• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Striker

AT and I are having some... issues on our game. I would send an invite, I'm waiting and choose my playbook, etc. and click Ready. It says "Waiting" the entire time while he says that on his screen, he is set to go. It's this way for both of us no matter who has sent the invite.

Might be on my end, or just EA.. ugh.

Striker said:
AT and I are having some... issues on our game. I would send an invite, I'm waiting and choose my playbook, etc. and click Ready. It says "Waiting" the entire time while he says that on his screen, he is set to go. It's this way for both of us no matter who has sent the invite.

Might be on my end, or just EA.. ugh.

Have you both tried power cycling your routers or connecting directly to your cable modems?

Striker

MWS Natural said:
Have you both tried power cycling your routers or connecting directly to your cable modems?
I tried d/c but my router was having some issues connecting, apparently. AT is using fios.

We played fine before on NCAA and also from Madden '10. I only had gotten a newer modem (several months ago) since, but I can't imagine that would be the issue. But maybe it is. We're going to try tomorrow, hopefully.

Striker

ph33nix said:
im glad to see you guys are having the same problems. i can't get shit going online :(
What's your issues doing? AT and I have a "Waiting" signal, but we know they join because we hear clicks every time it happens.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My week 4 game is done.

I never would have thought I would keep a team completely off the score board with the Coogs D, even against the cpu.

Miracles do happen.

Striker said:
What's your issues doing? AT and I have a "Waiting" signal, but we know they join because we hear clicks every time it happens.

I join a game and his "play style" is blank. I get everything ready, on my end it looks like he's not doing anything, and on his end, it looks like I never joined.

Nightz

Az, would you be able to play tonight? I know both of us would like nothing more than to spend the rest of our lives with StarCraft 2, but I'd rather get the game in sooner rather than later. :D

I'm going to play my NCAA Cpu game first chance that I get when I get home so the rest of any play time that I get tonight will be used on SC2. I'm sitting here at work formulating different strategies to try. Blizzard, what have you done to me????

Nightz said:
Az, would you be able to play tonight? I know both of us would like nothing more than to spend the rest of our lives with StarCraft 2, but I'd rather get the game in sooner rather than later. :D

Yeah, I have my other GAF league game tonight too. Just let me know what time is good for you.

Nightz

Alright, just post when you're available. I'll probably be playing SC2, but I'll check the thread once in a while.

Nightz

Az if you're still awake, the latest I'll be able to start a game tonight is 10 pm PST. I'm going out of town Friday morning so I'll be packing and stuff tomorrow after work. I can try to find some time to play tomorrow, but it'll be tight.

I'll play my game as soon as I get home from work tomorrow. Intended to do that today but my daughter was watching a movie on that TV so I settled for playing Starcraft 2 instead. It was upsetting but I managed.

GCQuinton

NC State (storybook77) vs. Georgia Tech (CPU)
#25 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Minnesota (BigPapaHusker)
#18 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. San Diego State (Nightz)
Rutgers (BigAT4) vs. Marshall (Striker)
Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. UCF (bobbydigital)

DEADLINE IS TONIGHT! GAMES NOT PLAYED OR AREN'T BEING PLAYED BY MIDNIGHT EST WILL BE SIMMED!

Nightz said:
Az if you're still awake, the latest I'll be able to start a game tonight is 10 pm PST. I'm going out of town Friday morning so I'll be packing and stuff tomorrow after work. I can try to find some time to play tomorrow, but it'll be tight.

Sorry man, I had a wicked headache last night so I went to sleep early. I should be home around 6:30pm EST if you wanna get the game in then.

Nightz

Azwethinkweiz said:
Sorry man, I had a wicked headache last night so I went to sleep early. I should be home around 6:30pm EST if you wanna get the game in then.
No worries. I'm on the west coast so I'm still at work at that time. Any chance you can go around 9-10 EST?

Nightz said:
No worries. I'm on the west coast so I'm still at work at that time. Any chance you can go around 9-10 EST?

I should be around. If not, I'll let you know. I'll stay up late tonight if I have to in order to get this knocked out.

Striker

BigAT said:
Has been played.
After EA finally let us. :lol

Note: we both were in the lobby, pressed Start, and the little "Waiting for other player..." line below us was stalling the game. So, as usual, I asked AT to invite, and we finally got one in. Not sure if it was on our end, or EA's shit is lackluster lately.

In other news, TITLE UPDATE 2 and TUNER SETS FORMALLY ANNOUNCED....

NEW FOR NCAA FOOTBALL 11 -- LIVE TUNING PACKAGES

A number of you have already noticed that we do a check for "Online Gameplay Tuning" when connecting to our online servers. Some of you may also have found a new "Tuning" category in the Files menu. This is a new technology for NCAA Football 11 that allows us to not only live update and tune core gameplay parameters -- like fumbles, throw accuracy, and juke success ratings -- but it also allows us to rebalance certain core features such as recruiting logic, blocking, even control the intensity of shadows cast by the football on a sunny day!

These new Live Tuning Packages (LTPs) contain literally 1000's of key parameters which drive the heart of our game; parameters that live well below the level of specific player or team ratings. With our new LTPs we can often turn changes around in a few days. It can't solve everything, and some issues will still require a traditional client update, but for many items it's definitely a more powerful and faster strategy for tuning throughout the season.

