• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

KanZolo

Big Papa Husker said:
Uhh, I don't recall running out the clock until the 4th quarter.
Pretty sure I saw it being "conservative" in 1st half. Either way, I will beat you next year.
GCQuinton said:
I have no idea what you're talking about (yet, anyway), but I like this new shit talkin' KanZolo :lol
You wanna piece of me?!?!11?
BigAT said:
Same old, same old.

KanZolo said:
Pretty sure I saw it being "conservative" in 1st half. Either way, I will beat you next year.
You wanna piece of me?!?!11?

I didn't set it conservative until the 4th quarter with 3 minutes left in the game. Anyway, my players now circled the MSU game on the calendar for next year. :D

KanZolo

Big Papa Husker said:
I didn't set it conservative until the 4th quarter with 3 minutes left in the game. Anyway, my players now circled the MSU game on the calendar for next year. :D
Our players erased it on our calendar because it will be the equivalent to a no pad practice

Nightz said:
I can't wait to play TCU and Utah the next two weeks. :(

I wish I faced more ranked teams =/ You guys are lucky! On a side note, when are they going to give my man BigAT some love?? His only loss is to a top 20 ranked team!

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Eleven Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Florida (CPU)
Arksansas (mik) vs. UTEP (CPU)
Houston (Matrix) vs.Tulsa (CPU)
NC State (storybook77) vs. Wake Forest (CPU)
#14 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #15 Fresno State (CPU)
#18 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Illinois (CPU)
#2 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. #6 Oklahoma (CPU)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs. #8 TCU (CPU)
Rutgers (BigAT4) vs. Syracuse (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. Memphis (CPU)
UCF (bobbydigital) vs. Southern Miss (CPU)

IDLE:
34ervgy.jpg

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Eleven Headlines

Commish To League: I Don't Give A Sh*t About Madden. Play Your Games!
Coaches Don't Respect Rutgers, But Media, BCS Do As They Enter Top 25
Nevada's Taua Leads Heisman Race, Texas Tech's Torres Not Far Behind
2010 Award Semifinalists Announced. Any Of Your Players Make The List?

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Marcus McGraw, MLB, Houston
37-14 W Against Fresno State
5 tackles, 2 forced fumbles

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

INT-TD: J. Costello (Missouri) intercepted by W.Ford (Texas Tech)

Ranked Teams

Texas Tech - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Nevada - #14 Coaches, #14 Media, #14 BCS
Minnesota - #18 Coaches, #16 Media, #15 BCS
Rutgers - #24 Media, #24 BCS

NeoGAF Game of the Week

Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma

WEEK ELEVEN DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!

Nightz

TCU is freaking cheap. Easy interceptions on tipped passes, while my guys dropped like 3 picks that were thrown right at them and missed two fumbles that were right at their feet. I scored the game winning TD with 8 seconds left though! My second instant classic in a row. :lol

Striker

:lol

Ugh, not having an awfully good recruiting job; trying to maintain some leverage between caliber of positions, but they keep getting away. :(

Ugh my damn xbox live connection kept dropping in the middle of the damn game. I played an entire game only for it to drop out at the end and all my stats lost. Had to play that shit from the beginning again. I don't see what's so hard about EA saving a game state after each quarter so if a disc happens it can be resumed from a set point.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Pretty much what I'd expect from NC State fans.

Good thing I'm not one!

I'll try to get my game played tonight but it may be tomorrow night because I'm having to work overtime at my job. :\

Nightz

Patch #2 Details

Hello again NCAA Fans!

I'm Russ Kiniry and I'd like to welcome you to Client Update 2 for NCAA Football 11. You should be able to download the update now (it will automatically download when you start the game). Roy talked about this update coming a while back in his blog 'Thank You' and I brought it up again when we released Live Tuner Pack 1 last week. I am happy to finally say it is here, and we've got a long list of tweaks, tunes, and fixes. Many of these changes were requests straight from you, the fans of NCAA Football, so it was very important to us to get them in the update. Enough words, let's get to the list!

