• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton said:
I think I know the status of the first game (tonight, right?), but what about the second? I just finished talking to the CPU and he said he should be free to play tonight.

That's the plan. Speaking of which, BigAT, I'll be free between 5:30 and 7:00 est or 10:30ish est (depends on how tired the wife is after work plus the Braves game) and after.

mik

mik is unbeatable
The CPU totally has it in for me. After a series of absurd events that led to the computer tying the game and sending it into overtime, I intercepted him in OT, then set about maneuvering to the middle of the field to kick the game winner. Of course--my RB fumbled. Brilliant. So I then knocked him out of FG range with a couple sacks, at which point he hits a 30-yard TD pass in the back of the endzone to a receiver with one foot in and one foot out of the field. FML.

BigAT

storybook77 said:
That's the plan. Speaking of which, BigAT, I'll be free between 5:30 and 7:00 est or 10:30ish est (depends on how tired the wife is after work plus the Braves game) and after.
5:30 would work best for me, I think I'm meeting up with a friend later on tonight.

KanZolo

mik said:
The CPU totally has it in for me. After a series of absurd events that led to the computer tying the game and sending it into overtime, I intercepted him in OT, then set about maneuvering to the middle of the field to kick the game winner. Of course--my RB fumbled. Brilliant. So I then knocked him out of FG range with a couple sacks, at which point he hits a 30-yard TD pass in the back of the endzone to a receiver with one foot in and one foot out of the field. FML.
2v2h02c.jpg

BigAT

GG Story, that was a pretty wacky one. I got pretty fortunate with a lot of turnovers coming my way. For a while there I thought your safety was going to be the difference.

GG between me and BigAT, some questionable shit on both sides but hey, that's the game. :lol

GCQ, watch the replay I upped with my story and you'll see the psychic abilities of man coverage first hand. No, it didn't necessarily lose me the game as he played well without this happening but it sure as hell didn't help. It's not your fault either but I'm hoping they "tune" it a bit so they're at least not making the route cuts before the receivers do. Even had his back turned to the receiver. Of course, I made a catch in double coverage on a streak so like I said weird crap on both sides.

BigAT

storybook77 said:
GG between me and BigAT, some questionable shit on both sides but hey, that's the game. :lol

GCQ, watch the replay I upped with my story and you'll see the psychic abilities of man coverage first hand. No, it didn't necessarily lose me the game as he played well without this happening but it sure as hell didn't help. It's not your fault either but I'm hoping they "tune" it a bit so they're at least not making the route cuts before the receivers do. Even had his back turned to the receiver. Of course, I made a catch in double coverage on a streak so like I said weird crap on both sides.
Clearly his awareness was high enough that he recognized the route before it was run.

His AWR is 50.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Eight Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Vanderbilt (CPU)
Arkansas (mik) vs. Ole Miss (CPU)
Houston (Matrix) vs. SMU (CPU)
Minnesota (BPH) vs. #22 Penn State (CPU)
#6 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Colorado (CPU)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs. New Mexico (CPU)
Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. Northwestern (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. ECU (CPU)
UCF (bobbydigital) vs. Rice (CPU)

IDLE: NC State (storybook77), Nevada (MWS Natural)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Eight Headlines

#1 Alabama Falls To Ole Miss, Commish Smiles
Paging Mr. Dangerfield! Undefeated Nevada Barely Moves Up In Polls
Auburn Sneaks Past Arkansas 48-45 In OT
Marshall Narrowly Escapes UCF In Defensive Thriller
Multiple Programs Land Additional Commitments

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Eric Legrand, DT, Rutgers
24-16 W Against NC State
3 tackles, 2 tackles for loss
1 sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

INT. TD - R. Marve (Purdue) Intercepted By M. Carter (Minnesota)

Ranked Teams

Texas Tech - #6 Coaches, #6 Media
Nevada - #23 Coaches, #23 Media

NeoGAF Game of the Week

Texas Tech vs. Colorado

WEEK EIGHT DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol wtf at SMU and their fucking amazing passing O. I could not for the life of me stop anything and it didn't matter what coverage I was in. Stupid ass cpu team ran the ball a total of 10 times all game for 5 yards and by the 4th quarter my whole team couldn't defend anything that was thrown or tackle anyone who caught dinky little dump off passes and sideline throws.

I have no clue how the hell I won that game giving up 500+ yards in the air. Hell my KR fumbled the ball with about two mins left in the game and almost gave the ball back to SMU who would have easily won had I not recovered it.

Worst game I had the pleasure of playing so far, felt like the game would never end.

BigAT

Ugh, I lost my starting quarterback for 7 weeks. He happens to be one of my highest rated players on offense and my backup isn't even close to as good. Thankfully I'm done with all of my human opponents already, so the CPU is going to be getting a heavy dose of the run.

Hey I had a question cause i thought someone here might know, and I looked around PP and OS but didn't find anything convincing, after what season of online dynasty do recruits become a joke? was it after 3 or 4?

the NCAA 11 blog said they'd be fixing that this week but I have not heard nary a peep yet.

ph33nix said:
Hey I had a question cause i thought someone here might know, and I looked around PP and OS but didn't find anything convincing, after what season of online dynasty do recruits become a joke? was it after 3 or 4?

the NCAA 11 blog said they'd be fixing that this week but I have not heard nary a peep yet.