Our first LTP should be arriving next week along with detailed notes on what the update contains. I can tell you that based on the collective feedback we've received, we will be carefully down-tuning the athleticism of defensive lineman and reduce the number of impressive picks by the big guys. We're also looking to address a few important dynasty progression and recruiting issues.

NCAA FOOTBALL 11 ONLINE SERVER UPDATES

The NCAA Football Live Team, a group dedicated to server-side health and maintenance, has been very busy over the last two weeks since launch. We apologize for any issues you may have experienced in recent days. The team has been upgrading hardware, tuning databases, and fixing web issues as they arise. Most of these changes happen behind-the-scenes on a daily and nightly basis. Here a few of the most visible fixes so far:

-- Fixed online leaderboard exploit
-- Fixed potential crash at online team-select screen
-- Fixed post-game email formatting
-- Optimized various database queries
-- Various hardware upgrades and backend optimizations

Work will continue on server optimizations throughout the season to ensure a fast and enjoyable online experience for everyone. We're also working to do a better job of communicating upcoming fixes and outages so that everyone has a better handle on what's happening. And by the way, just to dispel a common myth, if you have lag issues when playing an online opponent, it's unlikely to be an EA Server issue. Our matchmaking system works by telling your consoles to directly connect to each other for the game and then report back the results. The network traffic doesn't go through our servers like an MMO. If you have problems or disconnects, it could be your ISP, local networking gear, or simply someone unhappy about the way the game is going and pulling the cord. It happens. ;-)

NCAA FOOTBALL 11 CLIENT UPDATE 2

More details on the client update to come, but here are three of the big ones we've solved:

-- RANDOM PLAY ACTION CRAZINESS - Sure it looks funny, but annoying as heck when it costs you a drive or a game. We're sorry we missed this one as well and apologize for the issue.

-- SEASON SHOWDOWN STATS REPORTING - The season showdown warning is harmless right now and this issue and related lobby problems ultimately get fixed with the update.

-- UNIFORMS THAT NEVER NEED WASHING - This is one of the more painful ones for us given all the work on visuals this year. The game actually does degrade uniforms; unfortunately we broke something in a final build that made the impact way too subtle. Consider this one solved with the update. And we want you to know that we've really been enjoying the great "Art of NCAA Football" threads. It's clear we have some incredible photographic talent in our community! So I expect things will go next-level when the update rolls out.
(Pic on the blog)

LOOKING AHEAD

My apologies to longtime fans like ODogg who can't find peace without dreadlocks. ;-) Or others who've been aggressively petitioning for broadcast cameras or bowl patches. We just weren't able to get them into NCAA Football 11 given all the other work we had to take care of this year. And unfortunately, these aren't things that we can simply "patch in". I can tell you they're on our wishlists as well and we hope to get to them in a future version. Look for a link to a new Satisfaction and Feature Request Survey in my next blog.

Thanks again for the great support!

Roy
NCAA Football 11
Executive Producer

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=ThankYou

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So glad I got NCAA this year.

GCQuinton

BTW, I hope you guys are PM'ing people too and not just hoping they'll randomly pop in the thread and see your post to play.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Five Games

NC State (storybook77) vs. #12 Virginia Tech (CPU)
#25 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. UNLV (CPU)
Minnesota (BigPapaHusker) vs. Northwestern (CPU)
#17 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Iowa State (CPU)
Rutgers (BigAT4) vs. Tulane (CPU)
Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #4 Wisconsin (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. Southern Miss (CPU)

IDLE: South Carolina (GCQuinton), Arkansas (mik), Houston (Matrix), San Diego State (Nightz), UCF (bobbydigital)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Five Headlines

Rapid Fire Time! Two Day All-CPU Deadlines Debut
Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay: 5 Teams Idle This Week
Aztecs Can't Catch A Break, Fall To Texas Tech
South Carolina, Michigan State, and Rutgers Land Commitments

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Vai Taua, HB, Nevada
34-21 W Against Minnesota
19 carries for 206 yards, 5 TD
2 receptions for 40 yards

Ranked Teams

Texas Tech - #17 Coaches, #14 Media
Nevada - #25 Coaches, #25 Media

NeoGAF Game of the Week

Texas Tech vs. Iowa State

WEEK FIVE DEADLINE IS SATURDAY!

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Six Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #1 Alabama (CPU)
Arkansas (mik) vs. Houston (Matrix)
NC State (storybook77) vs. Boston College (CPU)
Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. San Jose State (CPU)
Minnesota (BPH) vs. #4 Wisconsin (CPU)
#14 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Baylor (CPU)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs. BYU (CPU)
Rutgers (BigAT4) vs. Connecticut (CPU)
Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. Michigan (CPU)
UCF (bobbydigital) vs. UAB (CPU)

IDLE: Marshall (Striker)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Six Headlines

Nevada Drops From Coaches Poll Despite Undefeated Record
With KanZolo Still Gone, Commish Puts MSU On Autopilot
Multiple Schools Get Commitments From Prospects
South Carolina Has Work Cut Out For Them Against #1 Alabama

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Adam Weber, QB, Minnesota
41-6 W Against Northwestern
17-32 for 247 yards, 4 TD
8 carries for 32 yards