• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

MWS Natural said:
NeoGaf_Network.jpg
Rampant speculation surrounding Perennial NCAA Coach of the Year M.Natural leaving the Nevada Wolfpack at the end of this season. Having compiled an overall record of 50-1 in his coaching career he is the most sought after talent since Lebron James took his talents to South Beach a few years ago. With his ability of being able to succeed with less talent and complex defensive schemes any program in the country would welcome him with open arms.

We could not reach the coach for comment as he is in preparation for his Sugar Bowl matchup versus a highly motivated San Diego State team coming off a couple of major late season victories. Although all season Coach Natural has been on a media blackout due to a perceived "lack of respect" his program has received over the years. We have gotten word that a special "DECISION 2013" NSN program is possibly in the works after the season finishes. Stay tuned to NSN for all breaking sports news.​
DAMN! This is the perfect way to let kids know where I'm going... oh wait.. :lol Nice logo by the way.

Striker

GCQuinton said:
Just to double check...Is everyone free tomorrow night to knock out the off-season?
I am until 7 or 8 PM (at the latest). I have to be up at 3 AM the next morning. I would love to get them done before then...

Nightz

MWS is gonna play the CPU. We just tried for an hour and 15 minutes to get this game going and I'm tired of it. It's my fault that it went all the way to the deadline anyway.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
I am until 7 or 8 PM (at the latest). I have to be up at 3 AM the next morning. I would love to get them done before then...

I'm free to do it earlier than 8 PM EST personally, but I doubt that's gonna be the case for everybody else. If we don't get this done tomorrow night, the earliest I see us starting the next season is after New Years. I'm fine either way, so I'll leave it up to you guys.

Nightz said:
MWS is gonna play the CPU. We just tried for an hour and 15 minutes to get this game going and I'm tired of it. It's my fault that it went all the way to the deadline anyway.
Its a damn shame such a good game couldn't get played. Nightz was my toughest game all year and I looked forward to the matchup. Fuggin EA glitches piss me off.

Im free anytime tomorrow since I'm off.

Striker

GCQuinton said:
I'm free to do it earlier than 8 PM EST personally, but I doubt that's gonna be the case for everybody else. If we don't get this done tomorrow night, the earliest I see us starting the next season is after New Years. I'm fine either way, so I'll leave it up to you guys.
If I didn't have to go in so early Friday, I wouldn't mind. But the extra hour early kind of hinders my time. The position changes and cuts are the primary pieces to the off-season for me.

GCQuinton

We're officially in the off-season! Those people who have players leaving to take care of, the deadline is tomorrow at (depending on the answer to the next question)!

To everybody who hasn't chimed in yet, please answer this: As far as the off-season goes, will you guys be free to do the offseason tomorrow and if so, what times can you do it? If you don't post and let me know, don't come complaining to me at the last minute.

If people can't make it tomorrow, it looks like we've got a two week offseason on our hands.

There are rumors circulating that the Oregon Ducks have brought it a new coach. A press conference is forthcoming.

Nevada Coach M.Natural has decided to announce his coaching future sometime tomorrow during our world wide televised DECISION 2013 event.

Stay tuned..

BreakingNews.jpg

NeoGaf_Network.jpg

Sources close to the Minnesota program are telling NSN that Coach BP is also reportedly talking with the Oregon Ducks. The Ducks are coming off of a 4-8 season, finishing 7th in the PAC-10. We expect confirmation on the Oregon coaching vacancy tomorrow afternoon during our DECISION/INDECISION 2013 specials. Stay up-to-date with the NeoGAF Sports Network for the latest information concerning coaching changes. We also invite you to watch Nevada's Worldwide Live Event DECISION 2013 on NSN beginning at 9AM EST. INDECISION 2013 will be airing on NSN2.

GCQuinton said:
We're officially in the off-season! Those people who have players leaving to take care of, the deadline is tomorrow at (depending on the answer to the next question)!

To everybody who hasn't chimed in yet, please answer this: As far as the off-season goes, will you guys be free to do the offseason tomorrow and if so, what times can you do it? If you don't post and let me know, don't come complaining to me at the last minute.

If people can't make it tomorrow, it looks like we've got a two week offseason on our hands.
I can do the off-season after 6PM Central, earlier if I get off work early tomorrow.

BigAT

Tomorrow works for me for the off-season stuff, although I would definitely prefer to do it earlier in the night rather than later.

Nightz

NeoGaf_Network.jpg

espn-erin-andrews.jpg

This is Erin Andrews with some late breaking news for NSN. Sources are reporting that after a humiliating defeat to Nevada in the Sugar Bowl, the dean of San Diego State University has relieved Coach Nightz of his duties. "Coach Nightz has done an excellent job of turning the SDSU program around, but we felt such a disconnect with him in the Sugar Bowl," said the dean. "It almost seemed as if he was being controlled by a CPU in that 35-0 shutout, and that is completely unacceptable."