Graphics

* Uniform degradation has been fixed.
* Fixed a graphical issue with TeamBuilder sideline home uniforms.
* Fixed several camera bugs (pulled back on field goals, blurry cameras, and replays after a change of possession)
* Fixed helmet numbers for Rice and Wake Forest

* Resolved an issue with Season Showdown, allowing us to turn it back on, so you're upload failure message every time you go in/out of game is gone!
* Fixed a couple freezes related to lobbies
* Fixed voice communication in Online Dynasty Hub on PS3
* Fixed an issue that could lead to a disconnect in online play during play calling

Offense

* Fixed an issue on a couple plays where the QB would miss a hand off and run backward
* Reduced the chance that the ball will be knocked out when a receiver is hit at the time of the catch
* Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate
* Tuned how the CPU ball carriers utilize leans and special moves so that they won't be used in situations when they shouldn't (e.g. a HB in the open field will not put his shoulders down when running forward)
* Tuned pass accuracy and the ability to lead a receiver
* Tweaked sideline catch animations in the end zone so that they have a bit more room to play
* Fixed an exploit where backwards passes could be overly effective

Defense

* Fixed defensive reaction to pump fake to be more balanced. Skilled defensive backs will not be as easily fooled by pump fakes.
* Tuned the Aggressive Defensive Line Gameplan to have more risk of jumping offsides
* Removed a hesitation from defensive lineman pass rush on screen plays
* Improved flat zone and deep zone coverage
* Tuned man coverage reaction to the run
* Adjusted CPU pursuit angles in some specific cases where they weren't being aggressive enough

Special Teams

* Tuned onside kicks to be less predictable
* Fixed an issue where catching a kicked ball after hitting the goalpost would result in kicking team getting the ball back
* Fixed an issue where the punter could line up out of place
* Adjusted cross bar collision on field goals and extra points

Other

* Tuned CPU clock management where they would let the clock run out in some cases they shouldn't
* Fixed a bug with time of possession tracking
* Adjusted substitutions to be more intelligent (previously would see some weird players in the game with lots of aggressive no huddle)
* Fixed a couple places where the wrong custom stadium sounds would play
* Fixed a bug that caused Road To Glory to be simulated day by day near the end of the season
* Tuned Kick Power and Kick Accuracy of progression of kickers and punters in Dynasty Mode
* Fixed a couple infrequent game lock-ups

Again, I want to thank you for providing us with all the feedback you have thus far, and encourage you to continue to do so. It's safe to say this is the biggest update in NCAA History. We wanted to be sure that we continue to improve your experience while playing NCAA Football 11, so this update touches almost every area of the game. You can look forward to more Live Tuner Packs for NCAA Football 11 in the near future.

This update is for you Mr. Passionate-NCAA-Football-Gamer.

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football

Striker

Was playing and at Halftime, but it froze as I was checking game-stats.

It was one off those games where the CPU are getting into your face and the QB looks like Joe Montana. No score but still ridiculous. I'll try again later.

Nightz said:
Patch #2 Details

Awesome I can't wait! I would love to actually be able to run the play action screen pass in my playbook someday without getting a safety :lol

Striker said:
:lol

Ugh, not having an awfully good recruiting job; trying to maintain some leverage between caliber of positions, but they keep getting away. :(

How do you think I feel?? I'm DEAD LAST in the nation in recruiting! I finally figured it out late in the season so I look forward to recruiting next year when I know what I'm doing.

Striker

MWS Natural said:
How do you think I feel?? I'm DEAD LAST in the nation in recruiting! I finally figured it out late in the season so I look forward to recruiting next year when I know what I'm doing.
You'll be fine once your team is improved. You got a great nucleus put together. BTW my two recuits? An OT I actually surprised who signed, though he's a 3-star. The other was a HB who liked my team a lot, but he doesn't have any elite statistics.

Also not sure what's going on with my disc - twice it has frozen today. Third time it went smooth, minus the actual game for my team.

