• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

I might as well ask this now: what's everyone's availability for the rest of the week? Any shot of one night off-season before the weekend? I obviously can't nail this down until all the bowl games are played, but I'm scouting ahead of time.

GCQuinton said:
I might as well ask this now: what's everyone's availability for the rest of the week? Any shot of one night off-season before the weekend? I obviously can't nail this down until all the bowl games are played, but I'm scouting ahead of time.

I'm out of town Friday until New Years. I'll be with family in Charlotte for Christmas then Orlando for a wedding. I'm taking my xbox to Charlotte but obviously I won't be able to play while at the wedding.

Striker

152i634.jpg

Defeated UL Monroe on the shoulders of true Freshman HB Randall Cooper. Starting (backup) QB's first pass got deflected and picked off, and on the next series it was a 10-play drive with 90% of the plays consisting of handing off the ball. Success! :)

Hopefully next season my two true Freshman QB and HB get boosts in numbers. Both were four-stars starting out so I suspect they will get a nice punch. I will have a young OL improving as well; only downfall is having a new starting TE and two starting wide receivers.

GCQuinton said:

I work out on M-W-F so I wouldn't be home until around 9PM but on T-TH I should be home but 7PM EST. I wish we could get these bowl games over and get through the off-season recruiting quickly so we can get to my favorite part PROGRESSION and POSITION CHANGES!

GCQuinton

Since I'm already starting to see the PMs, I'd like to announce I'm adding a little wrinkle to the coaching points system. From this point forward, coaching moves will have two factors that come into play: the current points system (which will still be a major sticking point) and what I'll just call my 'executive decision', meaning that even if you don't have exactly enough points I'll take into consideration the body of work when you request another team.

BigAT

GCQuinton said:
Since I'm already starting to see the PMs, I'd like to announce I'm adding a little wrinkle to the coaching points system. From this point forward, coaching moves will have two factors that come into play: the current points system (which will still be a major sticking point) and what I'll just call my 'executive decision', meaning that even if you don't have exactly enough points I'll take into consideration the body of work when you request another team.
Hopefully this involves taking everyone that asks to change teams and assigning them to FCS West.

BigAT said:
Hopefully this involves taking everyone that asks to change teams and assigning them to FCS West.

Hey man, I'm having pretty shitty ping right now so I'm going to wait it out and hopefully later it'll come back down.

GCQuinton

Tuesday morning "Games Left" update:

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: #3 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. #10 Rutgers (BigAT)
AllState Sugar Bowl: #4 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #7 San Diego State (Nightz)

As far as the off-season stuff, it seems that Thursday might be the sweet spot based on what everybody's been saying. You guys wanna try and knock out all of the off-season stuff Thursday night, take the Christmas break off and start up season 5 on Monday?

I waited for a while last night and you never got on after sending that initial IM to me. I will be on tonight around 7-8PM EST

GCQuinton said:
As far as the off-season stuff, it seems that Thursday might be the sweet spot based on what everybody's been saying. You guys wanna try and knock out all of the off-season stuff Thursday night, take the Christmas break off and start up season 5 on Monday?

Sounds like a plan to me.

Nightz

MWS Natural said:
I waited for a while last night and you never got on after sending that initial IM to me. I will be on tonight around 7-8PM EST
Yeah sorry about that. I actually fell asleep for a little bit and when I woke up you were gone. Ended up playing my 2K11 playoff series instead. I'll most likely be home sometime after 8 EST, depending on how hard it's raining later when I get off work.

Striker

GCQuinton said:
I actually work a little Friday, and have to go in earlier than usual (so they'll let us go home early for Christmas Eve). It would be great if we could knock these out earlier, say in the evening instead of 9 or 10 PM EST.

GG, man. I believe the turning point was the INT I threw that I was sure you'd return back for a touchdown that you for some reason decided to lateral back to my guy. That led to the go ahead touchdown. Still had no idea what happened there but I uploaded it!

