• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Azwethinkweiz said:
So were AT and Mik. They didn't have as lucrative a class.

AT finished 2nd; Mik did underachieve and MSU overachieved. It really depends on what the starting pipeline states and School ratings were. I might be 6* but half of my ratings are C's so that makes a big difference.

BigAT

MWS Natural said:
AT finished 2nd; Mik did underachieve and MSU overachieved. It really depends on what the starting pipeline states and School ratings were. I might be 6* but half of my ratings are C's so that makes a big difference.
My 2nd place finish (actually ended up being 3rd) is a bit deceiving in that I try to give out all of my scholarships, even if it's to lesser players. So my high ranking is partially as a result of the number of recruits I have, even though a lot of them are only 3-star players.

Done with position changes.

Striker

Done.

Gotten myself a nice TE who was simply a 3-star player. Decent speed, nice route running, but on top of that, solid blocking numbers. He'll be a starter immediately.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Fucking MWS is probably going through each and every player and seeing if they'll be better somewhere else.

You don't? lol Hey man I don't have a roster full of 5star recruits that work well everywhere. DONE.

Is there any way we can get the rest of the night to do all the preseason stuff? I really have to get going and I believe cutting players is the last thing so I wanted to do that and do the preseason stuff later tonight. Figure you could probably advance to the next season in the morning.

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
Is there any way we can get the rest of the night to do all the preseason stuff? I really have to get going and I believe cutting players is the last thing so I wanted to do that and do the preseason stuff later tonight. Figure you could probably advance to the next season in the morning.
That's how we've always done it.

EDIT: Cut your players!

BigAT

Finger+Amputation.jpg

Done with cuts.

GCQuinton

Before the same people ask the same questions they ask every season around this time, I'm advancing to the preseason tonight and doing the schedules tomorrow. Once I'm done with that, I immediately start the season. If you wanna redshirt players, tonight's the best time to do it!

BigAT said:
Finger+Amputation.jpg

Done with cuts.

That's how far you'd go to save the players you love!

GCQuinton said:
Before the same people ask the same questions they ask every season around this time, I'm advancing to the preseason tonight and doing the schedules tomorrow. Once I'm done with that, I immediately start the season. If you wanna redshirt players, tonight's the best time to do it!
What time are you going to advance to the pre-season?

EDIT: Nevermind....

Nightz

That's the one thing that stands out to me about that game. "JASON! JASON! JAAASON!" :lol

Nice timing on the offseason stuff. Finished just in time for the SDSU-Navy game!

Edit: I just noticed that both of my starting CB's are named Chris Johnson. :lol

GCQuinton

Also, if anybody's gonna have scheduling problems against folks for this and next week let me know and I'll try to move your human games later into the season. And to Marshall and Nevada, I know about your rivalry games. Like always, I'll try to work them in.

Onto Panthers-Steelers!

GCQuinton said:
Also, if anybody's gonna have scheduling problems against folks for this and next week let me know and I'll try to move your human games later into the season. And to Marshall and Nevada, I know about your rivalry games. Like always, I'll try to work them in.

Onto Panthers-Steelers!

Since we are, unfortunately, down to3 user games a year my rivalry game vs UNLV should be able to be worked in. SMH @ the ESPN Top 150....it's the same as last year.

GCQuinton said:

Onto Panthers-Steelers!
On the years when I play Michigan St, could you put my 2 other user games near the beginning of the season? I guess if I don't play them could you make the user games at the beginning, rather than the end of the season? Also, could I get a CPU game Week 1 if possible?

GCQuinton

Big Papa Husker said:
On the years when I play Michigan St, could you put my 2 other user games near the beginning of the season? I guess if I don't play them could you make the user games at the beginning, rather than the end of the season? Also, could I get a CPU game Week 1 if possible?

What difference does it make if it's a user or CPU game? There's a practice mode, people! Use it!

GCQuinton

2146nmf.jpg

War has changed in the Pac-10. But not so much for everybody else.

After building San Diego State into a contender, coach Nightz is set to prove he can make some noise for the Cal Bears as he makes his coaching debut in Berkeley. His move was the highlight of a very rumor-filled, but ultimately unactive coaching carousel going into year five of the NeoGAF NCAA Football Online Dynasty. Season Five is set to begin today with the announcements of the human game schedule by Commish GCQ.

"Year Five should ultimately be the year of no excuses for most of the teams," the commish said. "With the exception of Nightz and DCX, the people that have been here since day one are all at the point where we've had four full recruiting years. In both the figurative and literal senses, the teams you all have right now are the ones you've built up and recruited yourselves. It's YOUR team. So here's to another good season!"

