• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Striker, I posted earlier and I'm not sure if you saw it... figured you would since you said you were off today. I'm around to play still, till at least 2 pm est. I'll be back at about 4 pm and can then play anytime from then till 7 est.

I won't be free again till 11 pm est though.

Striker

We can try this afternoon. Between 4-7, I think you said, can be well. I need to go out to the store and get a few things, however.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Striker, want to shoot for either 4:30 or 5 pm est? let me know.

Striker

Matrix said:
Striker, want to shoot for either 4:30 or 5 pm est? let me know.
Don't matter to me, I'll be home by then I imagine. Going to head out now and get some items. I have to do laundry later but I'll do that after our game.

Matrix

Ok lets try for 4:30, I'll be online then.

Striker

GG Matrix. Your defense did a great job manning up to my WR's. None ever got open outside a couple plays in Shotgun. Once that happens, your DE just played ball with my RT, who I felt suspect all season.

Why did you run the ball after the onside kick?! Though it didn't cost you since your D stepped up.

Matrix

GG dude, I hate playing in snow and I felt like I dropped at least 3 sure ints.

Not sure wtf I ran, dumbest shit ever considering all I had to do was kneel the ball. Just stupid and almost cost me the game.

You had nice pass D as well, can't recall the last game I didn't pass for a td.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Bowl Season Games

Maaco Las Vegas Bowl: #20 San Diego State (Nightz) vs. Cal (CPU)
Sheraton Hawaii Bowl: Marshall (Striker) vs. Temple (CPU)
Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl: UCF (bobbydigital) vs. BYU (CPU)
Even the Commissioner Doesn't Give a Shit Bowl (aka Capital One Bowl): #22 Arkansas (mik) vs. #21 Wisconsin (CPU)
AutoZone Liberty Bowl: Houston (Matrix) vs. Ole Miss (CPU)
Outback Bowl: Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. Tennessee (CPU)
Citi Rose Bowl: #3 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #9 Minnesota (BPH)
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: #14 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #4 Boise State (CPU)
BCS National Championship: #2 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. #1 Washington (CPU)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Bowl Season Headlines

Nevada's Vai Taua Runs Away With The 2010 Heisman Trophy
Texas Tech Leads The Nation In All-Americans
Minnesota And Nevada Prepare For Highly Anticipated Rose Bowl Game
South Carolina And NC State Watching Bowl Season From Home

2010 Award Winners

Vai Taua, HB, Nevada - Heisman, Maxwell Walter Camp, and Walker Awards
Marcus McGraw, MLB, Houston - Bednarik Award
Alexander Torres, WR, Texas Tech - Biletnikoff Award
Wesley Scourten, TE, Houston - Mackey Award

BOWL SEASON DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!

mik

mik is unbeatable
Even the Commissioner Doesn't Give a Shit Bowl: #24 Arkansas (mik) vs. Wisconsin (CPU)

:lol

My internet connection has been dropping out constantly so I am going to try to play over a buddy's house. What times are you available in the evenings so I can try to set something up at those times?

My entire season sucked. My #1 RB was out since week one and then my #1 WR went down halfway through the year. Then I lost my chance at a bowl game on a backwards pass that was fumbled, picked up by the player who fumbled it, and scored the game winning td.

Matrix

Striker said:
Hawaii Bowl, lol.

haha sorry. Coogs lost to Hawaii a few years back in that stupid ass bowl game, I was hoping to not have to play in it.

Nice to see my two guys win awards :D

I'll most likely play the Liberty Bowl tomorrow or Thursday.

GCQuinton

What's everybody's availability this weekend looking like? I touched on it before, but I'd like to knock out all of our offseason activities in one day if possible.

BigAT

GCQuinton said:
What's everybody's availability this weekend looking like? I touched on it before, but I'd like to knock out all of our offseason activities in one day if possible.
I'm going to be out Saturday night, during the day could work for me though.

Maybe Sunday before the game starts? If anyone even gives a shit about a Vikings/49ers preseason game.

Nightz

I'm in and out of the house on weekends, but as long as this "one-day" offseason means a 24 hour period, I'll be able to find time.

If you're going to wait until the weekend anyway, might as well at least start it now and then finish off whatever's left over the weekend.

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
If you're going to wait until the weekend anyway, might as well at least start it now and then finish off whatever's left over the weekend.

Can't do that until the games are played (deadline's Friday), but if we finished before then obviously we'd get to it/start it sooner and try to wrap it all up this weekend.

MWS Natural said:
My internet connection has been dropping out constantly so I am going to try to play over a buddy's house. What times are you available in the evenings so I can try to set something up at those times?
I can play any weeknight after 8pm central. Let me know if that works.

Matrix

Won the Liberty Bow 21-3 :)

Was pissed off cause I lost my all-american award winning TE Wesley Scourten in the first quarter and he was out for the whole game. It seems whenever I get one great player back from injury another one goes out.

Thankfully my D stepped up again.