What do you mean by they become a joke?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Azwethinkweiz said:
What do you mean by they become a joke?

They probably become a joke after 1 season.

It's that 90% of recruits have sup 60 AWR, and certain aspects of each position, have very few good qualities. So you'll see alot of WR's that are slow, or can't catch. There are no kickers that have a kicking ability over 70. Things like that. So after 3 or 4 seasons, once all the original players on your team are gone, you're left broken.

Also, the CPU teams don't recruit correctly. So a team (for example, USC) will go and recruit 8 QB's, and end up with only having the bare minimum of another position (say, 3 WR's. or 3 LB's).

ph33nix said:

Around year 5 seems to be the consensus on OS on when it's noticeable due to all of the current players being gone by then. The tuner file is supposed to be out soon so hopefully they get it fixed.

Nightz

So all my best players are seniors, and my underclassmen aren't even close to being good. I'm going to be a 1-star program the rest of this OF. :lol

Yeah the whole shitty recruits thing is what I'm worried about. And I hope they fix recruiting logic because fucking USC keeps stealing me and my friends' punters :lol

thanks for the info though and if anyone has any other hard info that'd be great. hopefully the tune comes soon. our 3rd season's about to be done but we weren't sure when the generated recruits started becoming really bad, if its after season 3 we just might wait it out. but hopefully not..

Nightz said:
So all my best players are seniors, and my underclassmen aren't even close to being good. I'm going to be a 1-star program the rest of this OF. :lol

Apparently, the tuner file could be available today. People are starting to get prompts telling them the current one is out of date but get an error when trying to download the new one. I assume it's because the tuner file hasn't been pushed through to all of their servers yet. Maybe by this afternoon, it'll be readily available.

I wouldn't worry about this year's recruits IF they fix the progression so that their ratings go up properly.

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Also, the CPU teams don't recruit correctly. So a team (for example, USC) will go and recruit 8 QB's, and end up with only having the bare minimum of another position (say, 3 WR's. or 3 LB's).

NFL 2K5 had a very similar problem to this with CPU teams not drafting correctly, which was ultimately the reason I stopped playing it. The 3rd or 4th year into it, it would mess with the depth charts too so you had wacky things like McNabb returning kicks.

Some people are starting to be able to download it. I assume it works like any other update over Live, meaning that it will take some time before everyone is able to download it as it pushes through to all of the servers.

EDIT: Here we go....

EASports said:
A blog with details will be coming soon, but here is answers to many of the questions already asked:

Q: Will I need to restart my Dynasties for these changes to work?
A: You do not need to start your Dynasty over, these changes will be applied to all Offline and Online Dynasties after you download the file. Dynasties that are past years 4 and 5 might take a season or two before everything is back on track.

Q: Should I put my existing Dynasties on hold? Or do I just continue playing?
A: Continue playing the game, like the previous question these changes will work on any current Dynasty.

Q: Are the Live Tuning Packs optional? Can I revert back to the older version if I don’t like the changes?
A: For Offline game modes if you do not download the file the changes will not be made (or you can delete the file from the File Management screen), however for all Online game modes you will need the changes. Do note that any changes we make are to improve the game.

Q: Will this update fix the high number of injuries or fumbles?
A: Both are very subjective thing, the data we’ve been tracking does not indicate there is a high amount of either. But we will continue to monitor them. Keep in mind if you’re trying to break out of a lot of tackles your chance to fumble goes up and you can use the Game-Planning options in Play Call to cut down on fumbles.

Q: Will the LTP change my Rosters?
A: There is no impact on Rosters.

Q: How do LTP’s impact my sliders settings?
A: None of the changes in Live Tuner Package 1 will change anything with Sliders. You will not have to reset them.

Q: Do LTP’s have different effects on each difficulty level or does everything change?
A: For the game play changes, yes. But they have been tuned to be in-line with the difficulty of each level.

Q: How will Online Games be impacted – do I need these for Head to Head?
A: They will automatically be downloaded for every Head to Head game. You do not need to save them.

Q: Does this fix Dynasty Not Available?
A: We’ve been working on these as quickly as possible (and have fixed a number already). Please keep checking our NCAA 11 Forums for more information.

And more.... http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=Live Tuning

Russ said:
THE FIRST LIVE TUNING PACKAGE FOR NCAA FOOTBALL 11 WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING UPDATES:

• Increased the default starting values for all Recruits.
• Slightly increased progression for low and mid tier teams.
• Tuned CPU recruiting to prevent teams from signing too many players at any one particular position.
• Increased CPU's focus upon needed positions in recruiting.
• Top schools will sign 5 star prospects earlier in the season.
• After a recruit Soft Commits, any CPU team that is not ranked in the top three will spend significantly less time calling the recruit.
• Addressed an issue with big lineman jumping too high and deflecting passes.
• Tuned ESPN U Top 150 Players to be more in line with actual top 150 recruits by decreasing the number of Fullbacks and Kickers.
• Tuned Field Goal, Kick Offs, and Punting in Super Sim.