Coach Nightz could not be reached for comment. If rumors are true however, Nightz should be landing another job fairly quickly. Don't be surprised if another Pac 10 coaching vacancy is filled alongside the Oregon job.

Stay tuned for the latest on this situation. From San Diego, California, this is Erin Andrews, NSN.

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:

Tonight should be fine. The earlier the better.

Edit: My qb left early for the pros. Fucking bum. Hope he gets drafted by the Panthers.

BigAT

This just in, breaking news: sources rumors coaching leaving vacant position unofficially Rutgers announced media decision Ron Mexico staying verified committee BCS.

GCQuinton

Still haven't heard from mik or DCX, but the general theme from everyone else is the earlier the better today. I'll be watching the thread today to wait to hear from them before I make a final decision, but I've got two questions:

1. Does 6 PM EST work for everybody?
2. BPH, you said 6 Central (7 Eastern), maybe earlier, but will you be around a computer for the recruiting if we start at 6 Eastern/5 Central?

Nightz

the-decision-steve-carrel-parody.jpg

Q: You've had everybody else biting their nails. So I guess it's time for them to stop chewing. The answer to the question everybody wants to know: Coach Nightz, what's your decision?

A: In this fall - this is very tough - in this fall I'm going to take my talents to Berkeley and join the Cal Golden Bears.

17.gif

GCQuinton

28lgit4.jpg

401.gif

I would like to officially announce that I have no plans to leave South Carolina and will retain my position as head coach of the Gamecocks for the forseeable future.

Thanks to some erroneous reporting from some media outlets with misinformed "sources", this rumor has been allowed to escalate when the reality of it is I never had any plans of leaving to begin with. When I came to this program, I made a commitment to build this program into a contender. Has it happened as fast as I would have liked? No, but thems the breaks. That said, I'm proud that I've been able to elevate this program to five star status so far and we look to get that sixth star very soon.

Leaving also would have been a slap in the face to many of my first generation of recruits that are just now starting to get playing time, like Adam Gonzales, Travis Babcock and Don Cabral. It would also be unfair to the incoming recruits I made promises to, like A.J. Sanders, Kelvin Price, Robert Lawson.

With 49 underclassmen returning this year that are coming off a 9-4 bowl winning season, we look forward to getting back on the field, getting even better and winning games.

The only person who left early for me was my starting RB. But I just let him go because I have that 5 star uber recruit coming in next year and I promised him freshman all-american anyway.

GCQuinton said:
Still haven't heard from mik or DCX, but the general theme from everyone else is the earlier the better today. I'll be watching the thread today to wait to hear from them before I make a final decision, but I've got two questions:

1. Does 6 PM EST work for everybody?
2. BPH, you said 6 Central (7 Eastern), maybe earlier, but will you be around a computer for the recruiting if we start at 6 Eastern/5 Central?

6PM Eastern would work for me.

NeoGaf_Network.jpg

28lgit4.jpg

NSN has just been notified that a Press Conference will be taking place in the Minnesota AD Conference Center, where we believe that AD Maturi will announce the start of a coaching search for the Minnesota football team. Our sources have told NSN that Coach BPH was speaking with Oregon late into the night and has taken the job. This looks to be confirmation to this report. We now join Minnesota AD Joel Maturi....

Joel.jpg

AD Joel Maturi
Thank you for attending on such short notice. As you all know, rumors have been swirling about Coach BP leaving the Minnesota football program. I am here to announce that the rumors are false and Coach BP will be coaching the Minnesota Golden Gophers in 2014. I will now let Coach say a few words.​

*Coach BP comes out from a door at the side of the room*

Joel+Maturi.JPG

4c52f0012a41c.image.jpg

Coach BP
Well... that was an interesting few hours. Yes, I can confirm that I spoke to Oregon and an offer was extended, but I had a change of heart. Minnesota was at the bottom of the Big Ten and Joel Maturi had the confidence in me to rebuild the Gophers and get them to the top. The kids we have and those that are incoming have also put confidence in me to keep my word to them and I will do that.

We have a week to go until the staff its the road recruiting to round out the recruiting class. I hope this press conference will put the nerves of our players and our incoming and prospective recruits to rest.

Coming off of a somewhat disappointing 9-4 season, I know we can get the guys prepared through spring and fall camp and get even better and go to the Rose Bowl.​

NeoGaf_Network.jpg

New reports are coming in that Coach BP's decision to turn down the Oregon job despite the lucrative contract may have been influenced by the introduction of Nightz as the new coach at Cal. We contacted coach BP but he declined to comment. No word on this from the new Cal Coach Nightz.

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
Did Wellington give up serious hope of joining? I know he had a bit of interest at one point.

If he was serious about it, it wasn't long. He declined right around the end of season three. Waiting to hear back from a newbie, but I'm not counting on it.

NeoGaf_Network.jpg

MULLENSSTILL.jpg

NSN has learned that Oregon had pretty much hired Coach BP away from Minnesota, but BP changed his mind overnight as Oregon was sending a private jet to pick him up. Apparently the jet had arrived in Minneapolis, but Coach BP called Oregon AD Mullen to apologize and let him know that he was staying in Minnesota. When asked whether this all happened as our sources have told us, AD Mullen responded with 2 words, "no comment."