Finished my game against a supposed 1-8 Memphis team. How sad is it that I only beat them 7-3? It may seem like I harp on it, but the game does strange things. Rollout corner route to my WR, hit for 20+ yards, but called back due to holding. Another time is I stopped them on a key third down in the 4th, and I'm called for face mask on an AI tackle. There's been lots of holding calls for me, it seems like, but never for the CPU. It doesn't help my WR's dropped five passes, especially on third down, and now my sole Impact WR is out for 4 weeks. I took one guy off Redshirt because I'm so thin at WR now. -_-

Striker said:
You'll be fine once your team is improved. You got a great nucleus put together. BTW my two recuits? An OT I actually surprised who signed, though he's a 3-star. The other was a HB who liked my team a lot, but he doesn't have any elite statistics.

-

Yeah I've got a great nucleus for THIS season lol, if it was Madden I would be set. But I'm losing a lot of my top players next year without a good recruiting class coming in to replace them. My only hope is to make it through next year with a less talented team and score big with next years class or hope I get a job offer from a better school and jump ship. I've never played NCAA before so I'm not sure how quickly the coaching offers come.

Finished my game against a supposed 1-8 Memphis team. How sad is it that I only beat them 7-3? It may seem like I harp on it, but the game does strange things. Rollout corner route to my WR, hit for 20+ yards, but called back due to holding. Another time is I stopped them on a key third down in the 4th, and I'm called for face mask on an AI tackle. There's been lots of holding calls for me, it seems like, but never for the CPU. It doesn't help my WR's dropped five passes, especially on third down, and now my sole Impact WR is out for 4 weeks. I took one guy off Redshirt because I'm so thin at WR now.

I find that it's better to just keep it basic against the lesser teams and let your superior talent do that work. Basic man and cover 2/3 on defense and on offense just run the ball and throw easy to complete passes. When I try to do too much (4-5 WR sets, zone blitzes) I seem to do worse vs them. So I've learned to keep it basic and let my talent lead me to victory.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Twelve Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #2 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz)
Arksansas (mik) vs. #24 Mississippi State (CPU)
Houston (Matrix) vs. Southern Miss (CPU)
NC State (storybook77) vs. #7 North Carolina (CPU)
#11 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. New Mexico State (CPU)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs. #8 Utah (CPU)
#22 Rutgers (BigAT4) vs. #25 Cincinnati (CPU)
Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. Purdue (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. SMU (CPU)
UCF (bobbydigital) vs. Tulane (CPU)

IDLE: Minnesota (BPH)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Twelve Headlines

South Carolina-Texas Game Holds Big Implications For Both Teams
Houston and Michigan State Join Media, BCS Polls, Respectively
UCF Jumps Ahead Of NC State To Take Lead In Recruiting
New Week, New #8: San Diego State Prepares To Take On The Utes

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Walter Kazee, HB, San Diego State
24-21 W Against TCU
25 carries for 156 yards, 2 TD

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

TD: T. Potts (Texas Tech) to A. Torres for 41 yards

Ranked Teams

Texas Tech - #2 Coaches, #1 Media, #2 BCS
Nevada - #11 Coaches, #12 Media, #12 BCS
Minnesota - #15 Coaches, #15 Media, #14 BCS
Rutgers - #22 Coaches, #20 Media, #20 BCS
Houston - #24 Media
Michigan State - #25 BCS

NeoGAF Game of the Week

South Carolina vs. Texas Tech

WEEK TWELVE DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!

Striker

MWS Natural said:
Yeah I've got a great nucleus for THIS season lol, if it was Madden I would be set. But I'm losing a lot of my top players next year without a good recruiting class coming in to replace them. My only hope is to make it through next year with a less talented team and score big with next years class or hope I get a job offer from a better school and jump ship. I've never played NCAA before so I'm not sure how quickly the coaching offers come.
You did a number on me, though my team right now is pretty pitiful. :lol

Being ranked now and heading into the off-season does wonders for your prospects next time. As for the coaching offers, you may need three great seasons to be offered. Just sayin' because I used Western Michigan on NCAA '09 in an offline Dynasty and got dozens of offers after I'd play so well, but this took a while.