BigAT

Azwethinkweiz said:
GG, man. I believe the turning point was the INT I threw that I was sure you'd return back for a touchdown that you for some reason decided to lateral back to my guy. That led to the go ahead touchdown. Still had no idea what happened there but I uploaded it!
Yeah...

The game did that instant HEYYOUINTERCEPTEDIT thing it does sometimes in NCAA instead of stopping and rotating the camera to the other side of the field. I happened to be holding LT at the time because I was strafing with the DB I was controlling and it all happened so instantaneously that it immediately lateraled the ball, right to one of your defenders of course.

Completely changed the game. Instead of walking that in for an easy TAINT, Texas Tech drove down the field for what ended up being the game winning touchdown. Here's the replay:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/56761639

Texas Tech - 21
Rutgers - 14

GG Az.

GCQuinton

Last game up:

And just a heads up now regarding next year's scheduling. Due to the reduced membership, we'll be dropping to 3 human games next season to balance it out. We've got one potential prospect coming in, and it's a newbie at that, so I'm not sure what their track record will be if they do stick around.

Nightz said:
Probably won't be home for a bit. It's pouring here and rain is the stupid button for California drivers. I'll let you know when I get home.
Awwh shit...I have company coming over at 9. Last thing I need is female distractions when trying to play. If it's too late we may have to reschedule.

Nightz

MWS Natural said:
Awwh shit...I have company coming over at 9. Last thing I need is female distractions when trying to play. If it's too late we may have to reschedule.
Sorry about this. Short week at work + rain + wedding planning = bad schedule for me. We have unexpected guests coming over soon, so tonight is probably a no go anyways. Let's shoot for tomorrow.

Nightz said:
Sorry about this. Short week at work + rain + wedding planning = bad schedule for me. We have unexpected guests coming over soon, so tonight is probably a no go anyways. Let's shoot for tomorrow.
Working out today so I won't be able to get on until after 9pm. A start time between 9-10pm EST works best for me.

NeoGAF NCAA 11 Dynasty Coaching Rumors

NSN (NeoGAF Sports Network) has learned that there are may be a large shakeup in the NCAA 11 Online Dynasty following the CPU National Championship. A source close to the situation believe that Marshall, Minnesota, Nevada, San Diego St and South Carolina may be looking for new coaches as the current coaches are looking to either move to a BCS conference or move to greener pastures.

This is a fluid situation and NSN will keep you up to date on this breaking story.

Big Papa Husker said:

NSN (NeoGAF Sports Network) has learned that there are may be a large shakeup in the NCAA 11 Online Dynasty following the CPU National Championship. A source close to the situation believe that Marshall, Minnesota, Nevada, San Diego St and South Carolina may be looking for new coaches as the current coaches are looking to either move to a BCS conference or move to greener pastures.

This is a fluid situation and NSN will keep you up to date on this breaking story.

You punks. Why don't you stick with the teams you've built up? And GC, shame on you. You're the reason there's an all CPU National Championship.

NSN (NeoGAF Sports Network) has just received word that Coach Striker will be staying at Marshall at least for the time being. When asked to comment on the previous story, Coach Striker stated that "Unless my two Freshman QB and HB leave, I ain't going anywhere." We have received no comments from both the Minnesota and South Carolina programs.

In other news, Coach Az of Texas Tech called out other league coaches for contributing to a CPU/CPU National Championship game.

NeoGaf_Network.jpg
Rampant speculation surrounding Perennial NCAA Coach of the Year M.Natural leaving the Nevada Wolfpack at the end of this season. Having compiled an overall record of 50-1 in his coaching career he is the most sought after talent since Lebron James took his talents to South Beach a few years ago. With his ability of being able to succeed with less talent and complex defensive schemes any program in the country would welcome him with open arms.

We could not reach the coach for comment as he is in preparation for his Sugar Bowl matchup versus a highly motivated San Diego State team coming off a couple of major late season victories. Although all season Coach Natural has been on a media blackout due to a perceived "lack of respect" his program has received over the years. We have gotten word that a special "DECISION 2013" NSN program is possibly in the works after the season finishes. Stay tuned to NSN for all breaking sports news.​

Top Bottom