You do know DCX is in the other league, right? Or at least he was.
was..with 2 star Syracuse lol Not really a showcase of my talents haha

DCX

LukeSmith

Career Record: 53-11
Longest Win Streak: 21 games
Record vs. Top 25: 30-9
Record vs. Rivals 15-5
Bowl Record: 2-3*
Conference Titles: 3
National Titles: 0

*2-2 in games I've played (they've all been human)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Done.

Back to A+ OVR and A on Defense (from A- last season...but last season I had 3 high 80 CB's and now I have just 1)

There are ALOT of 5 star HB's, and ALOT of TE's with my name on them.

Career Record: 63-7
Longest Win Streak: 25 games
Record vs. Top 25: 42-7
Record vs. Rivals 22-1
Bowl Record: 4-1*
Conference Titles: 5
National Titles: 2

*1-1 in games I've played vs. Human

OVR - OFF - DEF - SPT
Alabama A+ A+ A B-
Notre Dame B+ A- B+ B-
Michigan A- A- B+ A+
USC A A+ B+ B-
Oregon A- A A- C
Stanford B B+ B C+
Texas A- A B+ A+
Ohio State B A C+ C

There's a screen in the recruiting area (I found it when looking at the current promises I've made, and hitting Y), brings up a little more infor, mainly each year's record. Well, the last 4 seasons

2010 - 12-2 (deductive reasoning!)
2011 - 11-3
2012 - 13-1
2013 - 14-0
2014 - 13-1

This is starting season 6.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. kazolo if our league played your league i guarantee we would come out on top overall. infact i would take DCX vs. whoever your national title winner was
Overall as in total wins versus total losses of each matchup? Perhaps, depends on what sliders/team limitations we agreed on. Last man standing winner take all? Not likely.

Lonestar said:
I didn't realize you guys changed the speed setting as well. I honestly believe the "arcadey-ness" in the run game you noticed was just you going from a top defensive team in one league to an average team in ours. Guys don't swim move off blocks and disrupt runs on a lower rated defense. A few of our guys are known to stick with the run if you don't show you can stop it. But if you look at all of our user vs user rushing yards, with an exception of a few breakout 300+ yard games, the stats are realistic.

mik said:
MWS is really fucking good.
Thanks I love you too Mik.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dcx told me he does dance central naked so thats kind of tougher
I like BigAT over DCX in NCAA and Dance Central ;)

Lonestar

Well, I was mainly going off of the hb I ran with, as well as the wr's. But it was a limited study. It just felt faster.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
OVR - OFF - DEF - SPT
Alabama A+ A+ A B-
Notre Dame B+ A- B+ B-
Michigan A- A- B+ A+
USC A A+ B+ B-
Oregon A- A A- C
Stanford B B+ B C+
Texas A- A B+ A+
Ohio State B A C+ C

Not sure that I have an A+ on Special teams, I have a 52 rated punter and a 48 rated kicker.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
schedule is done. give respect to the pac 10 teams, the only teams to play 5 human opponents! (due to having 3 people in conference)

You should've gone SEC!

Lonestar

I know that, but I'm looking at the picture I took of it (to type it in) and it's got an A+ there. Must be real, because there's no way the game has any flaws or bugs :jakncoke

IMG_20110118_223525.jpg

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
I know that, but I'm looking at the picture I took of it (to type it in) and it's got an A+ there. Must be real, because there's no way the game has any flaws or bugs :jakncoke

Maybe my returners are THAT good
lol, nope!

DCX

DCX
Azwethinkweiz said:
Damn, DCX, did you forget to recruit on the defensive side of the ball?
no, those assholes don't want no part of The Ohio State. They rather go to LB U, Mich, or anywhere else :/ I target them, and eventually lose them. I do get my pick of WR every year :(

DCX

Lonestar

DCX said:
I have 5-6 of them yet i'm C in special teams. Great Lakes bias.

DCX

I was looking at the OVR player ratings, and my freshman kicker (81) is in the top 20 of all the Kickers playing in this season. There's a serious lack of quality kickers.

Add on a lack of quality CB's. There's maybe 3 or 4 every season, the rest will be lucky to break 85 OVR by their senior season. Between the 8 teams, we have 14 CB's rated over 80. 8 are seniors.

DCX has a dearth of talent at LB and CB, but he does have fine offensive talent.

I've got a nice LB core, but looking at LJ's group...2 99's and a 95...

LJ11

Lonestar said:
I've got a nice LB core, but looking at LJ's group...2 99's and a 95...

And only one is a 5 star, everyone is a 4 star and couple weren't in the top 150 (but they're only 85 right now).

Everyone slept on the LBs that year, I snatched 6, and the one 99 (Logan Clint) wasn't approached until the 4th or 5th week. My team had a ton of holes, had to fix the OL, but DCX didn't even make a play for the guy. I looked at some of his ratings, nothing stood out, but everything was solid. Started talking to him and no one else challenged, couldn't believe he turned out that good to be honest. He's a beast.