I find that it's better to just keep it basic against the lesser teams and let your superior talent do that work. Basic man and cover 2/3 on defense and on offense just run the ball and throw easy to complete passes. When I try to do too much (4-5 WR sets, zone blitzes) I seem to do worse vs them. So I've learned to keep it basic and let my talent lead me to victory.
I know, it sounds easy, but I just have been struggling. I took it to the CPU first time I played handily. I have never been a good offensively player, it's just not completing big plays or going for long runs. I mean now I gotta do something, because my starting HB, and both starting WR's are out. I got some talent at TE and I like the other Wilson guy, but ugh. Once I play Matrix or meet a good team in a bowl I'm going to be smashed.

Nightz

MWS Natural said:
Guess what? You're not last anymore!
I am. :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fuck the cpu :lol Lost for the first time against them. I have no clue wtf got into Southern Miss, but good lord that was the hardest game I have ever played. No huddle all game long, option passes, screens, and the ability to not get tackled. Honestly none stop no huddle all game is the worst shit ever.

Fucking lost cause my HB fumbled and they ran it back in for an easy 7. I miss my starter :( My back up sucks. First time I have been completely shut down running.18 yards total on the ground.... ugh

Missed an easy 40 yard fg as well, Houston kickers are always so gooooood.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Houston and Michigan State Join Media, BCS Polls, Respectively"

Fucking cpu was out to get us >_< We both happen to lose this week :lol

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
GC, odds are it being Friday I won't be around tomorrow night. Are you available to play tonight? I should be around all night.

Same here. I get home around 6:00 EST and I've got a fantasy draft at 9:45, but I'm free anytime in between. What's good for you?

Nightz

New Week, New #8: San Diego State Prepares To Take On The Utes
And another #8 seed goes down. I thought this would be tougher than the TCU game, but that wasn't the case at all. As for recruiting, every time the week advances I go into the dynasty hoping to see a message saying that I got a recruit to commit, and every week I come out emptyhanded. :lol I have a bunch of soft commits though.

KanZolo

Matrix said:
Fuck the cpu
Lost for the first time to them aslo. LAST TIME I MILK CLOCK. I had a drive that took about 4 mins of 4th quarter to put me up by 4. With 12 seconds left Purdue QB throws a 50 yard td.

KanZolo said:
Lost for the first time to them aslo. LAST TIME I MILK CLOCK. I had a drive that took about 4 mins of 4th quarter to put me up by 4. With 12 seconds left Purdue QB throws a 50 yard td.

Should've blitzed. They aren't throwing 50 yard bombs when they have 3 seconds to throw.

KanZolo

Azwethinkweiz said:
Should've blitzed. They aren't throwing 50 yard bombs when they have 3 seconds to throw.
I did. Their line consisted of superman, hulk, ironman etc And even if i did get to QB, with a pass rusher in their face he'd throw it like it was nothing

Striker said:
You did a number on me, though my team right now is pretty pitiful. :lol

Being ranked now and heading into the off-season does wonders for your prospects next time. As for the coaching offers, you may need three great seasons to be offered. Just sayin' because I used Western Michigan on NCAA '09 in an offline Dynasty and got dozens of offers after I'd play so well, but this took a while.

Thanks for the assist, I still have no clue about much of the dynasty workings.

Nightz said:
Guess what? You're not last anymore!
I am. :(

=(
You going to feel real bad after I steal Zach Sanders from you LOL

BTW nice job knocking those top seeds off for me...BCS game here we come :D

GCQuinton said:
http://i32.tinypic.com/2zjajo2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I need the Hiesman recap since I can't see that at work from the Online Dynasty browser!!

Nightz

MWS Natural said:
=(
You going to feel real bad after I steal Zach Sanders from you LOL

BTW nice job knocking those top seeds off for me...BCS game here we come :D
I always look for the Proximity to Home topic when calling him to knock you down a bit. :lol

Nightz said:
I always look for the Proximity to Home topic when calling him to knock you down a bit. :lol

Haha nice, well you are like the only team in the league that I have a majority of ratings better than so it makes it a tad easier for me recruiting against you.

Top Bottom