The human game schedule for Season Five is as follows:

Arkansas
Michigan State
Syracuse
South Carolina

Cal
Rutgers
Texas Tech
Minnesota

Marshall
Texas Tech
Rutgers
Nevada

Michigan State
Arkansas
Syracuse
Minnesota

Minnesota
Nevada
Cal
Michigan State

Nevada
South Carolina
Minnesota
Marshall

Rutgers
Cal
Marshall
Syracuse

South Carolina
Nevada
Arkansas
Texas Tech

Syracuse
Michigan State
Arkansas
Rutgers

Texas Tech
Marshall
Cal
South Carolina

Week One Preview coming up!

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week One Games

#18 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #25 Nevada (MWS Natural)
#11 Arkansas (mik) vs. #8 Michigan State (KanZolo)
Marshall (Striker) vs. #4 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. Boston College (CPU)
#15 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. Cal (Nightz)
#22 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #10 LSU (CPU)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week One Headlines

Nightz Makes His Cal Coaching Debut Against #15 Rutgers
Can Michigan State's Mumphrey Win The Heisman Again?
Say Wha? Nevada Begins Season In The Top 25... At #25
Texas Tech, Arkansas Stadiums Are GAF's Toughest Places To Play

Rankings

Texas Tech - #4 Coaches
Michigan State - #8 Coaches
Arkansas - #11 Coaches
Rutgers - #15 Coaches
South Carolina - #18 Coaches
Minnesota - #22 Coaches
Nevada - #25 Coaches

WEEK ONE DEADLINE IS MONDAY!

BigAT

War has changed in the Pac-10.
ron_perlman.jpg

Never. IT NEVER CHANGES!

Nightz, any chance you can plan like now? I'm headed out in a couple of hours for the next two days so it might be nice if we could get it out of the way now.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Just checked out my roster--oof. Looks like my secondary and my kicker will be my undoing again this year. Also, you should all take note that I will be throwing everything to my 98-rated WR.

NeoGaf_Network.jpg

48736_nevada_unlv_football.jpg

NEW YORK -- The only previous time Nevada was ranked in the Preseason Top 25, the Wolf Pack ended the season playing in the Harbor Bowl in San Diego.

That was 1948.

It took 65 years, but Nevada is back in The Preseason Press Poll. The Wolf Pack were No. 25 in the poll released Sunday after finishing the season in the top 5 for their third consecutive year.

"It's about fucking time," coach Natural told the AP in a telephone interview Sunday. "I'm sure our players will be fired up this season."

The Wolf Pack have averaged more than 45 points per game each of the past five seasons, and are expected to stay at that pace even with a new QB at the helm. The major difference this season is Nevada defense is expected to carry them to their fourth consecutive WAC title.

"We are playing better defense," coach Natural said. "These last two years we were average at best versus the pass and it put so much pressure on offense to be productive.

"We have speed and experience at every position this year on the defensive side of the ball and we plan to use it."

Nevada is an underdog at #18 ranked South Carolina on Saturday, then it has another big matchup the week after versus #6 Ohio State University. Week 3's match against lame duck coach BP Husker is also one to watch. These first couple of weeks will determine the direction of Wolfpack's season. Will they squander their new found respect or carry it to a possible BCS birth? Only time will tell.

"We're just going to keep fucking that chicken and let the feathers fall where they may."

MWS Natural said:
NeoGaf_Network.jpg

48736_nevada_unlv_football.jpg

NEW YORK -- The only previous time Nevada was ranked in the Preseason Top 25, the Wolf Pack ended the season playing in the Harbor Bowl in San Diego.

That was 1948.

It took 65 years, but Nevada is back in The Preseason Press Poll. The Wolf Pack were No. 25 in the poll released Sunday after finishing the season in the top 5 for their third consecutive year.

"It's about fucking time," coach Natural told the AP in a telephone interview Sunday. "I'm sure our players will be fired up this season."

The Wolf Pack have averaged more than 45 points per game each of the past five seasons, and are expected to stay at that pace even with a new QB at the helm. The major difference this season is Nevada defense is expected to carry them to their fourth consecutive WAC title.

"We are playing better defense," coach Natural said. "These last two years we were average at best versus the pass and it put so much pressure on offense to be productive.

"We have speed and experience at every position this year on the defensive side of the ball and we plan to use it."

Nevada is an underdog at #18 ranked South Carolina on Saturday, then it has another big matchup the week after versus #6 Ohio State University. Week 3's match against lame duck coach BP Husker is also one to watch. These first couple of weeks will determine the direction of Wolfpack's season. Will they squander their new found respect or carry it to a possible BCS birth? Only time will tell.

"We're just going to keep fucking that chicken and let the feathers fall where they may."
Top notch article Natural... Good read! :lol

BigAT

GG Nightz. That interception and the resulting touchdown right before the half was a big change in momentum for me. I like that the game said my punt crossed the end zone, then they spotted the ball for you at the 1 yard line.

Top Bottom