Big Papa Husker said:
I can play any weeknight after 8pm central. Let me know if that works.

Ok cool, I will try my best to find out tonight.

I was checking out some of the lists and awards. It sucks my defense finished so high in the nation but no one got any All-American love at all. It's hard having stats when teams go 3 and out so often =/

Striker

MWS Natural said:
I was checking out some of the lists and awards. It sucks my defense finished so high in the nation but no one got any All-American love at all. It's hard having stats when teams go 3 and out so often =/
I didn't have any finalists in my own conference, and it's the C-USA! My defense finished 3rd, I believe, in the nation and none of them stood out individually, I guess. Though my LOLB had a good bowl game vs. Temple, and he finishes the season with 6 sacks, an INT (TD), and 3 FF. He didn't even get 2nd team honors, but my ROLB Mario Harvey did, who had more tackles, two less sacks, no INT, and only one FF. Oh well.

Hope to get my LB more recognition next season. I recruited 3-star OLB Dennis Todd so he should start immediately since both my starting OLB now are Seniors. Both ILB return for their Senior year and should get a small boost. My prime hope is for one of my red-shirt 'backers grow in the off-season.

Striker said:
I didn't have any finalists in my own conference, and it's the C-USA! My defense finished 3rd, I believe, in the nation and none of them stood out individually, I guess. Though my LOLB had a good bowl game vs. Temple, and he finishes the season with 6 sacks, an INT (TD), and 3 FF. He didn't even get 2nd team honors, but my ROLB Mario Harvey did, who had more tackles, two less sacks, no INT, and only one FF. Oh well.

Hope to get my LB more recognition next season. I recruited 3-star OLB Dennis Todd so he should start immediately since both my starting OLB now are Seniors. Both ILB return for their Senior year and should get a small boost. My prime hope is for one of my red-shirt 'backers grow in the off-season.

Well basically my whole team made all conference first or second team (even my backup RB lol)but I felt my CB Isiah Frey who finished with a good amount of picks should have gotten a bit more national recognition since he was a top defense. I hope that making all conference gives a good off season boost since my entire secondary is young and coming back next year.

Congrats on the Bowl wins guys, sucks I will be the only one with a loss :(

bcs-championship-trophy.jpg

WOOOOO!!!

I'm bringing this sweet puppy back to....Lubbock? Fuck that shit. I'm taking it to Clemson. If Texas Tech wants it, they can come and get it.

DCX

DCX
Azwethinkweiz said:
bcs-championship-trophy.jpg

WOOOOO!!!

I'm bringing this sweet puppy back to....Lubbock? Fuck that shit. I'm taking it to Clemson. If Texas Tech wants it, they can come and get it.
pft...:D

DCX

GCQuinton said:

Still trying to setup a time with my buddy, right now it's looking like after 9PM EST I can get on.

Azwethinkweiz said:
WOOOOO!!!

Well I guess it depends on who gets the job offer first. The National Championship winning coach w/ relatively stacked team or NCAA Coach of the Year who led lowly Nevada to the #3 ranking in the country :D

GCQuinton said:

Right now I'm available all day Sunday and Monday

Striker

GCQuinton said:
Should be OK Saturday until the evening. Sunday I have off I believe.

Matrix

Striker said:
Should be OK Saturday until the evening. Sunday I have off I believe.

Ditto....

yes I used the word ditto.

I apologize in advance for the ungodly running stats that my 2nd string running back put up. He just kept breaking long runs, i didn't even notice until it popped up on the screen and at the point i put my 3rd string back in.

Big Papa Husker said:
I had to help with something around the house. I'm ready now. :lol
No worries. I was just stressing a bit because he is sitting here looking at me like "WTF you going to play or what??"

Big Papa Husker said:
My QB couldn't hit the backside of a barn... Horrible game... It really sucked that my starter was hurt. Good game...

Wow and I thought you were just holding him out as your secret weapon :lol Even though he made some errant throws he made just as many plays with his feet. IMO your offense is much more dangerous with him back there because I had to worry about the threat of option and QB scramble/rollout on each play.

The way the first half went I thought it would be a shootout like last time we played but both of our D's stepped up in the second half. I really felt like I was stopping your running game but your backs kept falling for 3+ yards every time they got tackled lol. Fun game overall though, I wish we all got a chance to play more human opponents in each season.

On a side note it was nice to see the announcers recognize Taua breaking the single season TD record help by Barry Sanders :D

GCQuinton

Alright folks, we're officially in the offseason! The deadline to take care of your players leaving is 8 EST tonight! You can't do this (or any of the offseason stuff to my knowledge) from the web, so take two minutes and turn on your consoles!

We'll immediately go to recruiting after that, where I'll advance every 8-12 hours with advance notice to let people know what's going on.

And after looking through everyone's free time, I'd like to shoot for Sunday around 3 to 4 EST to wrap up the recruiting if we're not done before then. That work for everyone?

Top Bottom