Stay with NSN for Nevada's DECISION 2013 airing right now on NSN1 - Still no word from Coach Natural.

I'm trying to remember how long this took last time. I am thinking about going to see Tron IMAX 3D at 8EST with some friends. You think we could get done in a hour and a half?

GCQuinton

Alright folks, it's locked in. All offseason activities, including the five weeks of recruiting start at 6 PM EST! Mark your calendars!

BPH, this is the first time we've done the recruiting with the other stuff so it really depends on how fast everyone gets stuff done. Can't make any promises there.

GCQuinton said:
Alright folks, it's locked in. All offseason activities, including the five weeks of recruiting start at 6 PM EST! Mark your calendars!

BPH, this is the first time we've done the recruiting with the other stuff so it really depends on how fast everyone gets stuff done. Can't make any promises there.
We could do an XBOX Live Party so we can all chat or whatever during the off-season stuff.

Nightz

Looking at the dynasty, the last few people who haven't set their status to ready don't have any players that they need to convince to come back. Would it be safe to just move on to week 1 of recruiting now? That way some people can get started early.

Only asking because I'm off today and I have a lot of time on my hands. :lol

1y7ix2.png

2qu6tc6.png

Thank you very much. Everybody is on pins and needles across the country, particularly
those teams who are in the running for Coach Natural.

What's new? What's been going on with you this year?

Just been in the film room and practice field trying to get the best out of the talent I have here. I am happy with our Sugar Bowl victory but nothing short of a national championship is a disappointment for me as a coach.

What have you thought about this process?

I put myself in a position to have this process where I can hear teams' pitches and figure out what was the best possible chance for me to ultimately win and to ultimately be happy.

What did you expect? Because we've seen 30 foot billboards of you in Alabama. Ad's getting your name Tattooed on their eldest daughters. We've seen schools shut down their men’s volleyball and women's golf teams to clear out all kinds of funds for your impending contract. We've seen cartoons made about you and for you in part of their pitch. President Obama, for crying out loud, has even chimed in on this. What did you expect from this process?

First of all I wanted to focus on finishing the season strong, which we did. Other things like teams sending a bus load of half naked cheerleaders covered in chocolate to my home are something you can't control. But I expected to be able to go through this process and be able to sit down with my team and sit across from other teams and hear how they feel about me running the show.
And the process was everything I expected and more. And like I said before, I just thank all those teams that have come to Nevada for those interviews, lavish gifts and sexual favors. It was everything that I've ever expected and more.

How many people know your decision right now?

Not many. It's a very, very small number. I probably could count them on toes.

One foot or two feet?

Let's say one….the one with the big bunion on it.

When did you decide?

I think I decided this morning. I mean, I decided this morning I went day to day. I wake up one morning, it's this school. I wake up another morning, it's this one.
But this morning I woke up, had a great conversation with Cecil Newton on the phone (taped of course). He told me to, “Go with the money and hoes” and I ultimately did.

So the last time you changed your mind was yesterday?

The last time I changed my mind was probably in my dreams last night. The ghost of 1988 Michael Irvin came to me on a big white cloud of blow and we had an amazing conversation about the whole thing. And when I woke up this morning I knew it was the right decision.

So does the team that you're going to, that you'll announce in a few minutes, do they know your decision?

They just found out.

They just found out?

Yeah. The AD’s wife called and told me they are on the way to the hospital now. He went into cardiac arrest.

So the other five, on pins and needles, clinching their assholes tight, they don't know; they'll be listening to this?

Right.

What was the major factor, the major reason in your decision?

Money, women, winning, more money, some stability, did I say money already?? I mean like I got bags of that shit in my house; enough to burn for a couple winters.

You've had everybody else biting their nails. So I guess it's time for them to stop chewing. The answer to the question everybody wants to know: Coach Natural, what's your decision?

In this fall...........this is very tough.

In this fall I'm going to take my talents
BACK TO MOTHERFUCKIN’ NEVADA TO KEEP FUCKIN THAT CHICKEN BABY!!!!

The
Nevada Wolfpack?
Really?? That was the conclusion you woke up with this morning??

That was the conclusion I woke up with this morning.

Why?? Their conference sucks; they get no respect from the media and are hated by all the other teams in the League??!

Don’t make me slap the shit out of you right now.

There we have it folks Coach Natural will be
returning to the Nevada Wolfpack
next season. This is NSN DECISION 2013 signing off!

GCQuinton

And after the dust settles, only one team change has occured. Decision 2013 is ova!

Last I checked, Arkansas (mik) still had some transfers to take care of. If he's cool with letting them go, I'll go ahead and advance to recruiting.

GCQuinton

Alright, folks. We're in Week 1 of offseason recruiting!

No real deadline or anything, but I'll advance whenever I see everyone's done.

Top Bottom