Some additional LTP changes will not be put into place until after Title Update 2 (currently estimate is in Mid-August). More details to follow, but we expect to address items such as Kicker and Awareness Progression.

Does that mean the tuners are in effect now or is this just something they say will happen? Awesome :D

And denog---I am basically using this league's/OS sliders, tweaked a bit (I think?) to me and my friends' likings. Although anytime I'm able to go up 62-7 in the middle of the 2nd quarter in the national championship game (albeit vs. West virginia) something ain't right :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Is it human versus human and human versus CPU, or is it just human vs CPU? I was under the impressions that human affected not only how you played against other humans but how human controlled teams faired against the CPU. In other words, if you set runblocking to 30 for humans and 70 for CPU, then the CPU has a 40 point advantage (in slider strength; whatever that is) over you when you play them. However, when human versus human occurs, both are playing at 30.

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
For Human vs. Human yes. GCQ is using sliders for the CPU though.

We've been using default All-American for both since we started. Reason being was the sliders from OS that I posted weren't getting the best of reactions from people here trying them out, so instead of arbitrarily going back to tweak something everytime someone had a problem in-game each week, I just went back to the default sliders before we started this season. Obviously those haven't been perfect, but I doubt there's any slider setting out there that is. At some point, you just gotta say "fuck it" and play the game.

I'm always listening to you guys' reactions on the sliders, and at the end of each season we'll revisit the set we're using and jointly make adjustments as long as everybody's cool with it. Consider it our "winter meetings" time. I'm NOT, however, going to be constantly changing them every week on the fly because somebody takes issue with something because they lost a game.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
GCQuinton said:
We've been using default All-American for both since we started. Reason being was the sliders from OS that I posted weren't getting the best of reactions from people here trying them out, so instead of arbitrarily going back to tweak something everytime someone had a problem in-game each week, I just went back to the default sliders before we started this season. Obviously those haven't been perfect, but I doubt there's any slider setting out there that is. At some point, you just gotta say "fuck it" and play the game.

I'm always listening to you guys' reactions on the sliders, and at the end of each season we'll revisit the set we're using and jointly make adjustments as long as everybody's cool with it. Consider it our "winter meetings" time. I'm NOT, however, going to be constantly changing them every week on the fly because somebody takes issue with something because they lost a game.
I was winning games in our league and the sliders got changed and now the CPU thinks I killed its momma, dated its daughter, cheated with its wife, and kicked its dog. I wish our commish (yeah, I'm talking to you FMT!!!) would have left the sliders alone until at least after the first season was done.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
I was winning games in our league and the sliders got changed and now the CPU thinks I killed its momma, dated its daughter, cheated on its wife, and kicked its dog. I wish our commish (yeah, I'm talking to you FMT!!!) would have left the sliders alone until at least after the first season was done.

Like I PM'd you, FMT did something wrong, as the CPU Run Defense is batty.

DenogginizerOS said:
I was winning games in our league and the sliders got changed and now the CPU thinks I killed its momma, dated its daughter, cheated with its wife, and kicked its dog. I wish our commish (yeah, I'm talking to you FMT!!!) would have left the sliders alone until at least after the first season was done.

Paul Taliabue >>>> Roger Goodell

GCQuinton said:

I checked the sliders after my first game with Az and the Human ones were all default but the CPU ones weren't, if I recall correctly. You may have made them default before we started playing CPU games but I haven't checked them since.

I wasn't bitching, I was just saying that because I saw that the CPU sliders were moved after my first game. I'll deal with whatever and hope that they adjust things on the tuner side which maybe after the second title update.

storybook77 said:
I checked the sliders after my first game with Az and the Human ones were all default but the CPU ones weren't, if I recall correctly. You may have made them default before we started playing CPU games but I haven't checked them since.

I wasn't bitching, I was just saying that because I saw that the CPU sliders were moved after my first game. I'll deal with whatever and hope that they adjust things on the tuner side which maybe after the second title update.

Don't blame the sliders for your loss to me!

DenogginizerOS said:

:lol This reminds me of a quote from Mikki Moore

"Would you let someone go into your house, smack your wife around, make a sandwich and change the channel on your TV? We're disgusted with ourselves."

DenogginizerOS said:
Defaults are 50 across the board.

Thanks for the info. Damn so I guess you can either play vs a souped up All-American CPU or a gimped Heisman version. The CPU in our league hasn't been too much of a problem for me but I haven't faced any top competition yet. The guys going up vs the top 10 teams seem to have competitive games vs. them.

Striker

Wow, only a 10-7 win, but it seemed like everything was going against me.

It was slightly raining, but still!

- five drops total
- two penalties called on me in crucial times; one was a 50+ yarder, and it got called while I was already 25-30 yards downfield, after the catch [clipping was called]
- one moment at their own 6-yard line, 3rd and 14, and a WR catches a ball despite four Herd players right on his distinct coverage :|

I desperately hope my WR's progress after this season. They hardly get separation for me unless my line protection is steady, which is extremely rare. My TE was the standout player and was able to get open consistently enough.

Top Bottom