Missed out on a great 3 star LB because the website crapped out on me twice, that guy was great.

Lonestar

Sometimes that's how it goes. I snapped up alot of 4 and 5 star WR's over a 2 season period, and now I've got enough high level WR's that I should run a 6 WR set all the time.

Rounded up a large quantity of DE's last season that'll keep me going for awhile, and I picked up 3 big time MLB's last season.

The top freshman coming in this season are:

Jermaine Craft MLB 82 OVR Alabama
Joey Watson C 82 OVR Michigan
Tim Pollard WR 82 OVR Notre Dame
James Culver FS 82 OVR Notre Dame
Darrell Means QB 82 OVR Texas

picking from memories, the players I missed out on that I wanted (and some started the season #1 with me...)
James Culver FS 82 ND
Alex Williams TE 81 USC
Mark Gilliam TE 81 Michigan
James Clancy WR 80 USC
Kevin Harper TE 80 Texas
Marques Fisher CB Texas (you moved him to FS?)
Jack Cox DT 79 Texas

LukeSmith

Lonestar has more 99 rated receivers than I've had 99 rated players in the entire Dynasty.

My only hope ever in recruiting against Alabama is to find a nerd, since Bama is not an A+ in that category.

Lonestar

Winston is a converted TE :p

Him, the Center, and the HB were 99 last season and stuck around for another season, maybe it'll be one where they aren't screwed over and left out of the title game.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Winston is a converted TE :p

Him, the Center, and the HB were 99 last season and stuck around for another season, maybe it'll be one where they aren't screwed over and left out of the title game.

You weren't screwed over! You lost too late and the voters SPOKE

And you probably got a CPU game to win in a Bowl game anyway, regardless of who you faced, you'd have lost in the title game

Lonestar

finishing with the same record as LJ, and I beat LJ should not = LJ gets in and I don't.

I was #1 after the Oregon game in week 14, but a bye week in week 15 while you played Texas, and I got bumped down 2 spots for being Idle.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
finishing with the same record as LJ, and I beat LJ should not = LJ gets in and I don't.

I was #1 after the Oregon game in week 14, but a bye week in week 15 while you played Texas, and I got bumped down 2 spots for being Idle.

Sounds like the voters wanted a Michigan/Notre Dame rematch!

ph33nix said:
most lame season is when boise jumped me for #2

Mine was whatever season I finished with 1 loss after losing late and dominating LJ or FMT in a Bowl game. I think Lonestar probably beat the CPU for a title that year.

LukeSmith said:

Mine was whatever season I finished with 1 loss after losing late and dominating LJ or FMT in a Bowl game. I think Lonestar probably beat the CPU for a title that year.

bro we've only met in 1 bowl game, and i think you know who won that game!

p.s. regular season is here! do your shit. i tried to make it as fair as possible (looks like luke is a man too with 5 opponents!), but if you feel you got slighted it wasn't intentional

lonestar when can you beat me again

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:

Was the same season then. Season 3, I beat CB3 for the Title, and Season 4 I expected to play Texas, but the game surprised us all with that Boise crap.

Logging on FMT, gonna recruit then if we're week 1...

Boo, system update

Lonestar

and FMT just ups and bolts.

Like I know what PST is :darkshire

that grades I posted earlier were wrong, as the preseason rankings have slightly different grades.

OVR - OFF - DEF - SPT
Alabama A+ A+ A B-
Notre Dame A A A B+
Michigan A A+ A- D-
USC A A+ B+ A-
Oregon A- A- A- C+
Stanford B B B+ B-
Texas A- A B+ A+
Ohio State B+ A+ B- D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Luke is gonna hate me.

My haul for week 1:

Patrick Lewis (#1 DE 5*)
Freddie (Mercury) Murray (#13 G 4* JuCo)
Jack Pollard (#2 OLB 4*)

LJ when can you go

LJ11

CB3 said:
Luke is gonna hate me.

My haul for week 1:

Patrick Lewis (#1 DE 5*)
Freddie (Mercury) Murray (#13 G 4* JuCo)
Jack Pollard (#2 OLB 4*)

LJ when can you go

I can go around 10:30.

CB3

Apparently my good fortune with recruiting today was offset by the douchebags actually playing on my team

CB3

LJ dominated the LOS which killed me. the few times i was in position to make plays my guy would sit there till after the ball sailed over his head due to like a 1 second lag delay. And all my guys worth a shit on my team ended up injured

LJ11

Good game CB, I had a nice rhythm on O.

You knocked out my starting RB for 4 weeks, have to take off a redshirt now.

Definitely felt the delay as well, the Cally lag. I was late on a couple of throws I thought I'd jump in front of to make the int. Your WRs broke press more than a few times and you were just a hair off with the accuracy or the throw was delayed.

Top Bottom